A Hunting We Will Go [Aran]

Aran takes Rue on an a hunting trip

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Naiya on July 25th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Summer 514 AV Day 13

Two large buckets lay strewn in the grass, empty now though still slick with wetness, accompanied by Rue who had fallen beside them. Before such a thing would have drawn a curse from Rue's lips, but now she found she nearly cowered as her cry the sounds of the fallen buckets beating the earth drew her father from the depths of the pavilion.

"What happened?" The words were a low rumbling sound, all the more worrisome in their quiet. He had been in a poor mood when he had sent her to fetch water alone, and now his posture held the tension and shape of dangerous anger.

"There was a hoof pick hidden in the grass," Rue's voice trembled as it scraped by her lips, her body screaming of penance, "I stepped on it and the pick caught the heel of my boot." His scowl darkened and she hurried to explain, "I stumbled and the water took my balance, I caught my fall," She showed him the reddening marks on her forearms, "but the buckets weren't so lucky."

That she was worried that she had finished her explanation without interruption, it was not a good sign, rather one of his inability to express the depths of his anger.

He glanced around, and despite the early hour, there were a number of other people about. Witnesses to his anger. He yanked her to feet by one of her offered forearms, and hissed a single word into her ear.

"Inside." Rue rushed to obey despite her worry of what was to come.

Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aran Windblown on July 25th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Aran had not paid the girl much mind-- it was not uncommon for people to trip over thing hidden in the grass. What he did pay attention to, however, was the irate man who chastised and then chased the girl into the tent. Aran was not usually one to even consider interfering in another family's affairs, but he'd seen this particular girl being scolded for minor things before. He knew of her, of course-- most members of the Amethyst clan did. Rue Nightsong, bastard.

Aran hesitated only a moment before approaching the tent, catching the girl's father before he entered. "Sir?" he asked, in lining his head respectfully. "I was hoping to speak to you about Rue; may I?"
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Words: 41102
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on July 26th, 2014, 5:59 am

All the muscles of his back tightened for a moment, and his shoulders rose and fell in a deep breath before Achaius turned to face the source of the strange voice.

"What has she done now?" The resigned tone of his voice almost hid the angry undertone. He looked the younger man up and down, assessing him on the care of his clothes and the manner in which he stood.

The boy didn't seemed injured, Achaius noted, nor did he carry something that the troublesome girl had broken, so what could he possibly want with the wreck of a girl he had sent inside?

Rue settled in what was sectioned off as her room - a space she had been given when the other girls had told their mothers Rue threatened to harm them in their sleep- a tiny space that only just fit her bedroll and a chest of her things. Awaiting her father's arrival, and when he didn't appear quickly she had to wonder what had caught his attention.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aran Windblown on July 26th, 2014, 1:20 pm

"Nothing," Aran replied. "But I have seen her around-- I wish to get to know her better. She seems... interesting." In truth, she did-- but she also seemed like she could use a day off. Aran was well aware that she could and probably would be angry at him for interfering, but even if she just went and did her own thing while Aran stood by to keep up the pretense, Aran thought that it might be worth it.

Taking Rue for an outing, should her "father" give his permission, would also serve another purpose: It would keep Aran's family at bay for a little while longer. They were still insistent that, since Kaiphur-- Aran's slave-- had yet to become pregnant, Aran needed to continue trying to find a wife. The Drykas had the feeling that even if Kaiphur were to grow round with child, his family would still insist on a marriage, especially since he was well past the age where most other Drykas men were already married and had at least one child. Aran didn't want to rush anything, though; if he were to marry, he would want it to be at least with someone that he genuinely liked and thought he would be able to tolerate for the rest of their lives, if not someone he loved. He was not going to be forced into marriage, even if it got him thrown out of his pavilion, or even out of Endrykas altogether.

OOC :
Sorry for short-ish reply, I promise that these will get better as I work more!
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on July 26th, 2014, 11:25 pm

He was a suitor then? Achaius's demeanor changed almost completely, growing excited at the prospect.

"Rue!" He bellowed over his shoulder, and moments later her voice drifted from the other side of the tent's wall.

"Yes father?" It was a title Rue had taken to using, it seemed to appease the others of the house if not the man on which it was used, but nothing she did appeased him, so she kept searching for something that would.

The large man stepped aside and made a shooing motion. "Go with him." His body added the undertone of command, and Rue found herself face to face with a young man she had only ever glimpsed in passing before.

"What?" She blinked rather stupidly at the two men, confused at the sudden change in her father.

"Leave now." Was the only answer, and he disappeared into the depths of the pavilion.

oocThat was rather abrupt, but I'd rather not spend too much time in the pretense. Besides, it is realistic to expect Achaius to simple ship Rue off with the young man. With any luck -in her father's opinion- Aran will get Rue pregnant and be forced to take her as his bride.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aran Windblown on July 26th, 2014, 11:39 pm

Aran was a bit bemused at how quickly the elder man was to foist his daughter off on Aran-- no negotiation, no "what do you plan to do with her", nothing. Still, Aran wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth. He turned to Rue with a smile, and inclined his head slightly. "I am Aran Windblown; I requested that your father allow me to take you for an... outing, of sorts." Gods, Aran was actually going to need to figure out something for them to do now.... "Would you care to ride with me?" Hopefully Rue would make it easy for him to decide what they could do-- although they could always just wander around on horseback; Aran wouldn't be opposed to that, and neither would Anyalvis.

OOC :
I don't mind that it's abrupt, haha. Although I can understand why, if Rue's father just wants her gone.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on July 27th, 2014, 3:39 am

Riding, her eyes lit up at the thought. She couldn't remember the last time she had just gone out to ride. Not to exercise Wildfire, but just to ride.

She almost lost herself in the excitement of the rare event, but then she realized exactly what had taken place. She didn't even know this man, and her father just tossed her into his arms. What if he meant her harm?

Nice to meet you. I am "Rue." She eyed him warily, what purpose did it serve him to have pulled her from her father's tirade?

"Where will we be riding? Should I bring my bow?" She would need to grab her yvas as well before she went to collect Wildfire.

And she really should pick up those buckets before something happened to them...
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aran Windblown on July 27th, 2014, 11:48 am

"You may bring your bow; I'll be bringing mine, just in case. I thought that perhaps we could venture out from camp a ways; it is a beautiful day." Aran offered Rue a smile. "Maybe we'll even find some decent prey to bring home for dinner."

Aran liked the way that the girl's face had lit up when he mentioned riding-- it made her look younger, prettier. He also got the feeling, however, that she didn't get much chance to just ride for the pleasure of it.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on July 27th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Rue nodded softly, happy to duck back into the tent and grab her bow and quiver.

"Excuse me a moment?" She requested softly as she peeked into the pavilion and then quickly slipped inside. Her bow rested unstrung beside her bed pallet, her quiver rest beside the bow, and her travel bag had bow strings and other essentials for riding out in the grasses. With a small smile she lifted the three things, the quiver sliding over her shoulder, the bag hanging at her waist, and the bow held loosely in her hand.

She lifted her yvas and the pad from the rack in the main room, and then stepped back outside to fond the man, Aran, once more.

Apology her body said, "Sorry to keep you waiting. My strider is with the other horses, shall we get him?"

It may not have been her place to ask, but she could hardly contain herself. Wildfire would be just as excited at the prospect of the ride, and she wanted him at her side sooner rather than later.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aran Windblown on July 27th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Aran nodded. "Anyalvis is with the other Striders as well," he said, starting off with Rue at his side. "Would you tell me about Wildfire? He must be a spirited horse for such a name." Aran chuckled. "If he is, then I am certain that Anyalvis will get along amazingly with him; that damned horse is always causing me trouble, though I would not trade him for the world. Anyalvis, I think, is the closest I will ever come to finding the other half of myself." A smile quirked his lips as he thought of his Strider; fiercely protective, intelligent, and with a unique personality to boot, Anyalvis was the best Strider around, in Aran's opinion. Then again, he was biased.

OOC :
Edited to add a bit more in for you to work with. :) Sorry for the itty-bitty reply earlier!
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next