[Flashback-Past Life] All "Good" Things End(Chesh)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Orion on October 30th, 2010, 4:08 pm

OOC: Sorry, but it does not let me put in a frame so i have discarded the colour as well.

The woman's chatter seemed to be without end. He couldn't really say it was unpleasant, but the whole „look on the bright side“ thing was quite out of his nature. Maybe once, a long time ago, it could be accomplished, but not now..... not anymore.
„You are.... a weird leader... i'll give you that much“ his voice was suddenly cut off as he caught himself enjoying this bickering, and felt bad about it. Still his curious nature called on him to push things along further as he made yet another remark that made him grin to himself: „And if i was to kneel down? Would you look down on me then?“ his playful tone ringed a bit only to be lost somewhere in the domain of Zulrav, the winds really were strange that day...

This woman intrigued Jinvan to quite an extent, she was strong, actually quite strong.... maybe she could kick his but as well? His thought than switched to her next „quality“, ah yes the all so cheerfull, if it was not for that side, this woman would be purely attractive, but like this she was not lacking any appeal, but the annoyance level had just raised itself a bit. Maybe that's why he found her appealing? 'Cause she was weird and ticked off when it came to reasonable judgement? Maybe 'cause she was strong? „Strong.... but strong people die quite often“ he thought to himself as he wondered was the only reason he survived this long the fact he was not as strong as he figured he was. „Idealistic? Yea, i think that is the word they use when they want to speak about hopes as big as your's“ the Vantha could not help but smile as he could never understand such a mind.

The damn cat was faster than he thought, still the iron grip of it's jaws was either not reaching the flesh or the adrenaline was too high for the man to feel pain or fear. He could feel the force pulling his sleeve, he could feel it, and it was barely worth the mention, this was not a beast, it was an overgrown house pet. Using the part of his arm he could move, he grabbed the leopards throat as hard as he could, but given the awkward position not much pressure could be applied. The next idea was not quite orthodox or so he thought as he quickly threw himself down onto the ice keeping the firmest grip he had on the animal. It was enough to hold the leopard a bit more still as the other arm was now swinging a sword straight down, aiming at it's spine, only an inch or two away from it's neck. Eyes were no longer grey, they were angry, bloodthirsty, blazing with rage and crimson red. Jinvan could not stop himself from laughing as all of this was happening, true joy, a warrior's joy, it was now growing deep inside of him spreading quickly to all parts of his body. Only one beast? Was someone up there in Ukalas trying to mock him?
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on November 2nd, 2010, 7:59 pm

Fur prickled on the back of the leopard. He was not going to be beaten by a Vantha. It gripped harder to the man's arm but what it really wanted was his jugular. The leopard knew instinctually that if he could get to the throat the man would no longer be an issue. No one, not even Jedara, could continue to fight when they were bleeding to death out of their most precious vein. If the cat successfully pierced the man's jugular he would bleed out in three minutes, five if he was unlucky. Either way, it would be a painful and bloody death.

A pained roar ripped though the cats throat as the Vantha grabbed into his neck. Claws on his back paws swung up and attempted to slash at what ever they could find. The Vantha made a sudden move, a fall to the icy ground. It was a bad idea though, now the man was on the leopard's level. He found footing and wiggled out of the man's grasp. A growl rumbled from it's lips and it stalked closer to the man. It's tail whipped and lashed back and forth. The cat stalked over to the man and climbed over him. Two large paws were placed on either side of the man's head. A low growl vibrated in the feline's throat and looked down at him with ice blue eyes. One move and the leopard's fangs would pierce the man's throat.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Orion on November 4th, 2010, 7:29 pm

OOC: This is all written based on reading about both reaction speed for a regular human, as well as the regular animal, if i have made any mistakes through the course of it, be sure to point them out to me. Also, there were multpile ways of coping with this, or at least there were when ideas came to mind, but i picked seemingly the simplest of them. On the side note, i am not sure if the size of the beast is normal or dire, but that would still not have much to do with the overall course of action, as the only questionable part then would be if a Vantha could actualy tackle something like that or so my reasoning goes.

He made........ a mistake? How was that even possible, he was hunting down beasts for a living for a long time now, so how come that a mere cat can have more reason than him? Angered by the sudden change of tide and his guilt when it came to it Jinvan growled to himself while smirking at his nemesis, or at least that's how the leopard seemed now. However, the leopard was unaware that who he was trying to fight was not just a simple newbie that would beg for his life in the clash that was just about to begin.

Not waisting his times, Jinvan analyzed the situation again, this time trying to let both his ego and blood rage fall from the equation. And he saw it, there it was, a solution; After all, every problem had one, not neccesarily a good one but still.
As both of his arms were to the left side of his body, as was one of his swords, he understood his options were limited, and what little options he had seemed quite obscene to an inexpirienced fighter. Quickly thursting both of his hands in the animals belly and both squeezing and twisting them as hard as he could, he then raised his head up quickly, only to do what the animal intended to to a simple prey. His hands were already in pain from too much grip that he was applying to the animals belly, but that was not the biggest of his worries as his teeth that sank into the animals neck were now at their limit too. A man could no longer think quite clear with all the pain that was searing through all parts of his body, and Jinvan was not exception, he wanted to end this, not picking any means, as he tackled the hurt animal to the side, not losening the grip of his bite one bit, but simply turning the tables, as he was now on top of the beast. The claws that were swinging around randomly, or so it seemed to the Vantha were getting closer and closer to his flesh as the jerkin was not the best armor to stand this kind of punishment. In several places on his arms and shoulders he could already feel what seemed to be blood pouring down his body. While using one hand to try and disable one of the leopard's legs he was using the other one to blindly find the sword that was laying somewhere next to them if his land navigation was as good as he thought it was. It was no longer a duel, or a fight, it was more like two ferocious predators were struggling for the leadership of the pack, both staking their lives onto this magnificent bet.

Jinvan's eyes were red for quite some time now, but still he did not feel angry, irritated maybe, but not angry. Finally some hope shot through them as he was now able to feel out the blade of his sword under his palm. He felt like he did not have the time to pull it up and get a decent feel on the hilt as he quickly enveloped the blade in his palm at about half it's length and thursting it in what felt like the beast's belly, but it could have as well been a bit higher as suddenly the reactions of the animal became lesser and lesser as a large pool of crimson fluid was pouring out onto the snow and ice that were covering the ground.
It was still alive, if it could be called alive; Still it did not stop Jinvan from reaching out to the hilt of his sword and wiggling the blade inside the body of the bleeding cat. Even he considered what he was doing now a bit too cruel as he had already won, but he did not think he had the luxury of dropping his guard as long as there was still a beating heart in his way. It did not take long for the heat of life to extinguish completely in his enemy, but once it did, and the adrenalin took a break from controlling all of his senses, he could feel pain all over his upper body, especially in the area of the shoulders. As he was crawling away from the carcass, he still did not know where his other sword was, still it was not so important, as he sheathed the sword that was in his arms and took off the jerkin to try and examine the wounds he had just earned.
It was not even a full moment as he realized that he really was bleeding all over, but from his perspective he thought of it all as scratches as he could still move more or less freely. Standing up barely he got dressed again while spitting out what was left of the fur in his mouth. His own blood was dripping down to the tips of his fingers, and the blood of the recently fell animal was pouring down his chin almost as if he was feeding on it's body, and in a way he had really done that. He did not bother wiping it away as he was searching for his other sword again, only to find it a few feet away from his recent battlefield. Suddenly it struck him, what about Vornek, what about that fool? Looking around while holding the sword he just found in his left hand, as his right one was still bleeding he thought he saw that another animal was killed, and what seemed to be a crowd around the other one, still he could not pick out what happened or was happening at that chime, all of the faces were a mystery too as he started moving slowly towards the source of the ruckus. Feelings caught up with him, life was cruel, so why did he have to make death equally cruel?
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on November 9th, 2010, 3:02 am

OOCThe majority of wild animals in Taldera are Dire. These leopards are dire :)
The leopard fought and he would fight as hard and fierce as his wild instincts would let him. Still, needle sharp claws and dagger like fangs were nothing against the glory of a sword. That did not mean that the feline gave up without a fight. He raged through the motions of predatory battle until… A sword slid up through his ribs and sliced open a lung. There was no way the cat would live. He was on his way to Dira now. The Vantha had won this battle but the war still raged. The thick scent of blood was in the air and that only meant one thing. There were more predators on the way.

Now the battle was focused on a single leopardess surrounded by a pack of Vantha. She was enraged. No she was past enraged. She was furious. At the hands of Jivan her mate had perished. The man would pay. Her golden eyes searched the crowd looking for a weak link. She wanted to pay the Vantha back for the death of her mate. Suddenly she found her prey. A boy a bit younger than the rest. She let forward and grabbed the boy by the arm. A cry rose over the sea of recruits. "The beast has taken Vornek! After her!" There was no time though. The scent of blood had caught the attention of a dire wolf. Granted it was a bit tired out and hungry. It was willing to fight. Jariah's eyes turned a bright pink as she searched for Jinvan through the crowd. "Cub! You get your brother! We will handle this over grown dog!" The beast waiting for Jinvan was much more dangerous than the wolf though. Rhysol hath no fury like a woman scorned. The Vantha has killed her mate so she would do due diligence. She would kill his brother. Now Jinvan was given a choice. Risk his life to save his brother or live with the guilt of being too scared to save Vornek. Only he and possibly Lhex knew what he would choose.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on November 13th, 2010, 3:28 pm

OOC: Than i will justify that part by the delirium of the animal as it was in pain, it mostly used it's own strength to fall to the ground in hope of shaking off the Vantha. Hopefully it's good enough of an explanation.

Vornek was never meant to be a warrior, even while they were small, he was always pretty much good for nothing that concerned fighting. He was weak yes, but he was still a brother, and he was to be protected.

Why was that fool so full of fear? Why was it that he wanted to be a soldier despite his weak willed nature? Jinvan could not help but wonder to himself as he drew out his swords only to realize, his right arm was not in it's prime. The pain seared through it each time he would try to raise it higher than his neck. That somewhat limited both his options and resources as he was getting near the animal, wondering where to strike without having Vornek caught up in it.
Something that sounded a lot like silenced sobbs could be heard from the throat of the younger Vantha, Jinvan thought about yelling at him for being weak, and then he got an idea.

„How dare you call yourself my brother and still be so weak?“ it seemed as it was working as he could see Vornek pulling at the animal, almost as if he was trying to run up to his brother and strangle him. It seemed to have distracted the animal a bit before she thightened the grip on it's prey.

Jinvan quickly rushed at the beast pushing both of the swords over the target and trying to pull them down over it's spine. The cat was quicker yes, but Jinvan figured that she would not be able to release the preasure on his brother's arm quickly enough to escape final doom. Still the plan was far from perfect as he could hear all the „what if“s and „but“s in his head, but it was too late for questions as the swords were now falling over to hopefully impale the target... the only thing that remained were the answers. But would one truly like what he could find?
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on November 17th, 2010, 9:54 pm

The warrior's injured arm would hinder him. It was inevitable. One had no chance against a Dire Leopard when they were injured. Even if the man had been in perfect condition it would have been hard to take the large cat down. The leopard was driven by anger. This man had killed her mate and in return she would tear his brother limb by limb. As the man walked up to her she got down on her haunches and growled. Her large tail whipped back and forth and her sharp fangs bit down harder on the young Vantha's arm.

The man's time was running out. The deep blue eyes of the leopard were locked on him and unlike the Vantha she was barely injured. Her massive ears twitched as the Vantha yelled in her direction. She did not know that the Vantha was not yelling at her. She did not understand Vani. She only knew that this creature was yelling and she was the one dangling his brother in front of Dira. A tug at her jaw caught her attention as the younger Vantha attempted to get to his brother. She growled and chomped down harder on his arm. The blood began to drip into the snow around them. Sadly, the leopard did not get to enjoy the taste of blood for long. The other Vantha had moved and he was going to attack. The leopard moved quickly and dodged the swords. This was going to end now. She dropped the limp Vornek and stared Jinvan down. The leopard was as tall as the Vantha on four legs and there for had a perfect shot at his jugular. She charged forward and pounced on the man. One paw was large enough to hold Jinvan down. Her large fangs did not take long to sever his jugular. Blood poured from his neck and stained the ground a crimson hue. She pulled back taking with her a large amount of his muscle. She lifted her blood stained muzzle into the air and roared at her conquest. It was a call to her fallen mate. Feline justice had been served and now it was just a matter of chimes until Dira came to take Jinvan away.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on December 5th, 2010, 12:30 am

OOC: Fixed it up, sorry for not reading the muscle thing correctly. I once knew a man who got his carotid cut, and then drove 7 miles to the hospital, so i wanted to have a smiliar misshap. xD Yea that's my crazy personality.

Pain. He could feel it. He was enveloped in it. His eyes started to fill themselves with tears. It was not the pain of the wound that troubled him, it was the fact that he failed to save Vornek; He failed, just like he failed with everyone... everyone else....

As the beast climbed it's gaze up to the sky, he remembered his thoughts from the previous fight. „Only one cat?“ that somewhat cocky and entertaining thought now seemed so miserable, as he could feel his life was coming to an end. It was a good life, wasn't it? His thoughts were then silenced by a loud roar that spread through the air. But it was not the roar of triumph he could feel a moment before, it was the roar of pain as Vornek had jumped onto the beast as if he was mounting it and started to cut it up little by little. This was a bad idea. But it was not like Jinvan could stop him from doing anything anymore.

His arms and legs refused to litsen when he tried to pull them up in order to do something; Anything. It was as if they were made out of iron themselves or were simply pushing him into the ground. Death was a funny thing; The higher the man was, even greater was the fall. His task was done, whatever it may have been. He tried to exhale peacefully, only to have blood sprout out of his mouth, he couldn't even speak. Something was happening with Vornek and the beast, but his sight was too clouded to tell him what exactly was going on.

He had given up; He was gone.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cheshire on December 9th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Character: Orion
Experience:
Lore: Feeling Protective for Family, Never Giving Up on One's Comrades, Not Being Afraid to Talk Somewhat Disrespectfully to Higher Ranking Officers, Peacefully Accepting Death

Additional Note: I feel so bad that I cannot give you XP for this. I really enjoyed this thread. If it was not for this would have never made Jeriah! Feel free to PM me with any concerns.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Previous