Completed [Temple of All Gods]Swearing Fealty Redux [Solo]

Ball swears his loyalty to Sylir

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Temple of All Gods]Swearing Fealty Redux [Solo]

Postby Ball on February 28th, 2014, 2:46 pm

90th of Winter 513AV

Ball found himself once again standing at the door of the Temple of All Gods. It has been a little while since Ball had found himself here, staring at these mammoth wooden doors that stood open. Taking in a deep breathe he paused for a second longer before lowering himself from Imass. Motioning for the dog to settle down beside the door the clay squire strolled into the temple. If he had eyes they would be swiveling around taking in the alabaster walls and gold leafed icons, seeing as he didn’t have eyes visible he was just… Taking the scene in. The altar at front had a motif of trees and leaves on it. That was where he was heading, to the altar of Sylir.

His small legs took him fairly quickly across the floor, between the two rows of massive pews before stopping before the altar. The sheer size of it, draped with an altar cloth of beautiful woven imagery of leaves and swords. Ball could smell the incenses burning and wafting above, they smelled of pine and… Ball could be seen ‘sniffing’ again… Do I smell a hint of cinnamon? I must. It was a pleasant and woodsy smell that Ball found he could enjoy. It was far better than the sweat of grown men and boys in armour. Finally the pycon squire took to kneeling before the altar, hands placed flat on the ground before him Ball found himself leaning forward, head placed on the tops of his hands.

No one could question it, Ball was in a prone position of prayer, his body quivered silently as he tried to focus his mind to the task at hand. He wanted to commune with the God with whom the altar before him was dedicated to. To do that Ball needed to allow his mind to relax, his body to still… And his intentions pure to the God’s pathway.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on March 19th, 2014, 2:46 pm

OOC :
Any thoughts/comments made in this color are from Ball’s mind, they are Imass the Knight 'speaking'.

The color code: #FFFF80

Ball took inhaled deeply, the hint of cinnamon infused pine incense filling every small opening in his clay being completely. The warmth of the incense produced a relaxing and calming feel, it felt right to be before this altar. Calming… Peaceful. Yes, Ball felt at peace. Peace… Sylir… Peace… Before the ever-flowing tides of evil. Ball exhaled, his clayness having become scented heavily with the incenses.

Peace… At peace… Ball’s mind focused on the word ‘peace’ even though it was a singular word of the meaning of his patron god, the pycon was intent on it. This was the Temple of All Gods, it was a premier example of the peace amongst the gods. Syliras, the Rock-Beast, was a premier example of as close to a civilization that Sylir could ask for. Sadly, Ball’s mind was wandering. He yanked it back to focus. Peace… At peace. Clearing one’s mind was not a task made easy. Focusing on the task at hand was hard to handle too, the world was a loud din of noise.

Petching shyke. Relax and focus… FOCUS! Ball was mentally angry with his inability to focus…

"You can do it Ball!" … The words echoed from seasons past, words flowing from his memories conjured his mental eye to bring forth the man that spoke them. Muscular… Blue… Akalak. Liege Lord. Ball knew the man well enough, he was a man of honor, justice, peace. A knight. "Focus Ball. You can do it!" The man’s words were enthusiastic, they were compelling…

They were a figment of his imagination. His mind faltered and Ball found himself stiff. Sitting up an air bubble popped loudly from somewhere within and Ball cringed at the sound. Standing completely Ball looked up at the altar once more, he couldn’t see the top of it and felt it he would do better communing if he saw what was atop the holy object.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 8th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Climbing the altar cloth was a sacrilegious thing to perform, but Ball had no other way to get himself up to the top. Yet once there the Pycon was disappointed, before him sat a small squat candle burning dully with an incense billowing its scented smoke into the air. The cinnamon and pine smell was strong right before the setup before the small squire. Gracing the wall just behind the altar was a large tapestry. A dark blue field adorned with a beautifully woven motif of swords and broad-fanned oak leaves along the border, the center was a huge tree, stylized to appear like it was glowing.

“The tree is a symbol of Sylir there young one.” Ball turned, his gaze fell upon a member of the clergy here in the temple. A young man going slowly but surely into being an old man, stood between him and the door. Behind the man and out the door Ball could see the tree that was supposed to be stylized on the tapestry behind the altar. Ah, so that is Sylir… Well, a symbol of him… The sacred tree blocked off from his currently by guards and arrows and walls and hundreds upon thousands of stairs and stone to travel.

The clergyman held out his hand to Ball, “Come come. We shall sit at a pew while I take the time to speak the tales and knowledge of the God of Peace and Civilization. It is a story that starts several hundreds of years past.” The pycon squire stepped gingerly onto the man’s hand, “Oh well I’ll be, you are a heavy man of the earth aren’t you?” Ball nodded curtly, he waved a hand at the man. “Stow.Ery.” [‘Story.’] Patience was not a virtue Ball had in large sums. Sitting down in the first pew so Ball could still see the tapestry and the icons bestowed to the god via man.

Clearing his throat the clergyman smiled, “Ah yes. The story of Sylir, but yet one must know the story of the Valterrian as well, and that is where I shall start…” The man cleared his throat once more, “As mentioned, the story begins hundreds of years passed. A time when the world needed stability.” He paused for the dramatics and then went on.

“There once was a young lady, and her name was Kova. Kova married a man she did not love. It was a marriage to end a long and bloody war. And so it did. Yet upon the night after their vows, her husband, an emperor by the name of Galifer Odalah, found she was not pure of body. She had been with another prior to him.”

Ball had no grasp of what the man spoke of, yet he knew of the concept he spoke of. This Queen Kova had lain with a man prior to her new husband to end a war. Okay, that doesn’t seem at all relevant to the gods or a tree…

The clergyman continued on, there was no need for Ball to pause the man’s story as thoughts were processed and casted away faster than the man’s spoken word, “Now this angered Odalah very much and in his anger casted a verdict to make an example of the young Queen. So at daybreak he had taken his newly wed of a wife and had her sentenced to death. In an act of anger a single man brought the horror known as the Valterrian down upon the very heads of mortal man. For the Queen never laid with another mortal, she bedded a god, a token of knowledge Odalah never knew.”

Ball held up his hand to pause the man’s talking. Wait… So the queen bedded a man prior to her being wed… That man was in fact a god. Angered and enraged it seems, the emperor has his wife, the queen… Killed.

After Ball had finished his mental recap he waved his hand and allowed the clergyman to continue his retelling. “The god, Ivak, sought retribution against the emperor and in his actions re-shaped the world as we know it. It also rocked the Ukalas as gods pitted themselves against gods and the world below them shuttered and groaned. Mortals hide in attempts to survive, yet many still died. The war amongst gods reshaped the world, yet during their fighting our beloved god of Peace and Civilization perished…”

He paused and Ball stared at the tree beyond the doorway, the tree was just a simple, wasn’t it? Our god died in a war that ravaged our lands because of a foolish emperor’s lack of knowledge! He never asked, he never sought to find the knowledge. He just slayed his wife out of rage! Fool!

“Legends and tales told to children say that the Windoak, the very symbol of our civilization, is actually a part of our beloved Sylir. Those are legends and tales though. I am afraid the only ones that may know the whole truth are the gods themselves.”

Ball frowned, his gaze never leaving the tree, Legends and tales…

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 8th, 2014, 6:36 pm

The pycon squire was stumped, there wasn’t much more the clergyman could speak of concerning Sylir the God beyond what he gathered thus far. The god was of peace and civilization, the very foundation of the Rock-Beast’s foundation as well as the founding the order. Ball nodded in response to the man’s talking before he hopped down from the man’s arm to the pew and then from the pew to the floor. “Gah.Ud.Da. Day.” [‘Good day.’]

Ball smiled and bowed before the holy man before he turned to the altar and knelt before it once again. Sylir. God of Peace and Civilization. I swear to you my body, my soul, and my knowledge to your cause. I swear to protect the men, women, child, and beasts of the Rock-Beast forevermore until my days end and I can no longer take up your banner. Rising from his prayers the pycon turned and started up the center aisle back towards the door, the Windoak in the horizon, and Imass his faithful furry mount.

Once to his dog the pycon sighed and mounted Imass before heading off to his next destination… The Dorms for some rest or training…

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on April 16th, 2014, 5:12 am

Ball :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Meditation +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Lore Of The Valterrian
Lore of Religion: Sylir
Ivak: Bringer Of Valterrian
Windoak: Symbol Of Sylir
Self: An Oath To Sylir

Loots
+2 Shield Points

Notes :
What an epic religious thread, Ball! Now go, Oh Pycon Knight-to-be! Go and do Justice!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)