Closed One Healer and One Knight (Markus Andres)

Finally S'Essy meets again with the man she was hoping to see for a long time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

One Healer and One Knight (Markus Andres)

Postby S'Essy on June 5th, 2014, 5:03 pm

She gladly noticed that he started to ease a bit. Maybe because the rush, the shock was fading away or for something else. The reason didn't matter but she could speak more freely by every moment as well. And he teased her back. Yes. That was the sign as the awkward feelings was going away. She was just still smiling as they were arriving to the bazaar, looking for food for themselves.

She was looking around as well, but she was also thinking about his way. Payment.. charity. Neither was a great term. She was trying to think a better one for this. But nothing came to mind. "Don't call it any of those. I heal you because I want to heal you. I just accept your offering then. Thank you, Markus!" She answered and put her coins back to the bag. Maybe it was better, could come handy later in their jounrey.

She was also listening to the squires.Two. One running away from that life. Yes, totally opposite of the sergeant knight next to her. But her curiosity got peaked when he mentioned clay men. Was it a literal form? She was confused and looked at Markus like he had some problems. "Clay? Pycon? No I don't know. Don't get me wrong but how can a mass of clay speak or fight at all?" She raised her eyebrows. Was it figuratively?

And he also got a Wing. Probably as a Sergeant and not a knight. Naturally. she chuckled at that word. And they were fighting with each other. A lot happened with him and a lot he achieved. She was impressed but she couldn't think about it more when he again mentioned the horse and mentioned if she wanted anything else. She smiled."Yes, give me jewels!" She joked and she shook her head after. "But seriously, no I don't...." Then she stopped. They were going to the wildreness, her healing might not be enough. "Actually some kind of medical kit would be a life-saver and would help me do my job if anything happens."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on June 8th, 2014, 3:09 am

There was a knowing smile that crept over Markus lips. A warmth as he was reminded of S'Essy's strong sense of duty in regards to her healing ability. Refusing even payment for the life-saving services she provided to strangers and friends alike. It would be like if civilians started paying him for doing the job he had sworn an oath to uphold. Good to see that not too much had changed about his old girlfriend, that some things remained the same to the sergeant knight. To see there were still great forces of good outside of Syliras. Although they were rare and far between to his memory. Everyone seemed to serve their self-interest or in some cases, far darker beings. Creatures that could not be allowed to win, as Markus had told the mercenary a couple of days ago. He only wished the journey to Zeltiva had more purpose than a personal desire. Make it worth more. Perhaps he could learn something new or gain some insight into something that might be useful to Syliras in his absence.

"Good to see some things don't change." He spoke as she let the coins go and hit the bottom of her bag again. He heard quite a bit of clatter from the coins. It seemed that S'Essy wasn't entirely without funds herself. A pair of loaded travellers made quite the enticing target for bandits and the recent skirmish with those wings in the night had proven that he could not handle everything on his own.

The knight pondered her question. She did not know of Pycons. Nothing strange about that Markus mused to himself. Before he had met Ball on that cursed ship to Sahova, he had not known of the strange race either. Strange was the correct term. Despite his best intentions and attempts, he had learnt nothing new about the race. Or understood how clay could move and talk in the first place. He looked to S'Essy and those attractive eyes of hers full of confusion and a bit like Markus was a babbling madman. He couldn't blame her.

Pycons... It is a race of sentient clay. Yes... Sentient clay, I know it sounds surreal, but by Tyveth, I swear I am telling the truth. They're not that tall-" Markus held out his hand and the palms parallel about three inches apart. The height of his squire. "But by the gods can they fight. First time I ... sparred with my squire, he almost took my leg right off. Markus paused a little as he remembered that spar had taken place in Mura. Without thinking further about that he continued. "That spar actually took place on Mura. I visited the island last winter. It is a beautiful place and I am glad I got to see it while I was still young." The implication of the latter only dawned on Markus a tick too late. But S'Essy was S'Essy, she had seen him at his worst of his lewd behaviour when he had been young. Too late did he also realize that speaking of her home so casually might have been a mistake. Might make her homesick. Especially since they were going to a harbour city. He would have to bring that up with her once they got to Zeltiva.

Markus pace was a little quick, showed his stress a little. Perhaps the bazaar was the appropriate place. Would have everything they needed to gather. Markus let a little chuckle escape his lips at her obvious joke. Jewels. Especially the demanding tone it had been said in had caught him by surprise first, only for it to be replaced with the chuckle.

"You sure? I am certain a large sapphire necklace would compliment your eyes." Markus continued her joke before he grew serious again. "Hmm, medicinal kit. What does that contain? Scalpels? Herbs? What do you need for us to make the kit? Or do they sell those kits fully stocked?" Markus let a finger tap against his chin as they walked. "Hmm, soothing waters might have one. But let us check the bazaar first." Markus spoke as he led the duo into the much more crowded and much louder bazaar. Conversation would be a little tougher in there, but not enough to deter Markus from keeping the conversation with the healer going. His first target was a simple merchant selling tents. He had planned on getting a single tent, but now that he had S'Essy it would have to be two. The time where they could share a tent had passed and Markus did not want to tempt himself needlessly.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on June 8th, 2014, 6:25 am

Some things don't change. It was true. But Healing, her duty have never changed. How could it? It was her life ever since she was born. And not just her dedication to her duty haven't changed. By becoming a Sergeant Knight, Markus also proved that he meant it seriously when he told her long time ago. She smiled back at him. Even if it's still strange, it's good to be back. It's good to be with him. She thought.

She listened his story about the Pycons. Clay and talking was still a strange concept her."No,no I know you do tell the truth." So sentient clay and they were not tall at all. She looked at Markus's palm. She raised her eyebrows again. Such an interesting creature he could meet. She wondered if she could see him once or see any. But then a little clay thing who could take his leg almost was also a scary thought. "By Rak'keli were you fighting for a girl that you nearly lose a li... lim.. limb? Blee.. that's such an odd word to say." Some things didn't change... like her ability to speak Common. "Limbs. It sounds so much better." She said the word in Kontinese.

Then her eyes became even more curious. Her smile was bright. He was at her birth island. Mura. She hardly remember how long it was since she was there. Though she left it for a reason, she missed it a bit. She would go there for a quick visit. "That's wonderful! How is Mura? It's like how I described to you? " The image of the place was in her head. But they arrived to the bazaar.

She chuckled about imagining herself in a sapphire necklace. Certainly, would look good. But she was also happy that they could joke like before. Some thing didn't change, was in her head again. Then she was pondering at his question and she was rather blushing in her embarrassment. "Well... to be honest I'm not sure. I usually rely on my gnosis mark. But I can't do everything, like if the wound is so deep I can only purify it. Well.. ONLY. It's still important. Or if your bones are broken. But yeah some herbs and a cloth would be useful, don't want to torn another of my cloak to wrap around wounds. If I have to, I will, but if it's not necessary. "

She explained as she was trying to keep up with Markus as they were going between the crowds. She even grabbed his arm once to not get lost then released it when she could keep up with him and they went to a merchant. Buying tents. She wanted to offer to only buy one, less thing to carry and probably cheaper. "Maybe we... erm. I mean forget it." One tent. She just realized that it was a very bad idea to suggest in that situation.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on June 19th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Markus chuckled a little at her trouble with pronouncing a simple common word. One that Markus had to admit once she said it was strange to pronounce, he could see what she meant. Silently mouthed the word. Did feel a little strange now that he thought about it. Though the gibberish she flung at him in return didn't make much sense to him. At first he figured it was a swear, but she soon explained. He didn't think S'Essy would swear at something that insignificant. Must have said the word in kontinese or riverfallian.

”You would think so, wouldn't you?” He chuckled again. ”But unfortunately it was not in the defense of a lady, but just a misunderstanding that got violent. Became my squire half a year later.” Markus shrugged as if it all seemed entirely normal. Which it didn't. Not at all. It had been one of the weirdest days in Markus' life when he had been assigned Ball of all possible squires to train. But that was something he would not divulge with the healer, no need for her to hear about such things. ”It was an amazing place, everything you described. It is absurd how good looking most members of your race are. I felt like a kid though, everyone but the children were at least forty years older than me.” Markus said frankly with a chuckle. ”Not that you could tell by looking at them. Nor can I tell you've aged... what is it, four years since I last saw you. While I probably look old and harrowed to you.” There was another chuckle. Markus had gotten larger since the two had last seen. A little taller perhaps, but added a lot of muscle to his, then, already impressive size.

His finger tapped against his chin again as he thought about the problem. Herbs. The salves would be a good place for that. Cloth they could get from numerous places and that they could pick up on the way. Even her suggestion could be used if they so desired, buy a cloak and tear it to shreds and turn it into bandages. But that sounded like a waste of a good cloak. Especially if they could buy premade ones. ”You make it sound like I am very accident prone, miss Healer.” Markus teased the woman. ”Been a long while since I've had any broken bones. But the Salves might have herbs we can use. Let us see.”

His attention was upon the merchant. He heard S'Essy talk next to him, turned his gaze momentarily, wondering if she wanted to interject again and try to stop him from buying her items. But she told him to forget it and Markus didn't pursue the subject. It was rude to begin and have a conversation when he had gotten the attention of the merchant.

”Do you have a pair of one man tents and bedrolls?” The gaze of the merchant shifted to S'Essy briefly and then to Markus. The look that Markus got he recognized instantly and his gaze hardened upon the merchant who went to fetch the items in question. Markus turned to S'Essy, hoping to the dear gods she had not understood the look the merchant had given the pair. ”Do you have any clue what sort of herbs you want? Know what, I'll let you do the talking at the salves, much easier.” Markus heard a muttered curse behind him and he turned to face the merchant again. Who looked a little encumbered carrying all four things at the same time. Trying his best to keep his balance until he reached his customers.

'That'll be-' Markus raised a hand. ”Do you have a basic hunters kit and preservation kit as well?” The merchant got brighter eyes. Those things were expensive. Which meant he might just have made the sale of the day with Markus' arrival. 'I have a preserving kit of exquisitive quality. A little more expensive but will last you much longer.' Markus, being raised in a family of merchants until Syliras took him in, had heard his father use that tone often. ”Just a regular one. I don't expect it will last me that long in any case.” The merchant didn't press the point and went to fetch the other two items. Leaving behind the things he had already brought up. Trusted a knight would run off with his things.

'Right, uhm. All together that will be... four for the tents, thirty for the kits... 34 and 4 silver.'

Markus looked to his coinpurse. Shouldn't be a problem, he did have a vast fortune. Reached in and took out a handfull. With a loud sound of gem encrusted gold pieces were placed on the table. Quickly counting thirty-three gold pieces. Lying on the desk. Markus fished out another six gold mizas and handed the whole bunch over. ”Keep the rest.” Never was it more obvious than then that Markus had little care about gold. Paying in total 39 gold for the items. It made the merchant happy, it made Markus happy to get the items he wanted. Looking at all the things, Markus realized they'd probably have to go past his apartment and drop off the things first. Unless.

”What do you say we head to the front gate now, find you some lodging at the travelers row, store these items with you for the night. And since we are down there we can get you a horse and a packhorse at the same time. Sounds like a plan?” The Stallions location by the front gate made it an ideal staging point for a travel. These things they had purchased right now would make up for the bulk of their travelling gear. Markus was already picking up the items. Trying to organize them in a way that made it possible for his large arms to carry them all in a convenient way. Armour didn't make it any easier for him. ”I know I am breaking our oath by asking you this. But, mind help carrying some of these things?” Markus had already picked up the pair of one-man tents and a bedroll stacked on top. Hunters kit in the right hand with the preservation kit lodged somewhere between the tent and his armour. By the gods he hoped no one would make trouble now so he would have to step in and do his knightly duty now. Be the most unfortunate moment ever recorded in Mizaharian history.

Ledger-39 GM
Items: Preservation kit.
Hunter's kit
2 bedrolls
2 one-man tents.
Last edited by Markus Andres on June 19th, 2014, 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on June 19th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Though Markus chuckled, S'Essy didn't really laugh at it. Nor she smiled as brightly at him for what she heard. Having a misunderstanding leading to that point. She was a healer and probably that's why she didn't understand such things but still. "Oh you guys..." She said with worry and was also wondering how he got him as a squire. The knights obviously didn't know it... or didn't care. She could just imagine how they got along and this imagination didn't look peaceful.

But her face's features softened when he was talking about Mura. She missed it, she had never thought that she would miss that place that much. She chuckled how he explained how good looking they were and that how ageless they looked. "I told you once, some says we never grow up. And yeah... you definitely older and more matured. And training left some muscles on you. Next year you will have gray hair." It was always impressive and odd to see how other races aged faster than her.

She was also thinking more about what could they really use. She was thinking at the time she was working at Riverfall. Yeah cloth, bandage, herbs. Just what kind of herbs? She wasn't really good at this, she would have to spend some time to learn. "I will... I will try to come up, what would we need. And yes I know you are not an accident prone but I'm rather paranoid." Said it while she was wondering. But probably they could help her out in the Salves.

She still felt rather awkward for the sentence she nearly started. She had to remind herself, it wasn't the old times, it will be probably never the same. She gave out a sigh, and tried to forget what she wanted to offer herself.

She just listenned and watched what he asked from the merchant. He looked at her and at Markus rather strangely. She didn't know what it really meant. Or... she rather didn't want to admit what it meant. She looked at Markus and crossed her arms as he turned at her. She raised her eyebrows, gave a smile and shrugged. "Probably my Rak'keli mark and scales... don't know but I got used to it. And don't worry about it, I will do the talk I think they can help me out!"

As the merchant came back with the stuff they asked, he wanted to tell the offer already. But Markus asked for something else as well. They needed that much? She again felt bad that he didn't allow her to pay as well. And it was quite a time till he came back with the kits. Then she looked how much he paid. He really meant it when he said he didn't care about gold. Though she didn't care about it that much either, she was still careful.

And as they left the place, S'Essy wanted to offer to help but she didn't bother, remembering at those times when she did and he didn't let her. Though now he was in armor now. And she was suprised. He did ask her. S'Essy was grinning and was teasing him. "I... wha.. I don't know what to say! I'm honored! You ask ME to carry things! For the gods, how long was I waiting for this?" She said and she took away the tents and the bedrolls from him. "Let's carve this to a stone!"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on June 19th, 2014, 10:28 pm

"Grey hair?" Markus began to protest. He would not get grey hair! Not while he was this young, he would have to kick in the celestial door to whatever god or goddess was in charge of grey hair and have a long serious chat with them about reversing that decision. He knew the woman was only teasing him, but still his response was a little more animated than he had hoped. "Let us not go overboard, I am only 21, not in my late fifties! Come see me again in thirty years and you might see a hint of grey hair, miss healer!" Although he argued passionately, there was a warm smile on his lips and a short laughter that followed his little speech. "Pfft, grey hair at 22." He shook his head a little and kept his focus ahead. Many small errands they had to run.

As he gazed at her after the merchant had made his look, Markus was pretty sure S'Essy had understood the look as well. Yes, what man would have two tents when with such a beautiful lady. Her response, did manage to distract him from that simple thought and it was good to hear her confirm she could take the word in the salves, that would make things easier for him. Since his current knowledge on herbs were closer to nill than anything useful. He knew about tolm. Might even be able to impress S'Essy with that knowledge if he inserted it at the right place at a later date.

S'Essy eagerly took the things from him. But as he had suspected she did not do so without first interjecting a few words of her own. Teasing the sergeant. His smile grew a little strained. He knew he should have taken it all on himself. Might have avoided this situation. He was surprised with how much she took from him. Leaving only the the kits in his arms. Perhaps she were a bit too eager to prove herself. Markus plucked one of the bedrolls from her.

"Yea yea, it had to happen sooner or later. I figured you were ready for the great responsibility." Markus responded. "And I am also old and soon grey haired, so it is only about time you young whipper-snappers take some of the burden from us old folk." He wanted to stick his tongue out as he walked past her. But he didn't, that wasn't befitting an older man that he, apparently, had chosen to be for this part of their conversation. He also did make not of the irony of him calling her a young whipper snapper. If memory served him right she would be in her early to mid thirties now. She had left her twenties like he had left his teen years in her absence. Or had she turned thirty when they had been together? Markus didn't know. Didn't matter either.

"And if you find a suitable stone and a chisel, I will see what I can do. 'On this day, four score and fourteen days in, Markus asked S'Essy to carry his stuff for him. Much to the rejoice of them both." Spoken in a authoritative voice, as if he was reading an official document. He would lead them away from the bazaar towards the front entrance. It wouldn't be a long walk. Balancing the bought items while doing so, however, would be an annoying task. Which reminded him, they needed to get saddle bags or similar for the pack horse as well. So many things to do. While he didn't want to usher S'Essy around, he would head straight for the Row. Might be able to get a moment of quiet. She had barely gotten off the ship and he had press ganged her into helping him with the preparations. No doubt she'd like to sit down and let everything settle in. It wouldn't be longer than a chime or two with Markus' long legs to reach the Row. Markus would budge the door open with his shoulder and step in. Hold the door with a leg behind him and flash a warm smile to the woman behind the desk.

"I will let you take care of this S'Essy. I don't know what kind of room you would like."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on June 20th, 2014, 10:58 am

She didn't think that he might take her little joke that seriously. In fact she was a bit scared because of the tone he was speaking. Her smile weakened a bit, after his speech, while he was still smiling brightly. He let out a laugh and S'Essy got her courage back. She slowly raised her hand and patted his shoulder the way he could see... he wouldn't feel it anyway because of the armor. "Calm down Ser! Some people are so much better looking with grey hair! If you are good looking now, it means that it won't change, in fact you will look better."She winked. She tried to chill him down.

She might took too much on her but she could manage to hold them and walk, but she was keep looking at Markus while he lead the way. She still didn't believe he asked her to carry these things. How happy she could be for little things in her life. She was hardly walking with things in her hand, it was a good idea to get a room already for herself for the night.

He continued her teasing but she didn't understand Whipper-Snapper. Her common didn't change... Not too much at least. She was focusing on walking while answered. "I don't know what whisper- snipper-whatever means, but I will take it as compliment for my good look." She said and she also noticed how he called himself old. She raised her eyebrows. Him old? "If you are old then I'm an ancient."

They were nearly at the inn. She couldn't help but chuckle how authoritative his voice was when he was telling what could they carve into the stone. She would have pointed to a little stone if she would have a free hand. But she was keep walking to the Row. "We can also ask somebody to make a statue in the middle of Syliras about it. You standing and about to give me these tents and bedroll while me kneeling, bowing down my head and raising my hand to accept the great honor." She continued and also imagined that statue. Would be too much perhaps?

Markus entered the Traveler's row first and he kept the door open for her. He didn't know what kind of room she wanted. She joked with him. "Because I was always so complicated. I want the best, most exotic room with a handsome man who is looking after my needs."

S'Essy went in and headed towards the deck. She saw a woman there, she was a Konti herself. She found her way there when the other Konti spoke to her. Matilda was smiling at her. "Coming from Mura? Or travelling somewhere? How can I help you out?" S'Essy looked at her, she was smiling too but she wanted to put down their stuff. "Travelling, I would need just a simple room for the night to stay."

"One night and just a simple room. It will be 1 Silver rimmed-miza. Let me show you, your room." Said Matilda and grabbed a key while she was leading them to her room. "Come Markus!" She said back to the knight and was following Matilda as she openned the door for her. She could finally pack down,search for her money pouch and picked one gold rimmed-miza. She gave it to Matilda and got back 9 silver coins.

She could sat down on the bed for a moment then leaned down and was lying on it. She was staring at the ceiling."Sorry... Just please give me a chime or two, you should sit down a bit too I think. Not because I would think you are tired because Ser Markus Andres is probably never tired but still..." Patted the little spot on the bed next to her.

OOCOne night, simple room in Traveler's Row
- 1 GM
+9 SM
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on June 23rd, 2014, 4:32 pm

The sergeant turned to observe S'Essy with a raised brow when she attempted to rectify her grey hair comment. But there was a single word she said that made him smile, for she gave him the opportunity to have a little more fun at her expense. Perhaps he should let up on the teasing soon, before the two did nothing but poke fun at the other person. But if this brief little walk to the bazaar was any indicator, the two of them would have their share of fun on their trip to Zeltiva. At least it didn't seem like it would be thirty days of awkward silence between the two.

"If? If I am good looking?"

See if the healer would squirm a little as he questioned her. The gaze turned a little smouldering as he looked at her. The right brow still raised in disapproval. Before the warm smile creased his lips again and he chuckled. Probably only another mistake in her common, or she was hinting that with age she did not find him attractive any longer? Either way Markus didn't pursue the thought. "Some day, perhaps, but I'd prefer not to get grey hairs until I am much older. Hmm, on the other hand, might make more people take me seriously as a sergeant if I look older." Markus shrugged to his own response. Another series of thoughts he would not pursue. Already had thought about it extensively, he was glad he had not been promoted again, at age 21 he did not feel ready to be a stewart. Tough enough to be a sergeant and have the lives of five knights in his hand. A single mistake... He didn't want to think about it. But imagine if he had 50 knights under him as a stewart. Could be disastrous. Best not to think about such things. It was still a goal of his, but he knew he had to mature a little and apply more self discipline before he would consider the path.

"Whipper-snapper." He repeated. "It is a... hmm, young and cheeky person talking back to their elders." He shrugged. "And good to hear you are ancient, then you should have plenty of expertise saving lives. Help you keep my sorry ass alive out there."

Markus would have tapped his chin at her words, but unfortunately his arms were too occupied with carrying too many things. But she did have a good point with the statue. Not in regards to them putting up a statue of the two of them, that was just ridiculous. But a statue of something else. Perhaps the brothers who founded the city and the order. Or one of the old Sylir. Markus thoughts raced and he lamented the fact that he was leaving the city already the next day. Wouldn't have the time to propose the idea before his superiors. Honour the men and gods who made the city possible. The city did have a distinct lack of public art.

"You just gave me a great idea. A shame I do not have the time to implement it. I will just have to work on it when I get back." The Row was as always simple to Markus. Never used it himself. Well, that was a lie, he had been there several times, but he had never lived there. Only been there with other women. Which had given it a distinct perception in Markus' mind. A place for one night stands.

"Well, you did ask me for jewels earlier. You sure I shouldn't just buy you an apartment for the night instead? Or how about two? One with a window to the Suvan Sea and one where you can look at the mountains?" He continued her joke, took it to an extreme before he followed her into the room. Very aware of the fact that he was entering the room of an ex-lover who he had only recently been reunited with. Seeing S'Essy lie down on the bed, Markus was reminded of the fact that had she never left the city, the two of them might possibly still have been together. That he would have made a move for her. Something he didn't want to think about at all and when she patted the bed next to her an invited him over, he didn't move closer. Self-disciplined enough to steer clear of that obvious quagmire.

"Naw, I'll probably end up scratching open the linen with my armour or something ridiculous like that." Instead he found a nice empty spot near the wall to lean against. Straightened his back as he looked at S'Essy. They probably couldn't avoid talking about old times forever, but he'd rather leave the subject alone and focus on the future. "Just take all the time you need. Must have been a long journey all the way from Riverfall. Didn't have any trouble with Svefra piracy?"
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on June 23rd, 2014, 6:26 pm

She was staring at him again, when he questioned the word IF. She was worried, did he misunderstand her ? Her common was that terrible? But the warm smile indicated that it was not the case. In fact he chuckled and S'Essy felt relieved. "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they already do... only I'm rude with you." She said as she looked around the people. Indeed they respected the knights that much. But she simply couldn't look at Markus as knight, she didn't think she ever could do that.

"Whipper-snapper" She repeated. Another new phrase she had learned. Somebody who is young and cheeky and talks back to their elders. She laughed at it a bit. "Cmon you again use fancy words, you just like making fun of my Common don't you?" Though she made a fake laugh when he joked about the ancient thing. "Ha-ha-ha! Don't worry, I will help to keep your sorry face alive out there as well."

She was confused when he said she gave her an idea and he can't implement it. Did he really want to make a memorial thing about this moment? S'Essy brushed away that stupid thought. He obviously meant the statue, but what kind of. Maybe about his gods... or for the knight. She didn't know and didn't bother to think about it more.

She just shook her hand and was smiling when he continued with her joke. She was busy with carrying things to the room she asked for the room. At least things didn't go as awkward as she expected though something inside of her was disturbing her, but she focusing to ignore it. Maybe it was also better that Markus didn't sit next to her. "No, I didn't. Svefra are funny people though." said as she remembered her meeting with Tydus and his Tavan. She had a fun time. "Hey lad, don't ye worry, me journey was fine." She answered him and tried to speak like Tydus did.

Her stomach didn't feel right. Stop thinking about that, S'Essy... STOP IT! she kept saying to herself in her mind. She sat up, looked down at the floor, she felt guilty and strange again. Her eyes turned on Markus though and a smile appeared on her face. She calmed down and stood up from the bed, picked up her bag. Only a few things they needed. "If we bought our stuff I will have plenty of time to rest. I don't want to keep you up either. I will have so much time to start whining to you that my butt hurts anyway. Oh.. just show me how to keep myself on the horse or it will pull me on ground..."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on June 26th, 2014, 2:14 am

Markus felt like bumping into her with his shoulder when she admitted it was only him she were being rude towards. He had been through a hellish adventure with his wing already and felt they've all gotten a little fonder of one another after that patrol out of a nightmare. Eyes looked at the Konti lady. Once more appreciative that she had come to the city at this most opportune moment. Without her he would have been in a position of thirty days of loneliness. The knight didn't mind that she were rude, or rather, informal and camaraderie with him. Better than having a stiff formal relationship. Besides their past relationship might make things awkward, it had been years. They had both moved on and found others in the mean time. Or so he assumed she had.

"Me? Make fun of you?" He responded with a mock horror and open mouth, especially at her use of 'sorry' face to him. But he brushed it aside. Best not to keep to the same joke and feigned hurt feelings "I would never make fun of your common..." There was a brief pause. "At least not unintentionally. But it is good I can still learn you new things. Say, have you picked up a blade since back then? Learnt any martial arts? Or will you be keeping me alive after every fight and I keep you safe during the fight?" The conversation turned serious. It would be good to know if S'Essy had become capable of holding her own in a fight. If not, he would have to find a way to teach her some martial arts during the travels. He couldn't always be around her while in Zeltiva and on the road. Best if she could defend herself properly. Might be fun to teach someone with actual arms and not a blob of clay. At least it would be easier.

Their opinions differed. Markus knew Svefra could be fun people, but it was far from an opinion he shared about all Svefra. They could be very troublesome and their foreign culture to the Syliran based on order. Though when she suddenly decided to use a different accent from her Konti one, Markus smiled warmly, his changing of the subject from personal ones to superficial ones had worked. He only nodded when she told him, in the foreign accent that he shouldn't worry about it, felt strange being called lad though. But unless she adopted the, Svefra, accent permanently, he wouldn't speak out against her usage of lad. His gaze was away from her, at the small room. A simple one. He knelt over and placed the boxes on the ground. The pair of kits that might help them on the road. They had probably gotten too many things, but better to be safe than sorry.

"It will take some time to get used to, I am afraid. First couple of years as a squire my buttocks were constantly sore from all the riding. Don't worry, I can show you a trick or two and we won't be pressing them hard, so there shouldn't be a problem. Trust me, I got experience with these sort of things." Markus paused as he pushed away from the wall. Extended a hand for the Konti Healer to pull her from the bed. Done automatically without a second thought. "Yes, the bell is growing late and we got some things to get. We should split up after we get the horses. You go take care of the herbs and such things. Try and get some toothpaste as well. A lot of it, don't worry, I'll repay you when we meet up again. I'll be getting the foodstuff. Sound like a deal?" Markus would say before gallantly gesturing for the door, letting the healer leave first.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext