[Flashback-Past Life] All "Good" Things End(Chesh)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Orion on October 4th, 2010, 10:05 pm

This broken path I've chosen, I walk it alone.
Though I feel forgotten, you've carved my name in stone.
In these desperate times, this I plead:
when all else fails, remember me.

OOC: This is a past life flashback so the main character is named Jinvan Skyglow, his younger brother is Vornek. They have a very bad relationship, as the younger brother blames the older one for the loss of their parents and their sister. Also, the name of the dead bondmate is Gizelle... but that is a story for another time..... I know i take great pleasure in writing, so to any and all who read this, i hope i made it good enough for you to enjoy it as much as i did.

66th Day of The Season of Fall, 501 AV

„Jinvan“ the sound murmured shaking the silence around the waking up man. „Jinvan Skyglow.... wake up you bastard“ the voice rang another time, but still no light was peering inside as the tired Vantha refused to get up or even open his eyes. „This is your last warning wake up.. or else“ came another sentence in a simple, yet harsh tone. Jinvan quickly got up only to come face to face with his younger brother Vornek, just one simple question parted his lips as he glared at his sibling with murderous intent: „Or else what? The likes of you can`t even dream of standing up to.......“ there his voice trailed off as he could feel a blade at his throat. „How dare you? And seriously are we going through this again?“ a casual tone came from the older one as he quickly jumped to the side bumping his head a bit, but still managing to get a hold of his sword. A slippery sound went through the room as the blade was now drawn out and facing towards the throat of Vornek. It did not stop him though, as he took a step back and started swinging his daggers around in a swirling manner. The room was small, and Jinvan had the advantage of range, but still, even if he didn`t, his little brother was still no good as a warrior, his moves were boring, just too linear, too simple and too slow. It took but a single hit to the stomach to knock the young boy out of his balance, and luckily for him it was done by the blunt end of the sword. As the victorious Vantha sheated his sword back where it belonged, he growled a bit looking at the troublemaker.

„What business do you have with me fledgeling? You know better than anyone that i do not like to be bothered“ a sudden searing pain in his back accompanied by a blunt thumping sound made it clear that Vornek was still a sore loser. „Trust me, i have no real desire to breath even the same air as the likes of you, but there is a mission waiting for us at the entrance to the queen`s palace, all are to asemble and wait for some old fat guy who is supposed to be our new commander... or something along those lines“ the sentence ended as if the voice of the one speaking it suddenly went out.

„I understand... i`ll be... there... soon“ came an indifferent response from Jinvan. As he tried to get up, a sudden kick to the ribs caused him to fall back to the floor, the pain was harsh, but the judging voice that came with it was much more to endure: „That`s for mom..... and dad.... and my sister.....“ Vornek`s voice trailed off as he started sobbing and moving towards the door, he stopped a few steps away to mock his fallen brother: „It was a pleasure to hold the audience of the all so mighty Jinvan Skyglow of the Icewatch“ the sarcastic tone was the last thing that went through the room before the door slammed shut again. Even silence was mocking him, Vantha knew it, still it could not be helped, all his weak little brother just said... it was all true. As he sat up another bolt of piercing pain tumbled down his back.. maybe his brother was not so weak anymore. Quickly getting into his clothes, he then adjusted the leather jerkin over the top of them and attached both of his swords to his right hip, he never really understood why, but it was much easier to draw them out this way. Before heading out through the door, he looked at the mirror that was partially broken years ago. His reflection was the same as ever, than why was the feeling so much different? His short hair kept sticking out on the top of his head as the eyes he hated so much turned to grey. This sort of thing happening was quite often since he lost his parents in an avalanche close to the city. And then there was that time when his sister was attacked by wolves and he was too weak to help her in time. And finally the pain of losing her.... his bondmate... the only one who truly understood what it was like finding peace in solace. The one who knew how to make even the biggest of nightmares go away witch just a flinch of her eye. Even she was lost to the Ukalas, maybe she is one of those Ethaefal persons now? Even so, thinking how his whole life he was protected, by someone else, and how all those other died in his place just like that was too much effort, after all, he still had his brother`s life to treasure, even if that brother would not like to be kept safe. „Later i will beat some sense into that idiot, i can`t lose him as well.... that would be... too much“ those were his final thoughts as he left out the door, leaving them open and moving further away into the snow and mist that were most of that morning.... There is no longer any need for one such as himself to have any friends... almost all of the truly important people in his life were long gone now... and those grey eyes.. maybe they are a good thing... hopefully they will scare those animals they need to kill this time.
Last edited by Orion on October 10th, 2010, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on October 8th, 2010, 9:21 pm

"If there was ever a time to step up and fight it is here and now. Fight and there will never be an absence in your life. Once on top nothing hurts but falling…" Jariah pondered the words of her late husband as she sat in silence next to her mount Kivas. He was young and often a bit finicky but he was a good companion when things got rough. He had been at her side when her husband Vaen was killed and he knew Jariah better than even her own hold. It had been a while since Jariah had spent time at Iceglaze, her home hold. It was not that she was torn apart by her husband's death, she was a very happy individual, a little too happy at times. She just could not face the room where she used to sleep with Vaen. She needed her time.

In the absence of her hold life Jariah had been spending her time at the barracks with Kivas. He was like a younger brother to her even though he was a different species. Kivas lightly nudged his bondmate. "Don't forget about the new watchers you are taking under your wing Jare." She smiled at the kelvic and stood up. "Of course, how could I forget the new fresh meat." She shot her companion a devious smile and walked toward the door. She really did enjoy bossing around new watchers.

Followed abruptly by Kivas, Jariah walked out into the cool Avanthal morning and smiled at the crisp air. Kivas let out a small grunt in annoyance at the cold air. "I swear Kivas, you should have been born a grizzly bear with how much you hate cold weather. Man up." Kivas let out a playful growl and sat down in the snow in front of the barracks. He looked to be about sixteen, seventeen at most but he was only about a year and a half old. His deep brown eyes were often hidden by his shaggy light brown hair that Jariah often attempted to cut. Kivas was a stubborn boy though and was never going to give up his locks that easily. He began to draw shapes in the snow in front of his with his foot. "Jare, when are the new recruits going to be here? It is rude to keep a lady of your ranks waiting." Jariah chuckled and ruffled her bondmate's hair. "I'm not so high and mighty little bear. As long as they show up before sundown." Jariah hoped they would. Talderian animals were a whole different game at night.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Orion on October 9th, 2010, 1:44 am

It truly was a mystery how time passes by so quickly. Jinvan shrugged a bit as he realised he was going to be late... yet again. „Well at least i`m not as late as last time“ he thought as he was moving further and further towards the assmebly before the mission. The thing that amused him the most seemed to be the timid thoughts that started to float around his mind. Come to think of it, there really was not anyone that would fit the description of a „fat, bald guy“ but he still dropped the whole thought as it was not time for such trivial matters. Moving further through the town, he thought a bit about what it actually was they are hunting this time. Jinvan himself was never quite an accomplished hunter, but he still managed to pick up the basics along with the experience that the job provided. Not like he needed any hunting skills, as long as he has his swords, there is no major harm to fall upon him, at least until he meets a sword wielding bear, or even better a fire reimancer Konti. He smiled a bit to himself as he imagined a young Konti girl in his mind. She was wearing a simple white linen tunic that had no sleeves and reached a bit further than her knees. Smiling as she was, she was taming fire so well one might think it was actually a part of her, but why were her eyes closed? His thought ended there as he hit a nearby stranger while daydreaming. Quickly shifting back to reality, he realised he was going the wrong way for some time now, why did things like these always happen to him? He glared at the stranger with an angry grin, the stranger ran quickly as Jinvan had quite the reputation of being a bastard.

Mental note: Daydreaming is a dangerous thing.

It was not much longer... maybe a few hundred feet ahead, but all of a sudden the Vantha realised he was going to be put into an all newbie squad this time. He glared around wanting to break something just for sport. Why did he of all people had to be stuck with a bunch of nobodies and his idiot brother? Hitting a nearby wall, he quickly started shaking his fist through the air..... the pain that was now going through his hand was not much of a mood rise up anyway. The pressing feeling of solitude kept him going this far, so he could not afford to stop now, he could not die this time either, not until his brother becomes man enough to take care of himself. If only he could fix the way that knucklehead feels about him, at least for a moment, it would make him happy.... but Jinvan was no naive fool, he did not have his hopes up when it came to something like this. As he unsheathed one of his swords, he slowly carved a circle in his palm, pushing his hand into the snow that covered the ground he growled to himself: „I swear i will protect that fool“ his voice was shut off soon after that as he grabbed some of the snow and rubbed it onto the wound to mend some of the pain. This kind of a thing was a regular event to him, as he repeated it before every single dangerous thing he had to go through with his weak brother.

Finally reaching a clearing, he could now see a group of people, all of their faces were new, except for his brother`s, that made him somewhat nervous as it was not easy to trust your life to a complete stranger. After a moment of thought he shrugged again, it was not like he had much to live for after all. As he was now only a few feet away from the group, he could see Jariah and that bear idiot.... what was his name again? Jariah was looking as good as ever as he took her measure from a safe distance. He stood next to his brother without any needless mannerisms like saying sorry or something... it was not like he had something to regret after all. „You are late.... idiot“ Vornek growled at his brother and then took a deep breath wanting to continue his lecture: „Do you have any idea how late....“ there his voice trailed off as his older brother saw fit to home an elbow in his stomach. „Do not forget your place brother“ he whispered while kneeling next to his fallen sibling. A playful grin was set on his face as he took back his place among the crowd waiting for Jariah to proceed.
Last edited by Orion on October 30th, 2010, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on October 10th, 2010, 2:28 pm

The area in front of the barracks was slowly starting to fill with young icewatch members. Jariah looked down at Kivas who payed no attention to the growing crowd. He was quite the daydreamer. Once the new hunters had gotten assembled Jariah stood up straight. She was not the tallest woman but luckly her voice made up for her lack of height. "Okay newbies, welcome to your first day of wilderness watch. You will have the great and oh so wonderful honor of working under me, Jariah Iceglaze and my daydreamer of a partner Kivas, no last name needed." Jariah's tone was sarcastic, a light it often took on. She saw no need to be so serious like her close friend Jedara. Jariah walked forward waving herself through the crowd of new members talking as she went. "Icewatch is hard, Icewatch is deadly, but mostly Icewatch demands that you don't slack off, ever." Jariah smiled as she went along. She loved giving these talks. It seperated the people who wanted to be in Icewatch from the people who just joined because they wanted to say they were in. "People die out in the Wastes and the Reaches. Not all of you will come back. A Talderian tiger will not spare you if you get in her way. This is not a fairy tale. No one is going to drag you back home if you get lost in a blizzard unless you have a bondmate which it is clear none of you do." Jariah looked at Kivas. "Anything you would like to add my esteemed colluege?"

The young boy stood up and stretched in the cold Avanthal air. "As a polar bear I know how beasts get in the wild. If they are hungry, they eat you. No questions asked. We will be hunting Talderian Tigers today. They are large and able to blend into the snow. Keep a look out for their green, blue, or brown eyes and their black stripes. They walk silently through the snow and they can pounce without notice." Kivas tended to be a little more mature than his Vantha counterpart. He tended to keep from sarcasm as much as possible. Someone had to even out Jariah's playful attitude.

At the end of Kivas' rant Jariah looked around at the team assembled and smiled. "So if you kids are up to all that then lets head out to the Wastes. No need to burn daylight." She looked over the new recruits. "Any questions my little snowbunnies?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on October 10th, 2010, 7:24 pm

One of the reasons Jinvan was always late is that his stubborn nature did not let him wait on anyone for too long. But now, now he was not even the last to arrive... damn... the universe really played one on him this time. Looking around the crowd he started regretting his bastard attitude for the first time in ages. Most of the people gathered here looked so weak that they would not even make it as a good bait. One of the many reasons he was sent into the weaklings is that he never respected authority enough to stick in one squad for too long, and he was already in all the other squads. As Jariah preached them, he felt a disturbance in his arrogant pride. He could be in a squad with this many idiots, but to be treated equally with them, that was unheard of. Even tho Jinvan found this preaching annoying, actually really annoying.. irritating even, he still understood the significance it had in saving some of these newbies. As the speech continued he could hear mumblings of fear among the crowd: „As soon as she finishes, i`m out“ , „If we encounter any danger... run, i will most certainly do the same“......

Whispers full of sorrow made him sick. How could people as weak as them even be allowed to live when many strong ones already claimed their place in the cycle of rebirth? Where was their pride? Where was the honour of the Vantha people? Where was the might of the Icewatch? Where was the faith in Morwen? Jinvan wanted to kill them, all of them, he wanted it so bad, but after counting the pros and cons of this thought, he quickly shifted his thinking to just beating them up. The woman was about to finish, after hearing so many of these speeches, one could get a sixth sense about how long they usually take. One of her last remarks made him go into a state of turmoil, after all she was no longer by her side, he didn`t have a bondmate, he had nothing, he had no one. No, wait, he might still be able to reach out into the idiotic brain of his brother and pull two of them closer together. As his thoughts became more unstable, he was at the verge of crying, but he could never do so among such lowly cowards. His memories came flashing back one by one, each of them seemed in a different, happier life... He has not always been as he was now, he was not always an angry bastard that hates cowards, a long time ago he knew how to love, he was not a crude, frozen and empty shell. But somewhere along the road it all vanished into thin air, it all turned to oblivion. He was no longer sad, it was hard to explain, but he was quite mad at both himself and his surroundings. He was almost at the breaking point and as he realised the bear was talking, he turned around to see how many of them were still here, and was surprised to see that no one left yet. And just as he was about to become calm, he heard a strangely familiar whisper behind him: „See that guy over in the front of the group? They say he is an unrealible moron who will probably get us all...“ there the stranger`s voice became silent as Jinvan glared at him with murderous intent. „What`s the matter, cat got your tongue? Yes, i am Jinvan, Jinvan Skyglow of the Icewatch, and another yes, i may be the one to get you all killed, but remember this..... without me you are already as good as dead“ his ego was pulsing through the air that was above them as he grabbed the throat of the mouthy stranger.

Punching him as hard as he could into the crotch, he smiled at him a bit drawing out his sword and mumbling while pointing it at the knocked out man: „You think those beasts are tough? At least they will end your miserable existence much quicker than i ever could“ he took a deep breath before saying his final statement: „Do not agitate me fledgeling, it might just be the last thing you do on this good earth“ there he ended with a grin of triumph on his face as he sheathed his sword back and pulled up the weak stranger. Vornek watched all of this from the side seemingly amused, not even moving an inch. Moving back to his spot, Jinvan hoped none of those two in charge saw what just happened in the middle of the crowd, he was in no mood for a lecture now. Just as he thought there was the end of the lecture and they were setting out, an opening had presented itself to him. In a calm tone of voice he called out his question: „Are we seriously taking all of these good for nothing cowards with us into the Wastes?“ his voice resonated with frustration and anger as he he ended his line. All there was to happen now was another lecture about how full of himself he was, or at least so he thought as he awaited for his answer.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on October 13th, 2010, 2:00 am

So there was a hotheat in the group. Jariah did not expect to see anyone acting out. This was supposed to be a group of newbies. They would be too scared to try messing around. To her surprise someone broke her expectations. There was a deviant in the crowd. There always had to be, it was ineviable. Jariah loved the challange though. She was not the most serious in the lofty ranks of Icewatch and when an oppertunity like this arised she jumped on it. "We are taking each and every one of you to the Wastes. How else am I supposed to tell which of you are lemmings and which of you are leopards. If you catch my drift that is?" She shot a playful glance at rebelious Vantha and her eyes turned a jovial shade of royal blue. "Unless I am doing my job wrong and you..." She snapped her fingers in front of her face trying to think of a name. "little cub, think you could do it better. By all means, lead the group. I would love to just head back to the barracks and have a nice glass of tea by the fire." Jariah looked over the rest of the recruits essembled and then looked back at Jinvan. "What is your name cub?" The recruit interested her. It was no secret that Jariah liked to pick on a certain member in each of her recruit groups. It looked like she had just found her victim for this time around.

A few people attempted to scurry away as Jariah spoke to Jinvan. It was not honorable to abandon their duties but to them life was more important than honor. Jariah looked toward the north and smiled. "To the wastes my little cubs!" Due to Jariah's close kinship with Kivas she had started to call her new recruits cubs. Kivas jumped to his feet and raced to Jariah's side like a loyal dog. She looked over the group and walked next to Jinvan. "I saw what you did to your comrade. Although it is funny I would say for the sake of morale not to do it again. How are we supposed to keep the population of Avanthal strong if you destroy a man's crotch?" She chuckled and pulled Jinvan with her to the front of the group."Today, you are sticking with me."

Soon the group was in the wastes and Jariah called to get the groups attention. The group was smaller than it was when the recruits had first assembled. The Wastes did magic on the cowards soul. It made them flee faster than mice and that was what she needed. She did not need any slackers or cowards in her ranks, only dedicated warriors. "We are hunting in the Wastes today. If you have an issue with that, you can find your way home alone. If you choose to stay, we are hunting snow leopard. Their population is getting a little high for Jedara's liking so we are going to cut them down to size." Jariah had to raise her voice even more than usual to have her recruits hear her over the roaring winter wind."I imagine all of you know how to hunt. If you don't you better have an amazing friend at your side who can teach you in about five chimes." Kivas looked toward the horizon and sniffed. "A group of three are approaching, get ready." His words were serious and heavy. Some people would die, Jariah and Kivas could only hope more would live.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on October 14th, 2010, 8:44 am

Ohh, great, just great, so she was one of those ray of sunshine, optimistic people, somehow Jinvan tended to dislike that in a leader, but with her looks she could be forgiven. Here comes the part where he was going to be offered a job of leading this bunch of clowns where they`ve never been before. The Vantha already had a fixed response to that one; As soon as Jariah finished he took a few steps towards her, stopping just far enough to need to bow his head a bit in order to look at her while talking. „I had no intention what so ever to take your place, and lead“ his voice paused a bit as he too a look around the group, and damn, Vornek was still there, quite a stubborn kid he was, Jinvan continued: „If it were up to me, we would not have enough men, and i don`t feel like going back to the hold just yet“ he said his last words in a playful tone and they did bring some sort of a warrior`s joy to him. Someone was asking for his name? Why was that even of importance; Somehow he felt uneasy, it really was a while since someone acted friendly-ish even after seeing his bastard act, with somewhat of a smile he responded quietly: „My name, Jinvan“ shrugging a bit as he ended the sentence. He still had a problem with being called a cub, but after seeing Jariah`s bondmate again, he dropped all disputes and continued to march slowly.

Walking next to Jariah he felt sort of uneasy knowing his little brother was still in the crowd, why was that fool even allowed to go in the first place, but after already agreeing to follow Jariah`s lead, he was not about to question it now, or at least not as long as she would be able to be swift and sane when making life and death decisions. Just as he was about to ask her something, the woman spoke to him and even though he did not expect it, it was rather pleasant, even though it was one of those „to pass the time“ conversations. „You know as well as me not even half of them has the strength to survive out there, and it would be no better even if we were hunting freakin` rabbits“ he whispered his doubts as he did not want to be at fault for the whole group deserting. „And please, if you could refrain from calling someone as weak as him my comrade, i would very much appreciate it. If he had any guts at all, i would be lying in the snow next to him. We are of the same people, yes, but to be called one`s comrade, one has to believe in another first... or so my reason goes...“ his voice trailed off as he had one more thing to ask. „That small runt in the back“ he pointed towards Vornek as subtle as he could still speaking in a bit more than a whisper: „That weakling is my brother, and even though he wants to be a warrior one day, he is far too slow and far too weak now to be called one.... What i really wanted to ask you is; Promise me that you will get that idiot safely home if anything happens to me, use orders if you must, at least that way he has to listen to you....“ his voice trailed off again as he was thinking about too many bad outcomes.

They were in the Wastes, finally they reached nature`s fierce playground and the hunt was about to begin, but what these newbies would probably not understand is that it is they who are the prey... at least for now. As he heard Kivas speaking he quickly drew out his swords and started moving as he was about to leave through the back of the group, only to set his stance down there. Animals here were not stupid, it was long ago that they learned that the weakest ones are always in the back and that it is not always to attack at once. Jinvan knew of this because his last raiding party failed miserably while facing a little over a dozen well coordinated beasts. He sighsed a bit as he awaited for judgement to come, but on whom will it be done, that was still a matter for gods to decide. If only Syna could see him now, he thought as he grazed the grey sky with his still equally colored eyes. Morwen too, and Gizelle... he was going to make sure all his girls get a good show, right here, right now
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on October 16th, 2010, 10:44 pm

From what Jariah was seeing Jinvan was not one for camaraderie. He was by definition, a one man army. He did not need others, or at least he seemed to come off that way. It made Jariah chuckle. A good number of strong, promising members of Icewatch had died because they were "too good to work with others". Jariah felt a small pang of sadness hit her. She had known someone like him, someone who thought he was so much better than the rest of his group. The truth was, no one was the best nor was anyone the worst. Everyone, regardless of skill fluctuated. "I think you need to have a little more faith in your com…partners. A good squad cannot work to it's full potential if one of the better members looks down on the less skilled." Jariah knew a little of Jinvan's past. She had to if she was going to over see him. He had lost a bondmate and many other things. She knew why he was bitter. Still she worried that his lack of faith in his comrades would hinder them in the field. "I know for sure that I am better and more skilled than you but I do not look down on you. Remember that. Everyone has room to grow and get better just like everyone can fall from grace. There is never a time to pass judgement even if it seems obvious that you should."

Now lilac colored eyes looked over at Jinvan's brother. He did look considerably younger and less experienced. On the other hand his brother had said that he wanted to be a warrior. "I believe that if he truly wants to be a fine solider he will be. You know of Jedra Whitevine correct? The leader of Icewatch? Do you think she was always so well liked and looked up to? No one thought she would make it to where she is now. They told her…" Jariah's voice took a gruff tone to mimic one of the men in Icewatch. "Jedara, you are a Whitevine and Whitevine's heal! Who ever heard of a Whitevine who wanted to fight?" Jariah smiled at the memories of her friend. "She proved them wrong though. She was the textbook example of an underdog and look at her now. The heart of a warrior is a lot more powerful than one would think." She knew she was pretty much preaching now to the young Vantha. She knew he really did not care about anything she was saying. He needed to hear it though. "I highly doubt anything will happen to you out here but if it will make you feel better I promise I'll get him home safely."

Over the horizon a small pack of snow leopards approached. Jariah smiled at Jinvan and ran forward. "On with the hunt!" The leopards were not as happy about the meeting as the light hearted commander was though. They stalked closer to the group of Icewatch, their stomachs growling. They were hungry and a few Vantha were not going to keep them from a good meal. There was one who was obviously the leader of the three cats. He as larger than the other two who were both female. He let out a small growl and the three sped down the hill. The leader of the felines set his ice blue eyes on a man, Jinvan. He ran to the man and roared as he closed in. Claws sharper than daggers flew and slashed across the man's chest. It was time for Jinvan to show exactly how good he was.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on October 17th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Jinvan really put up his best efforts to come of as a bastard enough to be left alone as he always hoped to be, still it was not enough to make Jariah stop talking. Why was that girl so fixed on solving everything? He knew she had quite a lot tragedies of her own, still it made him growl at how happy and ignorant she was. He could not understand... in fact, he did not even want to understand, but as the conversation was burning their time it was a thing to be continued with some basic form of joy. For a moment the woman looked sad, but Jinvan wrote it off as unimportant, or at least not a subject of the conversation. The Vantha admired his optimistic leader to some extent, yet he would not let it show so easily. „You truly are not leader material, you know that? You are way too kind and.... ah forget it...“ his voice trailed off as this bickering about who was right and who was wrong ticked him off quite a lot, and was really not his thing. „You really should start looking down on me. I never asked you any favours and i usually grant none“ his voice paused a bit as he needed to cough for almost a full chime, of all times this was probably the worst for one to catch cold : „It`s much better to have them running off alive and hating me, than them dying and having me hating myself ... or so my reason dictates. Many of them will be great warriors, but they need to understand the difference between now and that „one day“. Nevermind, i probably said too much already....“ his voice trailed off as he was looking around for any traces of the sun.... none were present, that made him a bit mad.

Jinvan looked at his brother almost at the same time the leader did but Vornek seemed to notice only his brother as he glared back seemingly provoked by his brother`s gaze. He was now looking back at the one who led them and started to talk back: „He may be a warrior somewhere in his mind, but deep in his heart he is still just a child lost in time. One day he will surpass even my prime, i have not even a single doubt in my mind that he will, but knowing his rash character it will be required that someone keeps him in check every now and then“ his voice then switched to the next part of his reply as he started to talk a bit slower and a lot more quiet: „Jedara? Where do you think i`m from? Freakin` Syliras or what? Everyone knows what Jedara went through, and that is the main reason she holds such respect. I admire to people like her that go through so much and don`t brake apart, people like you.....“ his voice disappeared completely as he realized what he was saying did not go along well with his mood and adittude. Somehow speaking his mind and having conflicts when it came to oppinions with the woman made Jinvan feel a lot better in a way. „I will probably survive as long as i don`t do anything rash or stupid so be sure to keep that kid in check, it`s hard to subdue a hot head when i have my hands full. But let`s just prepare for the worst, and then assuming the best does not hurt at all“ his voice was quickly swallowed up by the wind as he realized the armor made him sweat a bit.

The beasts were here, Jinvan could pick up subtle sounds among the whispers in the crowd still his reaction was not swift enough as he got a hit in the chest. Quickly rolling to the side he realised he got the biggest cat and smiled in extatic feeling of joy.... warrior`s joy. It took him but a single moment to get up and sheeth the sword he was holding in his right hand. He will need a lot of strength to take down this one, and it was much better to concentrate all that might in one hand than swing it around with both hands. He set his posture low and strong, keeping his balance well in place. It was unusal for a warrior like him to use a deffensive tactic like this, but it was also unusual to have such a swift beast maiming him. He drew one of his legs back shifting all of his weight onto that leg and keeping his other leg completely light as now only the tips of his fingers were touching the snow. Suddenly Jinvan started growling which made a couple of the nearby fighters turn for a moment before going back to their fights. The Vantha knew what he was doing. The beast was quicker , but he was stronger, all he needed to do is make the beast leap at him, and than with one strike he could take it down, or at least seriously wound it. He started growling even louder provoking the predator to come forth and initiate the fight. Two nearby Vantha men were just staring at the situation without moving much at all. They were either too scared to move, or too curious about what the hell Jinvan was doing.
Last edited by Orion on October 30th, 2010, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on October 27th, 2010, 8:45 pm

The man spoke almost as if he was expecting to die. Jariah was not sure why, the man seemed to be in good health and he seemed strong. She could not think of any reason why the man was so caught up about protecting his brother. "Can this man see the future? He does not seem to bear the mark of Tanroa." She smiled at the man and shook her head. "Once again, if you want to take control of this mission be my guest. If you know so much about leading then obviously I should usurp my position to you." The man was quite the sight to Jariah. It was not that he was odd looking he just seemed like he was mentally far away. "I don't look down on my fellow Icewatchers, we are all one body, one mind, and one force. Plus, I'm not that tall so it is a bit hard for me to look down on you."

Despite Jariah trying to be friendly Jinvan kept his icy wall up around him. He seemed to be getting a little warmer in the fact that he was feeling comfortable with giving her little verbal jabs. He began to speak of Jedara and his tone was less than respectful but Jariah liked that he didn't stick to the status quo. It was the main reason she was in charge of the new recruits. She put up with their cocky attitudes and snarky comments with a laugh. On the other hand many new recruits did not like her for that reason. She noticed Jinvan was going to say something about her but stopped mid sentence. He tended to do that often. Jariah shrugged and smiled. "Well lets hope you are not stupid today then. It's always best to return to the city with all the newbies." She clapped the young man on the back and prepared for battle. There was nothing she loved more.

On the hill the leopard was watching Jinvan carefully. The cat was not a newborn. He knew how to deal with hunters and the likes of Icewatch. He licked his lips and panted in the frigid air. He was ready for a fight and he had chosen his partner wisely. He stalked toward the man and let out a low growl in response to the man's growl. The leopard had not expected to hear a Vantha growl but he did not back down. His spotted tail flicked playfully through the flurry filled air. The cold did not faze him too much within his thick grey coat. The leopard sniffed at the air and stood his ground. His blue eyes watched his opponent carefully. When the moment felt right he wound up and let at the man's arm. Sharp fangs clamped down on the man's arm. The teeth threatened to pierce though his coat as the large cat began to pull at the sleeve. The leopard's thick tail whipped at the air fiercely as he struggled to hold to the man's arm. The next goal of the arctic cat? Ripping the Vantha's arm clean off of his body.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Next