Completed Clothing for the Multi-Armed

Sayana gets some custom-made sleeves and a warm winter coat.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Clothing for the Multi-Armed

Postby Sayana on November 1st, 2014, 4:22 pm

Fall 48th 514AV

Sayana was well over due for some warmer clothing. She had made the trip out to An Elegant Weave several days ago but it had been interrupted when she had met an Eypharian. An Eypharian who pretended not to be one, or something like that. They parted on foul terms and Sayana left in a huff. After that she had no desire to stick around, even to go to the shop she had originally intended to visit. And then it had rained and rained and rained. At first it had been a rather joyful site to the Eypharian, native to Ahnatep where rain was usually a blessing from the Makutsi. But then it kept going and it was cold and wet… That’s when she had fallen ill. In fact, she was still recovering but today was finally not raining and she was determined to find something warm.

There were still puddles in the streets and she carefully stepped around them as she headed in the direction of Winthrop Alley. It still amazed her how much water could fall from the sky… relentless and unstopping. And it had been so dark, dark as night. Makutsi had won over Syna during those days. She walked quickly and was already starting to feel the cold. Fortunately, An Elegant Weave was already in sight and she could see the stacks of fabric in the window along with some of their already finished garments.

She opened the door with the sound of a small chime and stepped into the shop. Sayana couldn’t help but smile at the brightly coloured fabrics piled high and was reminded of her mother’s shop back in Ahnatep. She had never learned how to sew or weave, since she lacked the interest and her mother had always wanted her children to excel above her own position, but the shop still had a nice familiarity to it.

Sayana's Purchases and Pricing :
Coat: Jacket (6sm), Hood (5cm), Wool fine (x3), Fur-trim (x1.5)
29.3 SM

Boots, high: Base price (5sm), Leather (x2)
10 SM

Gloves: Base price (5sm/pair), 6 hands / 3 pairs (x3), Fur-trim (x1.5), Wool fine (x3)
67.5 SM

Custom-made sleeves: Shirt with basic sleeves (1sm), 3 sets needed (x3), custom-made and attached together with a shawl over her shoulders (x2 approx), dyed dark red (x1.5), cotton (x1.25)
11.3 SM

Total: 118.1 SM or 11.81 GM
Last edited by Sayana on November 6th, 2014, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Sayana on November 6th, 2014, 4:31 am

“Excuse me,” Sayana said to the woman behind the counter. “I’m looking for an Eypharian top with multiple sleeves.” The girl paused, not entirely sure what to think of the Eypharian and then quickly replied, “I’ll go find Navia. She’ll be able to help you better.” The girl left and shortly after Navia Druva came out from the back and took a good look at the Eypharian in question. “Hmm, we don’t have many of your type come in to visit,” she mused. And then as if realizing that her comment may have sounded rude she added, “But you’re more than welcome in our lovely little shop.” With a smile Navia continued, “We don’t have any ready-made clothes that match what you need, but we certainly do custom designs. What is it that you’d like?”

Sayana thought for a moment at the question and then answered, “Mostly I want something to keep my arms warm, all six of them. It can either be an entire top, or something that would go well with my blouse.” She gestured to the red beaded top that she was wearing. “See this doesn’t have any sleeves at all, just a couple of straps. And frankly, in Ahnatep I didn’t need any kind of sleeves.” The owner of the shop nodded and did a short little walk around the Eypharian, examining her arms and how her shoulders were arranged.

“How about making some close fitting sleeves with something akin to a shawl to hold it together? That should keep your arms warm enough and give you a nice elegant look, while keeping the sleeves from sliding down.” Navia suggested after giving it some thought. Sayana brightened at the idea. “Could you make it a deep red?” “Certainly,” the owner replied. “Let me take down some measurements.” Navia Druva took several measurements, particularly around the Eypharian’s shoulders and upper back, and jotted them down in a small notebook.

“How warm would you like it?” “Actually, I was thinking about getting a coat as well.” “Custom made? It might take some time…” Time was not something Sayana had much of, or at least that’s how she viewed things at the moment. Every day seemed to be getting colder. “Actually, what sorts of coats do you have already in stock?” She finally asked and the storekeeper gestured towards a rack of coats. Some were fur, others heavy wool, some were shorter and mostly leather. The Eypharian touched the fur curiously and was delighted with how soft it felt. She pressed it up against her cheek enjoying the sensation. “That one won’t come cheap,” Navia said and then pulled out a grey wool coat with some fur trim. “But you might like this one, and it’s also quite warm.” It was actually quite lovely, aside from the bland colour, but it seemed like most of the coats had little imagination when it came to colour. Sayana took the coat to try it on and slipped her high arms through the sleeves while the rest of her arms hung at her sides. It was warm.

“And, if you like it, I have some matching gloves,” the owner added and went to find a few pairs. Even though the coat didn’t have multiple sleeves Sayana had already fallen in love with it and she pulled the hood close around her face enjoying the fur trim. It was a little bit scratchy on her arms, but she figured that her new set of sleeves would help with that. When the shopkeeper produced the three pairs of gloves, Sayana couldn’t say no to them.

“Anything else that I might need?” The Eypharian asked, knowing that her knowledge winter weather here in Syliras was rather limited. “You might want some boots,” Navia replied. “However, you won’t find them here. But there’s a shop called All Things Leather that will have just what you need. If you’re finished, then you can take the coat and gloves now and come back in a couple of days for your sleeve-shawl.” Navia pulled out her notebook to jot down and total the prices of the Eypharian’s purchases. That’ll be a total of 10 GM, 8 SM, and 1 CM.” Sayana was pleased that it was well within her budget and provided the shopkeeper the appropriate coins.

“Thank you for all your help,” Sayana said appreciatively. “I’ll be back in a couple of days for the sleeves.” With a smile, she made sure she had all her gloves and the coat wrapped warmly about her and then left the shop. Her next visit was to All Things Leather where she got a lovely pair of high boots for 10 SM.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Katelyn Marks on November 30th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

Sayana

Skill EXP
Observation +2
Socialization +1

Lores

➢ Location: An Elegant Weave
➢ Syliras: Different Weather Than Ahnatep

Loot: Everything is already added to your ledger, so good job.

Comments

Note :
I couldn't give you much, but I'm sure you assumed that would be the case. Just a short shopping thread, but a pleasant little quick read. Good job and thank you for charging your ledger beforehand accordingly.

If you have any concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)