Completed [Soothing Waters Bath and Massage]A Sticky Situation Pt II

Crowe seeks healing for his squire, Bitt

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Soothing Waters Bath and Massage]A Sticky Situation Pt II

Postby Bitt on May 8th, 2014, 8:49 pm

53rd Day of Spring, 514 AV

Apart from the occasional "you alright lad?" from Crowe, Bitt and his patron made the journey from the Antinous Training Grounds to Soothing Waters in relative silence. It was a slow, painful process for the young squire, with every step being accompanied by a jolt of pain. They passed several other people, knights and citizens alike, but no one stopped to question the pair. Knights trained, sometimes they got hurt, and life went on. Finally, they reached their destination. The tall, double-doored entryway ushered them to the large courtyard which constituted Soothing Waters. All that was left, was a series of-
More stairs... great.
Bitt had to navigate more than one staircase during his journey. It was not a pleasant experience. More than once, he considered throwing himself down the steps, just so that he could get the ordeal over with.
It's going to hurt either way...
Instead, the squire grit his teeth and, with Crowe's support, reached the receptionist. It was moments like these in which Bitt was grateful for the deference knights received. Despite the general hustle and bustle around them, people didn't get too close.

"Hello there. What can I help-"
"Not now Ivis, the lad's hurt. Is the lass in?"
"Nice to see you too, Ser Crowe." Ivis was a young, handsome man. There was an elegance to the way he spoke, a confidence. It wasn't arrogance, just a calm certainty."Of course she's in, but she's with someone at the moment, so you'll have to wait." Ivis turned his attention to Bitt, as if noticing him for the first time, "Lad, was it? You look familiar. Have you come here before?"
"I co' ere 'vry na' n den." Bitt's lip remained swollen, so the squire still slurred his speech. If anything, he suspected that it had gotten worse since he'd left the training grounds. Ivis raised an eyebrow at the answer;
"Every now-and-then, is it? I see." Ivis wrinkled his nose, prompting a small chuckle from Crowe, and Bitt felt embarrassed. His face flushed slightly, but given the large bruise that had already started to form, it was barely noticeable.
I need to start coming here more often.

Several chimes passed, and Bitt was forced to wait. All of Crowe's attempts to speed up the process were met with cold logic delivered by a warm voice. Ivis could talk circles around the older knight, and so he was forced to be patient. Occasionally, Bitt would hear his patron grumbling to himself; the phrase "young people" was a recurring theme. At first, Bitt tried to grin at Crowe's sulking, but it hurt too much to do so. Talking was another ill-advised activity for the young squire, so he suffered in silence.

Finally, a young, red-haired woman approached Ivis and, unlike all the women who had come before her, she caused Crowe to react.
"Well, she sure took her sweet time." Crowe said, his voice barely a whisper. Again, Bitt tried to smile, and again it proved too painful.
I don't think I was supposed to hear that.
"Hello, Ser Crowe. It's been a while. Who have you broken this time?"
"Don't mind Calyna, lad. She's actually a nice lass once you get to know her." The woman, who Crowe had identified as Calyna, addressed Crowe with her hands folded over her chest, wearing her annoyance like armour. At the older knights words, which were directed at Bitt instead of her, she blushed slightly, her hastily constructed armour crumbling to dust.
"Don't call me lass, old man! I hate it when you do that!" She was angry, but it was the type of anger one would direct towards a family member. Crowe chuckled at the reaction, turning back towards his squire.
"I've known Calyna since she was a little lass, even younger than you, lad. I was one of her first patients when old Coltan showed her the- ah... sorry, lass." Crowe's words seemed to visibly drain some of the energy out of the the younger woman.
I wonder who Coltan is...
"Don't worry about it Crowe," Calyna dismissed the whole thing with a wave of her hand, "So, what seems to be the problem?" Her last question was directed at Bitt, and she cocked her head slightly while she studied him.
Last edited by Bitt on May 9th, 2014, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Bitt's Speech" | Bitt's Thoughts | NPC

Signature Credits: Yuri
Bitt
The Squire

Words: 115508
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Bitt on May 9th, 2014, 9:15 am

"By Rak'keli, Crowe. What did you do to the poor boy?" Bitt, Crowe and Calyna had made their way to one of the small side-rooms used for healing and massage. The young squire sat shirtless on top of a narrow, padded table, which he later found out was something like a 'massage bed'. Calyna, the red-headed woman who was to treat him, poked and prodded the massive bruise on his abdomen, as well as his swollen face.
She's so gentle...
Bitt barely noticed when her touch passed over him, as if he were being caressed by a feather. Yet, somehow, the brief contact seemed to tell her all she needed to know about his wounds.
"Well, nothing's broken, at least. Don't worry... Bitt, was it? I'll have you back on your feet breaking things and hitting stuff in no time." She smiled at him then, it was a warm, comforting thing. She clearly didn't approve of violence, but all the same she'd patch up the people who came to see her.
I like this person.
Bitt decided. She was doing a good thing, and that was good. Plus, she was a friend of Crowe's, which spoke highly for her in the young squire's books.

