PM to join A nature walk(Xira,Lysa,Clover)

A few of the Sanc's denizens meet up with Clover to look for herbs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A nature walk(Xira,Lysa,Clover)

Postby Lyn'nice on April 17th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Spring 16th 514AV
Mid-morning

Lyn'nice waited among the stalls in the market. The normal meeting place for Clover and her. Today's outing was a tad different from the two Konti's slipping off and into grassland forests. No, today was sure to be more fun and noisier than normal as she had invited two extra people to join them.

The new arrival to the Sanctuary family, Xira the courier. A nice guy in general. Beside bringing them a special tree, having a horse named Snow, and liking books, Lyn'nice didn't really know Xira much.

Same could be said about Lyn'nice's other guest the elusive Vantha, Lysa. She liked sea food, wanted to visit Mura, had marking from the winter queen... But that's where her knowledge of Lysa ended.

She had invited them on a whim and an idea that maybe some time out and away from the Sanctuary they could learn more about one another. Maybe even consider one another buddies of some sort. Lyn'nice hoped so, they were a family now and what good was a family if they weren't your friends? Or if you didn't trust them? Not that not trusting them was the issue. Honestly Lyn'nice thought Xira would enjoy the sights along the way being new to Riverfall and that Lysa could use the social interaction and fresh air. Her intention was just to have some fun and pick a pretty flower or two.

Lyn'nice observed the marketplace watching people as they passed. Watched stalls open and their goods dispayed. The sleepy market to which Lyn'nice had arrived to was slowly waking up, shaking off a night's sleep and letting it's colorful tarps and awnings open to bask in the sun.
a funny factmy brother's cat was fighting a blanket in a fit of crazy on top of a recliner and fell off with quite the thud as I wrote the last paragraph.
Lyn'nice
Player

Words: 62054
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 11:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clover Na'tome on April 18th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Clover Na'tome

Image16th of Spring, 514AV

It was mid-morning. Clover and Lyn'nice, the Konti duo, were going for another herb hunt. But this time Lyn'nice said she had invited some friends of hers. Then she woke up and remembered that she had to get ready and go. She woke up and sat up slowly; she rubbed her eyes and scratched her head.
"Alright, time to get dressed." Clover's morning voice wasn't the most lady-like one. She looked out her small window and noticed the bright sun. Clover practically jumped out of bed and sped walked to her chest with her clothes in it. She got dressed in her usual attire, white shirt and black pants, and of course, her cloak. After she was dressed she combed and brushed her hair. She quickly made some herbal tea, drank it, and was out the door. She coughed trying to get rid of her morning voice which sounded groggy. "Ahem... Grrr... Ahem." Her hilarious morning voice was gone. After that she made her way to the market.
When Clover made it to the market, she walked around and looked for Lyn'nice. When Clover found her she walked towards her and shouted,"Lynnie!" No too loud so everyone was annoyed, but not so quiet Lyn'nice couldn't hear her. When she arrived at her side she smiled,"How's your morning so far?"
Clover loved the feeling of the sun beaming on her skin. The breeze felt wonderful.

Kontinese - Common - Tukant
Thoughts

Clover Na'tome - Madalyn "Hatter" Reese
I'm going to inactive during July
Clover Na'tome
Love is the best medicine, but herbs work too

Words: 11620
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xira Hezmek on April 23rd, 2014, 7:50 pm

That morning the bubbly Lyn'nice had gone to the city to fetch a friend she was eager to introduce to both him and Lysa. Someone named Clover. Lysa and Xira were to meet the two konti at the gates of Riverfall to go on some adventure. The young man's jaw cracked from the force of a yawn. He had stayed up late the night before and it left a ring under his eyes.

Sleep eluded him that night and he spent much of it wandering the halls of the within. It was true he both enjoyed staying up and loathed waking early, but even he wished to sleep at some point. The soft sounds of dreamers made him envious of what he lacked.

Naturally he had a haggard expression as he went to the commons to retrieve his breakfast. The scent of fresh bread, hot tea and coffee roused his tired soul. With food and drink in his belly he felt a new man. The claws of sleeplessness crouched in the background waiting to pounce even as he was energized. Perhaps during the day he would forget his weariness, or maybe his interactions with his new friends would help.

The denizens of the Sanctuary came and went as Xira waited for Lysa. He closed his eyes for a moment and found himself nodding into his tea. Catching himself before his nose hit the hot liquid he jumped to his feet, adrenaline filling his body. That would have been embarrassing. He thought.

He looked about for the vantha woman. Where could she be?

oocThe two of us will meet up with you guys at the gates. My next post will be travelling and arrival there. :)
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Lysaea Frostfawn on May 28th, 2014, 11:04 am

Lysa honestly wanted to hit herself in the face with whatever she was holding in her hand at that moment. She was an idiot, forgetting about going herb hunting (something or other) with Lyn'nice, Xira and Lyn'nice's friend. Well technically speaking, she didn't forget; more like remembered and then looked at the sun and internally killed herself before dashing off back to the sanctuary to meet with Xira since he was more than likely waiting for her.

So there it was, the young woman sprinting as fast as she could back to the sanctuary. Luckily she was towards the fit side otherwise she would have probably collapsed before even making it half way. As it was, she managed to make 3/4 of the way before she stumbled over her feet and stopped to allow herself to catch her breath.

Wow, she really was getting a workout. First she hunted for the Sanctuary and returned back out, only to then give chase to a thief and meeting a Svefra. She shook her head and took a deep lungful of air in. Breathing deeply was the best way to recover someone's breath, she knew. Once she decided she had garnered enough stamina to make it back in one shot, she resumed her dash towards the Sanctuary, focusing on moving her arms and legs in perfect sync so she could utilise as much speed as possible.

Finally, she managed to see the doors of the Sanctuary and allowed a giant smile to break on her face. From that point on, she now only needed to find Xira. She judged that by the time it appeared to be, he either would be already up and about or eating breakfast. If he was up and about, she'd be in some trouble but she'd worry herself about that later if she couldn't find him. For now, it seemed going to the eating area in the Within was her best non-tiring bet.

As she went down the stairs of the Sanctuary, she couldn't help but muse. A season ago, she hadn't known head or tail of the place but now, she was more than certain that traversing around it with her eyes closed was now a viable option. Now that was a funny thought. She smiled slightly in amusement. Imagine that.

At last, she pulled up to her destination and walked inside, a brisk pace indeed. She then looked around for the head of Xira floating around. For a second she couldn't see him but by the next, she had seen him nod into his tea and fall asleep.

"Hey Xira, you look tired; and startled. Sorry about being late," she said apologetically yet with an amused smile, fast approaching him, her backpack still on shoulders with her smallspear strapped firmly against it. She wasn't going to lose that again. As she stopped when she decided she was close enough, the thought of that the state of her appearance was less than desirable found time to sink in causing her to feel a little embarrassed. The Vantha had already had several face-to-face encounters with the floor and her clothes weren't looking the tidiest. Neither was her hair for that matter. Then again, she had never really ever had good morning hair and she had forgoed brushing it that day too. Oh well, nothing she could do about that now (except hope that she didn't stink).

Instead of letting the awareness show on her face, she inclined her head towards the side and gestured towards his tea and pretended she didn't bother about her clothing (or wild hair).

"Do you want to wait till you've finished your tea? Or go now?" she continued, aware that by the time she had reached the Sanctuary, it was already mid-morning and probably at least a little past their meeting time.

Lysaea Frostfawn
Player

Words: 68197
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyn'nice on May 28th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Lyn'nice smiled and waved Clover over, "Clover, how have you been? It seems like we haven't gone out in ages!" She smiled happily, "I hope you don't mind that I invited some other people today too. Although, I'm not sure if one of them will show up... She's reclusive, barely comes out around people. Her name is Lysaea, if you think it's fun to say you should try and spell it. Lyn'nice was not the best with spelling, which made the foreign name even harder to write. We just call her Lysa, easier all around. I'm not sure why she's so... or rather why she doesn't come out more..."

"But the other guest I invited will most certainly be showing up. He's not from around here, so I thought we could show him some of the beautiful greenery around here."

People were starting to fill the market and the two Konti chatting in a corner of the market caught the eyes of several men. It wasn't that they were dressed in any flesh showing clothes. The simple fact that they were women drew attention, more so for them as they were the daughters of the sea. Konti.

"Come on, I told Xira to meet us by the city wall. I hope he doesn't get lost, being new to the area. But he's a courier so... He must have good directional skills, right? Oh that reminds me, if we see a catnip bush I want to pick some. There's a Kelvic back at the sanctuary named Cadra and she's a cat. She's such a sweetie, I thought she might enjoy some catnip if we found any. Are you looking for anything in general, Clover? As for Xira I think teaching him anything he could apply to his travels would be appreciated. But we can ask him when he gets here. As for Lysa, maybe a pretty flower or two might help."
Lyn'nice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clover Na'tome on May 28th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Clover Na'tome

ImageClover smiled back, "I'm doing great, thank you for asking. No, I don't mind, I'm actually really excited to meet your friends, I'm not very sociable, so being around more than one person should help me conquer my shyness."
Lyn'nice began to speak. "Come on, I told Xira to meet us by the city wall." Clover nodded as the Konti began to walk to the city gates.
"Are you looking for anything in general, Clover?" Lyn'nice asked. "Hm, IS there anything in particular I'm looking for?" Then she remembered,"Well, recently I became interested in finding out why my mother named me Clover. Then she told me it was because of her love for the herbs Red Clover and just plain Clovers. So I want to know if there are any here."
As the Konti made their way to the city gates, Clover began to think. "What if they don't like me? I shouldn't worry about it, they sound nice. Oh, what are their names again?" "Lynnie? What are their names again? Lysa and Xira, right? I hope I don't forget their names, or get them wrong." Clover believed she did get the names right, and hoped she didn't forget them, she thought of if she did forget one of their names, "Heh, it would be silly to forget such wonderful names like Lysaea and Xira."
Thoughts

Clover Na'tome

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xira Hezmek on June 4th, 2014, 6:37 pm

"Hello there Lysaea! It looks like you found me." He smiled warmly, still bleary eyed from his notable lack of sleep. He gulped down the scalding tea quickly before eyeing the vantha up and down. She seemed out of breath and weary, as if she had ran the distance between here and Riverfall in one go. "No need, I am ready to go."

He pulled his things off the table, the backpack with provisions, his sword and sheath. He settled them on his back or on his hip respectively and turned to Lysa, "Lyn'nice said we were to meet her at the city wall, then we can go hunting for medicinals and herbs to use around the Sanctuary." He had been about to say "around the house" or "home". It was only a handful of days and already he was starting to think of the Sanctuary as his home. It wasn't, he was staying as a guest from their gracious host, but the place was certainly comfortable enough to forget that.

"We shouldn't dally too long, but I did manage to snag some rolls for the trip to Riverfall... if you wanted to share them with me on the way." He gave his companion a large smile and pulled from his pack, without looking or taking it off of his back, a cloth covered bundle of rolls still steaming from the that morning's breakfast. "In any case, lets be off."

He offered on to her before he led her back up the stairs she came from. The two of them made their way quickly and efficiently out of the complex and back onto the path. Not that there was much of a path to and from the Sanctuary, a trail really, but it was enough to afford a measure of safety between the two locations.

"So did Lyn'nice tell you what exactly we were doing today?" He asked Lysaea politely, "I was just told that we were to meet at the walls and that she had a friend of hers that she wanted us to meet." And so they made small talk as they walked along. By the time it was mid day they made it to their destination.

Xira looked about for the konti woman who would be leading their grand expedition... wherever that may be.
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Lysaea Frostfawn on June 9th, 2014, 1:26 am

Image 16th Day of Spring 514 AV Image

Lysaea smiled back at the man and noticed his lack of sleep. She then just stood there as he gulped his tea down. From her observations, it seemed pretty hot. She shuddered to think of how someone could drink something like that in mere seconds without burning their throat.

Lysa nodded and moved backwards to give Xira some space as he gathered his things and got out of his seat.

"I got that much," she said with a smile as he pointed out the day's mission. She wondered about what she could learn about herbs on their trip. She hoped she would become more knowledgeable about them in the very least. The only things she knew about them was that herbs were plants; which was standard knowledge to most people.

"Sure," she said as she grabbed a roll off him and subconsciously yelped as the heat from the bread didn't mix well with her hand. "Sorry," she apologised, slightly embarrassed from her outburst. She never did well with touching burning objects.

To avoid playing catch with the roll being the ball, she tapped her gnosis and willed for a bit of frost to creep onto the bread from the slight dampness in it. She sighed in relief as it worked and she managed to hold it without trouble.

As the two made their way to the meeting place, they walked in silence for a few moments before Xira asked her whether Lyn'nice told her what they were doing that day.

"Nope, I pretty much have the same idea as you," she responded with a small sigh, she hated being in the dark, "Besides the point, have you ever found the walls look slightly daunting?"

And so they continued to their destination where Lysa also looked around for Lyn'nice. The Vantha scanned her eyes amongst the crowd of people before making out the Konti. "There!" she exclaimed to Xira, pointing towards Lyn. There was another Konti next to her and she assumed that she was her friend.

She then proceeded to make her way towards the two, waving at them with a small smile planted on her face.
Lysaea Frostfawn
Player

Words: 68197
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyn'nice on June 9th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Lyn'nice rushed from Clover's side to greet them, "Hey guys! Were we easy enough to find?" She asked concerned that the two had been looking forever. "It's a great day for a walk, not too hot but not chilly either. We lucked out!"

She led the two over to Clover, "Lysa, Xira, this is Clover...We're still checking in to whether or not we may be distant relatives." She added a slight nervous laugh.

"Ah Clover, this is Lysa. She comes all the way from Avanthal. Her hair shimmers different colors, it's so pretty. Her eyes change colors sometimes too. So if you look over and they're a different color you're not losing your mind."

She turned to Xira, "And this fine gentleman is Xira. He's the courier I told you about. Hopefully he can learn some things to help him out on the road if he ever needs it. Plus, he really just got here and I thought we could show him some of the sights."

She smiled, while she would of never shown it she had been afraid they weren't going to show. "I know we can show you the miner's lettuce and lemon grass. But what else we find is up to nature."
Lyn'nice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clover Na'tome on June 17th, 2014, 10:56 pm

16th of Spring, 514AV

When Clover was introduced to Lysa of course she smiled,"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lysa." and the same thing when she was introduced to Xira. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Xira."

Clover felt relief,"Keep up the good work, Clover! You're getting closer to conquering your shyness." She slightly nodded to herself.

"Oh yes, I remember the miner's lettuce and the lemon grass. But beware that I don't know the names to all of the herbs. Also, I recently found out the clovers are indeed edible. And that they're found just anywhere grassy! Personally, I hoping to find some out on our walk." Clover cleared her throat,"I apologize. I get the impression I'm rambling." She brushed her bangs away from her eyes. "Well, shall we get going then? I'm excited for today." She said with a big smile on her face. Clover was very cheerful and had excellent manners, but sometimes she thought of herself as a mature child. She always found herself smiling and getting excited about something.

OOCI'm so sorry I haven't replied! I've been quite busy with school, but I have some free time on my hands sometimes. So I'll be sure to reply a soon as I can. Also, thank you for waiting for me to take my turn :)
Thoughts

Clover Na'tome

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next