Completed [The Great Bazaar] Got Clay? (Ball)

82nd Spring 514 A.V Prompt. A mysterious merchant comes to Syliras selling bath salts and lotions that are supposed to make one's skin younger and more healthy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] Got Clay? (Ball)

Postby Radiant on March 15th, 2014, 4:28 am

The Great Bazaar, 7th of Bell, 82nd of Spring 514 A.V

The Great Bazaar was as busy as ever, even in this early morning, merchants had already opened their stalls, prepared for the busy day to come. Early riser customers, mostly mothers and wives shopping for essential supplies such as food were frolicking here and there, searching for the cheapest price for the freshest vegetables and meat. All in all, it was a rather normal day in the Fortress City of Peace's largest concentration of merchants.

Almost normal, for if one looked closely near a rather secluded corner of the bazaar, a figure was sitting on a mat, the human male didn't look like a merchant, not at all, with his short stubble beard, dark hair, gray eyes, but his mannerism said otherwise, he kept calling for anyone who passed before him, offering his wares that he put right in front of him, bathing salts and lotions. The various bathing supplies were neatly organized together, their content slightly pink in color, both the salts and the lotions, like all good merchants, he advertised his wares.

"Cheap bathing salts and lotions, guaranteed to make your skin look younger and healthier, just for two gold mizas per item, you can look younger!" He would repeat this sentence, adding slight alterations, but it seemed, no one was interested in his wares... yet. Who shall be his first customer of the day?

OOCAlright! Feel free to take the plot's direction on your own, if you have any questions, PM me. ;) Have fun!
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ball on March 18th, 2014, 3:25 pm

82nd of Spring 514AV

Ball was spending his first full day back from the Outpost in the Bazaar, relaxing and ‘shopping’. The work he put himself into at the Outpost was not only satisfying it was amazing to see how much difference a small change in scenery could do for the Pycon. Imass was enjoying the steady stroll as well, the smells were amazing to the fluffy dog. Ball though had to pause at the man selling his pink-coloured wares. Bath salts and lotions eh? He thought about it, he was in need of a relaxing bath after the almost entire season of Outpost washings and training.

“I. Wuh.Eel. Bu.Ya. Low.Shun. An.Da. Sah.Alts. Too. Mee.Zas. Ea.Ch.Ah? No. Won. Mee.Za. Ea.Ch.Ah.” [‘I will buy lotion and salts. Two mizas? No, one miza each.’] Ball knew he wasn’t expecting the man to sell them at half price, but he wasn’t going to pay four dollars for mysteriously coloured wares. If he got lucky, he would get what he wanted and be grateful for it. Sadly, Ball wasn’t wearing his uniform at this point in time. Otherwise the squire was sure he could confiscate some in the name of the Order… Some perks. He waited for the man, he could tell no expression change, after all Ball stood three inches tall, he wasn’t exactly the type of person one would expect to purchase beautification materials.

Ball studied the bottles at a closer look before sliding from his trust mount and strolling up to a few of them. The contains were indeed pink, but Ball had no clue how such a colour could occur without some sort of magic. Maybe they will turn me pink? Or maybe they work as advertised…I doubt highly, but I am curious… What is the worst that could happen? He nodded,

“Yuh. Es. Sa. Won. Mee.Za. Ea.Ch.Ah.” [‘Yes, one miza each.’]

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 3rd, 2014, 5:52 pm

The merchant laughed, of course he would, one miza for two products was a bit low… Far lower than he would even bother selling his products for. “Hah! Funny little man. I won’t drop it below 4 mizas, two apiece.” Ball’s mouth set itself as a scowl, this man was trying to swindle a member of the Order! Shaking his head a bit Ball once more looked at the man. “Too.An.ya.Fo.Wah.Sul.Ver.” [‘Two and four silver.’] There was a pause in the bartering process, it always seemed that others had to take time to process Ball’s speech.

“Well you drive a hard bargain little man. Tell ya what. I will make a deal for ya, three mizas.” The crook of a merchant held three fingers up, passerbys looked over their shoulder at the ongoing haggling, snorting and muttering phrases like ‘addlebrained pycon’ and ‘clay for brains’. The squire, having to squash his anger at their words – Sworn to protect them… —Instead the pycon turned his attention to the man before him. “Fuh.On.” [‘Fine.’] He grumbled and immediately hacked up the three gold pieces he was asked of. Before they even hit the rug that the merchant’s wares were set upon did the coins disappear into the merchant’s hand. Cunning shyke.

A nod from the man and Ball was given a bottle of lotion and a small jar of salts. The jar held just enough for one bathing, enough the small Pycon figured to test and relax in, however he had a feeling he would no longer want any of the pink concoctions after this day. The lotion was also a one-time use item. The contents, the merchant swore to the gods, to make the user appear most beautiful and glamorous before all, even the gods. Yeah and I will be forty feet tall with three heads, four arms, and a hunger for human babies.

Ball took his wares, feeling oddly swindled but did it without another word… He did purchase them after all, a man of honor and his word Ball was becoming after all. Climbing back onto the back of his trusty dog the squire turned towards the Soothing Waters, time to test his products… And at the very least he planned on having a nice soak in the waters… Soothing Waters indeed. A small smile graced the pycon’s face as mount and rider left the bazaar.

OOCRemoved from ledger: 3 GM for pink cosmetics

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 3rd, 2014, 7:55 pm

One Bell Later….

Ball found himself at the Soothing Waters, standing at the edge of a private pool rimmed in marble and stone, the waters within were steam and warm. The jar of salts sat next to the squire, uncapped and on the edge of the waters. The soft smell of lavender wafted from the crystals and Ball nodded to himself, Good relaxation smell. Yet glancing at the crystals the squire knew they should’ve had a purplish tinge to them, not pink… But alas, this meant little to the squire at this moment. The warm steam was making him sticky and tense. Taking a hold of the lip of the jar he took a deep breath before tipping the jar’s contents into the swirling steam bath before him.

As the salts connected with the water they swirled and dissolved, the steam took on the hefty scent of the salts and the pycon left the jar laying on its side as the clayman himself slipped into the depths… Luckily there was a small shelf on this one so he could rest there and not find himself sinking to the bottom of the pool… That just wouldn’t do for him, swimming was not his strong suit. Taking a sigh of relief the pycon allowed his body to soak in the water and salts, unbeknownst to him the pink coloration was being siphoned from water to his being…

The squire’s stomach bubbled after a few chimes, the bubbling became a rumbling and that rumbling became a full-fledged twinge of pain and force movement causing the pycon to arch violently upward before folding over forward and slipping in the watery depths. It wasn’t long before a soft pink glowing silhouette of the pycon was visible at the surface, it was rippling, coiling, twisting, seething…

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 8th, 2014, 3:55 pm

The water stopped teeming and bubbling, yet it still retained the pinkish hue and odd silhouette within, the dark shape was coming closer, the water rocked and chopped as the squire came closer to the surface. A hand reached out from within, it was a finger shorter than it once was, the hand appeared to be clad in a glove of sorts, and the clay was a shade of pink so dark is almost neared red. It ended abruptly, the arm attached to the hand was also a shade of pink, but this one was a lighter shade more in the middle spectrum of the coloration known as pink. A second hand came up, it appeared in similar fashion as the first.

It didn’t take long though before the hands gripped the edge of the pool and pulled the rest of the body out, first came the head… It was rather narrow and long form, rounded to at the top with what appeared to be wisps of clay in the formation of a wild mane of hair. Just below the mane was a round protrusion with two strips of slightly upraised clay. The protrusion was a ring and the middle of depressed in. The ring and to strips were the same shade as the hands, the depression had a circle etched into the center of it, denoting it as an eye. The eye was the same color as the arms and hair.

The squire had formed an eye and now hair… Yet the form he took now was not completely in the view of anyone. Pulling himself over the lip of the pool and onto solid ground the pycon grunted, the majority of his body was wrapped in the dark shaded clay, it appeared to be leathery in design and almost nearing the pants one would see the farmers in the outpost wearing. Gasping the pycon grunted with its head lower, staring at the ground before snapping his gaze up at his dog and the door beyond. The mess that was once a hole with teeth for a mouth was now a formidable attraction… His lower jaw jutted outward and the teeth that came up from within were largely crooked and a motley crew of jagged, pointed, and flat teeth… There was no rhyme or reason to their placement.

His legs were stubby affairs with paddle like feet, much like what he had prior to taking his soak. A pause in his grunting and Ball blinked, his monocular vision took in his surroundings… Must hurt… Must teach lesson… He rose his arms and opened his mouth with a roar that ended with oddly formed garbling. A long pink tongue lashed out in the roar and the squire partly ran, partly waddled his way out of the Soothing Waters and back into the Great Bazaar below.

Luckily for the pycon, his mount wasn’t far behind and in his teeth, cradled as gently as he could manage, Imass held the small vial of glowing pink lotion…
---
Another Bell Later…

Ball had made his way to the giant basement below, the havoc he caused on the way was paramount in his wake: he startled dogs, excited horses and scared cats. Luckily he caused to monetary damages to the merchants as he hurried on his way.

Yet, when he returned to the little corner where he purchased his wares the merchant was gone… There was no visible sign that the man was even there. Vanished… Gone… Arghh!! He released another growl of a roar before lumbering off in search of the man. No matter how much he looked for the man, he didn’t find him.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 8th, 2014, 4:10 pm

The next morning…

Ball found himself in his dorm when he woke the following morning. Luckily he had the dorm to himself because the place was a total mess, bedding was thrown around, the contents of his trunk were everywhere and the pycon was at a lost for the cause of it. Stifling a yawn he rubbed his face and blinked… Turning to look at the shiny bits of mizas on the floor strewn about the pycon realized then he wasn’t looking at his last normal form.

There was an eye, what appeared to be gloves, odd formed pants and boots. There was an odd ring around the eyes that came out from his body some with a small apparent strap sort formed around the entirety of his head. There were small stubble of hair shaped follicles of clay but there wasn’t a wild mane. The coloration of his body wasn’t too abnormal, he was his usual clay-brown coloration, yet the strap, ring, and clothing were a darker shade of brown, nearing almost wet clay itself. The oddest part of it all was he felt rather… Slimy, like something was dumped on him and he rolled around in it. Ugh…

That is when he remembered, the merchant he bought the skin products from… Something was off about the salts… What was it? Ball sat down and scratched his head, it felt rather… Odd to have stubble there, but it wasn’t entirely uncomfortable to feel. It also appeared that he didn’t have to concentrate to take this shape, it was his new normal form… No answer came to his questioning mind…

“Maybe it will come to me…” Ball blinked as a hand came to his mouth, the words didn’t come out garbled or jumbled or incoherent. A heavy dose of gravelly and rumbling, but not incoherent at all.

“…What… The… Petch…” He gasped, the pycon blinked several times before he shrugged and went to picking up the dorm, the chaperones wouldn’t like it at all if the squire left the room a mess…

It took the squire three bells to right the upturned items and put everything away in their rightful places… Three whole bells to right the disaster he created without knowing it. How did this mess occur? He had no idea… “Someone might know.”

It was then that the Ball decided he would leave his dorm and go ask a fellow squire. It didn’t take long to find one, they did all live on this floor after all. It was a lanky boy, several seasons older than Ball was, and rather mousy in appearance “So happened in my dorm last night, do you know?” The boy gulped, “Ya… Ya was pink… Pink and…And… Mean…” He cowered from the pycon and Ball frowned, Pink and… Mean?

“It’s okay… Settle down… I am gonna go look for… Someone that can answer me a few more questions…”
---

By the end of the day, Ball had no more answers then he started out the day with... There was no records of a skin care merchant having been selling wares the day before.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on April 16th, 2014, 4:45 am

Ball :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Negotiation +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Intimidation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
The Shady Merchant Who Sells Pink Lotions And Bath Salts
Pink Lotions And Bath Salts: Recipe For Berserk
Form: 'Clothed' Ball
Alternate Form: Berserk Mode

Loots
+1 Shady Pink Lotions
+1 Shady Pink Bath Salts
-3 GM
-3 Shield Points

Notes :
Amusing thread, Ball! :D He just went Jekyll and Hyde! I hope he control that side soon... :paranoid: might be bad for his reputation.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)