Closed Pycons, riding, and reading. (Archailist and Ball)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Pycons, riding, and reading. (Archailist and Ball)

Postby Suresslynn on October 16th, 2014, 1:56 pm

9th of Fall 514

Suresslynn sighed slightly as she crawled tightened her saddle and pulled herself onto her horse. "You gonna behave for me for once?" she said with a tired expression as she pulled herself onto her horse and set out to work on her riding for the day. Since they were in the city and her horse was polite to everyone else but her, the troublesome beast walked along placidly, his hooves making sharp sounds against the roads as she headed towards the gate.

"Hmmm....maybe I can figure that out today..." she said, pulling out the book and picture she had gotten from the ruins and taking a quick look at them. The picture was still creepy, and the book was still nothing but a mess of symbols to her. Letting out a sigh, Suresslynn put the book and picture back in her saddlebags and spurred her horse on towards the gate.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on October 17th, 2014, 7:38 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

The squirrel loathed riding on the back of his so-called 'mount' Xarex. No matter how many times he voiced protest, though, he had to do it. As a Knight, it would be expected of him to be able to ride into battle on the back of a mount, whether it was dog or horse. He'd need to know how to fight from the back of it, be able to cross distances if needed. It was, apparently, the one thing that held him back from his eventual knighting quest. If he wasn't so avid, so single-minded in his goal to become a knight, he likely would have rejected the thought entirely and instead focused on other endeavors.. if only. Instead, he tortured both himself and Xarex with days spent at the Menagerie. He was just returning from one - even though Syna's light was only just cresting the tops of the trees to the Bronze Woods, and the day had barely begun. He'd been working in the early bells of the morning, in the hopes of getting at least some work in before he was inevitably dragged away by Ser Iros for more training sessions with the younger squires around the Training Grounds. Possibly another patrol around the outer walls, and another lecture on knightly behavior and knightly code. He was all too tired for it now.

His bags had been idly tossed over Xarex's back, and nearly scraped along the floor as they plodded back towards the gates. Before he could pass through them, he caught an unusual sight indeed - it was the snake-girl, Suresslynn. Now a squirrel riding a mount was one thing, but a snake was something else entirely. He supposed that they did have legs, in one of their forms, but it was still enough to drag the squire to a halt. "Morning, Suress... where're you heading off to today?" he asked with the clay equivalent of a raised eyebrow - more or less a small ridge materializing above his pupil-less eye, slanting to give him a more curious expression befitting for a human more than a squirrel. He still did that, oddly enough.. but then, normal squirrels made of flesh wouldn't be able to convey any expression on their face. It likely still didn't make it any less comforting for someone that had to look at a squirrel mimicking humans.

He brought Xarex around to the side of Suress' mount slowly, drawing at the reigns and leaning to the side so that he could press one of his knees against the dogs side. Obediently, he turned around until he was facing away from the gate, in the same direction as Suress. Well, a little detour wouldn't matter. It was still pretty early in the morning, and he had time to procrastinate before his patron would be over knocking at his door and demanding he rise and get his petching self up to the Training Grounds before the Akalak slammed the door down with a well-placed knock.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Katelyn Marks on December 30th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

Suresslynn
Skills
➢ Observation 1
➢ Riding 1

Lores
No lores, sorry.

Comments: I did what I could.

Archailist
Skills
➢ Socialization 1
➢ Observation 1
➢ Riding 1

Lores
No lores, sorry.

Shield Points: +1 for training

Comments: I did what I could. I just gave you a Shield Point for training because this was cut short.

If you have any concerns or questions about your rewards please feel free to send me a message. Also, please edit your original grade request and mark it as graded. Thank you and enjoy!
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)