PM to join [Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum] Among The Whores They Meet Again

While posing as a guard for Ruby, an old friend emerges from the crowd.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum] Among The Whores They Meet Again

Postby Kaie on May 27th, 2014, 3:40 am

70th Day of Spring, 514 AV
18th Bell

"Oh, Kaie!" Ruby sang zealously from down the dimly lit hall. The Myrian exited her place in the shadows near the performing stage as soon as she heard the voice, and entered the candlelight. Amber eyes blazed to life at the sight of the brothel owner, her brow raised in a silent inquiry. Ruby merely sauntered her way in a gorgeous pink dress that wrapped tight about her upper torso, and flowed elegantly outward from her hips. Trailing behind with her hand in his was a young blonde man in a green tunic. He shot the Falyndar savage an arrogant grin, the familiar gleam of lust evident in his eyes. Bronzed fingers worked for a better grip against her gladius handle when Kaie noted the longsword visibly strapped to his hip.

"What an audience we have tonight! The seats are nearly full," Ruby continued with a giggle, playfully pushing the man away from her when he nuzzled into her neck. "But! I think we have the showroom well protected, don't you think? Make sure no one disturbs Joan and I will you? I'd rather have you guarding the back room for when our lovely girls and boys have their 'special times' with our guests anyways." Kaie respectfully inclined her head in agreement, though her employer hadn't any need of the gesture. She was already off and well ahead with her boy-toy Joan. A glance was offered toward the grand room where the burlesque was well underway, and like a ghost Kaie was at their heels. The jungle-born traversed the intimate couples that hadn't quite gotten around to finding a room, and instead opted for a steamy make-out session against the wall.

Eventually they wandered to a room at the end of the hall. It was a room Ruby had often saved for her own pleasures, and without hesitation, the two had burst through the door with their lips locked. Kaie had the grace to reach around and close the door behind them. The turn of a lock on the other side came no more than a chime later. From then on she was forced to remain there against the wall with her hand on her sword, listening to the sounds of intimacy coming from the other side. It hadn't quite been the first time she'd had the honor of playing guard to Sunberth's second most desirable woman. Kaie doubted it would be the last. One thing was for sure though: from the sounds of it Ruby was very accomplished in her trade. Unfortunately listening in on the event was not something the Myrian took pleasure in.

"This is going to be a long petching night" Kaie cursed in her own native tongue beneath her breath, amber eyes staring down the hall of the back rooms. Every once in a while one of Ruby's girls or boys would dance through one of the doors with a new guest of honor. She wondered which couple she'd have the pleasure of listening to next...

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on May 27th, 2014, 2:05 pm

The night was young and empty for the newcomer. He had not been in this city for long and the loneliness had already begun to strike at his nerves. The dust kicked into the air as his feet lead him to a place he hadn't visited. He had heard of the Scarlet Sanctum and the entertainers who worked there. There were many in this city who felt no shame in admitting what they had done the night before or what they had seen. Aider had his hair pulled back behind his ear. Brushed to the neat and clean way he held himself before he had arrived at this city. He stopped, a yawn escaping his lips, as he arrived at the front of the Sanctum. He pushed his way into the door. The sound of intimacy and new kindled relations filled the air.

The house was crowded, filled with both men and women looking to have fun. Though some had already found their respected partners for the night, other sat flirting with any and all who gave them the chance. He made his way to an open chair, taking a seat, and watched. The place had a unfamiliar aura to it. There was something here that he had known but he couldn't put his finger on it. Was it just because it was a whore house or was their something here that he knew? People were moving from the main room into the back, or disappearing among the crowd. The sound of feminine giggles landed on his ears. A couple of the whores had turned to look at him as he entered. Aider nodded kindly with a smile on his face. As few of the whores approached him, each with a smile on their face.
"Haven't seen you here before" one of them said, the other two giggling behind her.

"New to the city" he said with a smile. Leaning back in the chair he had occupied, looking at each of the girls. Taking in their figures and they way they talked and laughed. Maybe deciding on which one he would take for the night. The girls giggled again, the two that were standing behind the one who talked to him moved around to the back of his chair. Each ran a hand down his chest and arms. Their touch was relaxing, but it didn't fill his craving. The familiar feeling still lingered in the air as they teased him. "So are you looking for some company?" they asked in unison. Aider simply nodded as he enjoyed the touch of his 'friends'.

A few chimes past by as they talked. Aider stood from his seat ready to go to the back, when a man walked up to him. The man was clean cut, a curly brown mop covered his head.
"You shouldn't hog them all to yourself stranger" he said, his eyes looking into Aiders with jealousy and a simple hatred. Maybe he had his eyes on one of the girls that were talking to Aider. The Nykan simply shrugged and said "Maybe you should be quicker". He turned back to the girls when a fist caught him on the jaw. Aider stumbled back turning towards his attacker who walked towards him. The man threw another fist and Aider stepped back, causing him to miss. He returned the strike with one of his own. The two locked arms pushing each other around, fighting for control.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on May 29th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Kaie leaned her head up against the wall and glared up toward the ceiling. The steady rhythm of a bedpost knocking against one of the interior walls had begun after several chimes of silence. She did her best to block out the muffled sounds of the occupants, but as of late it had proven to be an increasingly impossible task. So this is what my life has amounted to...What did I spend my days overseas doing, Mother? Why, listening to deyhans petch of course! Over...and over...and over...and over, Kaie thought bitterly to herself, playing to the steady beating of the bedpost if only to further mock herself.

A well seasoned man that had come in the past several nights rounded the hall corner. A pretty blonde whore followed timidly behind, her bright blue eyes glaring toward the floor though a coy smile painted her pale face. The old man's beady eyes fell upon the savage, and his brisk walk came to a pause. He turned to the whore and whispered something in her ear, which made her giggle and glance Kaie's way before her eyes drifted down again. The jungle-born's brow knit in perplexity, and her back eased off the wall to bring her to an upright stand. The old man looked caught sight of the bronze hand upon the gladius hilt, and turned for a room back down the other way.

Liver-spotted bastard. She strolled down the hall to peer around the corner, only to catch the slamming of one of the doors the couple had disappeared into. She lingered there for a few ticks, and just as she was about to retreat toward Ruby's chosen room, a scream tore her away. The Myrian rounded the corner in a mad dash. When she emerged from the back room hall, she spied the two wannabe brawlers locked in a struggle. A pair of whores cringed away from the violence, one so shaken by its sudden outbreak she darted to continue her trade elsewhere in the crowd. Kaie moved her right hand away from her blade and stormed over to the pair.

"Greedy...petching...cretin!" The brown mop of a man grunted furiously, sweat beading across his forehead as he worked to overpower his challenger. Kaie let out an irritated growl and placed her hands on their shoulders, working to wrench them off one another.

"Take it outside, you two," She shouted over the applause as a show girl swung effortlessly about a steel pole on the stage.
"Ain't takin' shyke from the likes of you, savage!" He spat brutally not a moment after she had spoken. That's when the hand on the shoulder of his enemy turned to a tight fist, and Kaie struck him dumb right in the cheekbone. The hand that was on the man's shoulder caught him by the front of his shirt as he spiraled away from his old opponent, and the Myrian held him there as she punched him again in the left side of his face. The other man behind her was momentarily forgotten, and another guard had rushed from the other side of the stage to watch the spectacle unfold. She shoved the man away from her, and he stumbled back cursing.

"Ruby asked me to keep by the back rooms. Get this one out of here will you?" She inquired to her coworker, a muscular Akalak whose name she did not have the pleasure of knowing. He nodded sternly and forcefully hauled the man out of the establishment. Kaie looked at her knuckles, scowling at the blood that had come to paint them when she beat the man. She rubbed it off on her uncomfortable uniform, creating small crimson stained on the fabric. That's when she looked up in search of the second man involved. The room was dark enough that she had neglected to truly see his face before, and when she advanced his way she strained to see him with what little light was provided.
"You plan on causing anymore trouble or sitting your ass down and enjoy the show?" Her chest heaved against the tight corset, and her voice was completely saturated in the brutal accent of her people. Still her eyes blazed like wildfire through the dark in a fury so palpable, she almost wanted him to give her a reason to resort to bloodshed.
Last edited by Kaie on May 30th, 2014, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on May 30th, 2014, 2:19 am

A weight on his shoulder as he was pulled apart from his opponent. A familiar figure stood before him, as he watched dumb founded. The man cursed at her, called her a savage and was struck down instantly. Carried out by one of her coworkers as she turned to face him. Her familiar voice rang in her ear. Like that of a birds song. A voice he longed to hear over the past few seasons. Could it really be her?
"I'd rather talk to you" he said. He looked down at the Myrian that stood before him, her familiar aura in circled his. The feeling of them being together again ignited in his soul.

"Kaie..." he whispered, his voice quiet of the applause of the crowd. "I think this is the first time you haven't tried to out right kill me when we ran into each other" he said. His eyes drifted to the stage for a brief moment before returning to the Myrian before him. "Can we talk?" he asked simply. He tried to lock eyes with the woman, to see that passion that was burning inside of her. That light his own passion for the world. This fiery Myrian that brought new meaning into his life. His heart raced the face he longed to see might be before him. Long sleepless nights that had been caused by the face that he couldn't touch. The face that was never aloud in his home land. Now they could be in the same place. In a city, away from the dangers of nature. Now he had the chance to speak to the girl of his dreams without fear of being found by a monk or a band of thieves and murders.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on June 2nd, 2014, 12:05 am

The voice was far too familiar but the crowd had still proved largely overpowering. Who could he have been? An old sellswording companion, some guy she met at a tavern, or perhaps one of Bitzer or Web's little couriers come to seek her out for another job? The Myrian's eyes strained to get a better look at him. She didn't need to look very hard though. Next she heard her name whispered so softly against the whistles and shouts, it was a wonder she caught it at all. Her brow shot up in surprise, lips parting dumbly at the realization. A bitter laugh escaped her at irony of their meeting, but for the most part his words had been lost on her. All the while her eyes had been darting about the room. Finally she gave him a firm nod.

"I can spare a chime," Kaie answered him quickly. A bronzed hand shot out to find his hand, and if he allowed it, the Myrian led him back down the hall to the back rooms. Ruby herself emerged from around the corner. Her hair was somehow beautiful in the way it had been tousled, and her lips appeared almost fuller though Kaie suspected that was from kissing. Joan appeared at her heels. He flashed the pair a proud smile, murmured something to Ruby that made her blush, kissed her on the cheek, and parted from her. On his way past them he paused beside Aider and whispered something in his ear with a smirk. Then he was gone, striding back into the showroom with a walk as proud as any patrolling knight back in Syliras.

"I thought I asked you to watch my door," Ruby began sweetly, smoothing out her exquisite dress while she address the savage. Her eyes found the crimson stains clear as day upon Kaie's outfit. "But I see you found trouble we needed dealt with. You didn't make a mess did you? Oh well. When Joan returns tell him I went to my private quarters, will you? Greck should be coming to take your spot any chime now! You haven't met Greck have you? Well I suppose you will soon enough. Have a good night!" And just like that the brothel owner was sauntering back into the showroom as well. Kaie could heard the pole-dancing coming to an end. She supposed a burlesque was surely next.

"Well, if you haven't met her before, that's Ruby. Don't even think about. Unless you're a prominent figure like Joan, you don't even have a chance. I don't even know what he does that makes him worthy, but I can tell you I've seen his face around here plenty of times," She said to the man beside her, offering him a shrug before she went leading him again. They weaved past a few lingering whores and lusty patrons until they reached the end of the back room hall. She placed her back against her wall again, finding herself in a position where she could see both Aider and most of the rooms the whores would be using for the night. Amber irises burned across his features wildly. Slowly the Myrian shook her head at him.

"First you tell me you don't travel because you were afraid you'd get massacred by cutthroats along the road...and then you come to Sunberth? It's nice to see you still breathing, but you're a damned fool for coming here."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on June 2nd, 2014, 12:31 am

His hand was taken as she lead them away from the main room, towards the back. Their journey interrupted by the emergence of two people, who looked that they had just enjoyed some alone time together. The man whispered to his lover and then walked over to Aider. He whispered in his ear, "Do watch yourself. I heard she's pretty wild. Being a savage and all" and then he walked back into the show room. Aider squeezed Kaie's hand slightly. The lack of respect the man had made Aider's mood dip. A slight bubble of anger before he turned back to the woman. Forcing the message out of his mind. The woman spoke to Kaie as if they knew each other. Speaking about watching her door, and then the fight that he had just been apart of. She must have been her boss, or Kaie owed her something. Ether way it wasn't his business.

When the woman had left, Kaie spoke again. Ruby? Wasn't that the name of the owner? He thought to himself. She told him to think about it, that he wouldn't have a chance.
"Well dear. She isn't exactly my type" he said quickly, as she pulled him along. She leaned against the wall, causing Aider to have his back towards the rooms. Her eyes going over his body slowly, the warmth of her gaze felt like it was heating up his body. Then she spoke, her voice taking full control of his ears again. All of his attention was hers, just like it had been every time they crossed paths.

She accused him of traveling here, for being a fool for coming to Sunberth.
"Well... Again it wasn't my choice. I was on my way to Syliras, when the group I was traveling with decided to come here. As I didn't want to die to the wolves or their blades, I just did as I was told and didn't argue" he said his arms crossed his chest. He didn't want to argue with her about his safety of his decisions. "Besides you told me to travel. To see the world, did you not? And I can handle myself" he said. Though the last part was more of a lie then a defense.

"And how have you been since we last spoke? Since you left me laying in the grass" he said with a smirk. Remembering the night they had spent together and his rather empty awaking. "Glad to see you aren't majorly hurt. Or dead. Though I didn't think you would be, but still." he said rather awkwardly. He didn't know her views on him. If he was still the innocent fawn that she had seen so long ago or if their relationship changed for better or worse.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on June 5th, 2014, 1:50 am

Oh, Ruby isn't your type? Kaie thought incredulously, giving Aider a suspicious look to reinforce her doubts over his claim. Ruby's everyone's type. Whether she's everyone's first choice could change if Brega's involved. Kaie adjusted the way she leaned back against the wall, feeling its solid comfort against her spine. All the while she eyed him with mixed emotions, arms crossed and lips turned in a frown of disapproval. Bodies dropped all over the city and only the fittest survived. When she looked at the Nykan, all she saw was the innocent looking traveler trudging through the woods. His corpse was the last she wanted to discover matted in blood with glassy eyes gazing vacantly into the void. The image made it easy for the savage to baby him.

"I can't say I'm sorry for leaving," Kaie admitted truthfully. The image of Trent's furious expression, the volume of his hostility that permeated the groggy camp in the middle of the wilderness, came back with all the intensity she needed to internally justify leaving the man to Caiyha. "My caravan wasn't keen on stragglers either. Since then things have been...alright. A lot's happened. Do I look like a woman who would pick this service if she had much room for choosing?" She laughed darkly at her own realization, gesturing grandly to the overdone grandeur of the glorified brothel. The Myrian was a mercenary at heart to be sure. Work came here and then, simple things. The truth was she hadn't quite made a name for herself just yet. Until then she'd still be the one searching out employers rather than the other way around.

"How long do you plan on staying? This wasn't your caravan's final stop was it? Goddess, you at least have a safe place to stay don't you?" All too late she found her questions had come like rapid fire, shooting from her lips one after another as they arose. Plenty more bubbled in her mind but they would have to wait. After all she couldn't bombard the poor guy. Not yet.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on June 5th, 2014, 2:07 am

He sighed as she spoke of her caravan again. The thugs and thieves that she had traveled with before, a deep part of Aider made him want to see their blood on the edge of a blade he didn't own. He shook his head, violence was never his first choice. But the idea of anyone causing pain to the woman he craved, made it the only choice. Though he didn't have the skill's to justify this action, he would love to be the one dealing the killing blows. He questions caught him off guard. She, the woman who left him in the wilderness, cared if he was safe. He simply shrugged and said
"I haven't decided yet. Could be just next season, could be years... I'm letting life take its path as it were. I had no real intention of coming here. But I am here now, I should make the best of it." He could hear the low roar of the crowd in the main room. Patron's securing what they wanted, giggles from the girls and the usual from a whore house. "Don't know. Have not seen them since I arrived. Have no plans to really" he said quickly. His choice in caravans made him doubt his choice of life suddenly. They had brought him to this forsaken city after all.

Though their meeting wouldn't have happened if they didn't. Maybe the Gods had a hand in this meeting. Maybe they wanted him to unleash the feelings that burned inside him. He shook his head, he was a simple man who praised no god. He felt alone and thus acted like it.
"I have a place... If its safe I do not know. Depends on your definition of safe to be honest. You could always come and see for yourself" he said jokingly. A small smile spread on his lips as a laugh escaped. "To be honest, I don't know if I am safe. You have seen me with a bow, its not pretty. Maybe I should find a teacher." He shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "Then again, I could just learn on the streets I guess."

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on June 8th, 2014, 3:51 pm

The Myrian shook her head slowly at the man, her copper hand running down her face in an exasperated gesture. She knew Aider was thick headed to some degree. He had this strange trust in the world, and though he had to be well aware of Sunberth's unforgiving nature, he chose not to visibly worry about his well being. His uncertainty in his own safety come midnight was unnerving to be sure. She wanted to strike him for his carelessness. Stupid, stupid, stupid, She scolded him internally. What she thought of his assessment clearly showed upon her face. The man has a death wish. There's no other explanation.

"Well you're here now and with an answer like yours, I can't let you swagger on out those doors to your death," Kaie began with a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose for a tick. Then her amber eyes found his and she once more grabbed him by the hand. "Come on, Nykan." The Myrian began to lead him back down the hall. Three tittering whores rubbed themselves along the body of a clean-shaven man pressed against a wall. They ran their fingers through his short blonde hair, and weaved through the spaced between the buttons of his shirt to tease at the hidden flesh of his chest. None so much as gave the pair a second glance as they passed back into the showroom. Yet Kaie did not pause in that grand room where the burlesque had suddenly arisen. Instead she led Aider inconspicuously through another hall and up a flight of stairs.

The corridor was filled with incense but for the most part it was quiet. Rooms had been shut and candles glowed softly along the walls. Finally she paused before one door in particular and entered. The room was as fancy as one might expect for living spaces within Ruby's brothel. The walls glowed with the soft light of a few oil lamps. Carefully crafted, colorful rugs spanned artfully along the floor, one near the bed and another toward the closet. A thick red comforter spanned the bed, folded neatly before feathery pillows of the same color. What little of the bed sheet that was exposed was beige, the same as the wisps of draperies that swirled about the canopy.

Kaie shut the door behind them and turned the lock. She swept across the floor like a ghost and went through her usual routine. The belt that secured her gladius to her hip was swiftly removed, and the sword was carefully placed on the table beside the bed. Next her hands fumbled with the kukri harness hidden beneath Ruby's newest invention, and when she finally managed to undo it, it was unceremoniously tossed toward the foot of the closet.

"There's something to eat over there on the dresser if you're hungry." The Myrian brushed her hand in the direction of the platter. A single loaf of bread sat there beside a flagon of wine. Her old roommate always had a habit of keeping the room orderly with food available. After his untimely departure from Sunberth recently, Kaie hadn't quite gotten around to finishing the last meal he'd left her. It would serve no one to let it sit idle any longer. No sense in letting it go bad. "Matthew might've left some clothes behind, Ruby's uniform or an outfit that no longer suited him how he liked. You can check the drawers of the closet. You know, in case you wanted to change your clothes," She offered emptily, moving toward the closet herself and rummaging through for her own things.

When she found her vest she let go a sigh of relief. Hastily, Kaie tore at the lace that run up her side, smiling up at the ceiling as she felt the fabric loosening. She let the black uniform drop with a thud at her feet. The ability to fully expand her lungs was an almost alien feeling, but one she certainly welcomed. With her back to Aider, she slipped her arms through the proper holes of the brown leather vest and fastened the middle closed.

"You can stay for tonight. I can make up some story that satisfies Ruby, but after that you'll have to find some place better. No brothel owner is keen on freeloaders. That's why I've been working for her," The Myrian began, shaking free the hair trapped under the collar of her vest. She spun on her heel to face him and then made her way to sit on the foot of the bed, starting to remove her boots. "Lots of people live in the Sunset Quarters. It's not the safest maybe but it's shelter and a lock on a door is better than the Tent City. Or there's the Aquillar Hot Springs. Matthew took me there once. You'll be safe enough there too, but everything's for a price."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on June 8th, 2014, 7:05 pm

The displeasure with his actions were as plain as day on her face. She wasn't to happy with the way he did things. He shrugged and said
"You asked, so I answered. Yes its not the safest way to go about things but I'm alive so." He trailed off as they locked eyes again and she took his hand. "Why is it always Nykan or Barbarian with you? I have a name" he said with a chuckle. The walked down the hall, his focus locked on the Myrian who guided him along their journey. A slight worry cast over him as they passed a group of whores with a client. Giggling and rubbing on each other in a romantic fashion. They climbed a flight of stairs and entered into a corridor that smelled of incense and glowed by the light of candles.

"Where exactly are you taking me?" he asked. Though his question was met by silence and being pulled into a room. The room was well decorated, more elegant then the one he was staying in. He sighed softly and looked around before locking his eyes on Kaie as she removed her weapons. A warrior with such elegance and grace, as beautiful as Syna's morning light. But with the strength of a tigress. Though he had never met one himself, he had heard stories of the strong animals that radiated beauty and grace. That could kill you in an instant.

Aider shrugged he wasn't hungry, nor was he interested in borrowing another mans clothes.
"Matthew?" A name he had not heard for the Myrians mouth before. "Was he apart of your caravan or something?" he asked. He watched as she changed, the slim form of her body shining in the pale light. His gaze turned away as she pulled on the vest and began to speak again. "I do have a place. Though I don't know if it would be safe for me to travel back tonight." He shrugged.

"I don't plan to freeload off of anyone, and thank you for the offer" he said his back still facing the door, his eyes traced around the room before meeting with her again. She spun and walked towards her bed. "Nice places, I guess it makes sense for you to have to put up the.... incidents that might happen here." She mentioned his name again Matthew, a bit of jealousy took a hold of his heart. Not being referred to as a barbarian or anything of the like he must have held some kind of stature with him. He sighed and licked his teeth, nodding along to her talk about the places to stay that were safer then sleeping on the streets.

"I do know how to handle myself. I can think, though I may not be as good at fighting as some. My hands have other uses" he said quickly. It was true that he wasn't the fastest or strongest, but he believed in his own ability to defend himself or talk his way out of a bad situation.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next