Open Avline's first job, Opening the doors to a new adventure.

Avline is a travelling performer and is putting on her first performance in the local tavern. Feel free to jump in and watch or possibly meet the young foreign girl.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Avline's first job, Opening the doors to a new adventure.

Postby Avline Silverwood on October 7th, 2014, 6:31 pm

10th of Fall, 514 AV

Avline stood on a small street, the moon shining brightly of the city of Sylaris. The city was dark, most of its inhabitants sleeping at this late hour; the soft yellow flicker of torches along the buildings are the only things lighting the cold cobble stone street, except for the large and many windows of the tavern that allows Avline to see her map. The rough parchment of the map that the man who gave her protection in her recent journey in front of her bright green eyes which then flick up at the large wooden doors. Blinking, she swallows, nervous as can be while she folds the parchment and places it in her bag. She looks up at the moon asking Avalis to grant her good luck before looking back at the door and places her small pale hand on the door, pushing slightly until a warm stream of yellow light pours out along with drunken singing and laughter. Biting her soft pale lip she pushes more until the gap is big enough for her to slip in, her dark green cloak floating behind her as it disappears and the heavy door closes.

Avline then blinks, shielding her sensitive glowing eyes with her hand. Her long white dress and her green cloak in a puddle of cloth at her feet, the hood of her cloak twisting with her head as she looks around. there were men and women gambling drinking and laughing loudly, it somewhat hurt her also sensitive ears. Touching her crystal that is around her throat she remembers she must find the barkeep, and sees a group of women sitting on and around the bar. Slipping around the various people and making her way to the women, until a large hand claps down on her shoulder, making herself and her heart jump and freeze up. Cautiously she turned her head looking up at a large man in an apron smiling down at her. "Well looky 'ere yee must be Miss. Silverwood eh? Good, good follow me." The mans rough voice rang out of the noise so she could here and she blinked as he started towards behind the bar before she could even reply. Concluding that he must be the bar keep and follows him to where a young man tuning a fiddle was sitting on a wooden crate. "Cratos! this is the girl you will be performin' with tonight." The bar nodded to Avline, who is still flustered, stepped forward and bowed her head; her silver hair falling out from beneath her hood and curtaining her face as the man named Cratos eyed her.
"What songs do you have in mind for the perfomance?" Cratos' voice was soft as he turned back to his fiddle, tuning it.
"Oh, uh well you see I was thinking you could just well play a tune and I would sing along with it." She stumbled over her words, her face turning pink as she blushes and lowers her head as Cratos smirks.
"Well alright then, don't mess up. Old man, fix the lighting please, and girl, you can leave your stuff here for the performance; the old man will beat anyone who even thinks of coming over his bar." He chuckled and stood making his way to a small section as the barkeep went the other way and Avline quickly took off her cloak and bag, setting them by the crate and rushing up after Cratos; who stepped on to the little stage and sat on a stool, setting his fiddle on his knee.

Avline took her place beside him, pulling her long silver hair over her shoulder and smoothed out her long, long sleeved white dress while looking at the semi darkened room. Cratos strummed a few cords, testing his fiddle and Avline took a deep breathe as Cratos started playing a slow tune. after a few notes Avline slowly started singing, her voice smooth and clear against the whispers of the room. "The moon shines brightly over the small town, the people all hushed and asleep. The sounds of the ocean blue, washing over their dreams. Sandy beaches surrounding them, the birds cries filling the air. In the peaceful small town, where there is always full of care.."
Avline Silverwood

"A mask conceals me, for no one see; the person who, is really inside of me."
Avline Silverwood
Player

Words: 8004
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2014, 7:05 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Garland on October 8th, 2014, 12:09 am

Garland sat by the door, he looked at the patrons of the tavern with a bit of envy. They all seemed so happy, carefree... Well, he chose the life of the knight, so now he's here, making sure no rough housing was happening tonight. He yawned a bit at this, the tavern was loud, but it was boring if you weren't aloud to drink. Some music would do this place some good.

The door creeked open slowly. A dainty hooded figure walked into the tavern, she nervously looked around. He knew that she was a Konti, but he wasn't sure if it was the Konti he knew.

Could it be Lora? No... He thought to himself. Though he couldn't be sure until he sees her face. He didn't have to wait very long, though. He looked up to the small platform which was used as a stage. The room went dark, and quiet.

The Konti girl from before appeared on stage. He watched her seeing what she would do. Then the music started, her soft voice matching the wonderful violin that accompanied it. He was absolutely captivated by her. The other patrons were too, some took the lovely voice into their drunken sleep. He was tempted to do the same, but he refused to be lulled into sleep, because he wanted to talk to her.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on February 12th, 2017, 4:49 am

Garland

Lores
Mystery Konti (Avline Silverwood): Mistaken as Lora.
Mystery Konti (Avline Silverwood): Sings

Note: I could not give you anything in Observation as you have maxed it out. As there was nothing beyond that and a few lores that I saw let me know if I missed anything

Avline Silverwood: Whenever you come back, please update your ledger and thread list. Once you do that please resubmit this for regrading.

Please mark your request as graded and as always please PM me if I am missing anything.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes