Completed [The Bronze Woods] Any problem? (Markus)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] Any problem? (Markus)

Postby S'Essy on March 23rd, 2014, 11:25 am

AV 509, Fall 44th

The middle of Fall wasn't that cold and hot either. Everything was getting ready for winter. Trees, animals and the citizens. S'Essy also put on her cloak. Birds weren't singing much. However Syna was shining brightly on the sky, it was the middle of the day. S'Essy wanted to go out from Syliras a bit. A little bit of journey at the Bronze Woods, the fresh air was a good idea for her. From her inn where she stayed she headed out.

She understood why her mother insisted to go out from Mura a bit. Seeing the other parts of the world, got her new experiences. Could see other peoples and also making new friends was always nice. Syliras was nice, very nice indeed. But she wasn't really fond of the knights. They were necessary she didn't doubt that. She didn't pay attention to them though, it must be just her stupid thoughts again. They were here and they were needed.

S'Essy was out at the woods. Trees and plants weren't that green anymore. But she tried to find the beauty in it. It was colorful now. The yellow, red leaves were pretty, giving a new kind of look. She was standing there looking up at them. How peaceful. She was walking into the forest more, though she was careful. She didn't want to go into too deep, the place was still unknown to her and could be dangerous also.

She was wandering around for chimes, when she settled down a bit and sat down on a trunk. It was a good idea to come out, she thought. She was alone and there was silence. Only the winds were whispering through the trees. She closed her eyes and enjoyed it till she could. Which didn't last long. She heard noises from her back. She wasn't sure what it was, she didn't hear it clearly. It was a voice.

Maybe she was too deep in the forest. She stood up looked behind her. She didn't see anyone. Perhaps it would be better to run. But she was sure it was a person not an animal because it was a man's voice. She was going to the direction of the voice and she was hearing it more clearly as she got closer.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 26th, 2014, 4:51 pm

44-Fall-509
Markus was frustrated as he glared at his arms. Why would they not comply? The squire had finally figured out an excellent technique he might surprise his master with and finally best him in combat! But his arms did not wish to participate. Kept getting the timing wrong. Swinging too close. Getting tangled together. When he finally got the work with the arms in order. His legs refused to move in unison with the rest of the body. It vexed him greatly. The squire sighed The sword was quickly sheathed as he found his water skin and splashed some water in his face. His clothes also got hit, but he didn't mind. He was working up a sweat in any case and anything to cool his body. His clothes were simple, a dark green tunic and a pair of black breeches. Not a single speck of armour to be seen on him. Partly because that would attract the attention of his master and Markus wanted to keep this training a secret.

Markus stood in a clearing in the forest. The ground around him stomped flat from bells of practice and his blonde hair stuck to his head. Impatient green eyes stared sullenly at a rock at the opposite end of the small clearing. What was he doing wrong? Frustrated with his lack of answer, he drank some water and dropped the water skin on the forest floor. He was not done yet. He would learn this technique. Commit it to memory and use it to defeat the master.

Markus held the shield in front of him. Left arm tense as the squire slowly breathed out. Shield lifted, caught the imaginary weapon. Right leg slid back. Shield lowered and went to his right. Leading the enemy weapon away. Then came the hard part. Right arm moved inside the shield. Bastard sword flashing quickly and what came next was a yell of pain. As the Bastard sliced against his left arm. Cutting a long gash over his lower arm. Markus let out a pained howl. The Bastard was dropped to the ground and shield was quickly discarded to bounce against the floor. Markus quickly put a hand against the wound. Trying to stop the bleeding. Or whatever.

"Petch. Gods petch it! Arrghh..." His Zeltivan heritage clear in the accent of his voice. Almost instinctive as he became less civilized. "Stupid sword!" He resisted the urge to kick the sword. As the pain intensified and the blood did not seem to stop. It was a rather nasty cut. Not deep, just, long. "Petch petch petch." Worry began to show in his voice. Could he make it to Syliras before he bled out? "Come on, come on, where are you!" Markus right hand rummaged through the backpack he had brought. There ought to be some bandage or likewise in there. Something that could help him. Green eyes turned right and left at a frantic pace. Seeking a new answer to this problem. Growing desperate. "What do I do... What do I do..." He repeated.
Last edited by Markus Andres on March 28th, 2014, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 26th, 2014, 5:35 pm

She was going slowly. But she was right to not run away. She could hear now that the voice was looking for help obviously. She wasn't walking there slowly now, she was hurrying she was nearly running now. She was nearly there, she was nearly there. Somebody needed help, that was in her mind all the way along. It was hard to go through the woods though. It took her a little time before she finally got there. And there he was the yelling boy, S'Essy noticed the sword and shield first.

He was probably practising and he was probably a knight or at least want to be one. But the Konti tried to not think about that. He was in pain, he had a wound on his shoulder. She ran in front of him, which could suprise him and quickly investigated the wound."Hey! Hey! You calm down! That's what you do! Okay?" She said, doesn't even waiting for him to respond. For her relief it wasn't serious. Only the appearance of the wound looked terrible, but just looked. She placed her hand on his arm.

She was focusing on her healing gnosis, she knew she could help it, she knew she could heal it with Rak'keli's mark. And so she did feel that her Goddess's power was going through her, curing the wound. She took her hand of and the wound was nevermore, only a thin red line remained which will surely disappear at the next day. She was smiling at him and introduced herself properly now. "It doesn't hurt anymore for sure. You forgot the pain already didn't you? Well... I'm S'Essy, as you could see I'm a healer."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 28th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Markus' heart skipped a beat or two when the woman suddenly stood before him. Eyes fixed upon his left arm and telling him to calm down. He was too stunned by her almost magical appearance right before him to do anything stupid. Plus, she spoke in a way that made him calm. The fact that she was very attractive also had a finger to play. But he stared at her with dark green eyes as she studied his injured left shoulder. The first thing that he noticed was, naturally, her gender. Then the odd iridescent blue scales on her neck and then the gills at the same place. All the evidence pointed towards the same answer: A Konti lady. How she had found him in the middle of the forest mattered not, for she seemed to have been sent by her goddess to heal him in this embarrassing bell. But as her hands provided the healing that Markus had had his encounters with when training had gotten a bit too rough and he had gotten injured.

The pain went away as he looked at his own shoulder and the skin reattach. He felt the warmth of the divine magic as it worked its miracle. It was a very odd sensation to watch his own skin mend itself right before his eyes. Pleasant in a way, but very surreal. All that remained when the Konti healer was done was a thin red line across his large shoulder. He almost asked if she could also mend his shirt. - Thinking it be disrespectful, he chose not to. The smile on her lips, it was a lovely smile.

"You truly are a godsend, miss S'essy!" Markus said and gave the Konti healer a very low bow of gratitude. He was still flabbergasted that a healer had come almost out of nowhere at the right moment to save him. "And no, the pain is gone. You have my gratitude, miss. I will include your goddess Rak'keli in my prayers tonight." He bowed his head again. "And I am Markus Andres, squire to Stern Mason. How did you know where to find me?" Markus asked curiously.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 29th, 2014, 3:58 pm

"Miss? Oh cmon darling, just call me S'Essy!" she said and she was amused by him. Bowing and being so formal. No wonder, he was a squire, a knight's student. She nodded."I'm sure she will be pleased." She was still taking quick looks at his arm. Making sure she didn't leave any injury, she didn't like an unfinished work. She was still amused about him. Bowing his head again. She wasn't fond of the knights, but he was at least kind. "Oh dear..Haha. Okay sorry! Well Markus, your yelling and cursing could be heard in Mura too I think. It's just your luck, that I was wandering here myself. Perhaps Rak'keli knew that you will need help without you praying to her."

The winds started to blow. The air was chillier in the forest. The leaves were going on the ground, let the wind to take them. S'Essy put her arms around herself. It was colder and she was cold. She should have brought more than just a cloak. She was trying to not focus on the tempreture. "So... why are you training here alone? And why without arm? " She quickly asked. She looked around the ground.

Not a single armor, only a sword which wounded him and a shield. She had never tried fighting, not with sword. Perhaps it's because of her healing mark. Without asking again, she picked up the sword. She held it up. She looked unconfident as she was holding it, in fact she was really clumsy. And it was really a strange feeling for her too. She had to hold it with both of her hands. "Don't laugh..." She said quickly, she felt a bit embarassed
Last edited by S'Essy on April 11th, 2014, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 30th, 2014, 3:25 pm

The young squire was a bit surprised by the Konti's liberal use of the word darling. Not that he would complain about it, in fact, he rather enjoyed that an attractive woman came by, healed his arm, and amiably called him darling. It would be very hard for him to not like this pleasant woman. Though his cheeks did turn a colour of red when she spoke about his yelling and swearing. That was an awkward first impression she would have gotten of him. But she didn't seem to have taken offence. He rolled around his left shoulder and twisted the arm naturally. It was back to normal. He could have kissed the woman, but he would hate being beaten up by the woman who had just healed him.

"Uhm yes, sorry, mi- S'Essy. Your goddess is truly merciful and generous. I will remember to mention you in my prayers of gratitude." Markus said, repeating what he had earlier mentioned. He just wanted to convey how happy he was that she had come along when she did and how grateful he was of that fact. Would have been a mess otherwise and probably cost him many days of rehabilitating training before he was back on the training ground.

"I was trying to teach myself a new trick. A way for me to surprise my master next time we spar and I can finally defeat ser Mason." The squire seemed hopeful about the latter prospect, to actually defeat his master. "And I can barely pull off the technique without armour, wearing armour will only hinder me." After a short pause. "Considering I just cut my own shoulder open, thank you for healing me, again. I should probably reconsider that idea."

Markus watched her pick up the bastard sword. He felt sensitive about her wielding the sword. Especially the tentatively way she held it. But the way, made him chuckle lightly at her, she were a far cry from a warrior. Her request to have him stop laughing backfired, for it only made him laugh more. When he was done he held up a hand to apologize for the laughter and approached her. "First time holding a sword?"

"Come, let me show you how to hold it." He held the blade on the flat side to keep it steady in her hand. Other hand on her hand. "Right near the cross guard, left further down." He would move her hand to the right places for the best grip. "Excellent. Now hold it out in front of you like this" Markus held out his arms and pretended he was holding a sword. Arms slightly bend. "If you want to take a swing, just pull it over your head and chop down at the enemy." Markus said with a warm smile.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 31st, 2014, 4:33 pm

Well this training was more dangerous than he must have thought and before S'Essy could say anything, she saw that he was laughing at her. Even more when she asked not to. S'Essy's hands were trembling and she felt that her face got hot. It turned red. It was trully embarassing but she was a healer, not a fighter. "...Yeah..." She answered silently to his question. She felt dumb to even try it.

Then she let the squire to control her. She felt nothing, he had no bonds. But for a knight it might be hard. It wasn't important though. She moved her hands the way he showed to her. Her hands were still trembling and shaking. She copied the knight's showing. She tried to hold it like him, arms bended. And the swing. Shall she try it? Well why not, she thought and blow out the air.

She pulled it over her head. It was hard to keep it still. She was about to fall back because of the sword. She got scared that she will indeed fall, she took a swing with it, but she couldn't stop the sword. The swing was fast, she couldn't keep it still and it flew out from her hands and landed on the ground. She put up her arms quickly like someone was threatening her.

She was scared and her face was more red than before. What has she done? It was a very bad idea. "...I'M sorry! I'm Sorry!" She kept saying. This also showed how little she knew about combats. Then slowly she let her arms down. She didn't dare to touch anything.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 3rd, 2014, 6:38 pm

The warm smile grew a bit colder when he saw the way her arms were trembling as she held the blade over her head. Perhaps he should take the blade from her before she cut herself, or worse, cut him. Markus jumped back when she swung. The swing was wild and out of control. Markus looked horrified as the blade flew from her hands. H gave a small yelp of surprise when he jumped but not in time before the blade struck his left ankle. The dark green eyes went wide when he felt the blade bite into his ankle. His left leg touched the ground first, sent a sharp jolt of pain up through his leg. Stunning him as he just fell over. Arms flailing wildly as the right leg touched ground, but too late to stabilize his fall - in his desperation he pushed away.

Propelling him in a direction, but still without no notable control of himself. Right hand punched a tree and scrapped open the back of his hand against the rough bark. Twisting the squire mid-air so he landed with his left side against the ground. With a loud thud he landed. Left side of his face smacked against the hard unforgiving ground.

The squire lay there for a few brief moments he groaned loudly as the many different sources of pain competed for attention in his mind. Left ankle was the most painful. The side of his face also got a fair bit of attention, he had not yet noticed that the back of his hand had been scrapped off. As he lay there in pain, he softly lamented that lady luck had decided to kick him in the face. Thank the Goddess of healing that she had sent him a healer. Or were she just a bad omen? The squire didn't bother with those thoughts as he pushed himself up to a sitting position. His left ankle hurt like someone had just cut it open with a bastard sword. Coincidentally, that was exactly what had happened. He looked at his leg wide eyed. The gash was not that terrible. He was lucky she had dropped the blade and not actually chopped at him, then the leg might have come off. Markus wiped away some sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.

All he succeeded in doing was smear his own blood all over his forehead.

"Petch me..." He muttered.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 3rd, 2014, 7:15 pm

And a scream she let out because of the shock. She hurt him this time. "OH MY OH MY OH MY!" She was screaming and was just standing still for a moment. It was a disgrace for Rak'keli and for herself. She was a healer, how could have she done something like that? But it wasn't for purpose, it was an accident she didn't mean it. Then she realized that she had to heal it immediately. She ran there and kneeled down, placed her hand on his leg. "I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry! " She kept saying as she was focusing on her Healing mark once more. Again she felt that Rak'keli power was going through her to mend the injury.

She pulled off her hand from the injury which was no more. She was staring at his bloody face with a worrying face. Then her arms were just moving on their own. They were around Markus and she pulled him closer to hug him. "Dear... I'm so sorry." She made a big deal out of it. Then she let him. Still kneeling in front of him and was just staring.

"Do you.. do you have a handkerchief somewhere or something so we can wash your face?" She felt clumsy all of sudden. She healed him but she wasn't confident at all. She was quivering a bit and was sweating because she was worrying so much. "Or anything else I could do for you? I swear I will not hurt you."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 3rd, 2014, 8:00 pm

Markus groaned a little when she began screaming. It didn't help him much that the only qualified healer around was just screaming instead of actually healing him. Not only had she cut open his ankle by accident, but were she now actively trying to deafen him? He clanched his right fist and felt a violent stab of pain from the damaged hand. As he looked at his bleeding right hand he just shook his head in disbelief. How had it become this bad? The woman seemed to gather her wits about her again while Markus sat there suffering from her clumsy action. Petch me that hurts. Second time that blade tastes my blood today. Petching typical. I manage to sneak away on day to train without master looking over me, and this happens.

The attractive Konti healer bent over again, her hands finding his ankle. She began to use the magic of her great goddess upon him. He felt the warmth spread over the wound as it began to close again. It was an amazing sight to tell the truth. There was a shy smile on his lips as the warmth spread through his shin. It was a pleasant feeling. Second time this woman had saved him from a possible lethal injury. She may have caused it, but Markus knew an accident when he saw one. Wasn't the first time he had been injured due to an accident in a spar. Her arms wrapped around him and Markus' eyes went wide in surprise as the warmth rose into his cheeks, colouring them in a strong red colour.

"Uhh, bwuh... It... It is okay? I mean..." Markus shook his head a little when she let go of him. He felt a twinge annoyed about that aspect of the healing process had passed. Passed all too soon. "It was.. an accident. Wasn't uhm, your fault. Just... be careful next time." Markus brow creased a bit when he mentioned next time. Should he show her how to wield the sword without killing innocent bystanders - most likely risking his own life in the process. The debate raged inside of him, she were a healer and she could use some weapon experience to defend herself. On the other hand, he really didn't want to get cut again.

handkerchief? Markus looked perplexed. Did he have dirt in his face? Must have, did smack it directly into the ground. But he just laughed at her worry and when she reassured him she wouldn't hurt him. It made him sound very cheerful despite the pain every laughter sent through his right hand. "S'Essy, let it go. It is okay, it was just an accident." He said as the warm smile appeared again and he put his left hand on her shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "And it is just a little dirt. Nothing to be worried about. Right? But I got a full water skin over in my bag over there." If she began to rummage through his bag she would find some dried meat and half a loaf of bread, a pair of apples, a small dagger, A 10 foot rope for no apparent reason and the aforementioned water skin. All of the lovely items lent on the courtesy of the knights. Markus never really felt any ownership over anything, aside from his bastard sword, that was the only item he really felt belonged to him. But in essence, he belonged to the knights, thus his blade belonged to them by extension. At the bottom of the bag there were two dozen coins of different colours, most of them silver, but some of them gleamed gold when exposed to the light of Syna.

"If you would get it for me, that would be great. I don't want to stand on this leg just yet." Plus, seeing miss S'Essy bend over to rummage through his bag might be a sight that would soothe the pain he felt in his right hand. Though, that she were so vain that she wanted to wipe a little dirt from his face. Well, she were the healer and she had quite possibly saved, then endangered and finally saved his life in the span of a couple of chimes. He would cut her some slack.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Next