Completed [The Bronze Woods] Any problem? (Markus)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] Any problem? (Markus)

Postby S'Essy on April 3rd, 2014, 8:32 pm

The laughter was making it better thought she was still looking worried, but tried to smile a little. It was an accident indeed, it was but still it was a shame for her. "Well.. I don't think blood is ONLY dirt but if you say so." She laughed too. She was calming down slowly, not trembling anymore and gave out a big shy then stood up. She looked at the his bag where the water skin was. She patted his leg then stood up and smiled down at him.

She went to the bag and started to search there. Apple, meat, meat. She was taking them all out from the bag. Then a dagger which she dropped as she touched it. She made enough harm for one day. But there was it, under the rope, the water skin. She took it out too and put the other stuff bag carefully. The waterskin contained enough water for her luck. She put the bag back and she walked back to Markus.

She bended down to him and was looked around to what to use. Nothing. Then she looked at her cloack. No it was bad idea, it was a cloack. But she convienced herself. "Oh the petch with formalities again, I can get another..." she said and torn a big piece from her cloack. She folded it then and openned the waterskin. She poured a little water on it. She was wiping his bloody forehead. "Aaaand... better!" She said and was smiling as she saw his bloodless face.

"So..yeah that was my first time." She started. She put down the water skin which she closed and the bloody,wet piece of cloack next to her. She was all calm now, and wasn't sweating or trembling. It was scary she didn't really deal with that kind of situation in Mura. Mura was somehow peaceful. "Why did you join the knights? What good they do anyway...? Fighting for peace with war?"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 3rd, 2014, 9:14 pm

Blood? He had blood on his face. For several moments the squire just blinked before he remembered that he had wiped his face with the back of his hand. He could do little more than chuckle at it all. Half his face covered in a smear of blood and much of his clothing now cut to shreds by his own blade. He must be looking rather gruesome for the poor healer. Although she had probably seen worse in her time as a healer. Besides:

Blood or no blood, I am still one handsome man. His thoughts betrayed his larger ego and simmering arrogance under the altruistic surface. He could only shrug to her remark and when she petted his leg he didn't even notice that it didn't hurt any longer. Not sure he would have noticed with her having been so close to him. She turned to find his bag and he just enjoyed the show as he moved over to sit against the tree that had torn open the back of his hand. He threw a glance up at the place where his blood had been smeared against the tree. But quickly did it return to the Konti healer as she went through his back pack. The view was good and there was no attempt to hide the fact that he had been looking at her. She found the water skin and returned to him, bending over again to take care of her poor patient. She had good bedside manners, then again, cut open your patient by mistake and that should be expected. That was just Markus' opinion.

Hearing her swear surprised him. Seeing her tear off part of her own cloak surprised him even further. He would have stopped her had he known what she would have done. His own clothes were already torn and ruined by his own blade. Better it be his clothes that they messed up for his care. A shiver went through Markus when she started to clean up the blood.

"Oooh, cold." Markus said as the cold water touched his warm skin. Though the smile returned to his lips briefly thereafter when she were done cleaning his face. "So, am I pretty enough for you?" The grin on his lips suggested he was joking. The questions that followed caused the carefree grin to vanish as his anger flared. Did she just ask him what good the knights were? He had never been this close to punching a healer of Rak'keli before, but if she kept asking such questions, this might be the day.

Markus had undergone a small transformation while he had been with the knights, he could see his former self and although he sometimes missed those carefree and chaotic days of doing whatever he wanted, but he simply wasn't that selfish any longer. Not like many people in the world still were. Unlike himself, unlike S'Essy who seemed to genuinely have given herself to the duty of healing people, not that he could determine that so soon. But she seemed to be the genuine deal. Though naive as she were, Markus wondered what sheltered childhood she had led. Markus was fighting every day not to lose faith in the world. Only the knights.

"What good we do? Every day we fight tooth and nail to reclaim some measure of safety for those who hide behind the walls of Syliras. To reclaim the world that was torn from us many years ago by a cataclysmic event. We fight so that others may live in our shadow and be safe. Hard working men and women, innocent and deserving of a life where they do not fear for their life. That is why we fight, we fight so that other may live their lives in peace." Markus believed firmly in his words, he knew it was a prestigious position to become a knight and honourable as well, but he also knew that his life was in the service of the city and its people. That he would have to sacrifice his life one day to keep those citizens safe from harm. A price he would gladly pay.

"Where you come from must be a wonderful and peaceful place, since you can ask such a question. But we fight so that good men and women..." Markus took S'Essy's right hand and held it in his hand. "Women like you, a healer of Rak'keli, who wish for the best of others can live in safety without fearing for your life. Is that not something worth fighting for?" He asked her sharply, expecting only one possible answer from the woman.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 4th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Markus's tone changed dramatically. S'Essy knew that she touched his sensitive spot now. He was serius and perhaps annoyed by the question. She let out a half smile on her face. This was where she could get know someone better. He believed in the knights very much. She touched his honor, his pride too. He was so proud to be one of them, that he could do something good for others. Just like a man, just like a knight.

But he was not that angry as she thought so. He held her hand. He was more serious than she thought. She was staring at his eyes. Yes it was his life, he wanted to do it. He meant it. "Yes, it is but.." She placed her other hand on his which was holding her right hand. "But as I heard in your voice, you didn't take kindly my question. I accept that, but you have to accept that people WILL ask these or will think differently." She placed Markus' hand on her lap, while with her both hands she was still holding them. "And yes Mura is peaceful. Just... forget it!" She rolled her eyes. Mura was her home, but somehow it was not enough. She knew what will happen everyday because days were the same.

She sighed then smiled at Markus. "So then let me tell you something about healers! Because I am a fighter too!" She started and she was proud now. She knew she was a good healer. And he shared his thoughts, it was fair she 'trades' hers too. "You know Healing is not as easy as it sounds. You have to dedicate your life to it. You MUST know that you can heal. You MUST believe that you can heal. I fight for a life to not fade away, fight against illness, injury perhaps even death." She placed his hand on her forehead, where her healing mark was. "Ever wondered why you guys, you knights don't have healing mark? I bet some of you believe you can heal which is something you need for it. Well? "

"It's because you guys hurt your enemies so others won't get hurt in the city. But Healers must heal EVERYONE. My enemies, my friends, my family, the person who I hate. " She kept his hand on her forehead. "We can't refuse healing, whoever needs healing we will heal. Even if it's the person who tried to kill me. We can fight for self-defense, but if we hurted someone and he is alive, we have to cure. It's harder, much harder than killing someone for peace. You guys are doing well but this is how I fight."

At last she let his hand go and smiled brightly at him again. She gave a kiss to his cheek. "And just to answer your previous question, yes you are pretty enough for me. SER Markus Andres."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 6th, 2014, 9:06 am

Markus' anger slowly lost its edge as she spoke. Explained to him the purpose behind the healers. They were for everyone enemies and friends alike. There was something about that policy that made Markus happy. He couldn't put his finger on exactly what, but knowing that there were people out there who were, in essence, above the infighting of the races. The notion that people could be so selfless in the spirit of healing others bolstered his idealistic hope that everyone would some day follow the tenants of Tyveth and live honourable lives together and were capable of sacrificing something to keep their honour intact. Yahal and Tyveth were certain two great lords and Markus was fortunate to have found an order who embraced their principles.

A fierce blush appeared on his cheeks when she leant in and kissed him on the cheek. His thoughts cast into disarray as he just stared at her. Sweet words left her tongue, whispered into his ear, but he hardly registered them at all. She had kissed him! As that realization slowly manifested itself in his mind the blush deepened and the smile on his lips grew a little wider. Had he a shot with this woman? Or was she just being very nice to him?

"Uhh~ bwuuu uh. Yes. yes thank you. That... Thank you, it is not ser. not... not yet." He stuttered out as he tried to not look at the beautiful Konti lady right before him. Change the subject to something else - say something. Anything. "Uhh, you travelling alone?" A subtle way of asking if there was a significant other in her life. A significant other that might show up and kick his ass should he have seen her kiss. Markus was not sure how to proceed. Did he kiss her back? Did he hold her? Why could it not be the good old days where he bullied and teased someone if he liked them. Much easier.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 7th, 2014, 11:48 am

S'Essy laughed. "Oh my, oh my did I make you .. erm.. how is that word?" She didn't know the Common word for it, but she didn't even think about it more as she saw he turned away. She believed this was the true Markus, who shows his true feelings. She always thought that knights are emotineless and do what they order them to do. By the question she raised her eyebrows. "Yeah...I am."

"Cmon, do or say whatever you want. Was that your first kiss? Well.. cheek kiss?" She asked and went a bit futher from him. Maybe that way he could calm down a bit. She was still sitting with him and looked up at the sky. Syna was still on the sky. A bell or half has passed for surely. "Do you want to still practice or... you don't dare to do with me now?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 8th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Words. She asked him of words. If he had been capable of controlling his tongue he would have answered her, but right now he was struggling to keep a firm control of himself. She might have forgotten about the word, but Markus' mind still struggled. Embarrassed? Was that the word? But she responded to his question, she were alone here. Markus was rather impressed with that piece of information. Knights died patrolling these forests, seasoned warriors who were familiar with the land and this single Konti lady, with barely any fighting experience dared to go alone. He started to suspect that the woman might be hiding something under the pleasant exterior.

That mark on her forehead, might shield her from some of the more pleasant travellers, but Markus knew of people who would see her as a prize target. Markus couldn't agree more. Not that he would be capable of speaking such words any time soon as the warmth in his cheeks only grew hotter as she continued to speak. There was the memory of Kendall back in Zeltiva. Many years ago.

"Not my first kiss." There was a short pause before he shyly added. "Nor the first cheek kiss." He dared to take a peek at her and saw she were staring into the sky. She weren't flustered at all, or else he could not read her because of her foreign race. Markus was once more at a loss to what to do. Luckily S'Essy came to his rescue with an idea. To continue training. He rolled with his shoulder, no pain or protest. He bend his leg and wiggled with his foot and ankle. Stress testing both. No pain again.

"I can only imagine it will be safer training with you here." He might even be able to impress the female healer with his swordsplay. It was one of the few things he thought he was truly talented at, so best to show off his good qualities. The squire gently pushed himself up on his feet again and found his bastard sword. Examining the dirty blade that was marred with his own blood. He knelt down and picked up the heater shield he had discarded in his haste. He threw a glance to the beautiful woman by the tree. A realization came upon him then and he quickly changed his mind. As a healer, she would probably not be impressed by a display of violence. Then what? Came the obvious thought in Markus' mind. A happy smile crossed his lips when he found the answer to that self-imposed question. "But no, I think I have trained enough for today and I would be doing society a service by teaching you a thing or two about swords." He said as he placed his shield over his backpack. Would have to clean that intensively before his master saw it, he mused as he turned to face the Konti healer again. "Come over here." He bade her in a gentle voice. As he offered the Konti healer the blade again.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 11th, 2014, 7:34 pm

So it was not his firsk kiss. Not like it was that interesting information and as she asked it she felt dumb. She placed her face on her palm. She felt that it was a really inappropriate and stupid question from her. "Cmon S'Essy, that was so lame even from you..." she thought. She let her hand down from her face and turned her head back to him.

She saw he was checking himself. Or at least she assumed that he was doing these moves for that. She was glad that he was alright. So her healing did really help. She also hoped she doesn't have to more today or else she would be too exhausted not like she was not tired now either. But it was a good idea, she also checked her arms. She pulled them with the sword but she thought it's alright at the moment if she is careful.

She didn't understand him though. The forest was quiet but she didn't think that it was the safest place at all. Not to mention if she hadn't arrived in time he would have been in trouble. She doubted his opinion but she wanted to stay with him as long as he is training him. She had a good time here despite the accidents.

But it was not him who will train futher but her. She blinked as Markus said and was scared of the idea. But... it was tempting again. She wanted to try again even though she knew she made a big mistake last time. She stood up and went to him and nervously was smiling back at him. And with both of her hands she took the blade he was offering.

She was still not sure how to hold it, she totally forgot what Markus said to her which was not long time ago. Her hands were trembling again as always when she was holding a weapon. "Markus, please hold my hands! Hold my hands because I don't wish to hurt anyone at the moment!"

ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 11th, 2014, 8:23 pm

A warm smile crossed his lips when she took the blade again. She had looked nervous and that was a feeling Markus had shared, but kept it suppressed by his warm exterior. Nervous that she would have an accident again. But he had been in plenty of accidents and none of them had left much more than scars on his body. He gently mused over the thought that he had never had any serious scarring injuries to his face. Which was rather fortunate, he did not want a large scar covering half his face. The warm smile turned into a comfortable relaxed smile.

"Relax. You got this, S'Essy. You won't hurt anyone. Trust me." He spoke soothingly. Trying to calm her nerves as he started to move by his little ingenious plan. His master had often said that Markus had a good tactical head on his shoulders and he felt rather sly that he had thought up this simple idea. Markus also felt a lot calmer and level headed when following some sort of plan. Confident that his plan would work, he moved behind the Konti woman, partly to hide his blushing cheeks, but mainly to carry out the second step of the plan. The squire stepped up close behind her. His arms moved down the length of her arms, his barely touching hers. His hands gently held hers as he steadied the bastard in her hands. He gently moved her right hand up closer to the cross guard. Her left further down towards the hilt. Would give her a better grip on the blade.

"Was that your first kiss?" He whispered into her right ear before seemingly effortlessly changed the subject. As his eyes diverted from her to the blade in her arms. "Bend your arms slightly." Markus moved her arms closer to herself. A slight bend. Also wrapped his arms a little closer around her shoulders. A fortunate coincidence - certainly nothing the squire might have considered. "Easier to control the blade until you feel confident to attempt strikes." His voice never more than a whisper into her ears. No doubt she could feel the warmth of his breath against the neck.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 11th, 2014, 9:04 pm

He was looking at him as he was trying to calm her down. His voice was cool and confident. S'Essy knew he was right and indeed was trying to calm down. An idea came to her mind, she could use her meditation technique now. It couldn't be more different. She closed her eyes and was taking deep breaths. Slowly she was trying to relax her body. Her hands slowly stopped trembling and she was about to be relaxed. Just a little more and she could focus.

But then he came behind her. S'Essy openned her eyes and was about to turn her head back. But she didn't as Markus stepped closer and his arms went around her. Althought she didn't turn her head back she turned it down and was looking at her hands. His hands were holding her hands, his arms were close to her and Markus himself was close to her.

And the whisper was the top of it. A chill went up on her back and she could feel her face was warm and was going red. She couldn't believe it. She couldn't even focus on the blade. But she had to and ask Markus's arms moved she moved them too. She bended it and she saw that Markus' arms were closer to her shoulders. And on her neck, she felt his breath.

S'Essy was totally controlled by him. She was just thinking how to respond. What should she do? Play along with him? She made a tiny step to Markus. It was tiny as she with her body felt that he was really standing close to her. But she eased up a little. A half smile appeared on her face.

ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 14th, 2014, 11:33 am

The squire could feel her body tense a little when his arms touched her. It brought a sliver of a smile to his lips and a little fire started in his emerald eyes. But the tense body soon gave away as the healer relaxed in his arms. She did not object to his close touch, a fact he welcomed. Though it came with trouble, his focus was split in two, part on the woman in his arms, part on the blade in their hands. The blade that had drank his lifeblood twice today already. He did not want to make it thrice. But their close proximity made it hard to focus on the blade. He would much rather keep his focus on the pleasing woman in his arms. But he knew, if he gave in to that temptation, he would lose the measure of control over his voice and actions that he had now.

The woman moved back. Tiny bit closer to him and he felt her back brush against his front. Markus let out a soft surprised gasp, delighted that she moved closer but also surprised by her actions. It seemed that she returned his flirtatious attempts at getting the two closer together. The smile on his lips revelled in the unfamiliar closeness of the two. He needed a new focus. Her arms, almost in the perfect position. Slender arms, delicate, wonderful to behold. The warmth rose in his cheeks. Her thigh touched his knee. Legs - footwork. Almost effortlessly Markus moved his right foot forward between her legs and next to her right foot.

"There is more to this." He whispered mysteriously. His lips a hairs breadth away from her right ear. "Mindful of your feet is half the play." And Markus began to push her right foot forward with his own, gently. "Spreading your legs for a better stability." Markus pulled back his head from her right side. Looked down at how close their bodies were. Her stance, good. Her body hidden by the cloak, which he found annoying. Then suddenly his whisper would be in her other ear. "You did not answer my question." The playful undertone in his voice spoke volumes about him.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext