Closed [The Docks] Crows and Scars

(You know who you are).

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Docks] Crows and Scars

Postby Fallon on June 7th, 2014, 2:24 pm

12th Summer 514 AV

It was the cloak that largely covered her, the black, rippling fabric that smothered her frame and the tools that laid beneath. Blades and armour, the straps carefully pulled into place in such a way that it would not hamper her recovery further. It was the last few days before a definite recovery after all - and she was not about to risk further mishap to her body. Leather gloves flexed, the deep green-blue eyes staring out from beneath the hood. There was a faint crack of knuckles - her arms moving beneath the folds to tap the hilts of both tulwars and then the kukri. It was all there and all in place, just as she liked it. Orvin gave a nose at the wood planking beneath her, a low series of sniffs upon the surface at her feet. She had brought the furry companion along for her own reasons, name sake for one - she was the woman and the wolf after all, the 'wolf girl' as a few had dubbed before. The gloved hand snaked its way out, fingers wriggling and then snapping, "Sit boy."

His head cocked to one side, ears twitching before his eyes followed the finger down to the ground. With that, he brought himself slowly down to sitting. Patting him firmly upon the head, Fallon smoothed down his summer coat and gave his slither of praise, before once more returning her attention to what was before her. Patience, she had to have it - one way or another. Sucking in the evening air, she once more looked ahead out across Sunberth's docks.

Plucking upon her djed she readied the energy within, pulling gently at the weave of the astral layer and readying to project a limb - which one she had yet to decide exactly. This was another gang after all, politics which would have to be dealt with in time. But this unknown gang, one that she had heard no tales or rumours of on their activities? They could not possibly be too much of a threat. Then again, she did not know if they held any physical prowess in anything in particular. Resting her hands into her pockets she leaned herself against the crates, the faint chink of steel and muscles contracting and relaxing within the leathers. She would need to be fast, swift and strong. She needed to keep her mind honed and ready for whatever came.

There was the stink of salt and sweat upon the air, but the worst of the summer heat had dissipated for the day - a blessing in some ways, it allowed her to think clearly and to work at her best. Weight was shifted and rearranged, her gaze sweeping across the docks once more for those who would approach - she had to be ready for anything. She doubted after all it would be a simple meet and greet, people always wanted something more than to say hello to their neighbours. She plucked upon her astral more, the invisible, ethereal layer working its way up. She felt the slow seeping in of numbness.

With her head turning to the right, she gave a look upon her partner for such an excursion - equally suited and booted for this meeting. She gave a blink, the once lilting accent rolling away to be replaced with those cooler tones of Bitzer. Rougher, less clicking and deeper in toning she began to speak, "So, what do you think? Honestly now? I don't like it one bit. And..." She gave only a pause at that point, lips pursing into a line as she chose the words within the ancient tongue and the almost guttural sound that came with it, "Heat Irsttl Capos."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Buras on June 7th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Buras was in a rather good mood. He was able to get A meeting with the Scars. He met a few, he was sure, and they seemed nice enough. And they knew how to fight. That was the biggest reason he wanted to form a sort of alliance with them. That, and three people, and whoever else deciding to jump on, cannot take on many gangs, let alone a syndicate.

Wearing his usual garb of browns and blacks as well as his hat, Buras didn't pose much of a threatening figure, his size didn't help. The most dangerous thing at first glance was the large, slightly curved knife in its sheath on his side. If he needed to pull it out, you would be able to see that the whole length of the blade was serrated. But he would only use the knife if he had to. The real danger was the six foot oak quarterstaff he had with him, which was currently being used as a walking stick. It could crush bones and give most people a very bad day if he was able to hit you with it. He hoped he didn't have to use either, but you couldn't be to cautious.

Quarterstaff thunking lightly on the docks, Buras hurried to the meeting spot. He had the feeling he was late, but didn't know why. He hoped he didn't leave his partner behind, that giant could be used, for intimidation or to fight.

When he did get to where he needed to be, he let out a soft sigh of relief. There they were, waiting for them. There was that girl from that time he fought Red, as well as her dog, sitting by her side. And to her right was another figure. A partner, he assumed. Well, if he brought one, so could they.

"Sorry for being a bit late." Buras said, late or not they did have to wait for them. "My name is Buras, leader of the Crows. Glad you could make it." With that said, he waited for the girl to name her self, and her partner and his own, if they chose to give any. Now that he was here, he prayed nothing bad went wrong. Those two may look like they had nothing on them, but he was willing to wager his horse that they were armed to the teeth. Him and his partner showed their weapos, except for the knife hidden up Buras' sleeve. The two knew what they were up against. But Buras and his partner were blind in what they had to deal with. He just hoped his partner thought like he did.

A favor can be worth it's weight in gold. Or, it could kill you.
Buras
A favor for a favor

Words: 62661
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2014, 2:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zandelia on June 7th, 2014, 7:25 pm

She watched the little show before her, head and form shrouded by the black cloak and hood pulled up to conceal her features. It was the twin of Fallon’s and as such provided a little dramatic unity to their appearance that others would pick up on - they were a team and as such used to working together, for whatever end. Let these Crows see that and wonder just how many such dealings they had been engaged in, extrapolate whether it was worth pushing their luck or better to be frank and honest in their negotiations. She was well prepared and knew her partner was also, both armoured and carrying enough weapons to kill a score of men if required and that wasn’t even counting the magic Fallon possessed. She smiled at the wolf sitting like a good little dog, he seemed to have become less unruly of late and it brought his mistress a small measure of happiness she thought, that something was going right for once. She made one last check to make sure she could get to her weapons well enough, making sure her cloak was fastened loosely enough to fall away with a pull.

“Like a true hound indeed,” she observed as she slipped a throwing dagger out of its sheath and pushed it back to test its drawing, “I think he actually wants to please you these days. Don’t expect me to sit like that though, not for such small motivation” she grinned within the folds of her hood.

She considered the question as she leant against the crate opposite her leader in the venture, she knew her place and would bite her tongue this time as she had not done with Buras before. She knew he was the leader of the Crows, a little digging and much leg work from Jarral and his growing numbers of little helpers had seen to that. How she had rubbished beggars and orphans before Spring had given her the need of them, she scoffed at her own ignorance now and could not see her network operating without them. They knew so much and managed to get everywhere without issue - no one feared an old man in tattered rags. She suspected they even liked him being around, to remind them that there was always someone worse off.

Not that he has problems living, earns enough gold and I don’t even know where he keeps it or what he uses it for. Even I have my blind spots, mores the pity. Must find out, could use it if he ever thinks about turning she told herself, making the mental note and adding it to the ever growing list of items to pursue. She needed more helpers, that was self-evident now. Still, she was proud of what she had so far achieved - merchants, beggars, orphans, mercenaries and thieves. She had all of them now.

“Honestly” she paused in thought, “I think they need us a lot more than we need them and that they have done little enough to be worth remembering to the general populace. That’s both a blessing and a curse. I don’t expect they will be able to do much but being able to work without recognition…it’s a consideration” she licked her lips as she tried to settle into the role of advisor. She had taken to heightening the pitch of her speech whilst working of late - she needed to develop a more refined character for Web now that she was established.

“Buras, their leader, is a bit vague and I don’t think likes to play other’s games even though he needs to. Not sure if he even knows he has to play the games of the stronger to get what he wants. He’s a Kelvic and I suspect he is a crow - hence the name of their little group…and I told him not to petching advertise it too…” she sighed to herself at lost advice.

“I met him before, watched him club apit fighter to death and talk of it casually asif it mattered not. Not sure he has any morals that I could discern and he seemed to enjoy violence. Talked of taking the docks. Wanted me to help him I think, after I suggested my talents as a test. didn’t offer much in return at all and evaded everything I said about potential allies. Perhaps he has changed his mind. We will see”

“Scavengers for the most part I hear, take what they can get and try to survive. They could be useful to us but again, vague. I hope that they are not this time or this will be a short meeting knowing you,” she refrained from chuckling, albeit she wished to do so, “and I don’t think they are stupid enough to try and trap us. If they are well…one less gang to worry about when they get themselves killed” she shrugged, she was not concerned.

“Heat Irsttl Capos” she muttered, working it through in her mind - she was not the best with Nader-Cannoch.

Reach…Veils…Tint? No no no….um…Look Veil Colour? Look for colour? In colour? Veiled colour…ah. Auristics she worked it out and knew that Fallon couldn’t use both Auristics and projection at the same time as it was too draining. She nodded her understanding silently.

“Djas Kasai Naddi Cannoch” she responded with warmly as she followed in Fallon’s wake and focused the internal surging of Djed, controlling it and keeping it from bursting through into full use for now until they had at least greeted their visitors.

She would let it surge forwards when required, a quick little weakening of her resolve would be all it took to burst the world into that which was beyond normal sight. She would see if there were any hidden surprises this time, not like the last time when she had been taken. Caution was the watchword now.

“I’ll watch the back too,” she whispered so that only Fallon would hear her as Buras came into sight and approached them with all the caution of a child, “hasn’t learnt a thing” she muttered to herself privately.

“So nice of you to accept my invitation Buras, come to negotiate?” she spoke in her feigned voice, slightly higher than normal and wondered if he would even recognize her - she doubted it.

Good, let him be on edge and wonder just who he is meeting she told herself, it would hopefully make him more malleable.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mason Stone on June 11th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Mason walked with slow measured steps the war cleaver slung across his back thudding against him in time with his stride. Mason smiled, Buras had practically skipped to meeting leaving him in the dust.

The night was cool and Mason continued walking nearing his destination. He didn’t understand what Buras hoped to accomplish with this meeting. The Crows were a fairly new gang and compared to the Scars they had no resources. Still Buras might be seeing this thing from another angle. For now Mason was content enough to wait.

A faint wind had begun to blow though it wasn't enough to make Mason regret not bringing his cloak. Mason was dressed in a simple tunic, work pants, and leather boots. He was dressed this way not because he didn't care about his appearance, actually the opposite. He was walking to a potentially dangerous meeting with nothing but the weapon on his back. No armour, no concealed weapons , no tricks of any kind. Yet he walked with confidence, sure of himself despite the obvious danger. Initially they would mock him, weather out loud or in the confines of their minds it didn't matter. Then they might grow curious, they’d wonder what this boy was doing. Upon finding nothing unique about him their curiosity might turn into uncertainty. They might wonder why he looked so calm and confident, their minds would race with possibilities. They’d observe and discard these possibilities until they were confident they’d missed something. From their uncertainty there was a chance, however small, that the parasite known as fear might take hold. This was a tactic he’d used many times, though it success depended directly on the opposing party and them being over observant . After all what was more threatening, a dagger that you know may be concealed beneath a cloak , or a dagger that you know must be present but you have no idea where it might be.

Mason reached the spot and took a position a little behind Buras. He inclined his head politely to the two cloaked figures then waited.
Blood is thicker than water, but gold is thicker than both.
Mason Stone
The Half Man

Words: 15461
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2014, 1:11 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on June 11th, 2014, 7:31 pm

From her lean against the crates Fallon listened, her thumb and forefinger rubbing against the hood of her cloak with thought. She wondered for a moment if she should pull it further forward and mask the face further in shadow much like her companion. Eyes gave a narrow, only a brief flicker of amusement to Zandelia's quip before it fell behind the cool expression. Composure, the poker face that hid emotions - it was the words they would have to listen to, or another language in the case of the women. Still, it was clear they stood for the same group with the way the black cloaks and hoods smothered their forms. Orvin gave a sniff, ears pricking upwards and his head lifting as if her had spotted something.

"A Kelvic in Sunberth who is not bound by chains? I wonder how long that will last for," she spoke dryly, focusing on the rougher aspects of the tone of 'Bitzer'. Tonight she was the leader of the Scars, the Wolf Woman of Sunberth and this was business in the finest form. There was no room for the usual personality of Fallon, hard, brutal, logic would be needed now and she was prepared to serve it ice cold if need be. She gave a nod, the right hand lowering back down behind the folds and resting upon the tulwar hilt with the mumblings of a prayer her hand would not fail her, "If he does not take advice from you seriously, and does not understand the way to play the game. And he sounds rather hungry for blood, hot-headed maybe? Well, either way it will be an interesting meeting, will it not?" She could not help but produce a wiry smile at the last of Zandelia's comment, and checked that she was capable of drawing the right hand's tulwar if need be - Fallon was in no mood to suffer fools.

With the left hand falling into its customary pocket, she continued to pluck upon her djed and let the selected limb slowly unravel its astral layer. There was no rush to it, she would take her time and bring it forth as necessary - but still it was better to be safe than sorry. Another curl of the lips when the woman responded in the same tongue, she understood what was said, and it was with the narrowing of eyes that she slowly broke the words down within her head. Djas Kasai Naddi Cannoch; She knew of Djas being 'I' and of Naddi being related to that of Nader or 'We', but it was as she continued to piece the rest together - barely summarising it to knowing the woman was looking out for more of the same language = did she catch the glimpse of Buras off in the distance. There was only one final nod before this meeting truly begun.

