PM to join [Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Pulren ridicules and helps Firenze.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Regime

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Firenze on March 6th, 2015, 2:37 pm

Image
.
.
.

Her eyes on his, the water reflecting Syna's rays off of the glassy surface of the water into the dark depths. Fire wrapped her fingers around his arm, her other hand gripped onto the wood of the dock, legs reacting to the cool fluid surrounding her. They kicked with no rhythm and almost mindlessly as she tried to focus on him and her breathing. She let go of the rough wood, taking a deep breath as she flung her arm at him and grabbed his other arm tightly. Panic trying to creep back in and seize her. She kicked quickly, the water splashing back and forth while she bobbed up and down. Her head sunk under the water for a moment and she kicked harder until her face broke the surface of the water again.

She listened as he spoke, trying to concentrate on his words and the meaning. He told her of Zeltiva and she could almost hear the passion in his words. She wondered, if he held Zeltiva so close to his heart, why he'd left the city. Letting her mind wander for a moment, trying to envision the place that he spoke of. She let her mind dream of her and Dor'gen traveling together and visiting places that she'd not yet heard of and she made a mental note to try to bring it into conversation about visiting Zeltiva next time she saw him.

Despite being in another mans arms, more than likely alone and out of view of the rest of the town, floating in the shadow of the dock, Dor'gen was still not far from her thoughts. Feeling him with her almost constantly now. Their new bond overshadowing attractions to the man that was teaching her to become more confident in the water, despite his good looks.

Bringing her mind back around to the moment, she tried to smile as he complimented her kicking. Her legs fiercely displacing the water underneath her in determination to keep at least her head above the water. Fatigue was starting to settle into her muscles, a slow burn formed in her thighs. Her fingers dug into his forearms, the tips white from the pressure.

Her breathing was labored as the exercise of trying to keep her head above the surface was taking it's toll on her. As he stared at her, the man who had be so frustrated with her lack of skill when she'd fallen in the water almost seemed to have a softer tone. She didn't mind as it was helping aid her in battling the tightness of panic in her chest and the fast pace of her heart. Water seeped into her ears as her legs fought to keep her up, flowing out when she would kick a little harder then the last, this causing her to miss some of what he was saying to her, but she caught the end of it "...I've got you."

She heard him mention to kick slower, so she tried to focus her thoughts on that, hoping that it would ease the now constant burn in her thighs and hips. She let the pain in, using it to motivate her to push herself harder, wanting to see how far she could go. She pushed her legs slowly against the current, his words helping to subside a little of the burn and keep her more steady. While concentrating on keeping her legs in rhythm she felt him rubbing her arms and it threw her off for a moment.

The gesture so small, just as his comments had been, spoke volumes to her of the person that he was. Her eyes roving over his face, studying the person that she'd only met a short time ago. It seemed almost as if he was someone different, it wasn't a huge change, but noticeable none the less. She let herself enjoy the man that was bobbing in the water next to her.

He kept talking and she followed instruction, looking down to see murky blurs moving back and forth slowly in the water. Fire hoped that it was his legs, assuming that it must be, she copied his movement. Even though he'd said not to burn her energy she could tell that the energy she did have was slowly starting to fade. Fire wanted to continue the lesson, loving the feeling of the cool water, the warming sun on her face and a friendly teacher instructing her to do one of the more favorite things she enjoyed/

She tipped her head back a little, the confidence of keeping herself a float for more then just a few ticks giving her a boost to try more. Her hair fanned itself out around her head, the wildness of it lost to the pulling current as it flowed. Closing her eyes for a moment as he instructed her to relax and she followed suit like a dutiful pupil. A small smile crept on her lips and she opened her eyes after a few ticks to see he was smiling at her too.

"I don't know how much longer I can keep this up, my legs are starting to hurt, but should I try on my own once before we get out?" Despite the incident that had happened less then a bell before the quiet calmness of Palaren, she felt like she could continue to push herself and that he would be there in case something happened. He felt like a rock... or better, an anchor, giving a sense of security in the murky water she'd felt so lost in. What better way to conquer something that tries to kill you than to face it head on... this thought made her chuckle a little. She didn't mind if Pal thought she might be daft, she was having fun and she wanted to live it to the fullest while it lasted. Life was too short.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 803
Words: 653710
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Pulren Marsh on March 13th, 2015, 3:42 pm

Image
She was trying. Pulren couldn't fault her for that. Her legs flailed hard and without rhythm; it was clear that she was panicked. He only pushed his legs harder as they tried to find a movement between the two of them. It was odd, Pulren decided, that she seemed absent. Generally, the need to survive and stay above water overrode random trains of thought. Her eyes seemed to be off on something else. He almost wanted to let her go in order to regain control of the situation. Almost.

She was wound tight, that was for sure. Of course, how had she ended up in the water in the first place? A beautiful young woman was a target enough in Sunberth, much less one with deficient mental faculties. Maybe she was just simple. There was nothing wrong with that in itself. He was just concerned for her and that she could be taken advantage of. How had she even survived this far? It was a clear indication of the Gods and their intervention to allow someone so sweet and simple to flourish in such a dark and dirty place. Her suggestion to try one more time told him that she felt as if she had enough. She wasn't listening. Maybe letting go would help bring her attention back.

"Your legs hurt because you are kicking too hard. If you will focus, it will help a lot. What if you had fallen off a ship and found yourself out in the ocean? If your legs started hurting, would you stop kicking? Of course not." He slid his hands down to her wrists, freeing the control somewhat. "I'll let you try it, but you have to slow down. In a survival situation, if you lose your wits, you are already dead. You just don't know it yet." With his words of caution, he let her go, swimming back a stroke and treading slowly. He would continue to watch her and if she seemed like she was in trouble, he would grab her again.
Image


Image
User avatar
Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle
 
Posts: 775
Words: 504240
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Location: Syka
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Firenze on March 30th, 2015, 4:59 pm

Image
.
.
.

Palren scolded her and that brought her back, she was behaving silly and she knew it but she wanted to have fun! She wanted to play and get right into getting the work out of the way so they could have some fun in the water and sun before they got out. She tried what he said and focus on her legs and keep them in a rhythm. 1… 2… 1… 2… she counted in her mind, her left leg forward on the 1 and back on the 2, this helped a little bit but she had to keep counting to keep her legs going. She didn't realize that she was mouthing the words, although not speaking them aloud.

She noticed that some of the burn did subside when she started doing this technique. Still counting under her breath she noticed him sliding his hands down her arms, giving her flesh bumps. His hands rested on her wrists and she start to count a little harder, his movement giving her more of her own control and more space. She kicked hard, bobbing up in the water quickly, splashing herself in the face she tried to keep her eyes open and the water threatened to drip into them from her brow.

Focusing on the counting, the kicking and the water she didn't realize for a moment that he’d let her wrists go and she started to panic a little bit, flapping her arms up and down in the water, splashing when her arms broke the surface. “What am I supposed to do with my arms?!” She squealed and lost count for a moment but kept her legs going, they threatened to get out of sync but even without the counting they seemed to have developed a pattern and she felt good enough to not start the count again.

Her head still bobbed above the surface but the water started flowing over the top of her shoulders. She blinked through the water her arms were kicking up and smiled wide as Pal bobbed next to her. “Look! I’m doing it!” She was not graceful by any means, completely out of her zone of comfort, but completely enjoying herself. Arms flapping, grin wide, eyes blinking furiously she screeched with delight, but even with the joy and excitement she was losing in the battle against keeping herself afloat and the water slowly creeped up.

Chin now dipping in and out of the water, the panic tried to creep back in, she felt like she was starting to sink and that scared her. “Pal! Why am I not staying up? I’m kicking and moving my arms but I’m still sinking?” The statement coming out more as a question. Eyes started widening and she looked over at him, “I… I think I might... need your help, I’m not... staying up,” the water now sloshed over her mouth, cutting her sentence as she spoke to him, she breathed in whenever her mouth came out of the water so she wasn’t in full panic, yet.
Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 803
Words: 653710
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 1st, 2015, 10:02 pm

Image
He could tell that his words of caution had hit home as the focus he had requested seemed to take hold of her faculties somewhat. He watched as she slowed her movements and began to move her legs in a more rhythmic fashion. This helped her a great deal, though he could tell she was paying so much attention that she would soon be popping up too high out of the water. Those long legs didn't help the situation one bit.

Her arms were flailing a good deal. He was glad that they weren't in open water where she could attract predators. Well, actually, it could happen where they were at but it wasn't as likely as out on the ocean. Her excitement was contagious and he felt giddy with giggling when she started splashing about. "Try just moving your arms around in circles. From in front of you to down and behind." Pulren was so accustomed to swimming that he didn't think about it very often, the action just seeming very natural to him. He had to actually pay attention to his own movements in order to be able to pass on the information to her.

She was either completely lost in her own thoughts or panicking. Neither was a good situation with her novice ability, so Pulren just reached out and caught her by the wrists again, though her raucous movements pulled him in closer than he had expected, his arms embracing her and their bodies pressed close until he could right her motion. Once they were settled back into equilibrium, he went back to her hands, holding her up as he continued to tread water. It was a brief moment of unintentional intimacy, but he wanted to do it again. "You're doing a great job!"
Image


Image
User avatar
Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle
 
Posts: 775
Words: 504240
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Location: Syka
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Firenze on April 16th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Image
.
.
.

Arms flapping, she tried to concentrate on what he was saying. Instructions processed and she took a deep breath the next time her head came above the water, the cold liquid dripping off her hair. As she changed her movements, trying to follow through on what he had told her, she felt him come closer.

His fingers slid around her wrists but Fire continued to try to move them. The jolt of the action brushed him against her, she could feel the hardness of his chest against her soft one, the heat radiating off of him through the cold water gave a stark contrast. His body brushed up against hers as they bobbed in the water, the friction causing more warmth to flood through her.

He helped to settle her and get her in a calm rhythm, she tried to focus on the actions of keeping herself afloat rather that the solid body that was in such a close proximity. Gooseflesh sprang as his hands slid over her skin, moving from her wrists to her hands once he’d steadied them.

Her slender fingers wrapped around his larger ones, squeezing to make sure her grip wouldn't slip. She tried to keep her arms moving the same as his, so that they could keep a steady rhythm. Water sloshed against her shoulders and neck as she held on. She squinted slightly and tipped her head to the side, her eyes glancing over his features and then coming to rest on his eyes. They reflected the water, making the green depths appear to almost glow.

He praised her and her cheeks flamed. The corner of her mouth lifted as she smiled at him, “Thank you for teaching me. You’re a good teacher.” A shiver ran down her spine, causing the gooseflesh to raise the hair on her exposed skin again. “The water is starting to get a little chilly though, would you want to go lie on the dock and warm up for a bit?”


Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 803
Words: 653710
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 21st, 2015, 2:22 pm

Image
The brief brush of flesh, even camouflaged by the cold water, traced potential through the pair. What had begun as an accidental swimming lesson was breeding other kinds of potential. It was an entity now, moving between the bodies in the water. It moved through the senses before the senses could take purchase. What harm could it do? They were young and in the prime of their lives. Pulren nodded in response to her kind words.

"Sure, we can get out of the water. I'm sure you have learned enough to stay above water. Don't forget to practice, though. "Swimming sideways with his left arm leading, he held her hand in his right as he pulled her along to the dock's edge. Once there, he let go of her, sure that she was well, grabbing the wet wood and puling himself free of the water's grasp. Turning and then standing, he found the air not so cold as he expected. Syna was merciful, warming his body as he bent down to pull her up. Taking her hand, he pulled her free as well, the pair standing before each other again, the entity of sensation still very close. Perhaps even closer with the return of heat.

Smiling, he broke the spell briefly, picking up his boots and shirt, moving them aside so that the two of them had room to stretch out. With that done, he took a seat, rubbing the brackish water from his face and eyes. His eyes were set on her long legs. They didn't travel up as they normally would. He just focused on her ankles. "Where are you from, Fire? Surely, not here."
Image


Image
User avatar
Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle
 
Posts: 775
Words: 504240
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Location: Syka
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Firenze on April 24th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Image
.
.
.

Feet kicking in a running motion, she tried to “pedal” as he began swimming on his side toward the docks, his firm hand on hers, missing the warmth of his body close to hers already. Her free hand kept the motion that he’d taught her, attempting to displace the water and keep her body afloat. Mostly it was just him pulling her along behind him. The swiftness of his pull had a small current flowing around her body, tugging at her hair as it followed behind her.

If he had looked back he would see that she was grinning from ear to ear as she felt that she was actually swimming and not bobbing in the water for the first time. It felt exhilarating. A second wind coursed through her and the excitement renewed.

Fingers slipping from hers as they neared the dock she began mimicking the motion that her free arm was doing. Legs still kicking, her movement slowed considerably but it still took her toward the dock. As she neared she reached for the edge, her slender fingers gripping the wood.

Now comfortable that she had a solid support she watched as he pulled himself easily out of the water, studying the water that slid over his body and dripped back into the bay. He turned and she pulled with her hand on the dock, extending the free hand toward him as he bent to help her up the side.

Water dripped, clothes clinging to her following her curves, her hipbones prominent. Reaching up she grasped her soaked strands, squeezing, she wrung it out. Head tilted to the side, eyes closed, she let the sun warm her.

“Thanks for the help up.”

One eye peeking open, she looked over at him and smiled. He was closer than she originally thought and it caused a pink tinge to flush across her cheeks. Her eyes roved slowly from his face down to the exposed skin on his naked chest, the color deepening. Lingering for a few ticks she caught herself staring, turning away sharply she started fiddling with wringing her shirt out, hoping that he didn’t notice.

She felt him moving behind her. Turning to look, he was bent over, picking up his things and again she caught herself staring at him, only this time admiring the backside. What are you doing Firenze! she scolded, you have your bondmate! Did looking hurt though?

Shaking her head subtly she made herself take her eyes away… or tried to. He turned and his eyes were cast downward, she couldn’t tell where he was looking. Did he know I’d been staring? The thought made her nervous.

He’d asked if she was from Sunberth, although she never felt like she really fit in in the town, she was from there, as far as she knew anyway. Lying on the warmed boards, the heat sinking into her skin she propped onto her elbows while she talked, “Yeah, I’m from here. Does it not seem like it?” Eyes squinting against Syna’s bright rays, one leg straight against the wood, the other propped up rocking back and forth without thought.

“I mean… I know I don’t exactly fit in.. I’m not really that old even though I look like I am,” the corner of her mouth raised, a small dimple showing, not really in a smile but more of a thoughtful face. She knew she didn't belong in Sunberth but admitting out loud made it sting a little more than usual. “Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Er… you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want… unless you want of course...”she’d begun stumbling with her words as she averted her eyes from him and start picking at one of the worn boards on the dock, leg still swaying.


Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 803
Words: 653710
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Pulren Marsh on May 24th, 2015, 6:51 am

Image
She came down to him, her long frame stretching out on the warm wood that was already heating his own body. The water at least veiled her anatomy somewhat, making it easier to focus on swimming. With that cover gone and her clothes clinging to her, remaining cool and collected would be an experiment in endurance.He just watched that leg rock back and forth. it gave him something to focus on and let her clothes dry out a little. When she spoke, he tried to look in her eyes when he could too, but Syna seemed determined to make him behave, reducing his vision to a squint.

"Well, you just seem pure and friendly. It's not like anything I've experienced here." When she mentioned her age, he sighed a little. If she was too young, he would have to just chastise himself for being devious and move on before he could allow himself to participate in a situation that he knew was wrong. Maybe that explained the innocence. He hoped not. "I'm twenty two. When you say you are young, how young do you mean?" Pulren would just have to cross fingers in his mind on that one. "I certainly don't want to take advantage of a young girl. That's just not how I operate." He wanted to do that very thing, but if he let himself succumb to his desires, he might as well start killing everything in Sunberth and just completely degenerate into a slavering beast.
Image


Image
User avatar
Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle
 
Posts: 775
Words: 504240
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Location: Syka
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Firenze on May 28th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Image
.
.
.

Her gaze downward, fingers picking at the worn wood, he spoke. Was she really pure? What did that mean? Had Sunberth not affected her as she thought it might? She grew up here and although the atmosphere in the city that surrounded her was obstreperous, had it not rubbed off? The thoughts toiled in her mind, invoking questions that she’d not thought before.

When he told her his age she looked to where he was lying, her gaze skimming over his body, checking to see if she could tell how old he was by how he looked. He was well fit and slim, his muscles defined, definitely not the body of a teenager. Twenties seemed right and she felt what he spoke was truth. Looking down at herself, she didn’t think she looked three by any means. All the three year olds at the orphanage were still toddling around on little legs. Hers were long and lanky, full length like his were. Did she look to be closer to his age? Certain that she did not look like anyone else that was close to her true age. Should she lie? Tell him that she was a different age then she is?

If I tell him that I’m three will he know that I’m not like him? Is he human or is he something else like me?

He spoke again, saying that he didn’t want to take advantage. What would he take advantage of? The conversation had started to bring up more questions than she’d been expecting. Thinking it would be simple the conversation had turned annoyingly complex. Should she lie? Would he take advantage? Tell the truth and then he would not? What would he take advantage of? Would he steal from her? The last question seemed improbable to her, he’d just saved her life and then taught her to prevent from drowning. Would someone use that as a way to gain trust and then rob her? She didn’t feel like that he would, he didn’t seem to have the same air about him as some of the other men that roamed the streets.

Mulling it over, she chewed her lip, glancing back and forth between him and the board that she was picking at with her fingers. She didn’t know why, maybe it was that he was so relaxed around her or the fact that he’d been sharing and it had felt truthful to her that she’d decided that she should tell the truth as well.. at least some of the truth. Withholding information wasn’t exactly lying after all.

“Yeah, I’m bit younger than you, but I’m more mature than others that are my age. I… I want to know that I can trust you. You haven’t given me a reason to believe otherwise and you seem like a trustworthy person, but I want to make sure… some of Sunberth has had an influence. I think... it might be a need to question everything, because sometimes things aren’t always as they seem.” The truth could not have rang more profoundly in the words as she spoke them. If he could even guess half of what she was he would more than likely not be sitting next to her at this moment. He’d probably running for a weapon.

Her eyes tried to focus, scanning his face to see if he’d reply truthfully and if he did then would she be able to tell. Would she.. could she read it in his face? Would he give any emotion away? Let her peek into the person that he was? She laughed a little under her breath, trying to picture how his response to her strange answer might be. A smile played at her lips, hoping that her staying relaxed would let him know that he could stay as well. That her questioning him was not an intentional strike at his morals… if he indeed had them.
Others | Firenze | Thoughts
User avatar
Firenze
Food, or Friend?
 
Posts: 803
Words: 653710
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Baroque Bay] That went Swimmingly. (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Pulren Marsh on June 7th, 2015, 6:27 am

Image
Pulren was intrigued as soon as he heard the word younger. He was holding on to his nobility, but he was still a young man in the prime of his life. He was in a city of filth and blood, so he felt fine with hearing more. She was definitely mature for her age. When her words moved to trust, it opened his eyes a little bit. The same thoughts that lingered on a kind of shadow turned on themselves. He had to keep his heart in line with his mind and his body if he wanted to remain on the light side of things. It was some juggle, for sure.

"I understand. Sunberth pretty much lives up to all of the nasty stories I have heard in Zeltiva about it. Like I said, that's why I found your presence here as odd, since you don't seem to fit in it." He sat up straighter, to pay more attention to a valid conversation and to not be so comfortable and relaxed. He didn't want his desires getting away from him and clouding his judgment or actions. With some tart like Caela, sure. Not with this girl, though. He felt like she needed protection.

Standing even seemed like a better idea so he did so, stretching. The swim had left him a little sleepy and hungry. A good soak in the Springs might do him a lot of good. Whatever the case with this girl, he wanted to find out more about her but also get moving and get dry. Clothes clinging to bodies weren't doing a thing for his restraint. "So, where's home at? Would you like me to escort you back there?" it was a little forward, but he could be more forward. It felt like a happy medium. She made him happy.
Image


Image
User avatar
Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle
 
Posts: 775
Words: 504240
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Location: Syka
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Taren Coballon and 0 guests