Completed [Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]Crow Hunting Part I

Ball hunts more crows in the name of justice

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]Crow Hunting Part I

Postby Ball on May 12th, 2014, 6:57 pm

34th of Spring 514

Once more Ball found himself sitting on Imass holding his long pointy lance known as Thorn. It was another day of skewering crows and black birds on the lovely point of his weapon well from dog back. The three inch squire had squared himself in position just at the base of his mount's neck, Ball's right hand was grasping the long leather bound shaft tightly, the leather helped give the weapon's hilt some texture for keeping hold which the Pycon was super pleased with.

The long metal point that extended from the end of the hilt extended past a floppy and furry dog ear, a greenish colored eyes, and a short snout that ended in a black nose. The tip extended just a few inched past Imass's nose and it was this tip that the squire was focusing on intently. Ball needed to keep the point steady and in line with the little winged buggers that were plucking out the vegetation the farmers had spent all season planting.

Imass was panting heavily and with each impact of the dog's paws on the ground Ball bounced, luckily for him the crows were accustomed to him plowing at them else they would've took flight far sooner. It was clear he had failed to successfully win in several of his passes throughout his runs. Today... Right now... I shall succeed in taking down six of these winged agents. Yet Ball knew as soon as the first bird caught scent of Imass his attempt was doomed to fail. The wind was coming in behind him and his mount, alerting the 'agents' of the incoming charge and with a caw they all took flight, leaving Ball and Imass in a cloud of drying dirt, small pebbles, and feathers.

Imass snapped at the feathers, growling his version of annoyance just as much as Ball was seething inside. Slowing the dog down to a trot and then a shuffling walk Ball turned the dog around and frowned, the crows and their fellow bird comrades have settled several yards away from the pycon and his mount. Something about his current setup wasn't effective enough. Come on squire what is alerting those winged agents of Rhysol? He frowned and then paused, sniffing a bit and grimacing looking down at his mount. The dog stank like horse shyke and dirty mutt.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on May 12th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Getting off the dog Ball sniffed himself, all he could smell for the most part of a slight musty earth smell and a faint trace of dog and horse shyke. Ugh. Pointing towards the outpost Ball turned Imass in that direction. “Go.” It was his blasted dog that was providing his downfall!

With tail between legs his faithful dog whimpered and turned away, skulking the whole time he walked towards the outpost. Luckily it wasn't far away and the knights manning the gates knew both squire and dog. Once Ball couldn't see the rump of his companion Ball dropped himself onto the ground and proceeded to roll himself and his lance in the dirt, trying to rid himself of the dog scent and better provide some concealing of scent.

Once he felt satisfied in masking his scent the Pycon stood up and watched the crows, he needed to get closer to them and it was going to provide a task all to perform all by himself. That is when Ball noticed something, the scarecrow he had been 'helping' was between the murder of crows and himself, the shadow created by it's unfortunate leaning was in Ball's favor for gaining the upper hand in the attack. The angle was also just enough that Ball could slip close to the man made object without the sun giving away his position in regards to the birds.

That's it! Ball moved as quickly and silently as he could to put himself into the shadow of the scarecrow, he still made a ton of noise but fortunately the crows and birds he was once again targeting ignored him because he was more of a common sight and sound source than before. Enemy is less likely to be suspicious if they are more comfortable around you.

The wind had decided to test Ball's attempt of concealing his scent in the midst of his enemies, the birds turned their head about in response to the wind but none took flight, it appeared his concealment worked. The enemy is less likely to run if you smell like the terrain they are surrounded by... Once the birds settled down once more and went back to feasting on the sprouts Ball slide himself behind the post that was anchored into the ground to give the scarecrow it's height.

After several seconds of pause Ball leaned himself around the pole, looking at his enemy, they were content with their feasting and Ball nodded to himself. Now or never.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on May 12th, 2014, 7:13 pm

He settled Thorn into a functional location for foot-based combat and ran at the crows.

Now they took flight, but it was too late for a few of them, the point as smashed into the first one Thorn made impact with. The crow's skull shattered on impact and then tore off as the five pound squire kept running, crow brains and blood splattering his small earthen body as the next crow didn't take the immediate danger prove action quick enough and Thorn found itself tearing into muscle, bone, and organs. A crimson fount of the crow's life poured from its beak as Ball leaped over the falling body, dragging his lance along with him.

Now the birds knew the situation was dangerous, the scent of their own kin's blood flooded the air and that was enough for them to take flight, Ball was left without a target now. Their forms rumbling into flight with feathers flying and cries of distress and terror. Landing hard on the ground Ball looked up at his enemies. I will get you.

His mouth split enough to release a growl, I will learn your ways.

His hand was turning a pale shade of brown as he gripped Thorn tightly. I will hunt you done.

The growl Ball released become a roar of anger. I will kill you all.

It was then that Ball knew he was determined to kill these creatures, here and now. Yet he knew he needed to train more. Thorn was his weapon of choice for this situation. Dropping Thorn's position even more Ball stepped forward with a thrust of his weapon, the sudden shift in his body position and the forward motion of the lance cause a whoosh to exist as the air replaced solid object.

Pulling back the weapon Ball turned, swinging Thorn around hard as if it was a club, in his mind's eye this blow shattered a crow's wing, causing out a cry in pain that needed to be extinguished. In the same flowing motion he was executing Ball pulled back Thorn and immediately plunged it forward, his mental fight was seeing the tip of Thorn piercing the eye of the crow, tearing into the matter of the bird's brain and then the tip exiting the back of the skull before Ball twisted his body, tearing the lance free and shearing off half of the “crow's” head.

Bringing his gaze up to the sky as he watched the real enemy fly off, Yes... I will kill you all.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on May 13th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Ball :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Riding: Dog +1 XP
Weapon: Thorn +2 XP
Hunting +1 XP
Stealth +1 XP
Tactics +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Fauna: Crows Have Keen Sense Of Smell
Stealth: Using Shadows And Scent To Cover Oneself
Thorn: Mighty Pull And Stab

Loots
+2 Shield Points

Notes :
Woooo! Go get those Rhysol agents, Ball! :D

Enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)