Closed [Gug Andjak]A Judging of a Mage[Annalisa Marin]

Clyde's time for judgement has finally come, and he has a audience

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[Gug Andjak]A Judging of a Mage[Annalisa Marin]

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 27th, 2014, 2:03 pm

80 Winter 513

Just outside the lecture hall on the ground floor of the Gug Andjak:

Clyde was a bit nervous. He was confident in his crafting, confident in his ability as a mage, confident that he had what it took to be here on Sahova... But still he was nervous. After all, it took more than just being a good mage to make it on the isle of the undead. All he could hope for was that his judges would not objective, and see the true merit of his work, not allowing any more subjective non-related things interfere with his work.

It was odd for Clyde though, to understand that here on Sahova being alive was a liability, and a point against him in any contest to be judged. He would just need to more than make up for it in other ways.

Letting out a slow breath, Clyde held his newly crafted staff in his right hand. When he had first picked it up on this day, a slight tingle had gone up his arm. But it had long since stopped. He was fairly certain said tingle was vaguely Auristics related, perhaps the magical effusions of the staff was rubbing against the exterior of his own aura as he made physical contact, and that was what caused the sensation. Perhaps the tingle was his own Auristical abilities passive way of noticing the inherent power of the staff.

Or perhaps it was something else entirely.

Either way, Clyde was still somewhat nervous, but also simply wanted to get things over with and done. Soon enough he would be inside, then he would need to wait his turn, and then he would make his demonstration.

Not that he had much to do, since all he would really be capable of was detailing his work and the process, showing the staff, and assuming they had the magical ability to understand the item for what it was.

With that, Clyde stood on the precipice of entering the lecture hall, so he could wait to be judged.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on April 10th, 2014, 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Judging of a Mage[Annalisa Marin]

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 28th, 2014, 4:40 am

xImage
80th of Winter, 513 AV
Ground Floor of the Gug Andjak, Lecture Hall

The memories came rushing to Anna as she walked through the Courtyard on her way to the Gug Andjak, black silk robes billowing out around her. Her pace was brisk and she herself had opted to attempt to look her finest, the Judgment was quite an occasion after all and it required one to look their finest. Amaryllis had impressed the importance of appearances upon the tall woman, of looking her best in all situations as it displayed a measure of control. So she walked to her destination with her finest robes, her silver wizard ring gleaming prominently on her finger, long dark hair pulled up into a high ponytail. A gnarled staff was held in her right hand, its wood striking the ground with every step.

The tall woman mounted the stairs, remembering her steps taken along this path last season when she had succeeded in being taken in as Amaryllis’ apprentice. Her greatest accomplishment thus far next to being marked by Rhysol, already she could see others ranked in the Citadel filtering along the path. She had remembered the eyes upon her that day, when she had impressed those around her with her skill though she had destroyed a good bit of the wall. Mistress Tepest had been slight amused or annoyed if she had remembered correctly, while Master Markus had been rather bored by the whole thing.

The lecture hall was drawing closer and as it was the tall woman noted a familiar figure at the threshold, his hands wrapped around an elegant looking staff. The crimson scar over her heart resonated faintly at looking upon the fellow Chaon, the odd man and wizard known as Clyde Sullins. Part of the reason she was sitting in on the Judgment today was to witness the fruits of their labor and really, the judges would be fools to turn a mage of his caliber aside on the basis of him being alive. Anna would probably have a few words to say about that if it occurred. None of them particularly favorable.

On a personal level Clyde was a rather patronizing and arrogant individual, logical but Anna felt as though he felt his abilities made him better than even other wizards of comparable skill. The sorceress herself was rather arrogant, but her time upon Sahova had taught her some degree of restraint and when to simply bow her head and give difference to another wizard. As such Clyde showed himself to be rather easily used as wizards often used each other, something for something. Still, he was a fellow Chaon which afforded him some degree of leeway with the proud sorceress.

“Hail, Mr. Sullins. Pleasure to see you again, I trust you are preparing to head inside?” Anna inquired, striding up to him and giving him a once over glance as her eyes lingered upon the staff.

It certainly made the glorified walking stick in her right hand look like pitiful thing; however the tall sorceress was rather fond of the thing. She had pulled it out from the Void after all, even if it did nothing she had grown rather fond of the thing. No doubt that a staff was a proper status symbol as a wizard, magic or not it was fairly symbolic. Clyde’s staff was a Magic Staff however, an augment for personal magic and a very valuable tool.

“I’m certain the Judges will be impressed by your staff, Mr. Sullins. Just keep your display focused upon it practical purposes, Sahovans are rather pragmatic if you haven’t noticed. They like to know what something can be done for them.” The sorceress advised, smirking at him.

“In any event, I’ll see you inside. You’ll be fine; the Judges would be fools to turn a magesmith such as you aside.” Anna said quickly, giving him a quick pat on the shoulder before heading inside and finding a place to stand and watch the proceedings.

x
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 11th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Considering that Clyde was trying to make a good impression, he had for once decided to wear his good clothes. It was not something he did often, as he usually preferred to wear his common clothes to work in.

But instead today he was dressed in his velvet's: dark velvet pants and shirt, with a dark purple velvet vest/doublet type thing. Apparently when he had bought these in Ravok darker colors was the fashion, and so they were all of a dark hue.

Along with that was his leather belt with a buckle, and some simple leather shoes. He had considered wearing his silk robes, but he felt that since his other robes were Magecrafted, and he was doing a Magecrafting demonstration, it made more sense to wear them. Of course he wore them inside out with the grey side showing, not wanting to show off the Ebonstryfe symbol in the open.

But of course the main show today was the blue wooden staff in his right hand.

As he was about to pass through the door, Clyde felt a small "twinge" at his back, a awareness. Clyde turned to see no one less than Annalisa Marin herself, wizard of Sahova as she had so happily told him before. Here apparently to watch his judgement. Or perhaps she came to all the judgements, it was a bit much of him to think she had come just for him. But of course, she well may have done so...

“Hail, Mr. Sullins. Pleasure to see you again, I trust you are preparing to head inside?”

“Good to see you wizard Marin. Yes, I am preparing to enter.”

“I’m certain the Judges will be impressed by your staff, Mr. Sullins. Just keep your display focused upon it practical purposes, Sahovans are rather pragmatic if you haven’t noticed. They like to know what something can be done for them.”

Clyde nodded at Anna's words, simple enough advice. He was still unsure if he could trust the fellow Chaon, but so far she had done nothing to show that her goals were opposed to his own. If the two of them could better make strides within Sahova by working together, then they had no reason to combat. Even if quite often Chaon's did do just that... Hopefully no such opposition of ends would arise between them.

“Thank you for the advice, Wizard Marin, I will do just that.”

“In any event, I’ll see you inside. You’ll be fine; the Judges would be fools to turn a magesmith such as you aside.”

With that Anna was gone and inside. Clyde followed along soon after, trying to find a spot.

After that it was a wait for a time, a wait as other mages wishing to take their place on Sahova attempted to show their craft, to gain admittance properly.

Finally after a wait that seemed like eons, but which was likely more like chimes or bells, it was Clyde turn.

---

Now at the center before the judges, all eyes on him, Clyde stood before them ready to explain his work and his craft. Coughing once to clear his throat, Clyde began, holding the staff up high and before him for all to see.

“This is Cha, a true Magic Staff I Magecrafted here on Sahova.”

As he said this Clyde heard a small chuckle off to the right from amongst the watchers. He did not doubt it was due to the name. It was common enough amongst Magecrafters to name their work when it was of a decent level. And Clyde's staff in this case certainly merited a name.

But the reason for the chuckle was more than likely out of the sheer simplicity of the name. "Cha" was the ancient tongue word for blue. The staff was blue, the wood itself naturally appearing as such due to it being of vian wood, a tree of pale blue from the Konti Isle.

Clyde paused for a moment after hearing the chuckle, and then pressed on.

“The staff is of Vian Wood, a tree found only on Mura, the Konti Isle. It was then Izentor Crafted by a isur, and brought to its present state of appearance.”

Clyde did not mention the fact that the Isur in question had actually been only a half-Isur from Ravok, instead passing on from that. That he was Isur at all was good enough for his meaning.

“The enchantment laid upon it was 3 levels of structural enhancement to durability, along with a single step to make it a proper Magic Staff. I also used soulmist gifted from a ghost named Kouri. This should allow it to touch and interact with ghosts directly, as if it was infused with soulmist. This makes it a useful weapon in a pinch against ghosts and spirits.”

“Finally, as those of you who know of Magecrafting will realize, since it has three steps in a single trait, that of structural enhancement, I needed to use a reagent to stabilize it. In this case I used... Well, I do not know the exact term or name for the thing it came from. In my travels I faced a monster, a pale skinned creature with no mouth. I fought it to a standstill, and forced it to run. During this encounter I managed to acquire several cutting wire type bits of its living body. I used one of these filaments as the reagent to stabilize the staff.”

Pausing for a moment, Clyde looked about at those watching, and then back to the judges. He took a moment to let out a breath, and then to take in a new one, before finishing off his speech.

“This Magic Staff is now my final product. Nigh indestructible by mundane means, able to strike a ghost, and able to channel and direct the personal magic of a mage who uses it as if it was an extension of their body. This is my creation for my judgement.”

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 13th, 2014, 7:44 pm

xImage
Anna had taken her place among the crowd, settling back against a wall with a good view being granted to the Nuit judges and Clyde himself. The other Chaon strode up and introduced his item that had been created; Anna herself smirked at the name of the staff. Cha… appropriate really in the tall woman’s opinion, though a chuckle did come from the crowd at it. The sorceress didn’t say anything about it, simple kept her eyes upon both the Judges and Clyde. She wasn’t worried about their not seeing his skill; however his association with her did worry her ever so slightly.

The sorceress had enemies naturally, some powerful and others less so and in her mind it could be some political maneuvering from Silverheart could damn Clyde here. The Sub-Human was likely not fond of the idea of her gaining a potential ally that shared his craft, if he even knew about it. It was a slightly irrational worry, however warranted to some minor degree as he held a great deal of sway. The sorceress was however very confident in Clyde’s talents being able to carry him through this, this Cha he had created would certainly be a marvel no doubt about it. One the Judges would have to recognize.

However what Anna had not expected during that explanation was that Clyde had obtained soulmist from her adoptive daughter, Fubuki Kouri, for the staff’s construction. Grey eyes narrowed slightly as she pondered this simple fact and was rather irritated by it, a flare of possessiveness rising to be quickly stamped out. Her daughter used her best judgment; if she had given a piece of herself to Clyde she had done it for some personal gain no doubt. Still the sorceress intended to have words with Kouri regarding this, ones that involved a little annoyance and defining the word ‘negotiation’.

Anna stroked her chin slightly in interest of Clyde’s tale regarding his encounter with some strange monster, pondering what it could be for a moment before mentally shrugging. It sounded powerful, very powerful no doubt however compared to what was on Sahova Anna doubted the dangers matched those of the island. If it had been powerful enough to assist Clyde in his magecrafting though… that was an interesting proposition. Perhaps she might need to look into this beast, see if she couldn’t find out anything regarding it based on description alone.

As Clyde finished, Anna’s gaze flicked to the Judges and regarded each one in their turn as she attempted to gauge their reaction. Personally she considered the feat of Clyde’s creation alone worthy of entrance to Sahova, and since pragmatism was rampant upon the island she suspected that purely based on skill he was worthy of entrance. Anna did not doubt the Judges would agree to that same idea, in fact she allowed herself to relax as worry fled from her. Clyde had provided the explanation of a powerful item, one of his own making and surely the Nuit could see the worth in that.

x
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on April 16th, 2014, 1:46 pm

e
Before Clyde sat 5 judges, all nuit save for the last one on the right side. Starting from Clyde's left there a Symenestra male, well dressed with a ring of gold upon his finger. He idly stroked his chin as he examined the staff and listened to the explanation. Next was an Isur woman, who was missing an arm, followed by a human male with eyes wide and staring. Next came a large male, who appeared human, though there were some patches of scales along his neck and cheeks. His eyes were vertical slits, and on his finger there was a Golden ring, though its symbol was not visible. Finally on the very end was the only clearly living person, a small woman who Annalisa would not have seen before, but on her finger was a ring that looked like it was crafted from ruby and emeralds that flowed around her index finger and stretched back over her knuckle.

Once Clyde's speech was over the man with slitted pupils would motion to Clyde, speaking in a deep voice, his accent thick and from somewhere far to the west, "Come. Bring the staff so that we can observe it closer." When Clyde did, the man would extend his hand for the staff, his expression brokering no argument. He would then take the staff and lay it on the table before the judges. The man with wide eyes leaned over the piece, murmuring under his breath and biting his lip. The large judge ran a finger over the wood, humming some tune softly under his breath as he examined the work. The whole examination by each of the judges took several chimes, but eventually the item was handed back to Clyde. All of the judges had examined the staff itself, all but one. The living girl on the end sat with her legs crossed, arms folded over her chest as she tossed her head, flicking long auburn hair streaked with white over one shoulder as she looked at Clyde, "Alright, we see its a real staff. Now show us your mastery of it."

e
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 18th, 2014, 8:08 pm

As Clyde finished his presentation, he looked at the various judges arrayed before him. All where clearly undead, save one. That clearly said something about the isle. But then, it also said it was possible for the living if skilled to progress on the isle.

But clearly not many of them. And just because she was a living being did not mean she would be any easier on Clyde.

One of the nuits asked Clyde to bring over the staff, and he did, so that they could get a closer look. He almost did not want to hand over the staff, having put some much energy into its creation over the years... But he did, and watched as the man took it and set it before the judges to gaze upon.

There was a wait of several chimes as the judges each inspected the staff in their own way, several of them making sounds and something that could have been a chant of some kind, indicating they might be using magic of some kind to inspect the item. Auristics seemed the most likely, but then he knew how long that often took to truly understand an item.

Finally they were done, and the staff was returned to Clyde.

Next he expected some form of judgement to be put forth, to say if they accepted it or not. He was disappointed when another question was asked instead.

"Alright, we see its a real staff. Now show us your mastery of it."

Clyde paused for a moment, looking back at the living woman, confused.

“My... My mastery of it?”

Clyde was not quite sure what she meant. He had crafted it, did she want him to prove in some way that he had done so? How could he do that? Or did she mean for him to use the staff, as was possible?

Clyde however had not gotten that far in regards to the staff. He had not completed it that long ago, had not had very much time with it, let alone been able to master all of its abilities and intricacies. For her to ask this of him, if it was what she meant... Clyde was not sure what to do in this situation.

“I am not quite sure what it is you ask of me. Bear in mind, I only completed Cha's enchantment a short time ago. I have not had much time to work out all of its mechanism's and such. I do not doubt that will come in time but... At the moment, that is beyond me.”

Clyde paused for a moment, forcing himself to look the woman back in the eyes, and to not show fear. But neither did he show anger at her. That could be just as bad as showing fear.

“With that in mind... I am not exactly sure what it is you are wanting me to do.”

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 18th, 2014, 8:51 pm

xImage
Anna recognized two of the Judges almost immediately as both were rather distinctive to her, both having sat in on her examination to increase in rank to Wizard. Tepest and Markus, Tepest being firmly in Amaryllis’ pocket while Markus was technically a more advanced scholar in her field. A powerful Reimancer and Glypher and the one responsible for crafting Glyphed traps, though Anna had not gotten a true gauge of his abilities yet. The others were not immediately recognizable though were likely Masters in their own rights, her eyes did briefly flit over a pulser woman there for a few ticks in confusion before writing her off as an oddity at the moment.

Clyde was asked to present the Judges with his staff and Anna simply waited and watched the whole process, grey eyes settling over the Nuit and the single pulser. She did not recognize the ring upon her finger though it reminded her of Amaryllis’ to a degree, wrought of gemstones as it was. The sorceress calmed herself, knowing full well that good things came to those who possessed some degree of patience. She was advancing well enough in her craft and soon would add Voiding to the jewels of magic in her proverbial crown. Then it would just be a matter of political workings to sit where those fools did now.

The tall woman leaned a bit on the rough piece of wood in the shape of a staff, the feeling of the staff reminding her of the Void for a moment. It was no great magical staff like Clyde’s own but she had bloody well nearly died to get the thing, it was only natural to form some kind of attachment. Grey eyes flicked back to Clyde, watching him for a bit of composure as who knew what the picky undead could decide what would make a good wizard or not now days.

Then came the request from the smaller red haired human, drawing the tall woman’s gaze immediately and a slight narrowing of her eyes. Mastery? Anna was not exactly familiar with what that meant, Magecrafting not exactly being one of her strongest magics. However that hardly seemed relevant to the fact that they had been given a finished product, what did it matter whether Clyde had mastery or not? The sorceress kept her tongue firmly in her mouth and looked to Clyde to see his response, hoping very much that he could handle himself.

She barely suppressed a groan at the explanation he gave, shaking her head slightly at the words leaving his mouth. Logical though it was the sorceress doubted very much that was going to earn him any points with the Judges, in fact it could very well harm his odds. Her firsthand experience with not choosing her words very carefully had nearly ended very poorly, as well as generated fallout she had only recently been able to bring to heel. Still perhaps the explanation would be enough, it was an impressive piece of craftsmanship after all… right?

The Chaon merely kept her eyes switching between her fellow and the Judges themselves, locking her jaw and waiting for the outcome of this situation. She was still banking upon Clyde passing his Judgment, but now it was a less sure thing in her mind than it had been before. Then again, nothing on Sahova was a sure thing in regards to anything and that went doubly so for Judgments. The disciple of Rhysol very much wanted this other mage to pass, though wishes were not often made so or they were twisted in rather unpleasant ways as she had learned. Fortunately, his failure would not negatively impact her either as he was still a no one in Sahova.

x
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on April 20th, 2014, 8:42 pm

The judges all looked a bit dumbfounded at Clyde's answer. Had he really confessed not knowing something so basic and simple? The Isur woman hid her lips behind her one remaining hand as she looked away with amusement. The large man with slitted pupils would grunt and look sideways at his fellow judges, "He doesn't even realize what he has created. A waste of materials, time and effort to create a staff and then to not be able to use it at all. This boy is a waste of our time."

The Symenestra steepled his fingers, and nodded slowly in agreement, "If he has not even mastered something he created with his own hands he is either ignorant or foolish to step before this panel so unprepared. I cast my vote that he be denied entry into the Citadel and its secrets. They would be wasted on him."

"I second that motion." the human male at the end said, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms, clearly already losing interest in the entire subject.

The woman at the end, the only living soul at the table looked at Clyde then and raised an eyebrow before suddenly bursting into giggling laughter that caused her to double over in mirth. This won her a stare from her colleges, as well as from the audience around, but finally after a few ticks she regained her composure, wiping a tear from her eye and straightening. She was still chuckling somewhat as she spoke her own peace, "I like him. He does not waste time brandishing words but says things simply how they are." She snorted, closing her eyes and looking a way a moment before shaking her had and standing with a laugh, "I will take the idiot on myself. At the very least he will prove entertaining."

"Then the burden is yours Master Jenkins. See to it you cure the boy of his ignorance." Slit eyes said, already looking at the papers of the next potential apprentice.

"Yes yes." Jenkins said, waving a dismissive hand before walking around the table and stepping down off the raised platform, "I will trust you four to handle the rest on your own. I have more important matters to attend to now." As she walked by Clyde she crooked a finger and smiled, "Come along my dense apprentice. We have much to discuss." and she made her way out of the Judgement hall and into the common labs themselves.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 20th, 2014, 10:09 pm

When the judges did respond, it was once more in a way Clyde did not expect, and once more in a way that said they did not favor his work.

"He doesn't even realize what he has created. A waste of materials, time and effort to create a staff and then to not be able to use it at all. This boy is a waste of our time."

This of course, confused Clyde. Was he not here to show what his skills in crafting were? Was he not here to show his work, what his work had begot, and what he could do as a Magecrafter? By their words most would assume otherwise. Clearly they were judging him on something that had nothing to do with his actual work as a Magecrafter, nothing to do with his skill in that craft.

Clyde of course had not said he could not use the staff at all, had not said he did not understand it. He did understand it, or at least he felt he had. But it had been rather soon since he had finished it. Surely they did not expect him to totally master his creation and its uses in personal magic before coming? Clyde was unsure how long such things took, but he assumed that if he had done so it would have meant a wait of several more seasons.

And in his mind such a wait was foolish, for testing him in his control of the staff had nothing to do with his ability to create it.

Before he even had a chance to speak they seemed content to carry on without him and finish things, finish them not in his favor. As he began to fill with ire at these mages, these mages who looked at him and did not see him at all, Clyde tried to prepare a retort, a reply, something.

"If he has not even mastered something he created with his own hands he is either ignorant or foolish to step before this panel so unprepared. I cast my vote that he be denied entry into the Citadel and its secrets. They would be wasted on him."

"I second that motion."

Just as he was about to interrupt, to say something, something before they finalized their decision to ignore him and his ability, a laughter rang out from amongst the judges.

"I like him. He does not waste time brandishing words but says things simply how they are. I will take the idiot on myself. At the very least he will prove entertaining."

Once more Clyde was stunned, but for a good reason. Yes she had called him an idiot, but she had also accepted him and his work, and was willing to take him on as a apprentice.

"Then the burden is yours Master Jenkins. See to it you cure the boy of his ignorance."

"Yes yes. I will trust you four to handle the rest on your own. I have more important matters to attend to now. Come along my dense apprentice. We have much to discuss."

Almost without thinking, Clyde responded with a “Yes Master Jenkins.” and then scurried on after her, Cha in hand.

Though a question was still ringing in his head as he followed after her. What had he created that he did not understand, as the first judge had said? He thought he understood what he had made... But by his words it seemed there was more to his craft than what he had described to the judges. Had he truly made something beyond his own ken?

And if so, did that not mean he was all the better a Magecrafter for it if he could make something without realizing it?

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 21st, 2014, 12:32 am

xImage
Anna let out a minor hiss of displeasure at the expressions of the Judges, turning her gaze from Clyde and already pondering and calculating. The words that came after were certainly not favorable and the tall sorceress was quickly finding that the other Chaon had the odds stacked against him, considering that he had denied knowing a simple function of his item. He should have lied, or faked it as much as he possibly could. Instead he had done the exact wrong thing, admitted to ignorance and now he was going to pay for it unfortunately as his ability to pass flickered away ever so slowly.

Then Markus spoke and the sorceress flinched, knowing full well that the young mage’s chances of passing his judgment went from slim to none now. After the motion was seconded the tall woman was already pondering if she should do something to try and assist him, she did hold the rank of Wizard after all. However taking in one disgraced at their Judgment would probably carry a stigma all its own, while Anna did like Clyde she was far from willing to stick her neck out for him like that. So she kept her silence and watched the scene unfold.

Laughter came from the panel and the living woman was doubled over in mirth, which drew a quirk of the sorceress’ brow. Those brows shot up when Clyde apparently earned a reprieve and a Master in one fell swoop, drawing a smirk from the sorceress at his good fortune. Master Jenkins, the tall woman filed it away for future investigation and information gathering. No doubt Amaryllis would know something of Clyde’s new benefactor and the more Anna knew, the better off she would be. Having the Embalmer as her patron was an extremely useful thing.

The new Apprentice followed after the Pulser Master and Anna simply shrugged it off and leaned back against the wall as she intended to observe the rest of the performances. Judgments were always an interesting affair and useful for seeing whom would be the next Wizards to rise in the Citadel, or who would simply spend their days toiling away as an Apprentice. Whatever the case would be the tall woman intended to know who was who quickly enough, it paid to know people or of people for later dates. All part of branching out on her own, striking out for her own abilities.

OOCShort post but I figure it should be my last one here, congrats on the Apprenticeship Clyde! :)

x
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes