Closed [The Docks] Crows and Scars

(You know who you are).

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Docks] Crows and Scars

Postby Fallon on July 6th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Whatever was going on between the hushed whispers of the two men was beyond her - no doubt it was some serious revaluation of what was exactly was before them and the manner in which the deal was to be done. But Fallon was not about to press for answers, she was certain such a thing would be revealed soon enough. The other gave a shuffle forward after that, the conversation quickly turning finally to one of business. Lips were licked, lids pinching together as she worked through what was suggested thus far. It took a few moments of careful rocking upon her heels, thinking and flickering whilst Zandelia begun her own slow dissection of what was said.

Fallon gave a nod in agreement to the words of the woman, "It does raise that question indeed. It is something I would like to know also. Is it the name value, worth more than that of a simple mercenary and cloaked within... you said a formidableness organisation... or is there something else?" She pinched her brow, thinking deeply on the situation. It did not seem to make much sense. She gave a pull upon her projected hand and begun to withdraw it, seeping it back as she thought upon the astral weave and the returning of it to the flesh. A slow process, there was no need to rush and she still had her right arm available should the need arise.

"Weakness is always an issue with smaller gangs," there was a matter of fact tone, "Small gangs will squabble and exchange fists, the Scars have done themselves in the past, so no doubt the same will happen to the Crows too. And when it does happen... well you'll either survive the storm or die a bloody death." There was a slight wince as she felt the nerves flare into life, teeth clenching slightly, "By having another backing... security. I understand now." There was only a nod as she confirmed her thought process, and inclined her head as their shared tongue was spoken once more.

There was a long pause as she considered what was said, a chew as she focused upon them and broke them down. Nader was of course the all familiar one that both knew well, and Pond was a word she had used before. Eyes followed the nod to both of the men, noticing it was the answering to her earlier question. Dealings were quickly be wrapped up in her mind, still working through the words as she translated. Bring the thoughts to match their own, and then progress onwards with a deal - it made sense to do so. But to achieve that they had to know the same amount as the others in order to construct as big of picture as possible.

"Daraq Djas Pont," she gave a nod and let her eyes slide to the woman. She seemed to be holding her own thus far in the terms of creating a contract, the right questions gradually being worked and teased out. Vitalities that she herself would have questioned herself if they were not brought up. It was only when Zandelia had finished speaking that Fallon answered, "Agreed. The more that is known the easier it is for us. We need information in which to work to our finest. That is the case for any mercenary job."

"Location aside, we need to know the strength of the Crows in terms of numbers. How many of there are you? You speak as if there is more than just the two of you, so a figure would be useful,"
Her brow furrowed, "Another important consideration is who are you aware of that currently has a serious interest in the Crows? Who are the threat to you? Who do we need to plant the strongest signs beneath to serve as a deterrent?" Eyes narrowed and sharpened, the reigning back of a yawn, "As for terms... well it largely depends on how long you wish for us to continue on with such a guise. Ten days, twenty days, thirty? A entire season? A year? Do understand that the value would of course up in increments for the longer the time you wish for such a statement would be made. And would it be a one off payment, or would it be staggered out?" She rubbed upon her chin then, attempting to think more along the lines of simple bargaining with them, "You offer thirty gold, for how long do you look for this to go on and last for?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mason Stone on July 7th, 2014, 2:44 am

A small all too familiar voice at the edge of Mason conscience nagged at him to draw his blade. These negotiations where going painfully slow, besides fighting these two might prove a greater challenge than he had been offered in years. In his right mind he knew it would be a mistake to fight these women as it would likely result in Buras’s not to mention his own death. Still that little voice remained egging him on and Mason couldn't find the strength to banish it from his thoughts. Rather than focus any more energy on the voice Mason turned his thoughts to what the women had asked of him. They wanted the location of the Crows base or at least a general area. A fair request seeing as they would need to know where to apply the greatest pressure as far as putting the word out. Still it was a daunting thought if things went sour between their two gangs the Crows wouldn't last a night. Numbers he could supply them with easily. He glanced back at Buras who was seemingly preoccupied by a very interesting barrel. Well he’d have to take that as a go ahead.

“Weak is the word the strong use to belittle others lacking of their strength. While it does apply I believe the word young is a much better substitute. Weak implies we will always require the strength of others to survive. Our gang is young and while at this time we come to you in need eventually we will grow and become our own men so to speak. For now we are young and barely formed. We number three, myself, Buras, and a man by the name of Faldarin. As for the location of our base its in the abandoned section of the sunset quarters. One of the advantages of being a newer gang is our lack of enemies. As such a whisper of a rumor at the taverns should be more that enough to keep minor syndicates at bay. However...” he said nodding knowingly to Buras “
... the Crows won't go unnoticed for long“As for the amount of gold required to enlist your help that depends on the price you set. So tell me miss what does thirty gold buy me”?
Blood is thicker than water, but gold is thicker than both.
Mason Stone
The Half Man

Words: 15461
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2014, 1:11 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Zandelia on July 14th, 2014, 11:05 pm

It was beginning to become clearer the more fact that were teased out for true consideration. They had started with nothing but words and promises and now there was mention of gold - in principle and actuality. The gold was immaterial to her though she admitted to herself that it was required for many things, many aspect of their schemes. Gold, however, was to her a means to an end and not truly anything else. She had had enough in her time and it had bought her little of true worth. It was that words spoken that she considered her payment, after a fashion. She had provided the way to learn of their numbers and their general location - that was a start for investigation that would prove the validity of their words. Information, knowledge, secrets - these were what she liked most. Or, more recently, perhaps second-most.

She turned it over in her mind, seeking for anything that was possibly an untruth. She was good at ferreting out half-lies and possible truths. She found nothing in Mason’s words with which to well up doubt within her heart and mind. The tone had been too sure, too certain and perhaps a touch naively honest. He was seeking to court them to their cause and he seemed smart enough to know when truth was more profitable than lies. He was smarter than the average mercenary but, truly, that was not asking altogether too much of him. Not that she despised him, he had surprised her in his own way. Buras seemed oblivious to the negotiations and she doubted that meant he was not listening very intently indeed. She hoped that he was learning, thinking.

The leader becomes the led, interesting. I’d say it was a weakness but then the same happens at times between myself and Fallon. In some ways. More advice than a ceding of leadership but still…I cannot fault him for doing what is best for him and his people. Three people at least she thought to herself internally.

She simply smiled at the words Fallon spoke, secret words just for them and the ability to talk in the old tongue - even if roughly and brokenly - was serving them well it seemed. It was the first true use of such an ability in a negotiation that they had used and she was pleasantly surprised with the positive result of the endeavor. Still, it was the words of Mason that captured her true interest - he was haggling with them, even if he was doing so in a rather cheeky manner she thought. He sought to entertain them into a lower price perhaps but that was fine. Everyone had their own ways of trying to bring a better deal to themselves. She tilted her head at the word miss though, that was amusing.

“Miss? I’m not sure that I have ever been called a miss,” she smiled ever so slightly, “a bitch, a whore and various other names that do not bear repeating but miss…I cannot recall. Very polite young man isn’t he?” she turned her head to look at Fallon then briefly.

“As to how much it will…buy…you? My usual fee is ten gold a day and that is because I am very good at what I do. You want whispers then they can be arranged. I know many ears inside out and for good reason. I cannot speak for the Scars in terms of price, I am not their true leader. If you wish to discuss personal price then it can be arranged, I am not so fond of gold as of other things. What do you say Bitzer? Thirty gold? What will it buy them?” she asked the words softly yet they rippled out with expectation.

She was sure it would be seen as a paltry price perhaps but then they needed what revenue they could barter, they had much that needed to be done. She suspected, however, from Fallon’s own words that she had other things in mind also. What they were being asked to do was trivial in many ways, gold was perhaps unworthy being the payment for such things. She was interested in Mason, that much was clear and she could see why too. She knew the woman liked the shine and clink of coin though and so her own guesses as to how things would progress were stymied. She knew Fallon but she knew her to be unpredictable when chance arose. She was very much like herself, if also different. She liked a good opportunity, gold or not.

“Three people, we are being asked to protect three people and a slum-like scrap of land. A tricky thing to do indeed. Whispers and blades, shadows and blood. The real question is…what methods to use with which to do so? There are so many and some are more costly than others no?”
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on July 15th, 2014, 11:50 am

"When a babe is born it is young and weak, requiring protection from those older and stronger than it until it is grown enough to stand upon its own two feet with its own power and influence. There is nothing to be ashamed of there, and the simple acceptance that all start off in such a position is the path towards growth," She raised her chin, "Besides, since when was the definition that you would always be forever so within my words?" Fallon gave only a shrug then, her finger flicking towards them, "Prove me wrong, if you believe you are capable."

She moved on swiftly after that, her eyes flickering back and forth between Zandelia, the speaker and then their surroundings. They would have to make a move soon enough, time was of the essence and they had little to waste. It was an annoyance however that he made no suggestion for the length he wished the contract to go on for, by establishing that such things could be worked upon and negotiated. Fallon shook her head, sighed and let her hands rest within her pockets - allowing the slow creeping numbness to draw back into feeling. Still, it was interesting to finally know about their more exact numbers, it meant they could at least keep some form of tabs on them. Buras was largely silent, or in his own day dream, and it made her largely wonder if he was even interested at all in forming any sort of business arrangement - but regardless she simply turned her eyes back to what was at hand.

"Polite for now at least, been a while since I have seen manners in Sunberth," She spoke dryly, catching the turn of the head and the slight smile, "Still, some niceties do go a long way occasionally. Though, they do not always work." There was the incline of the head to Zandelia then, eyes narrowing down to focus on the woman. What was she thinking behind that emerald orb, what were her actual thoughts on the situation at hand? Of course, the weight of who was the leader came to head quickly - it was still the choice of Fallon to make at the end of the day. And it was up to her to decide how things were to play out.

"I was told, it was always polite to offer a sizeable discount to the first contract with an individual," she purred, eyes narrowing down upon the man as she considered her words, "So, on the basis that you working for ten gold a day would earn three days, then shall we increase the days to six for thirty?" It was merely a suggestion, but one built upon business and understanding of customs, "Six days, thirty gold, for our services. But only on this one occasion. That is of course, if it is to just stick to whispers and rumours. Anything more strenuous would require suitable compensation," Fallon paused and looked to the woman then, knowing that she was seriously undercutting what was normally expected as income, "The coin will go into your pocket Web, no argument on that one."

"Next time however, the traditional values will serve. Ten gold, per day, per head with necessary compensation. Sound fair to you, Crow?"
She gave a wolfish smile, and then sucked in the air. It was with a rock of the foot that she pushed herself off into a few steps then stopped. Her eyes looked towards the exits and the ideas of moving on, little more needed she felt, "Costs and costs and costs... I'm sure the little birds will be able to work out what costs the most in good time..." Fallon gestured away, "But for now? Well, be sure to place down your deposit when you are ready for us to begin our work. Come Web," She gave them a curt nod before she begun to make her way away from the meeting, "Until next time, Crows."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on September 20th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Fal

XP :
+1 Tactics
+5 Negotiation
+3 Interrogation
+1 Intelligence

lore :
Buras: Leader of The Crows
The Crows Desire The Docks
Crows: Naval superority is their goal
Finding The Crows Offer..Lacking
Crows: No Gold
Mason Claims To Be a Fighter
Crow Manpower as of the 12th of Summer, 514 AV
Helping the Crows for 6 days

Buras

XP :
+4 Observation
+2 Negotiation

lore :
Offering the Crows to The Scars
Negotiation From a Position of Weakness
The Scars Offers: Gold or Assimilation
Letting Frustrations boil over
The Scars Need Concrete Offers
Overmatching in Negotiation
Strike a Deal With the Scars: 6 days

stuffs :
-10 silver mizas

Zand

XP :
+1 Tactics
+5 Observation
+1 Auristics
+4 Rhetoric
+1 Interrogation
+2 Negotiation
+1 Teaching
+1 Intimidation

lore :
Buras: Leader of The Crows
Enjoying the difference between Bitzer and Fallon
Finding The Crows Offer..Lacking
The Crows Desire The Docks
Crows: Naval superority is their goal
Mason Claims To Be a Fighter
Crow Manpower as of the 12th of Summer, 514 AV
Helping the Crows for 6 days

stuffs :
+30 Gold

Mason

If you return, please pay seasonal expenses for Summer and I'll release your grade. Don't forget to account for the gold given away in this thread, too. :)

Notes
A lot going on here. Let me know if you think I missed anything and I'll be glad to discuss it! :)

As always, PM with questions.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous