Closed [Fighter's pit] One mercenary, One knight. Trouble time!

Revy meets Markus... What kinda trouble will ensue?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter's pit] One mercenary, One knight. Trouble time!

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 7th, 2014, 6:57 pm

70th day of Spring, 514 AV
Late in the evening

It was already late in the evening yet a lone woman, fully clad in armor including the gorget and helmet, was still up and about. Carrying a large glaive on her back, shield on her arm and longsword in her hand, she walked along the city walls. Her destination was right in front of her. It was a location she had already visited, but it was a good place to practice. It was also a place where she could find a decent sparring partner, or at least that was her experience.

After entering, she put down her sword and shield near the wall, she wasn't going to use them unless she'd get a partner. No, right now the mercenary wanted to get a little more used to her long weapon. She had to get some sort of range advantage in combat. She also had to get more used to her armor, Revy still felt like a slug in it.

So she got to work. Grabbing her glaive, throwing the scabbard near her sword and shield, she took position. She held it with her left hand halfway the pole and her right nearly at the bottom. Oh how it payed to be ambidextrous. She started off by just doing an easy set of fifty strikes, simply swinging it down diagonally. It served more as a warm up then actual training.

No the actual training started not more then a chime after her warm up. She started by swinging her glaive downward, circling it around and slashing back up. However, when she slashed back up, she managd to get her arms tangled together and as a result, she dropped her glaive. Well, launched was more appropriate here. Grumbling, she had to walk a few feet to pick her weapon back up and start all over again.

The length of the weapon made it harder to use it. Especially since the handling of it was far different then that of a longsword, or even greatsword. Yet through trial and error, she would learn herself how to use that weapon. She knew that determination would always pay off in the end.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 8th, 2014, 11:35 pm

The armour creaked as the sergeant knight drifted through the city. There was no purpose nor was there a goal. The sergeant just needed to get out of his apartment. Experience something more than a small apartment sparsely decorated and a hearth that he couldn't be bothered to keep running. Often had his mind drifted to the pair of letters he had received this spring, they had given him much to think about. Perhaps they were the source of his restless nature, he could be out there helping. Or perhaps the promotion was the source of his aimless drifting. More responsibility, he knew he could shoulder it, in fact he was determined to prove that he was a worthy sergeant.

But Markus knew neither of those explanations sufficed.

It was the memory of a wildling that kept appearing in his mind. Made him wake up at night with a sudden lust for life, before he remembered, they were no longer around. That made his blood boil with excitement and the promise of the unexpected. The delicate movements. Muscles and skin moving so gracefully. The way his mind had raced. Body had gone into overdrive to keep up. To attempt to tame this wild force. He had failed. Their time together had been too short. But another had not appeared since. Only brief thrills. Flings that mattered not to him when such a beacon was still burning ever so brightly in his memory.

Satisfy me, Syliras. Give me something to do.

The sergeant threw a glance toward the main gates. He saw a pair of shadows moving about in the darkness. He was not worried, for the mark on his shoulder told him they were knights. His arm raised in a greeting as he passed by, theirs raised in return. He wondered how the knights had managed to recognize one another prior to Sylir's return. He pushed that question away, useless speculations would only come of it. His feet carried him away from the main gates towards the place that had held his attention for a while now, the place where unknown talents appeared to surprise Markus and satisfy his cravings for a time. Always only left him hungrier when the fix ran its course. Without anything better to do, the sergeant drifted into the pit. Might be something to entertain him - stave off boredom for perhaps a tick or two.

In the pit he saw a lone figure. Movements agile considering the armour. But he could see the person was unfamiliar with the weapon. A knight? No, he didn't sense a mark. A squire then, or a merc, the armour, however, did not appear cheap. A rich mercenary? Or a lucky thief? Questions that he found intriguing. The weapon was an odd one. A polearm of sorts, he supposed, though those more often incorporated an axe head than a sword into the head. This stranger had succeeded in bringing a measure of excitement to the knight as he pondered this question. He could ask the source, but after approaching Joris earlier the season while he had been training, Markus would rather not disrupt the training to have his curiosity satisfied..

