[Location] The Savintar Warrens

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Cheshire on October 1st, 2010, 12:58 am

Savintar Warrens

When visitors come to Avanthal, they are directed to the Savintar Warrens for a living space. Because Holds are only for Vantha and special guests of the Holds, all outsiders live in the Warrens until they have proven themselves worthy to be invited to live in a Hold. The Savintar Warrens is a large plot of land with small cabins scattered throughout the area. Each cabin is made of wood and is outfitted with the necessary items for the visitor. Most cabins have two rooms, but there are a few cabins with more if needed. Each cabin has at least two bedrooms and bathrooms. One bedroom is ground level while the other is up a ladder from the main room. Each also has a kitchen and a living room.

To rent one of these cabins one must visit the main office of the Warrens. Here one must talk to Geninsi Coolwater. She has been working at the Warrens her whole life, and her granddaughter Jennai often visits to try to learn the trade of the family. Both are very kind women, but lately Jennai has been minding the main office more than her grandmother...

Unfortunately, with relations with the rest of the world being what they are, the Warrens have seen a downturn in business as the Icewatch is far less willing to allow people to enter the city and take up permanent residence where they would be able to roam freely. If you are an outsider, it will take some time to gain the trust of the Vantha enough to be allowed housing here.

Price List :
For Temporary Living*:
Number of Rooms Price
1 1 GM per day
2 3 GM per day
3+ Ask a moderator

* This is in addition to seasonal expenses.

For permanent housing, living at the Savintar Warrens incurs common living expenses.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Sharth on May 12th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Spring 65, 511 AV

Before Sharth would feed to renourish his body after his long trip, he wanted to make sure he had somewhere to stay the night. He figured the people here spoke a language of their own, so he hoped they spoke Common as well. He would have to learn their language. He saw that he towered over the natives. He tried his best to not appear threatening or intimidating.

He approached one of the natives, a shorter woman with green streaks in her hair, that matched her eyes. He approached her and politely asked, "Excuse me, do you speak Common? I am a bit lost." The woman smiled a bit nervously, but politely replied in broken Common, "Yes. What you seek?"

"I seek shelter and food for the night. I have some money."

She smiled and pointed toward a collection of cabins . "Warrens. Office there. Ask for Geninsi Coolwater. Welcome to Avanthal. Food at Red Diamond Tavern."

He thanked her and lumbered his way over to the office of the Warrens. He opened the door and stepped inside. "Hello? I seek shelter, and I can pay."
Sharth
Player

Words: 14858
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 11:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on May 12th, 2011, 11:46 pm

The sight of a Jamoura was not unheard of, especially in Avanthal. It was quite a sight to see at times though. Geninsi gently nudged her granddaughter as the creature walked through the doors. She did not do it to be rude. It was more in a sense of awe. It was not every day one of their peaceful Talderian neighbors visited the warrens though.

Geninsi smiled at the Jamoura kindly. "Welcome to the Warrens! Single cabin is one GM a day, a double is three GM a day. Which would you like?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sharth on May 13th, 2011, 12:05 am

"A Single Cabin please. Will the.. Uh... Bed maintain one of my size and weight?" he smiled down at the little girl and he dropped down to his knees. He was now just a little than the two. "What's your name little one?" He then looked back up to the proprietor, "Where might I find some food? And perhaps some temporary work during my stay? I don't have many skills but I'm quite strong and have an excellent memory."
Sharth
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on May 14th, 2011, 4:51 pm

"Very well then." Geninsi nodded as she wrote in her records. "We will send a few Iceglaze with you to test out the bed. It you are to heavy they will build you a new one. Our wood is strong though."

Jennai smiled at the Jamoura. "Hello, I'm Jennai. I work along side my grandmother here at the Warrens." She nodded gently as her eyes turned a soft lavender. "You can get food from the Luminary Commons, The Red Diamond Tavern, or any of the other shops the Winterflames have. As for a job, you seem strong. Perhaps you would like to help the Iceglaze hold with building? What are your skills?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sharth on May 14th, 2011, 5:28 pm

"That would be lovely, thank you." He was fascinated by how the woman's eyes shifted to an amazing hue of amethyst. "A pleasure to meet you Jennai. Might I say, I've never seen eyes quite like those. Is that a trait of the Vantha, or are your eyes simply the most brilliant gems around?" He wasn't flirting, but he did like to offer compliments to those that deserved them. He knew the people were of the Aurora but he never had heard anything of the eyes.

"As for my skills, I'm very familiar with climbing, be it mountains or mines. And I'm very, very strong. I would be quite interested in learning building and design. I have an excellent memory as well. Iceglaze does sound quite interesting. I appreciate the help, this is the first city I've come upon since I left my home, and it appears quite hospitable. And beautiful of course." He smiled at the woman, he was going to like it here.
Sharth
Player

Character sheet

Postby Conner O'Brian on May 23rd, 2011, 6:17 pm

70th of Spring 511AV

As directed, Conner trotted up to the main office of The Savintar Warrens, his horse whined as he stopped near the entrance. She was growing hungry, so was Conner for that matter. The young Boy leapt down from the large horse and tied the reign off so the horse wouldn't wander. Gentling stroking the horses main he whispered, "Easy girl, we'll get you something soon."

Conner opened the doors to the office and entered carefully. As a Guest, he really didn't want to give off a bad impression. "Excuse me?" He called timidly as he stepped further into the building. No one was in sight, so he assumed whoever was running the office was probably in the back. "Hello!" He called a little louder, "I would like to rent a place, please!"

He paused, standing in the middle of the room, he waited patiently for whoever worked there to show themselves.
Last edited by Conner O'Brian on May 24th, 2011, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conner O'Brian
Player

Words: 4971
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2011, 1:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Growl on May 24th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Geninsi had been dusting off a counter with a dirty old rag when Conner's voice reached her ears. Well it looks like we have another guest, she thought, as she stopped what she was doing, and placed the dirty rag in a nearby bin before wandering through the halls to meet him. When she finally spotted him, Geninsi smiled. "Well hello there, and welcome to the Warrens. May we interest you in a room?" There was a slight pause before she continued, "A single cabin is one GM a day, a double is three GM a day. Which would you like?"

OOCConner, please add a timestamp to your first post. It can be any day from 1-91 Spring, 511 AV, as long as you are not supposed to be somewhere else on that day. And as long as you were in Avanthal on that day. (I know you traveled to Avanthal, so please be mindful of that).
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Office

Postby Erik Larou on June 7th, 2011, 12:48 pm

3rd Day of Summer, 511A.V.

Between entering the gates and nearing the Savintar Warrens, Erik had lost his ability to gripe about his misfortune. All he knew was that he was chilled to the bone, and there was only one place to rent a bed for the duration of his stay, however long that may be. He tried to shake off what snow he could from his clothes before opening the doors and stepping into the main office. A wave of heat engulfed him and he let out a sigh of relief. More than a year had passed, yet the place seemed exactly the same, at least from what he could remember. He approached the desk, still soaking in the warmth. "Hello? I'd like to rent a cabin." He called, not seeing anyone right away. TJ, sensing the sudden change in temperature, slipped out of Erik's jacket, climbed up his back, and nestled up underneath his hat, tail swaying back and forth happily behind Erik's head. "Ack! Stop it! Get down from there this instant!" He chided, poking the cat through his hat.
Erik Larou
The Wandering Fiddler and the Cat in his Hat

Words: 10140
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2011, 3:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Growl on June 7th, 2011, 11:44 pm

When Erik's voice reached Geninsi's ears, she came out from behind a closed door, and approached him. "Well hello there traveler, and welcome to the Savintar Warrens," she said with a rather large, and warm smile. "I see that you would like to rent a cabin, very well. We have several rooms still open." There was a slight pause before Geninsi continued, "we have both single cabins, and doubles. Singles are one gold miza a day, and a double is three a day. Which would you like?"
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Office

Next