[Flashback]The mysterious bandit![CLOSED]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Flashback]The mysterious bandit![CLOSED]

Postby Diane on September 5th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Avanthal.20nd of December -508 A.V.

The world itself was icy,making everything in it's sight pure white covering the ground and the big trees.Even the steps you had to take more careful,the snow was reaching down to your knees but,luckily if you had warm and fuzzy boots you'll be fine.That was the basic for surviving in the cold weather and to the icy winds in Avanthal.

Diane sang her favorite tune,while riding Syn,her horse going to the small shop which her dad had opened.The horse had a black skin,with nice long hair set on the left side of his strong neck,a more darker color.He was breathing and walking calmly,the warm air spread through his big nostrils from the cold,it seemed like stream.
"Syn,we have just a little while.What you say if we make a small race,huh?I bet we can get there faster than that small fox over there." said Diane with a smile,pulling more her hood over head,seeing a small white,fluffy fox at a distance and patted her horse gently.She pulled better the harness,to a back mode and then to the right side making Syn,to move to the right side as the trees around them were all covered in snow as if they were dressed with a long,whitey coat.

"Let's show him who is the best from here!Go,Syn!"said Diane confident and Syn stood on his two feet from the back,making a loud noise and the begun to gallop faster towards the destination.He was speeding up,going through the heavy snow and the cold wind,making him to breathe harder,yet he was a strong horse and had a nice form for his age.

I wonder if Dad managed to sell all the merchandise,hmm..I will try and help out and maybe sing some nice songs to attract more people.I wonder if the owner from the other store,still has those delicious bread with sugar! He better have.. thought to herself,passing by a forest,as she was riding her horse,going from the left to right through the pines.It was around noon,even in that winter scenario,where coldness was at each corner you would turn around,they sky was rather clear.
Diane, could hear more voices coming from the area where the small stores where placed,and could see small smoke coming from around there.With a small smile,she made Syn to slow down a bit entering in the zone of the merchandise.

She saw her dad's store at the right side,while some people were wondering around buying or just looking around,trying to decide about many things.Diane got down from Syn,and walked with him slowly near her dad's store and tied the harness by a near tree.She kissed Syn on his big nose and patted him gently.
"Stay here for a while..I will be back with some goodies for you." as she walked away to the store,pulling slowly down her hood revealing her nice skin,black long hair and her icy-blueish eyes.Her dad wasn't around and thought he was in the back,getting closer she saw someone with a long,red cloak taking something from the store while a wolf was staying right beside him.He was a thief.

"Hey,you!! You gotta pay for that! Stop it.." shouted Diane to the person,as he turned a bit to face her,but couldn't see his face.However,with a quick move he ran off from there as the wold fallowed him.
"You bandit!get back here..!!!" yelled louder Diane to him,as she started to ran herself after him passing by the market full of people,looking from left to right.She saw him at another near store,or what it seemed his red,long cloak with some down lines on it.

"where did he go..?" asked herself,making room between the crowed place,lifting up on her toes taking a good look around her.No sight of him.She lost him,they were to many people there.
Diane let out a deep sigh,walking back to the store with the thought of that bandit and who could he..or she be.It wouldn't leave her mind and had to find who was it an how much did he take.She saw her dad in front of the store with a worried expression on his face,which made her rush over more quicker.

"he took the best fish I had..Now I only got the small ones and these sea stuff.I don't think we will have enough money.." said her dad,as Diane patted his back and hugged him.
"Don't worry Papa,I will try to find him.No matter what and make him pay for it.That's a promise.." replied Diane with a warm smile,the coloring from her eyes changed into deep violet with some orange reflection around the iris.
She stood up and went back to the store,getting two carrots and waved her hand at her father,going to Syn getting the hood back on her head.The wind got a bit stronger and some small snowflakes were flying up in the air,almost like dancing in a slow waltz.

Daine gave Syn one carrot so he can eat,patting him and untied the harness and fixed better the saddle.Soon,she supported her hands by it and got on top of him,making a left turn and passed by the people going in front seeking for the bandit.She had to find him,no matter what.Due the current situation,at least finding the wolf would help,but of course for her,all wolves looked the same.This will be a hard task indeed.Oh,well
Last edited by Diane on September 30th, 2010, 4:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.

""If I let you love me..be the one Adored -will you go all the way ?.."
Diane
Though One..

Words: 68175
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (1)

[Flashback]The mysterious bandit![Open]

Postby Diane on September 7th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Avanthal: 20 December,winter. 508 A.V.

After searching half of the day, for that so called "bandit" Diane decided it was best to return home.Everything was a mess.No luck on her side, with the hood pulled on her face, she tried to face better the cold wind of the winter.It was still good having Syn with her and she didn't had to walk on foot through that heavy snow, it would have took her forever to get at the destination or even try to find the damn thief.

"Syn,we got unlucky.Geez,it's gotten colder..want another carrot?" patting her black "knight" as she called him sometimes, and got out the last carrot from her pocket letting Syn to eat it.They stopped in the meantime,half way from where the stores area had been placed, taking a look around them.Snow.Snow again and some ice.Snow once again,everything white all around them and cold, icy wind which almost pierced your skin like thousands of needles.
Then again, Diane was used to such weather and felt rather relieved that the sky was so clear and the small snowflakes falling on her coat, along with the coldness of the breeze, some of the snowflakes, were flying up in a nice, small dance.

"Now this is nice indeed.Syn,look at the sky..the Aurora is seen clearly now. Such green and purple vivid reflections." said to herself with a small smile forming from those pink lips.She didn't cared about the cold wind,the "hills" full of snow nor the trees covered all in the white "coat".She enjoyed that view more than anything.It was nothing better than dream by looking at the sky, stars as everything is covered in white.
Someday..I know it,I will go further to the south part at least or maybe in the wild-jungle,where everything is green and other colors.I am curious how the world looks like in other colors than this pure,magnificent White.. gave a thought, laying in the heavy snow, as she tried to make a Snow Angel form.

"Now,this feels nice..hehe.You should try and make one.Well,it will turn into a horse Angel,still good.A horse with wings." talked with Syn,as the horse's eyes watched upon her, making a sound as if he understood what she was saying and patted the snow with his right foot back and forth.

"Hey..like that will happen.You are a horse, you need to use all your body, not only your foot." replied to his behavior Diane,getting up slowly not to ruin her small figure of a snow-angel.She smiled gentle at Syn, still the horse moving his right foot to the ground, more into the snow and making sounds.
"OK,I guess you should stop now.We gotta get going.." getting up on him, pulled the harness strong, but not to tight making once again Syn to stand up on his back legs.
"Let's go! Syn-Knight..!!" while Diane's eyes color changed into deep orange,with green lines around it and Syn begun to gallop from there,heading home passing at medium speed the forest and the hills.
Last edited by Diane on September 12th, 2010, 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Diane
Though One..

Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Diane on September 9th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Late afternoon,20 December 508 AV

The image of the red coat and the wolf, doesn't leave my mind right now.I wonder why did he or she..stole from the store?Did the bandit needed money or food..Or maybe both?Argh! I don't know if I will find out.I've searched in the near locations here and couldn't find it. as she seemed lost in thought, Diane made Syn to slow down a bit pulling the harness.However, at some point Syn all of the sudden rose on his feet from the back making loud sounds.He seemed that someone or something stopped him from walking.

"Oh...Syn!Hey..what's wrong?Calm down..!" said Diane on a worrying tone of voice,trying to make Syn to get back on his feet.She felt that something was wrong, but couldn't tell just yet.Just then, she saw a wolf at not a far distance showing his sharp teeth, as if he was threatening them.

"Syn,boy..calm down! It's a wolf..Calm,Knight -calm.." patted his strong neck, while the wind got stronger spreading more the snow around.It was starting a snow storm.
Diane managed to make Syn to calm down, looking at the angry wolf who begun to bark loudly towards them, making Syn and even Diane more nervous.She pulled the hood with her left hand, as only her dark colored greenish now eyes, were seen capturing like a nice view of the Aurora showing on the gray sky.

"I think I know who you are.." said at first tot he wolf, rising one eyebrow and tried to breath through the cold and snowy weather. "were is your friend,huh?The..damn thief! Come on, show yourself already..!" continued her words Diane, holding the hood near her mouth with her hand and looking around with her beautiful emerald eyes, waiting for a response.

Diane
Though One..

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on September 12th, 2010, 3:01 am

The city life of Avanthal was often hard for Farren. He was not exactly an outcast, no one in Avanthal was. He was more or less avoided. He liked it that way though. Since his mother's death he much preferred to be alone. He found solace in animals though, more so than others. He had a closer connection to them than others. He could hear them and understand them as if they were speaking common tongue. It was his mother's death that had led to this understanding. Months in the Northern Wastes had brought the attention of Caiyha, the goddess of nature herself. He would carry that secret to the grave. Only Deluna knew about his meeting with the goddess and as far as he was concerned she would be the last.

It was especially cold today and Farren pulled his coat tight around him. One could always tell which coat was Farren's due to it's lack of fur lining. Once a man can understand animals there was no way he was going to wear their pelts as clothing. The shop was closed for the day. Every once in a while Farren closed his rare animal shop and headed to the Wastes. He felt like an animal and so he felt more comfortable in the wild than in the city. On his way out he heard a bark rip through the air. The sound of the animal was not familiar but it sparked an interest for him. The dog seemed to be warning someone, a partner if he was not mistaken. His eyes turned a strange shade of blue with green around the pupils and edges if his irises. The Wastes could wait, there was an animal in danger and Caiyha help who ever was putting it in that situation.

The day was getting colder and the wind whipped through Farren's jet black hair. He listened to the world around him trying to figure out where the animal was. He heard the rough Talderan winds and something else, a girl's voice. He walked to it. Farren still could not distinguish animal voices from sentient voices. He quickened his pace and found a girl standing next to a black horse and staring down a wolf. She was questioning the wolf like she was expecting it to answer her. It made a small smile stretch across his face. The wolf had answered but she couldn't understand him. Farren walked to her side and looked at the wolf. "He is just trying to help his partner. Don't worry, his owner will get caught by Icewatch soon enough. Crime doesn't get too far around here." Farren's voice was deep and in a sense, empty. He did not want to talk to the girl or any sentient being for that matter. The truth of the matter was if he didn't the wolf might get hurt.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Diane on September 12th, 2010, 3:32 am

Diane become a bit annoyed at the wolf's barking, took another look around her as like from the middle of nowhere a young man with lack hair, begun to speak about the wolf's owner being catch by the Icewatch.Hi voice seemed severe and deep, making Diane to feel a bit unease and insecure, the simple fact made her eyes color to change into a deep purple,small strains of dark-blue around them.

However,she gathered enough courage to find her words, while in the meantime she pulled the harness turning Syn on the right side and moved a bit from the spot.Her eyes were gazing at him, as if analyzing a total new person.Well,he was for her.

"Yeah..I hope so.Are you friends with this wolf?Could you please tell him, to go away?It's scarring my horse.."managed to address him on a suave tone, with a cold breeze soon passing by and made her hood to fell on the back, thud it revealed her dark hair with greenish reflection.

On a short time, Diane smiled a bit and got down from the horse turning her body at the guy looking closely at his clothing.His coat it isn't like the thief, as far as I remember, that one had the color red with some lines..Hmm.I can't suspect him,just yet..Still, I am wondering why and how did he got around here? gave a thought, almost starting at his coat with her colorful eyes.

"May I ask..what are you doing around here?" said to him all of the sudden, still feeling a bit weird talking with him, she really tried to hide her nervousness looking at the surroundings and not face him right then.The guy had a mysterious aura around him and seemed so..unapproachable.

Diane
Though One..

Character sheet
Scrapbook

[Flashback]The mysterious bandit![Cheshire]

Postby Cheshire on September 12th, 2010, 4:33 am

Annoyance prickeled at Farren. This girl was speaking of the wolf like it was a mindless beast. As his aggetation with the girl worsened his eyes turned black with red encircling the pupils. "You see this wolf as nothing but a mindless pest don't you?" His voice was sharp when he spoke. It was hard not to hear the anger in his words. He gave the girl a dark look and then turned his glaze to the wolf. The moment his eyes met the wolf they turned a brilliant shade of lime green. He started to speak in Vani to the wolf. He knew that anything that this girl might say would be completely one sided. In his opinion not enough people to the side of the animal. The wolf complied and told Farren his side of the story. Once the wolf had said what he felt Farren looked back at the girl, his eyes dropping back into the dark black and red shade. "Why are you presuing this wolf? It would seem that your vendeta does not lie with him but with his master." His glare was threatening although he had no intention of hurting the girl. As much as he felt out of place with humans and setient beings he could never hurt one just for the sport of intimidation. He walked past the girl and stood in front of the girl's horse. "You are quite the risktaker to ride a black horse in Taldera. You stick out like an Inarta among Konti." Farren was well aware his words were harsh, he intended them to be. He was not out to make friends or have frienly convorsation. He was here to make sure this wolf was not attacked for a human's mistakes. "And as for why I am here, my business is my own. I am a member of Frostfawn hold, therefor I am welcome to be where ever nature thrives in Avanthal. We are standing here on snow and we are in the company of two animals. I say I have every right to be here. The better question is why are you here? Shouldn't you be off cooking or doing whatever you Winterflames do?" Farren let the words linger and felt no remorse for the sting they may have caused Diane. He had lost his compassion years ago. All he worried about were the animals and himself.

Farren placed his hand on the side of Syn's face and began to speak in Vani again. He smiled as they talked and he ran his hand over Syn's neck intertwining his black fingernails in the horses mane. He was a sight to see. A vantha with jet black hair wearing nothing but black with almost completely black irises talking to a black horse. They looked like a stain of ink on paper in contrast to the white snow. The horse showed no fear to Farren almost like he had known him forever. 

When he was done talking to Syn Farren turned to Diane. "I would have taken you as completely hopless if you did not share such a strong kinship with your horse." Farren walked away from the black steed and stood looking at Diane. "So are you going to tell me why you are getting hostile about this wolf or do you expect me to just scare him off like a common pest?" Farren looked over to the wolf who was sitting patiently in the snow. He remembered the beast, he had sold it to a man in a red coat about a year ago. Farren never forgot an animal and he was sure that this wolf was once under his care. For this reason alone he could not be harsh to it. He had a close kinship to his animals and that was something no human could change.

OOCSorry Farren is being mean. I promise I don't hate you.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Diane on September 12th, 2010, 8:02 am

OOC: it's fine, that's how he is ^^ bring it on!~

Diane's facial expression completely changed seeing the new person talking in Vanti with the wolf, trying to get his seriousness by giving her a more threatening look with dark-deep eyes as he begun to ask her things.

"I..I- don't see this wolf as a threat nor a enemy.Don't get me wrong,I love animals." replied sharply to him changing her color eyes, getting a bit intimidated by him and yet tried to stay cool.She turned away from him,passing by her hands on Syn's skin and looking at the far distance.

"I thought this wolf might be the one I saw in the market.Someone stole some fish from my Dad's store and the person had a wolf accompanying him.For me, excuse me, but wolfs look the same." continued to speak along with her eyes, now turning a pale green and with a reflection of yellow at the iris.
She smiled as the boy continued his speech, comparing her and Syn, as among the races of Konti and Inarta, sticking out quite revealing.It was the first time someone took her lightly and actually speak up so open with her, well besides her parents.In some way, this boy intrigued her and the way he addressed to her person.

However, his explication seemed fair enough for her ears on why he was around her, for some reason indeed Diane didn't had any right to ask him those kind of questions.But she felt as if she wanted to know.Let's say..for her own reasons.
"I was at the market to help my father with the store when I saw the thief stealing the food,so I went after him of course.I only know he was wearing a long,reddish coat and had a wolf with him." said Diane all serious, but on a more calmer tone of voice pausing a bit.

Diane's stopped just to listen to the guy's words, while he petted Syn and talked over,her eyes color deepened even more as if she was jealous of him touching her precious friend.She didn't reacted back to that, only watched,observed every move he made and his words trying to choose hers carefully.At least, he seemed to get along with animals,so that was a good point.Friends?No way.He didn't looked like that type of guy, furthermore Diane stepped a bit further from where they were and got near the wolf bending over with a gentle smile, forming from her pinkish lips.

"hey,look..I am sorry about earlier.I, don't wanna harm you.Really." said to the wolf, while the small snowflakes were still falling down in a nice dance,as the wind got stronger making her black hair to swing in the air.
Diane stood up and looked over to the guy in front of her, brushing her hair with her left hand ad sighed approaching more and touched Syn."Hmm..I see.I have him for a long time, he is my only friend.I care more for him than for myself..and to answer your other question." paused again petting her horse even more,then kissed his nice smiling all the time.The color in her eyes become more lighter and could see the happiness and the warmth, within the feelings she got for her horse.A strong bond.

"As I didn't found the bandit, I got out from the Market area and I am heading home.This is the route I go when I want to spent a bit more time alone with my thoughts..So it seems that I got unlucky with that,how stupid huh?" said with a bit of sadness in her tone and looked away at the view and the pure snow."My name is Diane and..this is Syn.Even if this is our first and last encounter, I don't want to be a complete stranger.As for the thief,I don't know if I will find him or not..for certain is, that I met you and You are real." continued Diane putting a sincere smile as her eyes gazed upon him, in a blueish-sweet color.

Diane
Though One..

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on September 12th, 2010, 7:32 pm

As much as Farren did not want to admit it, the girl sparked an interest in him. Not because she loved animals. Anyone could have one of Reikanni's yippy little pets and call themselves an animal lover. She was actually trying to talk to him. Most people just ignored the dark man, or at least knew to stay out of his way. He was not friendly in the least and he did not have friends. He did not even conciter Daluna his friend and he trusted her more than anything. Did this Winterflame girl not know of him and his checkered past? 

A strange deep purple color engulfed Farren's irises as he began to speak again. "You claim to not see the wolf as a threat yet you want me to make it leave because it's 'scaring your horse'. That sounds like threatened talk to me...Diane." He had known Diane's name before she had said it. Syn had told him. He did not want to let on about his gift from Caiyha to the girl so he decided to except the girl's offer of her name. Farren chose not to tell others his name though. He was supposed to be a shadow in this city. A figure of black passing through the city unnoticed. Enough people knew his name, there was no reason to share it. 

Seeing Diane talk to the wolf was a strange sight. The wolf didn't understand her nor would he ever unless the girl somehow received a gift from Caiyha which was unlikely. Farren was unsure how it happened, most likely by a stroke of magic, but his speech was able to get through to their ears. His eyes looked toward the wolf and a deep shade of scarlet erupted in his irises. The wolf was threatened by Diane. It was plain to see by the thrashing movements of his tail. It was still unclear what Diane's true feeings were toward the wolf but the wolf was preparing to pounce. Canines were loyal and the wolf knew Diane was seeking out his master. "Diane, keep your distance from the wolf. He will not attack you but he wants to. I knew his master. He did not teach this wolf to spare lives." That was the flaw of so called "animal lovers". They thought just because they loved animals that the love went both ways. Farren knew it was hardly ever that way. Nature was wild and humans could not see that for some reason.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Diane on September 12th, 2010, 8:10 pm

The view before her eyes managed to get to her,as for some reason a nostalgia feeling crossed her body giving her shivers all over.It was strange.This guy was strange.The meeting itself made her feel a bit odd.
"I don't know how to treat wolfs or how they think,you know?I just assumed he scared Syn.He seemed very agitated..I-I.." mumbled the last words,small blueish yet deep colors appeared around her irises.It was as if she had two drops of water,going along perfectly with her black hair and dark skin.She begun to feel nervous and for some reason,which she couldn't explain..felt her heart beating faster only by looking at the guy.

However,she turned away from his gaze while he continued to speak and Diane,moved from where he wolf sat.A thing really freaked her out.He knew her name just as she had wanted to say,and only made her feel insecure and anxious of this person.How could he knew that?Strange things happen in life,then again..That was the oddest.

She let out a deep sigh and took a look upon the sky,watched the snowflakes wondering around as the boy said not to approach more the wolf,as for sure he knew his master.And then again, he continued to say that the wolf doesn't spare lives.The simple fact made Diane to smile wider, as she patted Syn gently brushing through his hair.Once again,she moved her eyes to him with the most calm look,yet for some reason her head felt dizzy,quickly she closed her eyes and let herself to support by Syn so she won't lose her balance.

"Syn..we must go home..My head is.." were her last mumbling words just before she passed out,while her body lowered slowly and reached the snowy ground.To much stress.To many things going on..or to much emotion at once?Maybe all together.Only time will tell..

Diane
Though One..

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on September 12th, 2010, 11:04 pm

For Caiyha's sake the girl had fainted. Farren truly did not know what to do. He had no intention of helping this girl. She had not even been smart enough to stay away from a wolf who was ready to attack her. As she laid on the ground the wolf came over and sniffed at her. "Go back to your master and if I ever hear he is stealing in Avanthal again I will lead Icewatch to him. I expect the stolen good back to Winterflame hold." The wolf bowed his head and scampered off into the snow. Farren may have been one of the lesser liked people in Avanthal but he would have defended it to the death. The only thing that was more important to him was Caiyha and everything his loving goddess touched. He was faced with a choice. Leave the girl to freeze or help her to safety.

After pondering his actions he finally decided to help Diane. He cringed at the thought of helping the girl but it seemed that maybe his conscience was coming back after all these years. He lifted the girl into his arms and looked at Syn and signaled for him to follow. Although Farren did not look like it he was quite strong. He had to be for the line of work he did. Not every wild animal just backed down. Respect was earned in the Wastes not given because he was gifted by Caiyha.

The walk was not that long. Avanthal was a very interconnected city and Farren had been delivering animals to the different holds for as long as he could remember. A brisk walk though the snow brought him to Winterflame hold. He really wanted to get her dropped off fast because he knew the town would talk if he was seen carrying a fainted girl. Farren sadly did not have the best reputation. He did not know what to do with her so he walked up the steps to the hold and sat her down on the porch. He looked around with worried eyes that turned a shocking shade of yellow. If he knew one thing about girls it was that they had fathers and when fathers found their daughters passed out in the arms of men that spelled nothing but trouble.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Next