Closed Doggy Business [Minosaaya]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Doggy Business [Minosaaya]

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 11th, 2014, 1:17 pm

OOCI'm sorry for putting this off for so long v.v

On another note... the price for training the dogs. How about, say, 25gm each? Plus 10gm for any special training, like hunting or sled pulling.

Spirit rushed her way to the Mengaerie, wanting to check up on Mino as soon as she could... just to be safe. She wanted to talk to Reikanni, and hopefully get three or four. She had two from her Uncle, so six would be... nice. An imaginary litter, really.

The Frostfawn was to be found inside of her little building, and entering brought an instant sense of warmth. That, coupled with the general smell of animals, left Spirit feeling quite comfortable and cozy, wrapped up in a blanket... but she wasn't. Reikanni glanced up at the arrival, and smiled at the Vet. The shopkeeper was only actually a little older than Spirit herself, and it was impressive how she ran this business practically on her own...

"Hello?" was the inquiring greeting. "What can I do for you?" Spirit paused, then thought up an answer. "I have recently bought a plot of land, with the intention of training puppies there. I'm working with a dog Kelvic, who can speak to the puppies, in a way... which would make the training faster and more effective. I was hoping you'd like to... put some of your puppies in the program?" It was awkward, but... she'd already said it. She should have thought up a speech on the way here, rather than musing about how Mino was doing.

"Oh? That's... interesting. I'm assuming it's not free?" The slightly older Vantha grinned at her own joke. "I do have a few puppies in need of such a service... one of them is particularly... annoying. What are your prices?"

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Minosayaa on May 13th, 2014, 6:44 am

OOCI wasn't sure on prices so I let Mino get lost. :) Besides I've been busy too. My uncle is dying of cancer and his wife, my mom's sister has just needed some company and a few laughs. Their dog was part of the inspiration of Mino btw.

Mino sat in her pity corner glumly tracing invisible circles on the floor with her finger. She let her mind wander off onto random subjects. Maybe I should grow my hair out...It won't affect my dog form... Spirit wears her hair long and it looks pretty. But does it get in the way when she works? With a sigh the Kelvic rose to her feet. As much as she wanted to sit and wallow in self pity... Spirit was counting on her.

Retracing her steps back to the hold's entrance she stopped to focus before giving it a second go of navigating the hold. "Okay, here we go.." The first thing the man had said, 'go up.' So she needed to find stairs. After a brief search a flight of stairs was found. With a small noise of glee Mino ran up the steps. 'Then left.' Mino found that the upper hall went in both directions. Holding out her hands, Mino observed the space between her thumbs and pointer finger. The human pups had taught her this, the left hand made the letter L in common. Left started with this L. After staring at her hands for longer than she would of liked to she turned to the left hallway and continued on her way. 'Four doors down.' Oh boy, numbers... Four wasn't a big number, Mino knew. A litter was six..So a small litter was four. Humans normally only had up to three pups in their lifetime. That was less than a dog...so four was bigger than three. A hand was five...Didn't four go next to five? Four, five? Five, four? Mino held up a finger, "This finger is for Mino and Mino is one. This finger is for a bondmate making us two. This finger is for human pups who are three. A whole hand is five..." She held up six fingers,"That's a litter... So, Mino is one, bondmate makes two, three is a human pup group, a small litter is four!" Passing each door Mino put up a finger until four fingers were in the air. She turned to the door and gave a knock.
If there is rain tomorrow
I wonder where you will take me.
Surely if I'm with you
That alone will make me happy.

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Words: 51933
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 14th, 2014, 12:34 pm

OOCOuch... I hope everything works out...

”5 mizas for basic training… but it’s an extra ten for any special skill… like pulling a sled. My Kelvic friend is a sled dog themselves, so the puppy will get some… insider training.” She grinned a little foolishly, shrugging at the woman. Reikanni seemed to consider the prospect, frowning blankly into space.

”Alright,” she finally said, nodding her head. ”I have two Luvanor Grassland Hunters… one of which is the irritating one. Those could do with the basic obedience training. There’s also a pair of Zypherians that didn’t sell early on, so… how about basic training for them, plus sled training? When do you want them?”

Spirit was happy with the number… six puppies in total! That would be… she hastily calculated the number. Ten from her Uncle, twenty in basic from Reikanni, then another twenty for the two sled trainings. Fifty in all. It wouldn’t exactly pay off the land, but she hadn’t been expecting it to… this wasn’t a full business after all, and in all realism… was almost a hobby.

”In a few days… we’re just having kennels built. I can pick them up then, and we can do the trade.” The deal was done, and she rushed off in the direction of the Iceglaze hold. She didn’t know how Mino was faring, and she wanted to make sure there weren’t any mistakes with the kennels. She didn’t know how long the Kelvic’s great memory would last.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Minosayaa on May 17th, 2014, 3:55 am

Mino opened the door, as she saw it she had knocked giving warning to her entering. "Hello?" She asked the room, a noise like a 'nuh?' came from the corner of the room. Varys. The Kelvic did a mental happy dance to celebrate her victory over numbers.

"Ahh, Mr.Varys my friend and I are in need of your building skills and such. See we need to build some kennels to hold dogs. We're training them- the dogs not the kennels." Mino took a deep breath, "Okay I had instructions I just need to remember them, and that may take some time...."

Varys watched this strange girl with some amusement. There was something different about this Vantha.. As the girl pondered what her instructions had been it crossed Varys' that this girl might not exactly be a Vantha, while she definitely had some Vantha blood, she missed a few common traits. Her hair was jet black lacking the shimmering colors the Vantha had. Her eyes were brown and despite her showing multiple emotions they stayed brown, the browns lightened and darkened but they stayed brown. But perhaps the most interesting feature to this girl was her teeth, almost dog-like. That was it, she must of been Kelvic, with a long bloodline of Vantha.

Mino spoke up finally after some deep thinking, "Okay, Spirit said to ask about price...time....and when you can start.....As for how many...." Mino raised a hand and wiggled her fingers. "We need a hand of them! I mean the number of fingers on a hand! They have to hold..um...two..or...three grown dogs or a litter or two! Yeah, 2-3 grown dogs or a buncha pups!" Mino smiled, this was going well in her mind. "Oh! They need closing doors too! Almost forgot that...That wouldn't of been good, pups runnin' here and there! Also can you make sure that they'll keep the pups warm?"
Surely if I'm with you

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 21st, 2014, 12:45 pm

Spirit stopped and frowned into space the moment she stepped out of the Menagerie, considering her options. The place was still in the main area of the city, but was rather close to the Frostfawn hold. In comparison, the Iceglaze hold was one of the furthest away. She glanced around, and was able to make out the stables in the distance… SilverGasp, I’m finally bringing Silver back. I’ve nearly forgotten about her v.v! She hadn’t been paying as much attention to the horse anyways, so maybe this would be a good chance to go out riding again.

She dashed in the direction of her workplace instead, the walls and interior so innately familiar after working there for over a year now. Spirit quickly found her way to where her horse was kept, and was greeted with a rather excited neigh… Silver had missed her, certainly. She rushed through most of the tacking work, ignoring any new groom’s offer of help. The others, the older ones, knew she’d worked with them a little over a season ago, so knew she didn’t need anything. Others simply knew her as Lusina’s Veterinary assistant.

Silver was saddled and bridled in chimes, and practically ran out of the building. Spirit wasn’t exactly good at riding, but she’d certainly gotten better since her first failures… she could mount without much of a problem, and did so, finding a familiar seat on the horse’s back. She nudged her heels into Silver’s flanks, then did so again, to bring the horse to a trot. She wasn’t at the point where she would gallop without falling off, and from what she’d heard of cantering… it was complicated. This was as fast as she could go.

Still, she urged the mare to as fast a trot as possible, still wanting to get to Mino. It took her a few moments to remember the motions of moving up and down during the trot, but like mounting… it came back to her in ticks. She was on her way, happy to be riding again, especially with an old friend.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Minosayaa on May 25th, 2014, 2:49 am

Varys scratched his chin, "Well, a kennel of that size would be about 25gm. To keep the puppies warm, you could have a wooden floor put in. That would cost 3gm unless you would repurposed some old wood for a floor. So I'm guessing icestone for the kennels themselves..."

Mino watched as the man began to sketch designs for the kennels, he made notes here and there using those meaningless letters and symbols. She had no idea what Varys was noting. Mino cocked her head to the side. Still gibberish to her.

"So you need five, right?" Mino jumped at his voice, she had been staring so intently on the meaningless words. "Umm, yeah! We bought a plot of land for them! Over by the Frostfawn hold. We have plenty of room for the kennels. With that Mino began going off on a tangent.
Surely if I'm with you

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 27th, 2014, 12:45 pm

The ride was nice but short, and reminded Spirit that she needed to get out more often with Silver. She spent too much time with her dogs, or at work, and it was only going to get worse. Hopefully, however, now that she’d put it on her imaginary list, it would get done. She visited the horse at work regularly, it was the rides and exercise that she needed. The Frostfawn didn’t want to neglect one of her companions… though it seemed like she’d done that already.

Silver was remarkably energetic, though with good reason. It was hard to keep the mare going at a fast trot without breaking into a canter or even a gallop. Spirit managed it, nudging or tugging to remind her friend every time the pace seemed to change. Though she wasn’t an experienced rider, pace changes were obvious. She knew the trot and walk well, so anything that felt strange meant that the horse was probably moving faster.

When she arrived at the Iceglaze hole, she realized a hole in her logic.. she didn’t know where specifically Mino was hiding. So… she asked around, dismounting a little awkwardly to be at a level height with everyone else.

It only took a few people until someone grinned with understanding at her description. ”Oh! The little girl without the colorful hair? Yup, I remember her. She asked me for directions, you know. Went to Vary’s place… over there.” He pointed, wished her luck, and set off on his own business. With a destination in mind, Spirit led Silver over to where Mino –hopefully- was.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Minosayaa on June 10th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Mino watched the man draw picture after picture of the kennels. "Why d'ya keep drawing them? We want real kennels, not ones on paper." She frowned it didn't make any sense. But she said nothing more and just continued to watch him and his fancy drawing...stuff.

"You seem bored." The man stated more than questioned her. "Kinda sorta, I'm kinda sleepy too. Got lost trying to find you. I'm not good with directions or numbers." A sudden noise of something getting knocked over made Mino jump. "What was-" "Bubba." The man said calmly not even looking up from his work. "He's my cat." Sure enough a large Tomcat wander out from the dropped items, he then gave a yawn and settled on a pile of papers.

Mino watched the orange tabby, "Bubba?" She smiled making her way to the pudgy cat. "Bubba!" Mino may have been a canine Kelvic, but that didn't mean she didn't like cats. Anybody could be a friend, including Bubba. "Hey Kitty-kitty, and how are you?" Bubba looked at the girl who was speaking to him, she seemed nice enough and he decided he'd put up with her attention.

Varys chuckled to himself, the girl no longer seemed bored and Bubba was getting pestered by said girl. A perfect punishment for the fat tom after knocking over his things.
Surely if I'm with you

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on July 1st, 2014, 1:59 pm

Spirit pushed through the first door she was pointed to, and, luckily, found Mino inside. There was another man, probably the one her guide had called 'Varys'. The Vantha seemed rather intent on his work, drawing and sketching on large sheets of paper. She hoped that the Kelvic had managed to get the order correct...

"Hello!" she called out once she was fully inside the room. She could see now that Mino was a little distracted, intent on petting and cuddling a large, fat, cat. "You're Varys, I assume?" she asked, direction the question at the larger man in the room. The man glanced up and nodded, reflecting her wide smile. "That's me... are you here for something else? Or..?" He left the sentence drifting off, though motioned towards Minosaaya. Spirit nodded, before lightly poking her Kelvic friend in the shoulder.

"Did you get it all, Mino? Five kennels, big ones... and doors?" She glanced over at Varys this time, and saw the man nod in agreement. Apparently so. She threw out a few more questions about their order, like the time it would take, price, and giving directions to where the plot of land sat. After a quick discussion about the flooring, she decided to have three with wooden ones, and the other two without... so it came to a grand total of 134gm... 25 each for five kennels, plus the 9 for the three wood floors.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Previous