Pushing herself off the crates, she straightened. Shoulders rolled, her eyes coming onto a focus to him alone and then to his own partner for such an excursion. Both their weapons were on display and visible, that much she could see already. She knew the face from the time she set Noven on him at her impromptu tournament - but her name remained silent and unknown, just as she liked it. Buras, quick to give his name and station within his gang, he was certainly a lot more talkative than the other either way - he seemed to be brooding behind that face of his. At least, in her own opinion - expressions were never her strong point. Still, there was only a flicker of a glance to the grey arm of the man followed by the rising of a brow - he seemed a bit tall for an Isur, and then she remembered Bolivar with his mixed heritage. Perhaps he was the same? She did not ponder too long upon it.

After Zandelia spoke in her airy voice, Fallon begun her words, cool, crisp and clean, "Buras, Leader of the Crows... Interesting. I have heard some things about you. Though, few they are. Never the less, why is it you wished a meet with us Scars? As said, negotiation of some form? Or something else?" she paused, "I hope for your sake it is not to trap and force our hands. That could prove rather messy, do you not think?" She watched Orvin stand, his own eyes now fixing down upon the two men carefully, "Enlighten us, we would much like to hear. Unless... you have suddenly had a change of heart, Crow?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Buras on June 12th, 2014, 12:08 am

Buras' eyes flicked back and forth between the two figures. He wasn't one hundred percent sure which was the leader, or if they both were. The fact that they matched supported the later. But how the wolf girl spoke supported that she was. But why would the leader let a follower speak first? Buras didn't like thinking about it, so he stopped thinking about it. He will have time to puzzle it out later. He also didn't like how the wolf girl said interesting. She said it like she knew something about him.

"Don't worry, it's not a trap. We came here to negotiate. I heard, that your group has gone after the docks. Or at least do stuff there. I am also interested in the docks. What I want, is for us to work together. Keep the syndicates off each others back." Well, that was the gist of it. The Crows needed more help then the Scars. He was hoping that they didn't know that. And once they got that boat, be it a brig or a body barge, they won't need as much help.

He hoped Mason didn't ruin negotiations. He was a good man, could hold his own in a fight. But Buras didn't know if Mason knew how to handle matters like these. If he did, he would appreciate the help.

Buras
A favor for a favor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zandelia on June 14th, 2014, 12:38 pm

She listened well to the openings of their exchange but beyond the initial words of greeting offered she chose to opt for silence, it was comfortable and allowed a cloak of mystery to continue upon whom she was- clearly she was unrecognized and as such a small smile flitted across her lips briefly within the depths of the hood. It was good to know that a slightly higher pitch coupled with some smothering fabric could conceal her persona to those less astute than the exceptional. It would perhaps not work upon everyone and indeed would likely be seen through eventually, but for now she was someone without a name, an unpredictable associate perhaps. There was no real attempt to intimidate, their minds would do that work for her in this case, so she settled into her role as the assistant. She had been given a job to do.

Still…interesting how this accomplice of Buras says nothing. An attempt at a power play perhaps? Or perhaps he is not the talkative type…he certainly looks mercenary. They are not known for their…verbal prowess she considered as her gaze flickered this way and that, searching with normal vision for signs of entrapment - it was so much easier to do than Auristics.

There was a relaxation about her that was in some ways a counterpoint to Bitzer’s rough and cutting way of doing business. Whereas Fallon liked to tease things out, test people and watch them react, Zandelia herself had found that adopting the tactic of the passive observer had served her well over the years. It would provide a strange comparison she was sure, but then they were different people - what mattered was the fact that their skills complimented the other’s quite nicely as and when required. She would leave the muscle work to Fallon, she would take the defter tasks as her own without complaint. Her green orb, glittering within the folds, saw nothing untoward. The exits were few and open enough that if anyone were ready to spring upon them they would have a job to be concealed - much less completely hidden. The space was also fairly clear of objects to hide behind and if they were around the corner they would be heard on approach well enough.

She nodded slowly to herself, still listening to the exchanged words and the lack of verbal support given to Buras by his compatriot. She wondered if that meant he was entirely loyal or whether he suffered Buras as a means to an end. Either possibility would be revealed soon enough but if the latter then there was far more possibility than she had expected. She pulled at her Djed and felt it shift and move, not so much smaller trickles these days as a quick torrent that she had to push back against to ensure she was not overwhelmed - almost as if repeated use had established the pathways, carved them into her being, and now they were there it was…easier. She was not sure if she should be worried about that or not but for now she allowed the world to flicker, wavering slightly with the double-vision until it settled into the world of true sense. She needed to move, that much she knew, her range was not overly large without taxing herself to her limits. As such she kept her focus and began the slow circuit of the open space, investigating for a trap.

They would not know this of course, she would just be seen to circle them all slowly and in a relaxed pace. The world was all colour now, colour she knew was made up of thousands of miniscule flames that burned the auras into life for her to see. Everything had one, though most were small and dulled with lack of the vibrancy of life. She would have spotted a human aura from yards away but her shifting gaze saw nothing that gave cause for concern - not even rat was spotted. She came around to settle behind Fallon once more and now focused upon her aura. There were still those lattices of black that indicated injury to her but for the most part they were lessened and lighter…more grey now than anything else. She was healing well. Buras and Mason…their auras flickered rapidly as if not sure what to express. Smaller than Fallon’s and she knew to associate that with a lack of magical power. She let the power ebb away and took a few moments to center herself before simply feeling the city, the streets she knew so well.

She felt no threat, if anything here was an ease about the atmospheric surroundings around her. She had learnt to trust her instincts and, for the most part, was beginning to wonder whether it was not a latent aspect of her abilities.

“We are alone,” she stated softly, “he speaks truly” finished smoothly as she turned her attention to Buras once more, her voice was straining a little with the high pitch but she would keep at it.

“Yes, the docks are full of opportunity but so is everywhere else Buras. Why should we care about the docks and what the Crows want?” she asked softly, not saying anything further - she did not want to wrest control from Fallon, merely facilitate the conversation.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mason Stone on June 17th, 2014, 3:39 am

A smile tugged at Mason’s lip as one of the cloaked figures, presumably a woman, asked why the Scars should care.

“Thats the question isn't it”.

Mason said as he took a few steps forward, as he understood it the muscle wasn’t supposed to talk but Buras wasn’t getting to the point.

“If we can’t give you anything then we’ve wasted your time, however the fact you accepted our invitation is a clear indication that you do believe you have something to gain from an...arrangement”.

He let the last word hang. He wasn’t entirely sure what the Scars and the Crows would be after this meeting. Allies, partners, enemies with mutual interests, nothing was certain. The wind picked up for a second then died down almost as soon as it had started.

“My associate...”

He began motioning to Buras

“...has already established that the Crows have a certain interest in the docks. While there are other opportunities in Sunberth it is our belief that the docks would be the most prosperous of those opportunities”.

Mason paused again and looked at both the cloaked figures. Both held themselves with grace and power, he had no doubt that if this went south both he and Buras would become a meal for maggots. Suddenly an idea struck him, it was so sudden and so seemingly brilliant that he had to stop and make sure it wasn’t mad. After a few seconds Mason shook his head, he didn't know enough about boats to know for certain but if it didn’t matter he had already sold himself on it.

“Now the question becomes how we intend to control the harbor. We Crows are a fairly new gang and as can be expected we have very few members. In order to control the harbor we’d need a fleet, a navy, maybe even an armada. What I propose is that we use a single ship, a war ship bristling with weapons and clad in metal. With a ship like that traditional weapons would be useless and we could take the harbor unopposed.”

It was crazy and absurd but when he said it he knew that was the direction the Crows needed to go. Mason glanced at Buras, no doubt he had just ruined a carefully planned speech followed by an idea pitch.

“None of the Crows possess the skill the build such a ship so it is likely that we’d have to pay to have it built”.

He left it there Buras would either approve or shoot down the idea and they’d have an interesting conversation after the meeting. If Buras did approve Mason was sure he’d sort out the details. Mason took a few steps resuming his previous position. He had either just convinced the cloak figures of his ingenuity or stupidity, he wasn’t entirely sure which.
Blood is thicker than water, but gold is thicker than both.
Mason Stone
The Half Man

Words: 15461
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2014, 1:11 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on June 17th, 2014, 7:02 am

Fallon's eyes only narrowed from beneath the hood of her cloak. Uncertainty bloomed, the quick snapping of words as he put forth his supposed negotiation. And vague it was to, there was no speak of reasoning, there was no offer or incentive as to why merely the dictation of what was wanted without regard of the possible joining party. Her nostrils gave a flare, a flick away as she watched Zandelia move. Checking and confirming was a vital part of the situation, to put the full trust into the words of strangers was a foolish one indeed - more so in the subject of gang politics.

The green-blue orbs stared out, flickering back and forth between the faces. Buras' partner for the meeting was still silent, unmoving and sharing little about his position. But, if he wished to remain a silent statue then so be it - one could not be forced to speak after all. She continued to pull upon her astral layer, the loosening digits slowly sliding forth and out into the air. Shoulders gave their customary roll, the words briefly repeating in her head. And whilst her associate begun her stalking round and checked, Fallon begun the slow dissection of what was before her.

"And why would we wish to keep the syndicates off your backs exactly?" Fallon asked, a shift of weight on her feet, "What incentive is there in which for the Scars to even consider negotiating such an alliance?" A blink, she took in the distance between her and the men, silently judging the space and how many steps it would take for them to reach her. The left astral hand brushed against her feet, and then slid out behind her, "It is easy to talk of one's own desires - be they of your own group or more personal - but this is not a single sided game of take. If something is to be taken, then something must be given in response."

Bit by bit Fallon begun to work her way around the words, probing and feeling for the actual nature of what it was they wanted. They had been approached, they had expressed a supposedly mutual interest based on very little information. Of course, the docks were a valuable asset to have, and whilst it was true that they had indeed worked there in the past - or more correctly caused some havoc there - but that did not mean he understood the full picture of what exactly it was they did there. Her eyes gave a narrow to that, more so when the words of the other repeated themselves in her head - they need the Scars more than we need them. Part of her lip curled to that snippet. When Zandelia came back round she gave only the gentlest of nods to her words and a faint mumble back, "Good."

Without missing a beat she spoke once more, "You heard my associate, why should we care about what the Crows want? You wish to make a negotiation, correct? Then talk business. As you were the ones to approach us, well, make us an offer that we will like. Tell us the reasons beyond what you have already suggested." The subtle purr begun to grow in the back of her throat, a slither almost of excitement in what was before her, "Enlighten us, what is it you really want?"

And then, almost as if on cue, the once silent partner of Buras' companion for the evening spoke. A miracle almost that he seemed to speak more than his leader and also seemed to lay down an established plan - if it could be called such a thing. They had essentially laid their plans open to the Scars and thus left them open to their own manipulations and a 'good nature' to not actively work against them. The ethereal hand gave a pad against the ground, and then rose slowly, fingers brushing against the air as it slid round so it hovered next to her chin. Her eyes however did not budge.

"It could also be we fancied some free evening entertainment and figured you would be more than suitable candidates to supply it," She gave a wiry smile beneath her hood, before her voice turned crisp once more, "If it is coin that you are looking for, then I am sure that Goldfinger will be more than willing to lend to you what is necessary with the correct returns and high interests." She paused for a moment, "Never the less, may I advise you keep your group plans under tight lips next time. Who knows what would happen if such information fell into the wrong hands."

She had to resist inserting 'Dagger' then. Still, everything that was said was slipped away and stored safely in the back of her mind; few numbers, new group, little reputation. Part of her itched to simply deal with them now as necessary, but even she had a feeling Sunberth would simply do that for her. Orvin padded to the right, and then to the right - his face fixed almost into an angry scowl as he tried to make head an tale of the men. There was a rising up of a growl when the taller one came closer, but that fell silent when he once more returned to his place.

"Of course, that is not all of it. What is the point in having a shiny ship if you have no way to control it? And how are you supposed to hold onto a space if you do not have the man power to do so? All I have heard so far is simple ideas that have yet to be put into practice," she paused then, "But that is why you are here isn't it, because there is something out there that you cannot have, that you want so badly, and thus you have come to the Scars for assistance. Because you know, just as well as I, that you need us much more than we need you." Her shoulders squared up, "Try again. Make us an offer. An actual offer."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Buras on June 17th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Now Buras was completely frustrated. Mason has just laid out everything for the Scars to pick apart. He gave a small snarl back to the dog when it growled at Mason. Why did he have to jump in and say they would get a ship. Plating it in armor was a good idea though.

"I don't need to sell myself to Goldfinger any time soon, nor do I want to. We can get the money for that ship without help. But It is true that we do need help. But we just need a little help controlling territory. I propose, that in return, the Crows are at your disposal."

Now Buras just had to wait and see if that was considered an actual offer.

Buras
A favor for a favor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next