Completed [Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]Crow Hunting Part II

Ball fights off more crows

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]Crow Hunting Part II

Postby Ball on May 13th, 2014, 4:10 pm

35th of Spring 514

Ball still found himself angry at the crows and their pestilent ways. The Pycon had managed to climb into the scarecrow and fall asleep the night prior, his mind didn't allow for very restful sleep. He kept dreaming of a large bird coming down on the poor scarecrow and crushing it, tearing Ball from his hiding spot and tearing out his nexus. So the night didn't end well for the Pycon, so the morning when Syna's rays graced the world Ball was seething with anger and exhaustion.

And there they were! Still feasting upon the sprouts of food planted, tended, and grown for men and by men. Ball gripped Thorn even tighter in his hand, the clay of his knuckles whitening and stretching thin as his grip became like stone. I shall end them all. The squire didn't make a sound, instead he shfited his position, pausing when he was in a kneeling position ready to pounce.

Tyveth, grant me the pathway to justice, see my actions and Your Judgment. Condemn these agents of chaos into the realm of Dira forevermore. Feeling the heat from Syna's rays touch his skin Ball jumped, taking the warmth as a sign from Tyveth to continue on his righteous path. The crows didn't even see him coming as he dropped from the air, the first one the Pycon just squished under his full weight, the next one got the swung blunt side of Thorn across the side of it's face, shattering skull and beak in a single blow.

Thrusting the point as he leveled the weapon out Ball skewered a third in rapid succession, Ball was surprised he managed that last attack. Turning as the nearest bird grew ballsy and thrust it's beak at the squire, it was a near miss, the bottom of the beak just sliding across the arm of Ball. Reaching up the expert martial artist grabbed the beak in his hand, the position of arm and hand made it so he was cupping the beak in his arm, flexing around the beak's upper portion and his fingers grabbed the upper piece's edge closest to his face. A quick snap of his arm back into position and the crow wasn't going to be attacking the squire any longer.

The snap produced a loud cracking sound before the pressure of Ball's torque beat out the structural design of the crow's beak and the whole top portion tore off in a mess of blood and gore. Turning his attention back towards Thorn the squire seen his fifth target was trying to take flight.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on May 13th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Not so fast. With upper beak in hand Ball's turning gave him the momentum as he flung the bird beak into the side of the crow. Ball was lucky in his aim, the outer curve of the beak smacked the bird square in the face, dazing it enough for Ball to wrench Thorn from his third target and thrust it forward into the feathered side of his fifth at the same time he kicked the dead body of his third target out of the way.

Reaching forward with a hand he grabbed a hold of the bird's neck, twisted it towards him. Holding that position Ball yanked Thorn out just as he saw the shadow around him grow in size. Looking up Ball's jaw opened in surprise as he saw the talons of another of Rhysol's winged agents coming down on him. Pushing the fallen victim to away from him Ball shifted Thorn's point upward into the sky, gripping the shaft with both hands Ball pushed upward with all his might. Resistance met his weapon and Ball heard a cry of pain from above.

The flying beast was impaled. Ball growled and swung Thorn towards the ground, this simple motion dislodged the bird and Ball watched as it skidded away in the a cloud of dust. Shifting position the clay squire realized then he had taken out five of his enemies and yet they were either scattering to the winds yet a few were apparently fed up with his actions and they decided to wheel around and attack.

Putting Thorn between his body and his wheeling enemy the squire waited calmly, even though battle rage had taken over all his senses of patience and well-being. The sixth crow didn't bother to come striking down from the sky, instead this one dropped to the ground several feet from Ball, as three more bird-shaped shadows flew over the Pycon, shifting his position and turning his body the squire could see them landing several yards away behind him.

It was this twisting of his body that proved to be a stupid move, leaving his one side completely open to attack the crow took this opening to heart, Ball yelled in pain as he felt the crow's beak stab into his side. It twisted and then pulled out, flapping it's wings heavily at the Pycon. It was all Ball could do to keep his face from being buffered, holding up a hand to stop the flying sands in his face Ball took this millisecond of time to evaluate his situation.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on May 13th, 2014, 4:27 pm

One attacking me, hole in side. Three behind me, not attacking? Attacking? Don't know. Wind buffering into face, throwing dirt and debris. Thorn pinned between us...

An idea struck Ball just then, the crow's buffering was producing a whirlwind of debris, the wound in Ball's side was being struck by pebbles and the substance. Ball smiled as he formed a second mouth in the open wound, tasting the dirt as it made it's way into the hole... It was clay! Sweet gods it was clay.

Ball swatted at the crow, trying to incite it more, to keep the buffering up. Every time the crow tried to snap at his face Ball would shift Thorn over to block it. This defensive move was working for Ball, he could feel the wound being coated internally with clay and one that was done Ball let the mouth return to a gaping wound. Luckily for Ball the healing was already starting. Clay was all he needed.

My turn birdbrain. The next lunging attack from the crow was an opened beak one. Ball pushed off the ground backwards with his feet, just as his body cleared the attack Ball quickly contorted and brought Thorn straight into attack position with an immediate thrust.

It was a near miss, the tip of his weapon nearly missed the opening, the crow though snapped his beak shut too late and Thorn was successfully lodged into the crow's mouth. A roar and Ball put both feet firmly on the ground and pushed hard forward. The squire could feel his weapon making slow progress as he pushed it into the crow's throat. The bird tried his hardest to retch up the weapon but Ball's weight behind the pointed weapon was too much. Batting at Ball with its wings only proved to annoy Ball, and further help the wound in his side. It wasn't a comfortable feeling having that wound stretch with each push.

It was a hard battle, the crow was trying to survive, but with each shift forward of Thorn Ball was slowly closing off the airways and throat of the bird, suffocating it bit by bit. Finally the bird didn't have the strength to keep fighting and that was when Ball pushed his hardest. A bit harder than he needed to as the tip of Thorn exited the top of the crow's cranium and Ball was still pushing. Soon Ball has split the whole head of the bird wide open and he was trampling the bird into the ground.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on May 13th, 2014, 4:42 pm

The other three that were behind him cawed and ruffled their wings as Ball turned in his attack and pointed Thorn at them. They appeared to be hesitant but Ball wasn't. He ran hard at them, thrusting first with Thorn at the center one, a quick jab that connected weakly in the chest of the bird. Ball felt the connection but didn't finish the jab as he swung his weapon to the right, it was enough though to slay the bird as Thorn's tip scraped the heart just behind the ribs by sheer luck of the tip sliding between two ribs as it exited the bird's chest cavity.

The sudden lack of resistance caused Ball to follow his weapon in a right turn, but his attack still landed true. The bird on the right found the side of Thorn very friendly as it smashed into the bird's face, caving in the left side as Ball kept turning, Thorn still followed, flinging the bird off to the right in Thorn's wake. This swinging circle put Ball in a dizzy state and the third bird just cawed out a laugh that sounded a bit like 'ruk ruk ruk' and took flight in front of the Pycon.

Ball stumbled forward, hoping his wobbling attack would connect but it was a failure in all accounts, the bird was already too far out of Ball's reach to be harmed. Lowering Thorn the squire sucked in large amounts of oxygen, his rage was dying out and being replaced by heavy exhaustion. Dropping Thorn Ball turned in a circle, carnage was all he saw in his wake.

Birds laid dead or dying, the ones dying were struggling to take flight but their wounds proved to be their undoing, gasping and rattling they laid there as Ball went to them and with a gentle murmur he snapped their necks with a twist of his hands. With that task completed Ball grabbed a hold of Thorn and leaned it on his shoulder, gory point aimed at the sky. Turning towards the outpost Ball started in that direction. It was a long night and Ball was done with this field... Or at least he hoped he was.

A heavy thud sounded behind him and Ball turned his head to look over his Thorn-less shoulder. There was the daddy of all of Rhysol's winged servants. It was a bone-crowned behemoth of a bird. Pausing in his forward motion Ball turned completely around, watching as the winged monster bent forward and with no care in the world that it was a brethren's fallen corpse proceeded to tear at the flesh and brain matter of the fallen crow.

Leave the dead to rest. For petch sake! Ball couldn't allow this monster, this beast of his enemy to desecrate the remains of the dead, even if he was the harbinger of death.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on May 13th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Ball :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Weapon: Thorn +4 XP
Py-ken +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP
Hunting +1 XP
Stealth +1 XP
Tactics +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Thorn: Can Be Used As A Blunt Weapon
Tactics: Using The Crow To Feed Me Clay
Kriital: Giant Black Bird Of The Cobalt Mountains

Loots
+4 Shield Points

Notes :
Another chapter in Ball's quest to eradicate these spawns of Rhysol! I can't wait for the finale! :D Ball vs Kriital

Enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)