PM to join Meet and Greet at the Rearing Stallion [Billie]

Sayana starts her first night as a dancer at the Rearing Stallion and meets one of her coworkers there.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Meet and Greet at the Rearing Stallion [Billie]

Postby Sayana on October 3rd, 2014, 6:35 pm

514 AV Fall 22

Sayana left the Employment Center in a bit of a huff. She had clearly requested a position at the Herald’s Arms but apparently she was either not fit for the job or they didn’t accept Eypharians. The more obvious answer, that they didn’t happen to have a job opening, seemed to elude her but she was still nonetheless determined to seek out this “Rearing Stallion” place.

And to top it all off, she had this stupid slip of writing in her hand. She looked at it again, “Sayana… Rearing… Fall 22, 514… work… 4 GM… day.” That was about as many words as she managed to pick out before her eyes started to glaze over. She walked briskly across the cobble stone walkway next to Traveler’s Row and breathed in the fresh autumn air. It was still fairly warm out and today she had left her cloak at home, simply wearing her red beaded blouse and skirt.

Just like the woman at the desk had promised, there was a tavern with a horse on its sign. Clearly it was one that she had passed frequently without a second glance. Perhaps if she was dancing here then she might be able to draw in more clientele. It was late afternoon as she opened the door and stepped inside the surprisingly busy tavern. She got a few glances. There weren’t too many Eypharians in Syliras and even with her high arms crossed in front of her chest and her mids and lows at her sides in a neutral position, she still tended to draw attention.

Sayana strode over to the bar and placed her mid arms on its surface. She waved her high right at one of barmaids to get her attention. The barmaid unloaded the drinks in her hand to the respective patrons, and then came over to see what the Eypharian wanted.

“I heard that the Rearing Stallion is looking for entertainers. I dance and can put on quite the show. I’m supposed to see a man by the name of Kevith Aargon. The Employment Center referred me.” As an afterthought she added, “And my name is Sayana.” With a nod, the barmaid took Sayana into the back where an older man was overseeing the evening meal and how the preparation was coming along.

“Hello, my name is Sayana and I’m looking for work as a dancer here,” Sayana said and then handed the slip of writing to the man. “The Employment Center referred me and said you were looking for an entertainer of sorts.” The ex-knight and now brewmaster skimmed the note quickly and nodded. His quiet disposition left her a little uncomfortable. As if to reaffirm her talents, she did a little bit of footwork in front of him which included some sharp pops of her hips and a chest shimmy. She finished the quick little intro with a spin and a playful smile on her face.

“You’ll do,” he said in response to the demo. Then his gaze fell upon the ornate dagger at her hip and he frowned. “Just don’t hassle the customers with that thing,” he said pointing at the dagger. “I won’t hassle them if they don’t hassle me,” she answered and placed a hand comfortably on the cobra-shaped hilt.

With that he shooed her out of the kitchens telling her that there was a small raised dais at one end of the tavern that she could use as her stage. As she came out from behind the bar she noticed that there was a traveling bard with various instruments already setting up there. She gave a sigh of relief – she hadn’t figured out what she might do if there hadn’t been a musician of sorts. Soon she’d have to go to the market to find at least some simple percussive instruments, in case she didn’t get so lucky next time.

She moved to stand just in front of the dais, for the bard hadn’t yet started, and took a look around the tavern. Quite busy for late afternoon. Still trying to get a sense for the place she stretched and warmed up her arms with loose flowing motions and twisted her hips about.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Billie on October 4th, 2014, 9:40 am

The hours dragged by, especially working in a bar where Billie was forced to hold conversations and be sociable, something which she could now fake if she tried really hard. She hadn’t won any favor with the other girls behind the bar, mostly because they’d all thought she was a man when she’d first met them, and now they were disappointed. Not that any of them were really that interesting. Her conversations with customers had been better. She was noticing that barmaids knew the social goings-on in the city better than anyone else. Some of the conversations she’d overhear were very interesting.

She’d changed how she looked a bit as well, coating her lips with a pale brown-gold, and her eyes with black Kohl in an attempt to be more appealing as a barmaid.

Today had been slow. The bar was busy but not with anyone who interested her. It was bount to pick up, she told herself. And sure enough, it did. She was washing some glasses when she heard someone walk into the bar, drawing the attention of many onlookers. A few of them whispered to each other about the newcomer, so Billie looked up to see what all the fuss was about. There was a beautiful, and exotic non-human female striding confidently into her bar. She had six arms protruding from a well toned torso. Billie eyed here with interest as she walked by.

The Eypharian was looking for a job as a danser, she overheard her conversation with the barmaid and watched as she disappeared into the back room. Her name, Billie caught, was Sayana. Billie had never seen anything like Sayana before. She’d certainly heard of Eypharian’s, but her knowledge about the race extended to their appearance, and the fact that they were very proud and wore a lot of jewelry. She immidiatly knew she wanted to talk to Sayana, her curiosity had ben sparked. What sort of person was she? Why had she left her home in the desert to come here?

The performer came out from the room in the back to stand, stretching her many arms in front of the dais. Billie looked forward to the dance, after all. It’d be better than boring musician after boring musician playing the same kind of music over and over. “Can I get you anything to drink before you go on?” Billie asked as she moved closer towards where Sayana was, her expression a practiced cool smile

White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari
#4040FF= Speaking Fratava

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Words: 84502
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2014, 3:09 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on October 4th, 2014, 12:53 pm

It seemed that simply being an Eypharian attracted plenty of attention here. A tall boyish looking woman approached Sayana. Still being quite used to the extravagance and excess of Ahnatep, the woman looked rather drab and plain to Sayana. Although, Sayana didn’t meet typical Eypharian standards because she wasn’t wearing any jewelry nor had she painted her face, apart from her lips.

“Can I get you anything to drink before you go on?”

A smile lit across her face at the question. During her stay at Syliras many people had either regarded her with suspicion or mild curiosity but they had rarely ever approached her unless absolutely necessary. “Yes, I think I will have something,” Sayana replied and then thought for a moment. Since arriving at Syliras she had avoided her preferred drink, wine, since she didn’t want to run out of coin before she was properly settled. But now that she had just gotten this job… “A glass of wine, please. Red wine.”

She smiled to herself and then as an afterthought asked, “Do you work here? My name is Sayana and you’ll probably be seeing more of me if things go well.”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Nivel on December 21st, 2014, 9:30 pm

Sayana :
XP Award:
  • 1 Dance
  • 1 Socialization
  • 1 Persuasion
Lore:
  • Starting a new job
  • Kevith Aargon: The Ex Knight who runs the Rearing Stallion
  • Billie: The boysish looking Girl
Notes: This thread was wicked short so there wasn't much I could give you :(