Completed [Mithryn] The Burden of Silver

Marrick's letter to Oriah, and the start of his flight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Mithryn] The Burden of Silver

Postby Marrick Corvis on February 21st, 2014, 1:09 am

Afternoon Winter 40th, 513AV

The Parcel had come on the fifteenth and Marrick had enjoyed every last bit of its contents. Oriah, gods and goddesses bless her heart, had sent him a parcel. He had started the letter then, but when he had finished he was uncertain of what it had meant.

He had read it over multiple times, each time reconsidering sending it. Some days, he would get up just enough courage to do it only to ultimately stop himself. Yet every moment of his training he had worn it inside his shirt, or in his coat of arms. As he unfolded its trifold parchment one last time he read it to himself, by the candle light.

Dear Oriah,
My Oasis in the wastes. The distance from you has been hard to bear. Each day seems colder without you beside me. Were you not mortal, but a goddess, Syna would be jealous of the warmth you give. Every day is a grueling test of my endurance and it seems almost as if my armor grows heavier. Yet, I learn so much each day. How to turn a blade, how to overwhelm an opponent, or how to take better care of Kiter.

The mare misses you sorely. She had a week of sorrows when she realized she wasn’t going to see you for some time. She came through it alright though with a few treats, and several hours of brushing her down. She trusts me more each day. I actually had the opportunity to clean her hooves. She just let me lean against her while I picked up her massive tree trunks for legs, submissive as a pup.

Yet, I understand why she misses you such. I haven’t felt the same without you. It’s as if a piece of me is missing. Like somewhere in Syliras, part of me still resides. It makes me ponder how the Windoak might feel.

I miss you dear Oriah, I hope this letter finds you, and finds you well.

Your squire,

Marrick Corvis

The Kelvic looked at the note one final time before folding it back up and sliding it into a small silver cylinder. The sheen of the metal caught his eyes in the candle light, and he looked at it thoughtfully. With an unconscious rub of his thumb against its rim he smiled, and sealed the cylinder with its cap. With a great ache of spurring bravery in his heart he gave the cylinder a symbolic kiss to seal it, and with a slow purposeful movement he stood and began to remove his clothes.

When at last he stood naked in the candle light he opened the window, and changed into the Raven. With a wide stretch of his wings he flapped and readjusted his feathers. With a wavering claw he clasped the now very large silver cylinder in his feet, and took flight, bearing the weight of his message for his dear Oriah.

Through his open window he flew, out onto the evenings skies of the moors and empty fields of Mithryn. ‘OI’m coming Oriah. OI’ll see yeh soon.”

OOC: Sequal A Gentle Rapping and Tapping
Marrick Corvis
Rest under my Wing

Words: 268368
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 12:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

[Mithryn] The Burden of Silver

Postby Radiant on April 12th, 2014, 4:57 am

Marrick :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Writing +1 XP
Literature +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Letter: A Form Of Literary Arts

Loots
+1 Lovely letter to Oriah

Notes :
Short, but sweet thread, Marrick. :D Enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)