Important Question is Important

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Sunette on April 8th, 2014, 11:49 pm

So, this question needs to be answered before I can solo about Sunette's past.

How do Symenestra conduct funerals? Do they? How do they generally react to death, with the whole "blood is sacred" thing?

Send help. :paranoid:
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Touch The Waves (Midday) 29th of Spring, 514 AV In progress
A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men (Midnight) 28th-29th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Always My Thoughts And The Moon (Midnight) 31st of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Shop Till You Drop (Midday) 32st of Spring, 514 AV In progress
The Fairer Sex (Night) 35th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Friendship and Cravings 42nd of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Sunette
The kiss of death is soft and sweet

Words: 43708
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Ablation on April 9th, 2014, 9:13 am

If it isn't written up in the lore than there is nothing official saying how it is done. You can take this one of two ways, ask the creator of the race for the answer and add it to the wiki for future reference and then do it or apply in the HD for a peer review to allow you to add that into the wiki yourself (if you can't get a hold of the creator) and then play it out once it is official. :) I hope this helps!
Ablation
Retired Staff

Words: 276726
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 9th, 2014, 2:14 pm

There is this location in Kalinor. It does not talk about funerals, but it does say how they store the bodies after death, so perhaps that could be useful.

There is also this bit-

The walls that surround the pool are not made of stone, but of a fabric that is just thin enough that you can see the parts of the temple behind it, vague shapes, countless dead bodies. The blood pool is surrounded by a labyrinth of countless hallways and chambers, filled with dead upon dead, wrapped in precious silk and treated with special mixtures to keep the decay and the smell of death at bay. Only Symenestra rest in the temple. Surrogates don’t receive a proper burial. Their dead bodies are thrown on the cavern floor where they decay or are eaten by whatever vicious creatures lurk down there.

So I would think that's how they prepare the dead, at least for Sym's in Kalinor. The funeral itself however, I am unsure.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)