Conversation on Horseback [Revy Hiroe]

Billie goes for a ride in which she meets an intimidating knight-to-be

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Billie on July 2nd, 2014, 12:50 am

14th Day of Summer 514AV

Billie was at the stables. Again. She’d been hoping to stumble across Lissa again so that she could figure out for sure if they were related. It was the most logical thing she could think to do after reading that letter. But alas, she wasn’t here, or at least, she hadn’t been when Billie had been at Sula’s stable. At any rate, Sula still needed exercise, and Billie still needed riding practice, Lissa or no Lissa. The horse was restless today, scraping at the ground with her hooves, and whinnying. Billie saddled her as fast as she could “Hey girl, calm the petch down already” She snapped as the horse was making it difficult to saddle her with all of it’s squirming. She had only left it two nights; it wasn’t like she hadn’t ridden for weeks.

It bothered her that she still hadn’t made any progress with her family. In fact, she’d gotten a job so she wasn’t going to Zeltiva to meet Ricky any time soon. She wanted to save up the miza necessary to travel a fair way. Because it wasn’t just Ricky and Lissa she needed to meet, but her brother.

Finally, Billie was able to get her horse under some manner of control, and lead her out to the track. She stretched as she walked, trying to appear casual rather than how she really felt. Because how she really felt wasn’t overly helpful or productive to her task of exercising Sula. She’d begun to feel anxious again, and it wasn’t an overly pleasant feeling. But riding often cleared her head a little, so she was able to seer clear of the stony expression she was inclined to make.

Arriving at the track, she mounted her horse. “You wanna run fast, Sula?” She asked. The horse whinnied impatiently and finally, she gave the beast what she wanted. She squeezed her lower legs around her ribs and Sula began to trot. She kicked her again and the horse began to gallop. This was a speed in which she still wasn’t completely comfortable, but she was trying to master the rising and falling she had to do in her saddle to match the horse’s movement’s. Of course she failed, painfully smashing her rear into the saddle as it rose to meet her.

She pulled on the reigns to slow down “Woah” She said, which annoyed Sula a little. She was awfully grumpy today, but at least she was obedient. She slowed back to a comfortable trot and road back down the track, allowing herself to forget about everything that bothered her so she could focus on the ride. She peered around at the other riders. Most of them were better than her, but that would change if she spent enough time on it.
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari
#4040FF= Speaking Fratava

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Words: 84502
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2014, 3:09 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on July 7th, 2014, 8:55 pm

It was around the 7th bell when Revy got rudely woken up by her patron knight Theresa. "Wake up lazy bum. I wanna see how good you are at horse riding." she commanded, after giving the ex-mercenary a kick to the hip. The knight wasn't really hard-handed, but she at least expected her squire to wake up early, so they could train.

Revy, a seasoned mercenary, noticed the kick coming, even if she was asleep and managed to block it. "Nice way of waking me up, Sera.", she replied. Only a few days ago did she become a squire, but in those few days her patron made sure to at least have her squire follow the proper adressing of knights. It would only serve to help her in the future. "You ain't gonna try to get me to use one of your loaners again right? I don't want a 'used' horse, like with those used weapons and armor you tried to get for me. I got my own horse."

That came out far harsher then she had wanted, but it was true. The stuff the knights would loan out was usable at best. The weapons were all in dire need of refurbishing, the armor was usually not in the best shape. That they weren't form-fitted wasn't the problem, but the fact that they weren't maintained properly. It was just an insult to their crafters. You needed to keep a weapon or piece of armor in the best condition possible. That's how you could repay them more then just by buying the piece.

Of course the knight wasn't happy at all with Revy's tone. "Revy, I thought we had a good discussion about you showing respect, even if you don't mean it. Try to at least keep to that, ok? I don't want to hear it again." she replied. "You know what I'll make you do, if you don't properly listen."

Revy quite vividly remembered what she had to do back then. She wasn't fond of reading and avoided it whenever she could. She hated writing even more, yet according to Theresa it could come in handy some day. Besides, it would help her learn about the history of the knights. Yet she wanted to avoid that if she could.

"I'm sorry, Sera. I should have worded that differently. I don't want a different mount then Rosalind.", the woman replied as she hoist herself out of bed. Revy was really fond of her horse. She was loyal, gorgeous and smart. She was exactly that what Revy had wanted from a horse. Though that particular sungold was rather vain, the ex-mercenary didn't mind.

As per usual, Revy put on her plate armor. All except the helmet. She didn't wear it often anyway. She just didn't like the limited visibility she had with that thing on. Her patron didn't wear the helmet either right now, so she assumed it was okay. Even if it wasn't, she was sure she could talk her way out of it... one way or another.

It wasn't long after the two of them had left the squire dormitories, when they arrived at the stables. Revy immediately went to Rosalind, getting her ready for a stroll. Her patron was doing the same. She had a Zavian mount and payed equal attention to getting him ready.

Revy had gotten the hang of getting on her horse by now and quickly hoisted herself onto Rosa's back. Her patron had been faster and saw that Revy didn't ride with a saddle and asked: "You're good enough to ride without a saddle? If so, I don't think it'll take long for you to become a knight."

The ex-mercenary wasn't that good of a rider. It was just that her horse hated saddles. She disliked a blanket too, but put up with it for Revy. Rosa did shoot a glare at the female knight. She knew how much trouble Revy still had trying to ride her, so that woman shouldn't ask such questions. "I ain't good enough yet, but Rosa hates saddles and a bridle. So I don't use them. I'm getting better at riding though.", she replied casually.

When the two got to the track, Sera Theresa took a quick glimpse around the track, noticing a woman trying to adjust to her horse's rythm yet failing at that. She felt sorry for the girl's buttocks, but right no that wasn't her problem. She had a squire to guide. Her first squire if she had to be honest. So she turned her attention back to her squire, seeing how she was sitting relaxed on her horse. And that horse, a sungold if she had to be specific, was also relaxed. That was a good sign.

Revy noticed the girl racing around the track, failing to adjust herself to her horse too. It was a comical sight and she couldn't help but snicker. She shouldn't be doing that, because she too was a novice when it came to riding a horse, no matter how much she hated to admit it. Should she call out to the girl? They could take a casual stroll along the track. The squire couldn't really decide yet. "Sera, if we're just going for a stroll, maybe we could invite that girl too. Seems like she ain't a good rider either."

Her patron concluded the same thing and called out to that girl. "Hey girl who cant match her horse's rythm, wanna join us for a stroll?" Her tone was neutral, more like stating a fact then trying to insult her. She just didn't know her name, or anything else so she just used whatever she could identify her the easiest with.

oocSorry for the delay. took a bit of time to write this up
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Billie on July 13th, 2014, 11:43 am

As she trotted onwards she heard someone call out from behind her. ‘Girl who can’t match her horses rhythm’, huh? She probably had that coming, she’d been to hasty in speeding up like that. She didn’t do much running with Sula, especially when they travled together through the wilderness, so it wasn’t easy for her yet. The way the woman had said it hadn’t been unfriendly, however, merely neutral. Still, it was a little bit embarrassing, to say the least. Usually the young woman didn’t get too flustered over things, but something about this older woman reminded her of Sadie and she felt a stab of inferiority. This was stupid, and she knew it.

The lady who had called out to her was obviously a knight accompanying another knight or maybe a squire. She composed herself enough to formulate a good-natured response to the phrase which sounded like it should have been a jibe “Oh, you caught that huh?” She replied as she turned her horse so that she could get a better look at the woman “I suppose a stroll would be more achievable for me at the moment.” She said with a nod as she waited for the woman to fall into pace with her and Sula.

“By the way, for future reference, you can call me Billie” She suggested as she surveyed both woman and their horses. Both looked looked quite a bit older than Billie and they She definitely seemed like people she didn’t want to mess with. The older woman’s looks far surpassed her own.

Her eyes then traveled down to look at her horse “You have a pretty horse.” She said to the one who hadn’t called out to her. She petted Sula on the neck “This is Sula, she’s obviously too fast for me still.” Billie offered with a polite smile “How are you both at riding?” She asked trying to make conversation. Something about directly talking to the knights made her a little nervous. she wasn’t used to anyone having power or authority over her, and the idea kind of repelled her. she couldn’t bring herself to talk to them in any way differently than she would had they not have been in armour.

She wondered why the woman had specifically chosen her to speak to. She’d pointed out her failure on the horse when they’d met, maybe she was a much better rider and wanted to show off. Or maybe Billie was thinking about this far too much and the older woman simply wanted to have a conversation with someone, and Billie had been close by. That was probably the more likely of the two options. Not that it mattered, this was what Billie had wanted anyway, something to take her mind off things, and this woman served that quest well enough.
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 9th, 2014, 10:12 pm

It was handy that they'd be with three now, because Revy still didn't really know what to talk about with her superior. Having someone else with them, someone from Syliras, would make passing the time easier... or so she thought. She suspected the girl to be from Syliras, or at least that she had been here longer then Revy had. She gamlbed on that and only hoped fr the best.

Revy's patron looked at the girl and snickered. "I doubt there is anyone who didn't catch that. Then again, everyone has to start somewhere. It's not like I wanted to insult you, but I didn't know what to call you by. So I just picked the most obvious one. Does it bother you", she replied. "But I'll call you Billie from now on. You can call me Sera Theresa and this here is Revy, my squire."

The tall woman didn't look directly at the girl anymore. She did feel a little embarrassed about being a subordinate to a younger woman. However she just had to put up with that until she was going to get knighted. The more she learned about the knights, the more she actually started to like them. Her initial view of them had been rather warped by her rather... unfortunate run-in with them. She could now finally see that they were actually doing good work, despite being rather forceful of it at times.

"Don't worry about Revy being silent. It appears she's rather... shy of sorts. Or she just doesn't know what to talk about. She rarely speaks to me too.", the knight said. "Anyway, let's go for a stroll. I'm sure both you and your horse could use a leisurely one. Revy too at that. Her Rosalind doesn't go out all too often, because her rider is far too busy training. Tho that rider should take her out a bit more.", she said jokingly.

"Sera! Could you please not insult me like that? Rosa doesn't have a good opinion of you yet and I don't want her to start disliking you.", Revy spoke up, letting her sunberthian accent shine through slightly. She was unaware of this, as she rarely payed attention to her pronunciation when she got a bit emotional.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Billie on August 22nd, 2014, 12:04 am

“Ah, well, it’s nice to meet you both” Billie said with a nod and a polite smile. “No it doesn’t bother me” She said with a dismissive wave of her hand. She’d already quite forgotten about it. Billie noticed how Revy didn’t look at her directly. Matter of fact she looked rather embarrassed. Was it because she was a squire and no a knight? Billie didn’t see how that was a reason to be coy, considering Billie had no title and no armor. Sera seemed to notice as well and gave her a rather insulting explanation as to why she was being quiet.

Billie let a chuckle slip through as Sera spoke. She went out with Sula all the time, probably because she was such an easy horse to own. She was friendly and well trained as well. Billie had never imagined she’d own a horse for thing long, seeing them only as easy transport. But she’d grown very attached to her horse. Maybe because she went to the stables a lot simply to talk to her, or to herself, she supposed. She was going to say something but Revy beat her to it.

When Revy spoke, Billie was schocked to hear the Sunberthian accent in her voice. A knight from Sunberth! That was a first. Something must have happened for her to shake that hatred for authority enough to attempt to become a knight.

She wasn’t sure if she should comment on what she heard. Billie’s accent wasn’t as strong because so much of her childhood had been spent speaking Nari, and common that was accented with Nari. But she would recognize a Sunberthian from her accent anywhere. In the end, she decided that there was no way a Sunberthian would be embarrassed with her heritage. “If I’m not mistaken, that’s an accent from Sunberth, ay?” Billie asked with a slightly wider smile, letting the accent slide into her own voice as well “That’s something we ‘ave in common.” Billie told her “What made ya want to be a knight?” She asked curiously, trying to keep her tone friendly lest Revy figure she was judging her.
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on December 31st, 2014, 5:35 pm

Revy Hiroe :
XP Award:
  • 2 Rhetoric
  • 1 Observation
  • 1 Unarmed Combat
  • 1 Riding
  • 1 Socialization
Lore:
  • Always show your patron knight respect
  • Billie: The girl who can't match her horses rhythm
Shield Points:
  • 1 For Trainging
  • 1 For Patron
Notes: There wasn't much to give but I tired to milk as much out of it as possible.
Billie :
XP Award:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Lore:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Notes: I'll fill this out when you get back.

Additional Comments: If you have any questions or concerns just pm me

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes