Closed [Anthonius Fighters' Pits] Long time, Longsword.

Arch goes up against Lythena, a skilled longsword user.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighters' Pits] Long time, Longsword.

Postby Archailist on July 23rd, 2014, 11:29 am

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Unfortunately, the squirrel only clipped the leather strap.. and completely missed the girl. Instead, he was left spinning wildly on his way to the ground.. in what could be a very dangerous move. And indeed would have been, if not for his tail swinging around and.. somewhat straightening out the massive lump of animated clay. At least he landed on his side and not on his head.. which meant that he only needed a moment to reassert his place and his body - which surprisingly had remained un-squished through the rapid flinging - before he righted himself and caught sight of the long-sword. Well, his pole had been left behind.. but now they were both between their opponent and their opponents weapon. If Lythena ran for her weapon, Arch could just as easily run for his own and they'd end up back where they started. Evidently though, this fight was going to run for quite a long time.. Arch knew that he was fast, but she was good with her sword and pretty fast herself.

They'd have to come to a draw if they didn't manage to beat one-another in the next few attacks. And the longer and longer they drew out the fight without even really hitting each-other, the less likely it looked that one would get an advantage over the other. They were both exhausted anyway.. the squirrel wasn't sure how many times he could throw himself at the girl. And even she looked like she was struggling to keep herself focused. He could be glad in the knowledge that he didn't need to worry about muscle cramps because.. well, he didn't have muscles. But he did have to worry about unsettling feelings of stiffness in his clay after constant battle and shaking about. Oh, the woes of being a warrior Pycon. Humans could isolate damage to a single arm.. but in a Pycon, an arm was a leg, a torso, a head.. the clay could go anywhere, and therefore if one part of their clay was damaged in such a way, then all of the clay would likewise be affected.

"I suppose we'd better call it a draw, if neither of us makes a hit within the next few chimes." He crouched as he spoke, arms outstretched as far as he could make them go, while the clay in his leg slowly redistributed itself over the rest of his body for compensation. He needed to be ready for whatever happened.. whether she went for the sword, whether she chose to attack him instead.. it didn't matter. If either one of them got an advantage at this stage, it'd likely be all over.. the endurance was wearing incredibly thin and it'd be hardly likely that a good series of attacks would leave the other still standing.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lythena on July 23rd, 2014, 12:58 pm

Lythena exhaled deeply, bringing each leg up behind her one at a time, bending her knee and reaching over to grasp her foot. She would pull it close against her own body to as much as her knee could bend, repeating this motion for each leg. She would then keep her legs perfectly straight, bending forward to try and reach for her toes, stretching her leg muscles some to attempt to relieve herself of some cramps. She glanced behind her, reaching out to the Py-Pole which was still stuck in the ground. Giving it a gentle tug to pull it out of the sand, she flipped the weapon and held it just below the blade, extending the bouncy handle towards the squirrel.

“I wouldn’t be disappointed if we would just settle on a draw now. If I keep going for much longer, I won’t be able to stand tomorrow. And I had some plans that involved quite a bit of walking.” she spoke, her voice as gentle and pleasant as before the sparring started. She took some steps forward, pausing at just the right distance from the squirrel for him to have to take a few steps of his own, and accept his weapon should he be happy to call it a draw as well.

“You’re pretty good with this.” she said as she extended the weapon.
Lythena
Player

Words: 12719
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 8:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Archailist on July 23rd, 2014, 1:57 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

He could tell that it was time to draw things to a close, if the human was going to have trouble walking. Personally, the squirrel felt like he could maybe push for a little further.. but he wasn't going to. Better to conserve strength and all that - he was about ready to return to the Squire Dormitories and settle in for a long nap. For now, he turned and struggled to lift the handle of the huge sword that she'd been carrying. It took a few attempts to even get the thing high enough that he could pull it a little towards her, as an offering, before he hopped up and received his Py-Pole once again. The thing felt a little more comfortable back in his paws than it had the last time. Perhaps it was just having to fight so long without the thing.. or the fact that he'd slowly begun to grow more accustomed to its weight and balance. He wasn't sure, but it probably wasn't anything significant anyway. "You're pretty good with that long-sword of yours as well. I suppose we'd better call it a tie anyway. I'm amazed you could still lift that thing!"

Then again, these humans.. they always brought across new surprises when they started throwing around objects the size of Pycon houses in a way that would make many acrobats gawk. Her, more than most, because of the balance that she could maintain through the entire fight.. the speed, while holding such a large and heavy weapon. "Perhaps we should try again at another time.. hah, I'm sure it'd be even more interesting than today was." It probably would be, because next time, they'd be ready for each-other. He had to admit, he wasn't quite expecting the girl to explode the way she had over the course of their fight.. and he quite doubt that she'd come prepared to fight with a tiny squirrel made of clay. Maybe she'd wear heavier armour.. or lighter armour. And he'd most certainly bring back his Py-Pole for another swipe.. who knew, he might actually be able to land a good kick to her chest if he got the timing right next time.

He took the Py-Pole, regardless, and pushed it into the center of his back with one of the tips hanging out over one shoulder. His clay shifted and formed around the edges of the pole to form a narrow groove running like a strip up the length of his back, and held the pole in place. He didn't need a weapon harness after all.. the things cost too much money to be custom-fit to his body, thanks to its size and structure.. as well as the tail and all. Especially the tail. "I suppose now, I'd better get back to the Training Grounds. If you're looking for another spar, you could always catch me down here.. I'd be happy to go another round." With the last remark, he flashed a little grin.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lythena on July 23rd, 2014, 2:52 pm

She smiled at her opponent as he accepted his weapon, she then reached down to pick up her own from the ground. This time much slower and with noticeably more effort than the previous times she was wielding it, simply lifting the handle and resting the blade tip first against the ground. She retrieved her scabbard, and with some noticeable struggles sheathed the blade back into it. She swung the sword over her shoulder to carry it on her back. She made a mental note to not skip ‘endurance-day’ from her training anymore, today showed how much it can make a difference.

“I’d be glad to have a rematch some day, indeed. We’ll have to choose a clear victor some day, I suppose.” she said calmly, whilst slowly making her way towards the pit exit.

“I’ll see you soon, friend.”
Lythena
Player

Words: 12719
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 8:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nightmare on August 27th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Archailist :
Skills Amount
Pypole +5
Socialization +2
Persuasion +1
Running +3
Tactics +4
Acrobatics +2
Climbing +2
Unarmed combat +1
Endurance +1
Negotiation +1

Lore
Py-pole: Momentum and reach of a py-pole
Tactics: Implications of a human at a pycon's level
Py-pole: Delay length of an attack
Tactics: Counter weights to manuever in the air
Lythena: Swordswoman

Shield Points Amount
Training +5

Lythena :
Skills Amount
Weapon: Longsword +3
Bodybuilding +1
Socialization +1
Tactics +5
Unarmed Combat +2
Acrobatics +2
Running +1
Endurance +1
Negotiation +1

Lore
Pycon: Weak spot, the head
Longsword: Use as a defensive ward
Tactics: Sacrificing height for maneuverability
Archailist: Pycon warrior
Archailist: Physical appearance, but not the name

Additional Comments: I would like to point out that the lore and what the creator mentioned indicates that a pycon could easily get stepped on or squished without taking any damage. Please keep this in mind in the future. Other then that, good job, very entertaining. Seemed that Archy found a tactical match in Lythena, I hope to have more threads from the two of you soon!

Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous