Solo [Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]When Jumping Isn't Enough

Ball is out in the fields... Practicing his moves

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]When Jumping Isn't Enough

Postby Ball on April 24th, 2014, 6:09 pm

3rd of Spring 514AV

Ball decided to leave Imass behind at the outpost as he strolled out into the fields beyond the wall, he wasn’t far out, but he was out enough to be out of harm’s way. Having found a rock that was high enough up that he could see over the tall rushes of grass and wheat that stretched as far as the eyes could see the squire took a deep breathe in. Ball had tried to quiet the world around him before, but it was always a failed attempt. He just can’t quiet down the humdrum of the wind, animals, and earth. So instead of trying to quiet it down the clay-squire decided to try and use it in tandem to his current knowledge.

Exhaling Ball shifted his right leg out just slightly before he bent as his ‘knees’, a pause in this position didn’t last long as Ball inhaled again and then jumped upward into the air, his jump wasn’t a very high one, he didn’t have much of a start to get high enough, nor did he have the leg length to push that far off the ground with, he stood three inches tall, his legs were no more than three-quarters of an inch long, meaning his knees weren’t quite half an inch off the ground. Yet it was enough force to push his small body into the air straight up.

Not able to see the tops of the a stalks Ball wasn’t too worried about that at this moment in time, instead at the apex of his jump Ball shifted his head, shoulders, and upper body mass backwards, causing a soft arch in his body to form and thus carry his form into a backwards moving arch… A backflip made of arching clay that would result in him heading head-first quite rapidly towards the rock he originally stood upon.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 24th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Said head dive became a full dive in form as Ball brought his arms over his head to stop his fall, luckily he wasn’t moving very fast, nor very far off from the rock as his arms came out else it would’ve hurt a lot more than he would’ve wanted. Hands spread out to help diffuse the weight of his body through his arms, into his hands, and ultimately into the rock below him the expert py-ken artist paused on the surface of the rock, feet pointing towards the sky and his body positioned pretty much straight and narrow.

Yet straight and pointing to the sky didn’t last long as his body finished the arch that he started early and Ball’s feet started to fold over his body, completing a second arching motion . The three inch squire’s feet planted themselves firmly on the ground, his body now performing a bridge form that he was having trouble getting out of. Growling at his inability to stand Ball flexed his arms so that they bent at his ‘elbows’ slightly and the squire roared loudly as his hands pushed off the warm hard earth and propelled his upper body to a standing position.

Teetering and tottering for several ticks to maintain and stabilize his balance the pycon just wasn’t able to succeed and he was forced to fall backwards. No amount of contorting would save his body from this impact and Ball found himself laying on his back looking up at the blue skies above. Sighing Ball stood up on his feet once more. Bracing himself as he looked first up at the sky and then down at his hands and feet.

Something I am doing wrong here will not allow me to fulfill what I want to do here. I want to jump high enough to be able to coil up tightly and roll backwards in midair for several ticks before landing once again… Ball inhaled gently and bounced a few times on his feet, gaining the feel this time of his weight and the force he could bounce with.

Maybe if I coil my legs like I do my body in combat…

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on May 9th, 2014, 6:13 pm

With each bounce of his own feet Ball pushed himself off the rock's surface, well at the same time he coiled the inner mass of clay in his legs tighter and tighter, each bounce adding more and more clay stretch to twist into the coil. It didn't take long for Ball to have to force a jump out of his limbs and so jump he did. Once the small squire's jump had reached it's limit in height Ball scrunched his body up tightly and then with a push upwards as if jumping once again Ball released the coiled tension within his body and propelled even further into the air.

This time he cleared the tops of the stalks, seeing the outpost's wall towering high above his being, it was the closest to flying the small squire could manage in his lifetime thus far (minus being thrown) and Ball was enjoying it. Soon though the pycon knew he had to force his upper body to overcompensate and take over his directional path and that time was coming soon enough.

His body was meeting air resistance now and Ball knew it was time to do the aforementioned overcompensation and started to arch his body backwards, causing the rest of his body to loop along with it, now instead of allowing his body to just fall straight back to the ground like he did early the Pycon squire forced his body to continue in the path he was taking it.

Curling his body so it kept going in that circular fashion Ball had managed to perform his first backflip ever, and probably not his last. Once he completed it Ball allowed his body to be taken over by gravity and he landed with a heavy thud on the rock's surface, a minimal tuck forward and Ball rolled himself off the rock and onto softer ground which allowed him to roll back up onto his feet and keep walking forward.

A sigh of relief and Ball looked in the direction he saw the outpost in and started in that direction. It was time to go back to his mount and the outpost... There was work to be done.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nightmare on May 9th, 2014, 6:26 pm

Name

Skills:
1. Acrobatics +3
2. Meditation +1

Lores:
1. Acrobatics: How to do a backflip
2. Acrobatics: Pycon coiling to do a backflip
3. Py-jump, like flying

Notes :
Always a pleasure to read your stuff. Short, quick and simple. A perfect foundation with a narrow focus. Enjoy your grades!

Credit Lenz
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)