Closed Reunion

(Gale) The day of reunion has come for the family, what exactly will occur between the parents and the Godfather?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Reunion

Postby Ricky Maze on July 18th, 2014, 7:31 am

Reunion
Summer 80th 514 AV, 12th Bell

Today had been a day that felt normal to say the least, for Gale he would experience the same usual activity from Martin when the child first got up. However... later when the day seemed to be moving along he started to seem rambunctious, his energy was definitely a bit higher than usual, as though he were getting restless about something. When it came to feeding time the child would've been too distracted with something, the food he would've been given was sucked on for only a couple of chimes, before he would proceed to throw it and go into a crying fit. If this behavior were any indication towards how Martin generally acted, it was a sheer sign that he wanted to see his parents again and was eager to do so now. Yet today it just seemed worse, compared to the usual times he would act like this. There was just something that made him all the more difficult to calm down half the time, and what's worse was that some of the other residents in the rooms nearby actually had to check on him, to see if they could do anything to help quiet the child down somehow.

Nothing. Not a damn thing was able to help, the only thing that did lead to ending the crying fit was to generally distract Martin somehow. Attention was a key role to be sure, but how long could one stand hanging over a child more often than they would like last? Hopefully Gale had enough patience to last throughout the day, because this behavior was unusual to experience from the child. Not uncommon seeing as how its occurred in lesser patterns, but definitely unusual compared to the average activity the child tended to demonstrate. Did something seem to be bothering him? Was he anxious about his parents? The answer was only to be a mystery for the Godfather, all up until he would finally hear a knock at the door. Likely one of the other residents coming to check up on him... again. This certainly posed as an embarrassment for the man, but nevertheless he would have to bear through it and just let the neighbors know everything was fine.

---------

Their arrival had only been a bells worth ago and what was even better was how easy things were starting to settle in, every piece of the puzzle had practically fallen into place at this point as Hannah was the one to return the rented cart and horse to the owner. This left Ricky and Telion to be the ones to head up to the Grotto first, as their son was by all means top priority at this point. Unfortunately such wasn't the case... they had to take all their shyke back into their residence so they didn't have to worry about that later, but the unpacking was something they didn't worry about seeing as how that definitely looked to be something they could finish afterwards. And so without further ado their trip to the Grotto took them onward past the common room everyone usually relaxed in, up the staircase and into the hall that would contain the doors, where the rooms resided beyond the doors of course.

Gale's room was what came up shortly upon their walk into the hallway, the number of the room the exact one mentioned when they had asked the barmaid which was McCenry's room. Sure enough they parents could hear sounds, sounds of their little one within as Gale must've been... was he talking to Martin? Surely he wasn't that old yet! The child sounded restless to them but that was to be expected, and with hearty smiles cast to one another they took in deep breaths as Ricky raised a fist up to knock on the door. The parents were back, and they came to surprise the Godfather with love and joy. As soon as the door would come to open, Gale would be greeted with "Surprise!" from both Ricky and Telion, as they would envelop him in a group hug within the moment of surprise.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reunion

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 22nd, 2014, 7:23 pm

Common Vani Nari

Gale typically woke up early. It was natural for him to, even when he was a kid. He woke up early for school, then he woke up early to meet Hana, then he woke up early to visit her grave. Ever since he could remember Gale has woke up exceptionally early. However, never in his life did he ever not want to wake up early.

When Gale first got Martin while Ricky and Telion were gone, he didn't particularly mind waking up in the dead of night to take care of him. He just told himself that it wasn't much earlier than he normally woke up. But after the first dozen or so days, he was sick of it. He now wanted to sleep in more and more, which was something Gale wasn't entirely use to. But he did. And he almost took every chance he could to sleep. Which wasn't much.

This particular morning, Martin had woke up early. Again. The widower made sure to change his diaper, thinking it was just a normal day and Martin would go back to sleep. But boy was he wrong.

Once Martin was up, it seemed he was up for good. He didn't settle down even for a chime after Gale put him back into his crib. Gale had to get up out of bed again and grab him, trying to calm him down the best he could, seeing as it was early and Martin was likely going to wake up the neighbors. But again, Martin continued to throw his fit. What was he suppose to do? Was he hungry for some reason? Gale prepared some bread and milk for the child and fed him a few pieces, which appeared to have done the trick. Although, once he was done eating, he started crying again which confused Gale.

What was wrong? His diaper was clean, he was fed, he was just asleep. "Oh, I know what it is." Gale sighed, picking up the baby from his lap and cradling him in his arms. "You miss your parents again, no?" He smiled a rather forlorn sort of smile and let out a breath. He knew what it was, but he didn't know what to do about it. How do you tell a child that their parents are gone? How do you tell someone who didn't understand that they had to wait? There really was no way. All he could think to do was to try his best to keep the lads mind off of it.

By the time that Gale got the idea, the sun was starting to rise above the horizon, leaving a delicate orange and pink glow in the sky. He took Martin for a brief walk, walking along the ocean side and the docks before heading back to his room. It was probably around the 9th bell at this time, and Martin appeared to calm down. Yet again, it was only a matter of time before the child started to wail again.

The blonde groaned and took Martin, sitting on the floor and placing him before him. He starred at him with his lips in a flat line. What to do what to do... Martin appeared to be starring back at him with that baby gaze and Gale couldn't help but laugh. "You are too adorable for you own good!" The man slid the baby towards him and tickling Martin's belly, earning a childish squeal and the light laughter. "Come here you!" The artist picked him up again and pulled him close once more, in a sort of hug.

The murderer continued to hold the child, seeing as Martin's whining died down from the play. But this didn't last either and Martin was flailing and screaming again, for what, the third time today? The blonde sighed and stood up sitting on the bed side,"What am I suppose to do with you? You are going to wake everyone up!" Almost as if it were on cue, there was a knock at the door.

"See?" Gale gave Martin a 'I told you so' type of look before heading over to the door and opening it.

There was a man and a woman standing in the hall. The man was rather bulky and definitely taller than Gale with short black hair. The woman was blonde and had a gentle face, standing close to the man's idea. They both looked very concerned and the man questioned,"Is everythin' alright sir?"

"We heard the baby crying for a while now and wanted to make sure you didn't need any help."

Gale's cheek flushed a soft red and he gave a nervous smile. "Nah, I think I am fine, but thanks for the offer. " The man simply blinked but the woman nodded with a slightly assured smile. "I am babysitting the lad while his parents are out so I guess he is just wondering where they are." He let a nervous chuckle pass his lips.

"Oh, that makes sense." The woman nodded now with a grin.

"Well, if ya need any help, we're in teh room next door."

Gale nodded,"Alright, thanks. Sorry to bother you."

"It's alright, we understand. Take care." The two headed down the hall and entered the room to his right.

Gale sighed and went back into his room, shutting the door behind him. Martin was whining the entire time he was talking. "See what you did? You're bugging the neighbors." The widower sat back down on the bed.

After another few bells, the couple came back once more and another young man came by asking what was wrong. Martin appeared to be screaming louder than before and Gale had it. "Martin please!" He held the baby out in front of him. "I know, okay? I get it, you miss mommy and daddy. But you are not the only one, okay? I miss them too, but you cannot keep crying like this!" He turned and placed Martin on the bed. "They are coming back, I promise you, but you just have to wait." Martin was quiet for a few ticks but then was about to start crying again. "No, stop it."He pointed at him with a frustrated look about him. Martin continued to look back at him with a longing expression. "What do you want me to do about it? Wave my magic wand and make them appear?"

Knock, knock, knock.

Gale looked at the door again and rolled his eyes. "We are fine, honestly." He didn't want to go to the door again and be told how annoying Martin was. There was a brief silence and Gale looked back at Martin with his pouting face.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Augh." Gale groaned, grabbing Martin once more and going to the door.

"Surprise!"

Gale's distinct frown quickly flipped into a wide grin and he bellowed a laugh,"Ricky!! Telion!!" He was quickly engulfed in a hug by the parents. He did his best to return to hug, though holding Martin, he was only able to really hug Ricky since he was on his free side. "Goddess, I am so glad to see you two!!
OOCI just assumed that Ricky and Telion would keep knocking until Gale answered. Feel free to say otherwise, I'll change my post accordingly.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Reunion

Postby Ricky Maze on July 23rd, 2014, 8:58 pm

oocFirst off you did awesome with the knocking, the whole post in general! :P Loved every second of reading it, you definitely have an awesome feel when it comes to writing out activities with Martin. I wrote out a couple of actions that involved Gale but nothing above and beyond, either way if you feel I need to change or edit it differently let me know. :)

Gale did talk with the baby it seems which wasn't really all that unusual when you thought about it, given that it was Gale who did strange things on his own accord to begin with. Yet Martin's crying. They knew good and well he did it because he wanted to see them, how long did he have to go about knowing his parents weren't around? Practically an entire season's worth of time considering. They were here now though, he needed wait any longer for the two to show at last. And so with the intent to surprise them the knocks occurred, until at last Gale submitted to opening the door to finally be overwhelmed with the hugs the two had to spare. Martin couldn't stop fidgeting in excitement when Telion's hug embraced both him and Gale, the sight of his parents an extraordinary relief on his part. The long awaited moment of reunion had come at last, they were all finally home once more and could rest easy knowing that the man who left Zeltiva in search of a cure was in fact one hundred percent better.

"Please! We're more den glad t' finally see yew two!" Ricky exclaimed as they still remained in the small family group hug, once that had finally come to break apart though there was of course genuine joy and smiles all around. Telion of course couldn't help but desire to have their son back in her arms and of course it was completely understandable, thus Gale wasn't against handing the child over to his parents now that the relief of constant baby sitting was off his shoulders. With the parents finally reunited with the little joy that bounced in Telion's arms, they found laughter and awes as they witnessed the child desperate to cling to his mother with his eyes constantly on watch with the both of them. He was beyond happy to see them again, yet vigilant to be sure they weren't going to leave him for an extended period of time like before.

"Thank you! Thank you so so very much Gale! You've no idea how important this was to us!" Telion thanked in high appreciation, even when it was her idea to have Gale watch the child. They had believed in him and left him with the charge of Martin, and to see that it paid off while they were gone made the two all the more happy that their decision in Godfather was well placed.

"We got dere as fast as we could mate, even made sure t' run 'ome quicker when we left. No doubt 'annah wrote yew the letter when we arrived? Eit'er way we can all go out an' celebrate wit' some Kelp Beer or somet'in, anyt'in yew feel like doin' mate?" Ricky offered to the Godfather with a strong hearty pat on his shoulder, he did after all feel a strong proud sense of brotherly kinship with Gale. When they both looked at Martin they could tell the child had indeed grown a little, his head had more hair for one and it looked to already darken into the same hair color as his fathers. It wasn't a surprise, considering he already held a strong resemblance to Ricky. All the same though they were joyful to be together again, and the couple wanted to make it up to Gale for leaving him to watch Martin for so long.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reunion

Postby Perplexity on December 26th, 2014, 5:35 pm

You have played well, but the game is at an end.

You have been bested. Beaten. Checkmate!

However, here is a consolation prize: a wealth of Experience and Lores! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to assist you!

Ricky
XP
  • Planning | +1 EXP
LORES
  • No Lores awarded.
MISCELLANEOUS
  • I awarded no Lore in this thread as there was nothing that specifically stood out at something that would fall into the category of an appropriate lore.

Gale
XP
  • Childcare | +1 EXP
LORES
  • Childcare: Gauging The Needs of An Infant
MISCELLANEOUS
  • N/A

Until Our Next Match,
-Perplexity, DS of Zeltiva
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands