[Bitt's Scrapbook] A Bitt of Fun

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Bitt on April 26th, 2014, 3:59 pm

I figured it was about time I got myself one of these.

*Looks around the empty thread*

Yes, this will do nicely. Anyway! My first post comes with a quick doodle of Bitt I drew... I use MS paint and a mouse, so be warned that quality is not the aim of the game for my artwork :P

Doodle of Bitt :

Also, while you're here, check out this music video:

DARE :

If you're not familiar with the Gorillaz, they have some of the best animated music videos around. This is one of my personal favourites.

Until next time!

-Bitt

"Bitt's Speech" | Bitt's Thoughts | NPC

Signature Credits: Yuri
Bitt
The Squire

Words: 115508
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Nivel on May 1st, 2014, 5:38 pm

Since I'm trying to get back into drawing (which I've become pretty rusty at) I though I would try drawing Bitt
Secret :

It's really rough and I think I'm missing a few things but what you gonna do.
I still like your Ms Paint creations especially cuddles :P

That was really nice I haven't seen many Gorillaz videos, as far as animated music videos I think this is my favourite
Secret :
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Bitt on May 6th, 2014, 7:38 am

Nivel! That is awesome! Seriously! I love it! You've captured him perfectly there! I am envious of people who can draw realistically so well! I could never get the knack for it; I'll stick to my silly cartoons. :P

An awesome music video too. I was like o.O while watching it. Very quirky!

Thanks! I love Snuggles too; as a general rule of thumb I'm better at animals than people. :)

Anyway, I'm writing Bitt's training thread to get him started with the quarterstaff. It's slow-going, so I took a break. Among other things I drew a quick doodle to try and get my muse back.

Doodle... Just a little Bitt :

Also, here's another song. Not (completely) an animated music video, but from an animated movie. Phil Collins has been driving my writing the last week or so, so I thought I'd give the man some credit.

Mr. Collins :

Until next time,

Bitt!

Bitt
The Squire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Radiant on May 6th, 2014, 7:49 am

*Ahem*

TARZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

*Strolls out like a Jamoura, Stealth Jamoura*
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Bitt on May 7th, 2014, 1:59 am

Hello, Mizahar!

So, I'm still working on that quarterstaff solo. Research. Research. Research. Unfortunately, most of the videos on Youtube I found initially featured heavy-set gentlemen who were clearly playing at fighting. While this is fine, it was not exactly what I was looking for.

Finally, I found a couple of nice videos. I might share a couple of them here, partly to help others and partly to give myself an easy reference.

Quarterstaff Videos :

Still, these videos barely scratched the surface. The written documents I read, while informative, could only take me so far...

Then, you have these guys:

Walking, Living Embodiment of Awesome :

Technically, these are Bo-staff techniques. That being said, I think I may use a combination of both quarterstaff and bo-staff techniques when I develop Bitt's personal fighting style. In this regard, I am glad I didn't start with any points in the weapon skill. I have to slowly build it up IC, learn as I go, and as Bitt gets better at using the staff, I'll get better at portraying it in my writing... hopefully.

Finally, something slightly off-topic, but an amazing video all the same.

Fighting As A Viking: Sword and Shield :

The way he describes some of the basic bio-mechanics of combat; things like tempo, etc. is so clear and easy to understand. Watching this made me want to make a Viking-inspired character... and I very well might, down the track.

A must-watch for anyone using a sword and shield. Sure, you're specific weapons/functions might differ slightly than the ones in this video, but the same basic concepts are solid.

It's amazing how much research we have to put in to try and realistically portray these kind of things. It's like we, the people behind the PCs, learn alongside our characters. I think that's pretty neat.

Until next time,

Bitt... eh, petch it. My OOC Name is Chris, I'll sign off with it in my scrap from now on.

Until next time,

Chris

P.S. Screw it, while we're doing this, here's a pic as well.

Chris :

Yes, I know I look a bit younger than I said I am; this picture is a Bitt over a year old. I just noticed it in My Documents while I was writing this and thought 'what the heck'. I don't take photos often, so I honestly don't have any recent ones on my computer... but you get the idea. *shrugs*

Bitt
The Squire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Bitt on May 16th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Hello Mizahar!

What time is it? It's time for another scrap. Alrighty then, so, what's new? Not much really, both IC and out. This scrap stemmed from a discussion I had in chat. Basically, I figured I'd share with all of you one of the stupid things me and a friend get up to when we get drunk.

Basically, we'll drink a LOT of alcohol, then write + record a song from scratch. There is no prior planning, and we just go with whatever. We actually created a fictional 4-member band (there are 2 of us) called The Weeping Swallows. Again, also a drunken idea... but part of the rules is that we can't change things once sober, so... yeah.

I should probably mention that I am the first singer in this particular track... it's one of my favourites.

An Embarrassing Song :

I would like to remind any listeners that I was VERY VERY drunk when this all happened. I'm actually almost a decent singer when I'm sober... this is just drunken fun-times.

Anyway, that's it for now. A Bitt of fun.

Kind regards,

Chris

P.S. The 'recording studio' is not a song. It is VERY VERY stupid in character ramblings + fail improvisations. Do not listen to it. Seriously.

Bitt
The Squire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Bitt on May 26th, 2014, 2:39 pm

To all of my friends at Mizahar,

The last few days have thrown me for a loop... seriously, it's been one bad thing after another. I haven't really been at home much. Most of my time has been spent either at a relative's house, at the police station or at the hospital. In no particular order, here are the three 'main' incidents that have occurred.

First: My brother was in a car accident. He's a little roughed up, but he should be fine. The car he was driving (my car) was not so lucky. Seriously, when you look at the state of the car it's amazing he wasn't hurt more than he was. He rolled that thing a couple of times into a small thicket, etc, etc.

Second: My younger sister (16) was sexually assaulted. So now begins a long legal process regarding all of that shit, plus the sea of rage I am struggling to quell. To make matters worse, the guy was an associate of mine (not a friend, at least... but still, just knowing that I knew the guy and may have indirectly... anyway, best not to dwell on that thought).

Third: My grandmother was diagnosed with something. I can't remember the name (it was a long medical one). Not cancer, but basically something is pretty darn wrong with her intestines. I mean, a least she and my brother were in the same hospital for a little while there... so that's something.

I'll be blunt: reality just kicked the absolute petch out of my muse. I tried writing, hoping it would cheer me up, but after 2 hours, 50 crappy words and teeth sore from grinding them, I realised it was a no-go.

If I am currently threading with you: I will not abandon the threads. I will get some posts done. Somehow. Just bear with me, I'll likely be slow with those replies.

If I promised you a thread in the summer: If you really want it, PM me. A promise is a promise... but I ask that you excuse me from any future threading plans indefinitely, if you don't mind too much.

In regards to that other thing I've been talking about in chat... it may have to wait until I get back. If I try to do it now, it will be half-arsed, and Mizahar doesn't deserve that.

I know what I'm doing is kind of a stooge move. But my schedule just got a LOT tighter and my family gets first preference in regards to 'where I allot my free time.' I truly, TRULY, apologise for any inconveniences this causes... I feel like a schmuck. The darker side of reality smashed into me this week, and it knocked me to the ground. If I could suffer in my loved-one's place, I would. Having to watch. Not knowing how to help. Feeling powerless to help... it's awful.

I hope I'll be back on my feet soon,

Bitt

Bitt
The Squire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Radiant on May 26th, 2014, 2:43 pm

*Hugs Bitt* I hope everything works out for you and your family, Bitt.

Come back here soon, we miss you already.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aoren on May 26th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Hey there Bitt,

Sending many positive thoughts and vibes your way. Don't stress yourself out with Mizahar shenanigans. You've got far more important things on your mind at the moment. Take care and know we will be here when you feel comfortable enough to return.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nivel on May 26th, 2014, 5:04 pm

I really hope things get considerably better for you as soon as possible. I'm not threading with you at the moment, but I know any one that is should understand.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)