Then the armoured person dropped the polearm and gave Markus a brief window of opportunity to have his curiosity sated. The sergeant stepped forward. Wearing full armour, helmet and shield on his back. Bastard sword and its smaller cousin hanging by his left side. Markus was a large man, naturally imposing and anyone familiar with the knights and their ranks would recognize the two swords pin that he .

"Excuse me." Markus' voice called out to the stranger, voice polite and firm. "Interesting weapon you got there. A mix between a sword and a spear?" He was much too intrigued by the weapon to be bothered with any small talk. Introductions could come later. They could ask each other all the trivial questions when Markus knew what that odd weapon was.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 15th, 2014, 10:40 am

While she went to pick up her weapon, the woman got called out to. Strange? She was sure she was alone here. Yet apparently someone was here. How could he have eluded her detecting him? Was she just that focussed, or what? Right now Revy just didn't understand and she didn't want to understand. Would she be able to train in peace and quiet if she scared him off? Maybe. It was worth a try at least.

After having picked up her weapon, she turned to the stranger's voice. And she was greeted with one of those pesky knights. What was his problem? She wasn't doing anything wrong.... right? All she was doing was training with her weapon. There was no harm in that. "Why should you care? It's a weapon period. If you don't know the name of it, you're pretty ignorant for a knight.", she sneered. She still had beef with the knights. Being forced to work for free wasn't exactly what she wanted. "And now beat it. I ain't got time for you.", she said as she turned away again.

Hopefully he left, so she could get back to training. Yet apparently he didn't. She didn't notice any incentive from him to leave. "Didn't I make myself clear? I want you to beat it. I've got other things to worry about then you bloody knights. I'll finish that darn work in the mine as you guys want, so leave me the bloody petch alone, ok?", she said with anger seeping into her voice. Darnit, she just couldn't help but get angry with this guy. But also with herself. The sentence was completely justified, she knew that. It didn't mean that she liked it. If only that bloody kelvic hadn't been there, then she wouldn't have had to work for free like this.
Last edited by Revy Hiroe on April 16th, 2014, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 15th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Markus was taken aback by the response he got from the stranger. In short, it pissed him off. His eyes narrowed on the figure. A woman by the sound of her voice. Under normal circumstances Markus might have been swayed by her aggressive emotions and have the matter rest and leave. Now, he just stood there staring hard at the figure who just told him to beat it. He would not let someone speak to him like that, not tonight. She was lucky that no one was around to hear her damning words. Then he would have been forced to react. Now, he just stood staring at her with indecision.

That time of the season? Came the initial thought as Markus silently glared at her. Too furious to even begin to retort to her unbelievably rude way of carrying herself. Soon she inadvertently explained herself. The reason for being snappish with him. The reason was good, but Markus didn't care about her reason, for she was a criminal. He did not know the crime, but it sounded like she felt unfairly treated. Too bad for her that Markus didn't give a shyke. If she had behaved a bit more appropriately as the city fortress and his rank demanded of her, he might have felt pity for the criminal. After all, might truly not have been her fault. Rather than back off and let her deal with her anger in private, Markus attacked verbally.

"So, you're a criminal. Should I raise the alarm? Or are you trusted enough to be allowed to wander freely and carry arms? If so, you should not be so bitter, for things could be much worse for you, woman." The fury in his voice barely controlled as he spoke. He wanted to draw his blade and teach her a lesson about respect and the art of being polite.

"Besides, didn't look like you were getting any better on your own." There was no trace of the humorous undertone that often accompanied such statements from Markus. The mocking smile that appeared on his lips was a rare one for the sergeant. He usually didn't sully himself with such petty emotions. "I wonder if they would add more time to your sentence for insulting a sergeant knight." His right hand rubbed his chin as he thought about the hollow threat. It was ultimately that, a hollow threat designed to make the woman consider her words more carefully.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on April 16th, 2014, 4:03 am

It was not often one of the serpentine race, the Dhani, children of Siku, decided to join the swords of Sylir and actually succeeded. One of this rarity was Ser Shassimurisu or 'Urisu' for short, a Constrictor Dhani from Zinrah, he was a Stewart Knight and Sergeant Markus' direct superior. Being alive for about over one-and-a-half century made this particular knight wiser and composed than most younger ones. When he heard that Sergeant Markus was assigned under him, Markus was a very talented crusader, but he was young, devoted though he was, Urisu still think the young man's patience could use some work.

Taking a day off from his station, Urisu opted to watch over his new Sergeant that day and when he saw Markus heading off to the Fighter's Pit, he raised an eyebrow, that was odd, Knights and squires seldom went there as they had the Training Grounds with better equipments and competent instructors, unlike Gerard, the Order reject. So followed Markus he went, the Stewart Knight was wearing his casual clothes, an ordinary dark green shirt combined with matching pants, and a green bandanna tied on his forehead, but the three swords pin on his collar denoted his rank. The Constrictor Dhani in human form then watched as Markus approached a woman in training with a glaive in full armor.

In the back of his mind, Urisu was interested as well, he couldn't sense Sylir's mark on the woman, but her equipments were adequate for a Knight, perhaps a rich mercenary or a caravan guard? Perhaps, since Leo Valini and Kale Belmont often employed them to keep their trade safe. As the Constrictor Stewart Knight approached, he was startled to see their interactions turned to bickering, he heard Markus's words about the woman's insult to the Knighthood and the fact that she was a criminal. The tall Constrictor, but slightly shorter than Markus, then approached them both, speaking in his authoritative sibilant voice, "Attention!" He expected both of them to look at him and show some respect, Markus was certain, but that other woman? He would see.

"Sergeant Knight Markus Andres, explain." He ordered, he got a gist of the situation, but he wanted to hear it from his Sergeant's own words, also a silent test on his conduct. If one wish to lead, one must learn how to be led.

"Also, you," He turned his dark emerald green eyes at Revy, a semblance of disgust at the woman's apparent disrespect towards the knighthood flashed on his face for barely a tick before returning to his no-nonsense face, "Explain."
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 23rd, 2014, 1:53 pm

Oh god this guy was rubbing her the wrong way. She was getting really angry. Couldn't he just bloody leave her alone? Her grip only tightened around the glaive's handle. Oh how she wanted to bash that head of his in. She just wanted to train in some peace and quiet. "Do whatever you want. I haven't done anything wrong yet. However, if you keep pissing me off like this, I might do something.", she said very pissed off and trying to scare this guy away. "And if I get better or not is not your business. I'm doin' this for myself, not for some knight. Also if you want me to respect you, you'd better prove you're worth....

By then she got interrupted by another knight. This knight seemed to nearly jump at those words. However, Revy only sighed. ANOTHER knight..... could this get any worse? This guy seemed to demand respect, and honestly Revy was inclined to give it to him... strangely enough. But not right now. She still hadn't forgotten what happened the last time she was in Syliras and she wasn't going to forget it soon either.

Clacking her tongue she gave her answer: "This guy here just walked in on me training. I just want to be left alone right now. After that... well apparently he didn't like my tone, but I don't care. I ain't respecting anyone who doesn't deserve it. And to be honest.. for knights I find it rather hard to do so.", she said, "I still haven't forgotten how you guys locked me up with a rabid kelvic, nor that you guys just let some undead take me out of that prison of yours. I almost got killed coz of you guys."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 26th, 2014, 10:25 am

Markus could feel as his patience wore thin as the woman continued to speak to him in that angered and insulting tone of voice. Disrespectful threats issued to a sergeant knight. Markus simply couldn't let that slide, he would have to punish this woman for her insolent words. The images of his fist banging against her armoured hide already putting a grim smile on his lips. Perhaps there would be a bit of fun tonight. For the stranger had used precisely the wrong way to be rid of Markus, her overly rude demeanour precisely what Markus hated in strangers - no matter their reasons.

