Completed [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Messer And Raigner (Letixia)

Teaching a squire isn't as daunting as it looks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Messer And Raigner (Letixia)

Postby Rachel Messer on March 4th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Anthonius Fighter's Pit, 8th of Bell, 4th of Spring 514 A.V

It was morning in the open-air Fighter's Pit. Syna was shining comfortably in the sky, gracing the Fortress City, or at least the area not covered by sturdy stone ceilings, with her warm embrace. Morwen's reign on Mizahar had passed and now, it was time for Tavasi to walkabout. What remained of the Winter snow was gradually melting away and, as always, the enthusiastic combatants in the Fighter's Pit already began their business. Under the watchful eye of Gerard Anthonius, the Fighter's Pit hosted a number of instructors, students, and aspiring fighters from all around Syliras. One of these instructors were a blond human female named 'Rachel Messer'.

"Ah, Spring," Rachel sighed in relaxation as she put down her backpack near her usual mentoring spot, stretching her muscles to prepare for the long day ahead. The Spring air was more welcome than the cold touch of Winter, the woman inhaled air as she stretched her stomach, then slowly exhaled. After her little warm-up session was done, Rachel immediately began to work, she checked a weapon rack, filled with all manners of weapons, they were real weapons made out of steel, but their edges had been blunted, making it safer for mock matches, but still must be treated with caution. The human retrieved a blunted longsword then gripped the handle with both of her hands as she walked to a training dummy near her, she gave the sword a few light practice swings, just testing if it was still usable. Fortunately, it was, just one more thing to do and she would be ready for her day.

The woman put the longsword's tip towards the ground as her hands rested on its hilt, then she tilted down her head while closing her eyes, My Goddess, I pray to you, please bless me and my students today. Everything I do is for your name, my most precious friend, I thank you for always watching over me... She gave a prayer to her patron deity, the Goddess of Hope, Priskil. The human opened her eyes as she observed the pit with eager eyes, waiting to see if any aspiring students would show up. Jon would most likely be the first student to arrive, seeing how eager the boy was to train with his favorite instructor, or it would be Kreig instead, her brother was always the interesting sort, or perhaps... it would be a new face? So many possibilities.

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 5th, 2014, 4:22 am

As usual, Leti awoke shortly before the sixth bell chimed. She rinsed off her face, relieved herself, and put on clothes. She grabbed her sheathed sword and her sword, and made her way to the common area of her suite. No one else was in there yet, and she grabbed a pack that they kept in there. She pulled a clean rag out of it and set it on the table next to her. She then pulled her sword from its sheathe, smiling, began her daily ritual. She held the sword up close to her eye, checking the edges for nicks. The line ran smooth, and it didn't appear to need sharpening. Turning it on its face, searching for any cracks. Her fingers ran smoothly, slowly over the dull surface, feeling her blade. She didn't find anything out of place and smiled. Grabbing the rag, she began wiping it down, to remove any dust or dirt that might've accumulated.

A door opened, and one of the boys entered, looking quite groggy, rubbing at his eyes. "Of course you're awake this early." He sat down across from her at the table, rubbing at his arms. Leti looked up from her cleaning and could see a mass of welts and bruises on his arms. "Rough day yesterday?" He laughed, "You could say so, I went and checked out that guy's fighter's pit, on a whim. I figured I could get some easy beatings on people who didn't know how to handle a sword. I've never been so wrong. Learned a lot though." Leti pulled a skin of oil out of the pack and began applying it to her blade, to help prevent rust. She chuckled politely, "Well, I'd hope so, if you had any more bruises, someone might confuse you for an Akalak."

He went back to his own room and grabbed his own short sword and buckler, and began cleaning them along side her. She was mulling over what he'd told her, and something her patron often said floated up into her mind. "Always keep learning, this will make you smarter, and the smarter fighter will win more often than not." Squires typically trained in the controlled environment provided by the Knights, but maybe a change once in the while wouldn't be so bad. It couldn't hurt to learn right?

After having finished cleaning her sword and shield, eating a small breakfast, Leti made her way to the Anthonius Fighter's Pits. Syna was smiling upon her city, and Leti made sure to enjoy it. She knew she'd be sweating like a dog under her full armor, but she was told to always train in it, to get used to it. She entered the grounds and saw several people already hard at work. She couldn't quite tell where to begin though. Do you just challenge anyone who looked available? She continued glancing around the grounds, looking a bit lost.

Letixia Raigner
Player

Words: 92660
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2014, 7:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rachel Messer on March 5th, 2014, 6:11 pm

The instructor kept observing the Pits, seeking for any potential students. She didn't have to wait for her regular students to come, she was actively seeking for them as well. Her main mission was to train Sylirans how to defend themselves from evil and corruption, bandits being the most obvious answer, but some students studied under her in hope of joining the Order someday, it was a commendable goal and one Rachel would fully support.

Hmmm... I should train on using my crossbow and perhaps, buy a horse. Knights were truly versatile warriors, they could use swords, bows, shields, and rode war horses. The instructor was only confident in her longsword skill, she needed to train in the others. On her left arm was strapped a steel buckler, a kind of small shield that allowed her to defend herself and use two-handed grips on her sword at the same time. She was still learning on how to properly use the buckler however as the instructor mostly parried her foe's strikes, having competency in shield should boost her defensive capability.

Her thoughts were broken as her green eyes found an interesting figure, a female knight in full armor. It was not often a knight would come to the Pits as they usually trained somewhere else, Rachel wasn't sure why, but she assumed the Order had some kind of private training grounds. She could only imagine the plethora of top-quality weapons being used there. The female knight - she assumed the woman was a knight due to the armor - looked confused for some reason, the instructor greatly respected the Order so this prompted her to walk forward and respectfully approached the knight, "Excuse me, Sera."

The woman was about Rachel's height, perhaps slightly taller with long wavy hair and brown eyes with a greenish hue to it and with her wearing the famous plate armor, she looked fitting for the part. Rachel coughed to clear her throat as she smiled at the knight, "Welcome to the Fighter's Pit, I'm Rachel Messer, a combat instructor, how may I assist you today?" She didn't know what the knight's business was, but she would do all in her power to help her.

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 9th, 2014, 4:06 am

A blonde woman, roughly about Leti's height had approached her, and mistakenly addressed her as a Knight, a first for the squire. She immediately blushed at the thought, "My pleasure to meet you Rachel Messer. Apologies for the confusion, but I'm not a Knight, not yet. I'm Letixia Raigner, squire to Ser Ranqor Grayne." Leti was beginning to feel a bit foolish in all this armor, seeing as nearly everyone there had next to none. Of course they didn't, armor was incredibly expensive, and not everyone was blessed to be in the Order.

She assumed it would be strange for one of the Order to come here, so she kept her desire upfront and straightforward. "A friend of mine, a fellow squire, was here the other day on a whim. He received quite a beating, but said that he'd learned quite a lot from here. I'm interested in receiving the combat training you offer here. As Ser Ranqor would say, trying something new is bound to teach you something." She immediately regretted that last little quip. She thought it would make her seem immature, with no mind of her own.

She continued, "I don't know much about this training area. Do I need to remove my armor? We aren't often allowed to train without it, so it was habit to bring it. How much is the training?" She immediately cut herself off, realizing that she was rambling. Blushing, "I've forgotten my manners. Instructor Messer, will you train me?"

Letixia Raigner
Player

Words: 92660
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2014, 7:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Xira Hezmek on April 10th, 2014, 6:46 am

Rachel Messer :
Skills Amount
Weapon: Longsword +1
Observation +1

Lore

Additional Comments: So I gave you what I could, there just wasn't much to give. I hope this helps though!

Please edit your post in the grade request thread to say "graded". Did I forget a lore or skill? Did I make a mistake? Any questions or concerns feel free to PM me :)
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)