"O, 'ow, 'es tis 'ork? A C'eam, o' S'mt'in?" Bitt was curious as to how Calyna would treat him. He suspected a cream and some bandages would be the most likely course of action, after all, that's the type of stuff doctors did. Crowe and Calyna were both silent for a few moments as they stared at Bitt, they each had an eyebrow raised. They turned to look at each other, seemed to communicate something with their eyes, turned back towards Bitt, and started laughing hysterically. Bitt turned red to the ears.
"Wa's 'o f'ny!?"Bitt slurred out, and in his haste accidentally dribbled onto his trousers. Noticing this, his two seniors laughed even harder.
"Crowe. I. Think. I. Love. Him. He's. Adorable." Calyna managed to choke out between giggles. If it weren't for the fact that he was starting to resemble a tomato, Bitt would have likely considered that the sound of it was rather pleasent.
"I'm sorry lad, but did you really not know that a lot of the people here are marked by Rak'keli?" Crowe asked. He'd already calmed down, but Calyna was still giggling slightly.
"Ra'eli? Who i' da?"
"He doesn't know who Rak'keli is? What have you been teaching the poor boy Crowe? Wait. Don't answer. I don't care." Calyna held up a hand to stem whatever response Crowe was about to give, "She's the Goddess of Healing, Bitt. Through her gnosis mark, a connection to her divinity, I can magically heal the sick and the wounded. Look, I'll show you."

Calyna laid her hands on either side of Bitt's face and stared into his eyes.
"Now, this might feel a little strange, but bear with me." It started soft. A faint tingling sensation covered his entire face, but that wasn't what shocked him;
She's glowing!
Well, her back was. Specifically, her shoulders. It was a faint blue light, and it seemed alive. It started to flow, like water, up her arms and into his face. The tingling intensified. She moved one of her hands, placing it softly on his abdomen, and the sensation spread to there as well. All the while, her eyes remained locked with his, and a small furrow of concentration marked her forehead.
Bliss.
It crashed over Bitt in waves. A feeling of well-being. A feeling of safety.
My pain is gone.
A small tear snuck out of Bitt's eyelids, and crept down his cheek.
"That... was beautiful... I..." Words escaped him, and Calyna slowly pulled away from him. She was smiling warmly. In that moment, Bitt didn't even realise that he was no longer slurring.
"It's pretty intense, isn't it lad." It was Crowe who spoke this time, a certain level of reverence in his tone. The young squire, nodded, and ran his fingers over his face. Nothing. No pain. He looked down at his abdomen, and it was as if it had never been hit.
"Yes, Ser Crowe."

After she had healed him, Calyna had insisted that both he and Crowe take a bath, comparing their odour to a poorly maintained stable. Crowe complained about the whole thing, but the red-headed woman was just as stubborn as he was, and eventually he obeyed. So, they bathed in silence. They didn't bother with conversation, instead they focused on scrubbing themselves clean and getting out as soon as possible. Bitt was still amazed by the power Rak'keli's followers had. He felt terrific. On their way out, Crowe distributed a handful of mizas amongst the staff who had aided him.
"You see lad, technically we can use these facilities for free. But it never hurts to make a few friends by giving a tip." Bitt nodded, it was good advice. As he and his patron ascended the stairway leading out of Soothing Waters, Bitt couldn't help but laugh. Barely a bell earlier, he had practically fallen down those stairs, bloodied and injured. Now, he strode out confidently, healthy as a horse.

"Bitt's Speech" | Bitt's Thoughts | NPC

Signature Credits: Yuri
Bitt
The Squire

Words: 115508
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Radiant on May 9th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Bitt :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Endurance +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Ivis: Soothing Waters Employee
Calyna: Healer
Divine Magic: The Power Of Healing
Rak'keli: Goddess Of Healing

Loots
+1 Shield Point

Notes :
Bitt is now good to go for more abu-... I mean, hard training! :D

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)