'Attention'

In the common vocabulary, there were words that had been beat into Markus until his body had finally adjusted and reacted instantly to the word. Stern Mason had made sure of that. So when the authorative command reached his inner ear, Markus' back was already straightening as he swung about to look at the newcomer. Surprise and shock painted across his face. Stayed for a tick or two before he suppressed both the anger and surprise and instead looked expressionless.

Why is he here? Of all the Stewart knights, it had to be him.

"Ser Shassimurisu." He responded, immediately, voice sharp, devoid of any of the anger that lingered in him.

Markus was annoyed, the superior had interrupted what he saw as a rightful punishment to an insolent criminal citizen. The criminal woman spoke - gave her version, still in that insolent tone. Thinking herself better than both of them. Markus unwittingly clenched both fists, but stared directly ahead. Ungrateful bitch Markus' hands clenched tighter. Teeth bit close together. He did not care for her reasons, someone must have made a mistake, but did not give her the right to badmouth the knights. By the gods he wished he could just draw his blade and put her in her place. But with a superior there, he knew his place. Grudgingly. If ser Urisu did not give the order, Markus would stay in his place. No matter how hard it would be.

"I came to find someone to spar with, felt restless. Approached this woman and she responded rudely. Her sudden and unwarranted... provocations got the better of me, ser." Markus tried to keep his tone of voice calm and professional, but the annoyance still shone through. "And to be honest, they still are, ser."
Last edited by Markus Andres on April 26th, 2014, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on April 26th, 2014, 12:50 pm

Ser Urisu listened to the words of both Markus and this new woman, being alive for more than a century made him able to control his rising emotions. If this woman was in Zinrah and Urisu was young, he would constrict her puny flesh with this forty feet giant muscles of his snake form, but alas, those days were pass him, he was now a Sword of Sylir, Crusader of Justice, Protector of Peace, he shall stay his hand. Urisu raised his right hand, ordering silence from both of them.

"I see you have some trouble with the Knighthood," He gave a scrutinizing gaze at the human female, "Syliras is protected by the Knighthood, without us, Syliras won't exist and by extension, this fighter pit won't exist, you wouldn't even be here to train here in the first place, so I suggest you appreciate our help or..." Urisu gave a gesture to the walls, "You can take your mouth outside the walls and never return, your choice, female." Of course, old habits die hard, he still called strangers by their apparent gender, such was the way of Zinrah.

"As for you, Sergeant Knight," Urisu turned his head to his direct subordinate, "I understand your need to punish this woman, to pound her into submission, is that it? Well that is not the Knight's way," The Stewart Knight then put right hand to his chest, "Honor, integrity, fairness, justice, knowledge, civilization, and faith, these are the virtues of a Knight. We shall live by the Tenants of Sylir until Death embraces us. If you can't take one loudmouth woman, then how can you resist temptation by the forces of Evil." The Stewart Knight paused, letting his words sink into him.

"As for your bickering, I suggest you both settle this the honorable way," Urisu looked to them back and forth, "Spar with each other, no live weapons, first to knock each other out wins, after that, I expect both of you to reconcile and think with your heads cleared up. Remember, no cheating or dirty tricks, and no deaths, fight with honor, Tyveth will be watching." With a huff, Urisu turned his heels then walked away from the Pits, confident his Sergeant would heed his words, as for the other woman? Only her actions would tell if she deserved the Knight's protection or a sword to her throat.

OOCAlright, this shall be my last post, you guys can continue posting as usual. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on May 6th, 2014, 12:02 am

Revy couldn't help but glare right back at that new knight. She felt a strange itch near her mark which became stronger the longer she looked at him, yet she couldn't find out why. She hadn't been in this situation yet, at least not when she was so pissed off. Because she still hadn't learned that Dhani had a human form, next to their regular snake and half-snake form, she didn't even think of this person being a Dhani. Man how she wished for a fight right now. She had to vent her frustrations.... not with shadow fighting, but with a real fight now.

The fact that she had some... issues with the knighthood was talking about it lightly. After all, she nearly lost her life due to their inability to protect their cells. A vein almost popped on her forehead as she heard his last remark, but she had to stay her hand or else she'd be in very deep shyke. And right now, she didn't want any more troubles with them then she had. "Just so you know, I ain't trusting you guys to protect anything, until you prove otherwise, 'kay?", she said, still clearly pissed off.

However, after he talked to... this other dude, he seemed to suggest something rather.... interesting. A spar to settle their dispute? Yeah that would work. She couldn't help but grin behind her visor. "A spar? Hmm, yeah that would work. Gives me more then enough to vent my anger.", she said with a rather dark undertone. Yep, she had a lot of anger to vent right now. "But no live weapons? Bah, I hate training weapons. Rarely are they balanced properly. But oh well, I'll make due with those things.", she then continued as she walked over to her sword and shield.

She sheathed her glaive, attaching the rope back to the bottom of the pole so she could easily carry it over her shoulder again. Then she grabbed her shield, slipping it onto her left arm. Ever since Falyndar that arm had been a bit stiffer. Though she worked on it, it was by no means as lean as her right. Following her picking up the shield, she walked over to the weapons. It didn't take her long to pick her weapon. After all, there was one weapon with which she was confident, and that was a longsword. Ever since she set out as a mercenary, she never used a different weapon. So for this time as well, she'd pick it.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on May 11th, 2014, 7:24 pm

The sergeant did well to hide the smirk on his lips when the stewart knight scolded the woman for her terribly disrespectful attitude towards the knights. For soon the eyes levelled upon Markus and he felt like a page again. Being explained the basic principles of the knighthood. It was a frustrating and humbling experience. Markus nodded as he conceded to his ser's words. He could see the truth in his words - they were fair. Markus opened his mouth and spoke a simple response.

"I am sorry, ser, I will try to control myself in the future." Respectful, but firm voice. He had to fight to keep the curl from appearing on his lips again when Urisu spoke again. Giving Markus what he had been hoping for in a simple offering. A spar with the woman. To put her in her place once and for all and silence her tongue full of contempt and anger. To sate his own anger. Another nod to his superior before the older knight turned to leave. Markus spun to face the woman. Unfortunately the women was correct when it came to using training weapons. Both wore heavy armour, ought not be necessary. But he would not contradict a superior's orders. Never. Markus unstrapped the belt that held his bastard sword and the dagger. He pondered if his many teethed shield also counted as a real weapon. It would require exposed flesh for him to tear open flesh with the shield, so he kept the shield. Placed the weapons against the ground and found a bastard sword on the weapon rack. Weighed it in his hand. Different kind of balance, but he had held enough blades to be able to compensate for the slight altercation. With a smouldering glare at the woman he turned to the centre of the sparring area. Withdrew the shield that was attached to his back and slid his left hand into the straps. Getting a feel for the weapon.

Part of him was starting to get very excited. The woman seemed confident in herself. Which either meant she would wake up to a reality where he beat her ass with ease or she actually knew what she would be doing, which would make it all the more enjoyable to beat her up and have her stop the insolent words towards the knights.

"Well. Do you even have a name? Mine is Markus Andres, sergeant knight of the 2nd wing, Brown Company, 2nd Regiment, Silver Quadron." - The tone wasn't hostile, in fact, it was surprisingly at ease despite the annoyance he felt towards her. The steel brandished in his right hand. The metal heater in the other. Armour ready. His left hand rose to put on the helmet. Soon it was secured and he was entombed in his armour for the rest of this battle.

"Let us get to it, woman. Show me what you can do." A simple challenge as he slid his right foot back. Raised his sword in a high guard. Shield pointed at her and his knees slightly bend. Entire form ready to spring at her and teach her humility.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Next