Flashback [Bronze Woods] Protectors and Pedestrians.

A squirrel meets a witch.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Protectors and Pedestrians.

Postby Archailist on August 1st, 2014, 8:57 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Most of his attention - truly all of it - focused down in favour of this god that she spoke of. Goddess, apparently. Because although he held no objection to what she spoke of, he still lifted up some minor concerns. "But.. what happens if the humans.. I mean.. some people come from one of the cities." He felt a little awkward talking like this to the girl - since, after all, she was one of the humans. He could never remember a Pycon making such changes to the forest as those of the humans. Indeed, few other species making the same changes that they often did. "If they hunt.. lots of deer. Or they cut down large amounts of the forest. We need to help them.. but that means making a change." He frowned as he spoke - the words did not seem to do the idea justice, but he continued regardless.

"Isn't there something that we can do for them.. a way that we can make it easier to grow there. Planting more trees in the area than usual. Helping those animals more than usual. Being.. I don't know. Dynamic? Shifting the balances in the ways that they are needed?" That was what he'd always believed, at the very least. That the forest was not something static.. that always needed to be kept in one particular way. Sure, for now, it could be kept in one way.. and that would keep it.. healthy. But there was always something happening. More birds dying one season than in other seasons. More mice being born. He didn't really know how to describe it, and his mouth went through various shapes, trying to find the right one to express his emotions.. but eventually he gave up, and waved his paws in what basically constituted a shrug.

"Can we always put our trust in Caiyha? Can we always leave the changes to the Gods, or someone other than ourselves?" He leaned a little closer with his pupil-less eyes staring meaningfully at her. "Or, sometimes, are we expected to make those changes ourselves, in their name?" With that, he gestured to the entire forest that surrounded both of them. Trees, squirrels.. plants, animals.. all of it Caiyha's domain. "If you're one of her.. marked.. doesn't that mean that you have a responsibility to keep this the way it is supposed to be?"

For some reason, he felt a little left-out. After all, he was a squirrel.. but the Gods had their choices to make, and they had chosen this girl. She certainly seemed to know a lot about the forests and the ways of life itself, but then again.. she was a human. She'd spent many more years studying it than he had even walking Mizahar. Perhaps that would always be the way.. those that lived longer, were given more. They knew more, after all. And he was, in the end, just a Pycon. In twenty years.. twenty five.. he'd keel over and turn to stone, he knew. He'd find his final form, he'd raise a family, have a wife an children.. settle down in a city like his parents, or go to one of the existing Pyves.. or make his own Pyve. And eventually his statue would be left somewhere, for future generations to see. He, like all other Pycons, would become a symbol for the next generation. Just as those before him, were an inspiration for him. Humans.. for all their lives lived, would have nothing but a tombstone.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

[Bronze Woods] Protectors and Pedestrians.

Postby Katelyn Marks on November 17th, 2014, 12:30 am

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

Archailist

Skill EXP
Observation +5
Acrobats +1
Socialization +5
Intelligence +2
Investigation +2
Rhetoric +2

Lores

➢ The Bronze Woods: Home Sweet Home
➢ Squirrels: Master Acrobats
➢ Acrobatics: Climbing Like a Squirrel
➢ Dreams of Becoming a Real Squirrel
➢ Pycons: Not Taken Seriously
➢ Humans Aren't Like Pycons!
➢ Rhydian: Phylonurist
➢ Caiyha: Goddess of the Wilds
➢ Morphing: The Magic of Shapeshifting
➢ Magic is for the Weak

Rhydian

Note :
Rhydian, if you return please update your character sheet and message me so that I may give you yours rewards for this thread.

Comments

Note :
I loved this! This got pretty deep, I'm sorry it couldn't be finished. I gave you what I could, which was quite a bit actually. I really like how Arch was thinking in this, and the debate between the two of them. Very interesting.

If you have any concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous