Closed [Sacred Arch Hotsprings] Go With The Flux (Ball, Kreig)

Rachel is sparring with her brother, then a brave clay fellow comes along.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Sacred Arch Hotsprings] Go With The Flux (Ball, Kreig)

Postby Rachel Messer on February 14th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Sacred Arch Hotpsrings, 8th of Bell, 30th of Winter 513 A.V

Winter was still in full-force, Morwen's touch brushing against most of Mizahar, including temperate regions such as Sylira, where the crown jewel of civilization lay, the Fortress of Syliras. Just fifteen chimes of walk from this Fortress was a popular relaxing spot for citizens and Knights alike, a hotspring that went by the name 'Sacred Arch'. Even in Winter, the calm water was still invitingly warm as ever, undisturbed by the low temperature around it.

However, Rachel was not here this morning for relaxing, she was about to spar with her brother, the squire Kreig Messer in the art of unarmed combat. The instructor was quite proficient in wielding a longsword, but she was a mere child without it, she must rectify this fact. Since she was planning to be a knight someday, she ought to be versatile, relying too much on her blade would result in dire situations, she would be helpless if she was disarmed. Her brother, Kreig Messer, was quite the opposite, he had little skill with the blade, but an amazing hand-to-hand fighter. Rachel viewed him as one of the best unarmed figther in Syliras and that was not an exaggeration.

"So, brother, what should I do first?" The sister asked as she put down her backpack and longsword near a tree, they were in a clearing near the hotsprings, Rachel began to warm herself up by doing basic exercise, looking at Kreig with her green eyes, "do bear with me, I am but a child compared to you in the art of fisticuffs," She lightly chuckled. She had another skill though, still a novice, but it was a skill nonetheless. The instructor could direct some of her djed to amplify her speed and strength for a short burst, the art of Flux. Rachel wasn't confident in it yet so she avoided mentioning it to people, as an Instructor, she wasn't fond of teaching something she didn't know much of.

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on February 14th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Kreig was a man of his word, and to family he kept it double. Kreig nodded to his sister, dressing lightly in the hotsprings as the warm steam caused him to sweat slightly. He limbered himself up as he moved about his arms and legs. He hoped he could teach his sister his art, with little harm possible as well. He looked at his sisters with worry in his eyes yet a contradicting smile on his face " I'll do my best sister, but I learnt my art through pain... and pain is a great teacher" Kreig warned sadly, it would be sad for his sister who quite clearly disliked their life of Sunberth, he was sad because he knew she wouldn't understand why he loved that city. For him the life there was no diffcult thing, it was simply a life.

He cracked his knuckles and poped the joints of his neck. He didn't know of his sister's secret, all but that she was a friend of Priskil. He hoped he could one day thank the goddess in person for watching over his sister, the sister he never knew till 20 days ago. For now, he simply had to make up for all those years by teaching her his art....of course there was a third with them. A small peculiar creature no bigger than his thumb.... he was another training partner and one that Kreig was a tad wary off... the small figure was quite dangerous ' And what a fun danger too.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on February 17th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Ball allowed the two larger pycons to talk to themselves for a bit as he got Imass to sit and lay down by a tree close by. He didn’t want the dog taking a drink from the springs, as he had a feeling that whatever made the waters bubble and remain warm in this wretched winter toxic. Ball wore no clothing, he rarely did to be frank, and the clay squire looked at the other two. One was stretching, the other was doing basic warm-up exercises, and Ball just stood there. It probably wouldn’t hurt the clay man to stretch some before they did whatever they had planned, but he wasn’t sure how he could go about handling his stretching. The other two yanked at their arms and legs to stretch them… Ball just allowed his body to flex and twist, bend and corkscrew as it wanted.

He had finished his oddity of stretching long before the others two did, and so he remained motionless, waiting for them to go on with the day’s training session, so far the Pycon spoke not-a-word. Remaining quiet and observant as he looked at his surroundings. The spring was to the trio’s right, surrounding them were the trees of the forest and somewhere beyond that in the direction they came from was the Rock-Beast. So far Ball saw nothing he could use to level the playing ground at all. He stood three inches, a mere speck of earth compared to the others here.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Rachel Messer on February 19th, 2014, 6:15 am

The instructor watched as Kreig did his warm-up exercise, noting with careful eyes, perhaps there was something she could learn, his nature of fighting was the complete opposite of hers, he was wild, brutal, and unpredictable, while Rachel was composed, disciplined, and coordinated. Both of these fighting styles were effective, it was just the matter of skill, if she was going to learn from Kreig, Rachel mentally prepared herself to abandon all forms of discipline be more flexible, "Thank you, Brother, hope I can manage," She chuckled, he was a squire, surely he had experienced more pain than she was.

Rachel noted that Kreig brought his comrade with him, a small figure that seemed to be made out of clay, if she remembered correctly, she saw one of these living clay race once in Sunberth, scurrying through cracks and places where even a human baby couldn't reach. She didn't know a proper name for them though, but she should treat them with the same amount of respect as fellow sentient beings. Rachel approached the clay figure then knelt down so she could leverage some of the height difference, "Good morning to you, Sir, my name is Rachel Messer, I'm Kreig's sister and an instructor in the Fighter's Pits, may I know whom am I speaking with?" She extended a right hand in a polite gesture to shake his.

After they were done introducing, Rachel stood up and eyed both Kreig and the clay man, nodding, alright, let's begin. Idly, she wondered, I never done this before, but maybe... I can strengthen my punch with the flux, it seems very plausible, but later, I need some directions from Kreig first. "Anytime you want to begin, brother," Rachel said as she positioned herself.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on February 20th, 2014, 7:04 am

Kreig nodded and began to breathe deeply, trying to compose himself for what is to come. Common sense was that they shouldn’t go ‘all out’ as it were, quite frankly he needed to see what his sister can do from the most basic of actions. He didn’t know what to do with Ball quite honestly, the little clay of oddness was dangerous in his own right and Kreig kept thinking about the massive size difference between them. He raised the palms of his hands forward, his eyes placed on his sister “Alright sister, you can guess what I’m about to do, yeah? I need to see what you can do at your most basic to get a good handle on how we should go about this” Kreig told her.

While he had seen her move with a sword, her speed quite impressive with one, to see it another form of combat was something altogether different. There were common archtypes with unarmed fighters really, almost to the point of being clichés really, but they existed. Kreig fought many to know of such, although these archtypes were quite basic they were simply a classification, and such things changed as time goes by. He imagined his sister to be of the speedy archtype, quick movement and attacks whilst trying to keep their distance or avoid attacks to the best of their abilities….however that was simly an assumption and truly there was only one way to find out.

“Don’t hold back, do whatever you think feels right. Ball, I want you to watch as well, an eye on side can help quite tremendously in such matters” He motioned for his sister to come at him, ready to take whatever she would dish at him.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on March 7th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Ball watched as the female of the two humans introduced herself and ask Ball who he was. “Ball.” When she knelt down to shake his hand the pycon did the same, his small hand taking hold of the very tip of the finger closest to him. A single up-down pump of her finger and he released it. He could see the family resemblance between Bored Pycon and the female, but the female was far more attractive (even if she did stand several feet taller and looked nothing like a Pycon). Ball listened, it appeared he had nothing to do in the first part of this triangular session of training.

Bored Pycon asked him to stand aside and view the first bout between siblings and asked as he was Ball stood over to the side. Watching was simple for someone three inches in height, but Ball had some other plans cooking in his nexus… It would involve Bored Pycon having to defend from two fronts… Lets see him succeed then…

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Rachel Messer on May 5th, 2014, 3:32 pm

The Instructor nodded at her brother, "Alright, I hope I do not dissapoint you too much," She said 'too much' because she knew she would disappoint him with her meager skills. Rachel had very little knowledge about unarmed combat, the very few she learned was from watching the occasional street fights in the streets of Sunberth and also... practicing with her friend, a boy named 'Osd', Rachel half-wondered about his whereabouts, she truly hoped Osd was all fine and dandy.

With a nod, "Here I go!" and an exclmation, Rachel prepared her fists as she charged at Kreig, her charge was similar to someone who wielded a sword, a bad choice since she didn't hold any blade at the moment, the instructor then threw a right jab, a sloppy right jab, it was too slow and predictable, Rachel even noticed it herself as she lingered too long before exerting her muscles, Rachel expected Kreig to easily dodge or counter her, but to no humiliate herself further, Rachel followed with a left uppercut, which was wrong in its execution and ended up hitting the air in front of Kreig, even if Kreig didn't dodge, she would miss.

"Ugh..." Groaning, Raachel decided to plow on with the unarmed variation of her three-strike-combo, she made a quick - which were slow in truth - left and right jab, followed by clasping her hands together then making a downward 'cleaving' motion. Of course, her lack of skill didn't allow for much variety or challenge for Kreig, but at least... she didn't trip and fall on the ground, her balance as a swordswoman certainly helped. Huffing, Rachel took a step back then wiped her brows, "W-what do you think, brother?" Idly, she turned her head at the Pycon, praying he wasn't laughing at her poor display.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on November 15th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Kreig

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 1 EXP
Meditation + 1 EXP
Example + 0 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Meditation: Focusing Through Breathing

Ball

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 2 EXP

Notes :
I'm sorry Ball, I didn't see anything to award in the way of lore.

If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)