[Training Grounds] Shield v Mini-Rapier [Revy Hiroe]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ball on January 13th, 2015, 4:31 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Winter 20th, 514AV

Ball found himself in the Training Grounds for the Order once again, today was a cold one, the chill of causing his limbs to be stiff and not fully functional, yet the squired pycon knew he must learn to train past the stiffness in order to remain limber in the battlefield, as a squire and a knight Ball knew he needed to learn to train in this bloody shyke so that was why he here now, not to pussyfoot his training but to beat past this barrier.

Holding his rapier up the Pycon huffed out a blast of exhale and swung the blade in front of him. The blade hit the snow in front of him, puffing the frozen water particles back into his face and blinding the pycon. Turning his gaze to the side Ball slid the sword back towards his body, bringing it up forward in a guard position before forcing a half arching swing from his left to the right. As the blade’s tip slid into the snow, Ball twisted and brought it back the other direction. When it exited the snow Ball was unable to control his momentum and followed with it.

Crying out in surprise as he found himself face first in the snow Ball shivered and stood back up, stabbing his sword down into the snow beside him. Releasing weapon’s hilt Ball flexed his fingers and looked around.More petching snow.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 15th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Revy had gotten sort of used to the cold now. It was still freezingly cold, but at least she could deal with it. But man it was cold. It was a good thing she wore those woolen clothes she bought a while back. Because of those clothes, she at least had it a bit warm, despite wearing her full plate armor. Wearing metal in these blistering colds was usually not really a good idea, but she had to. Rules were rules.

Upon entering the training grounds, Revy put her glaive to the wall, unhooked the shield from her back and took out her longsword, putting it next to the glaive. She hadn't noticed the pycon in the snow at all yet. Well, she wasn't really expecting anyone here, nor was she expecting someone that small. Hell, she only knew two pycons so far, so she didn't even think of meeting a third.

Anyway, Revy started with her regular warmup, after slipping the shield onto her arm and picking up her longsword. A hundred strikes, a chime of rest then another hundred strikes. Usually she did it without the shield, but today she had decided that she was going get better at using her shield. She still thought of it as a big lump of metal on her arm.

Conjuring an imaginary opponent, she got ready. Her shield in front of her body, covering most of her vital points. Her sword raised horizontally above her head. Her left foot was forward, while her right was lagging behind. She raised her shield up to block an overhead smash, as she swung her sword low, using her shield to move the enemy's weapon out of the way and then slashed that imaginary enemy diagonally from below.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on January 15th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Like Revy, Ball wasn’t paying much attention to his surroundings (something he knew better about and yet let his guard down so he could concentrate on his weapon), so when Revy started her warm up Ball became aware of the shadow that loomed overhead. When he looked up he gasped, it was a good sized booted foot coming down right towards him. Reactionary reflexes kicked in and the Pycon pushed backwards with his feet, propelling his full three inches backwards out of the foot, just in time too as the lady squire’s foot hit snow, crushing it down underfoot.

The impact of her foot connecting with ground though threw Ball back a bit farther and he landed in the snow, on his back… Now the three inch squire watched as a sword made of live sharpened steel was sent down at him. Instinct kicked in again as he didn’t want to be the first Pycon to become halved by a training blunder. He rolled, kicking up snow in his wake as the sword sliced neatly into the white wonderland.

“Hey! Watch it! I’m practicing down here!” He called out, not sure if the squire could hear him or not. Nope she apparently didn’t as the sword came back up from below and Ball managed to grab a hold of it, hissing as the steel bit into his hand and the three inch pycon climbed aboard the blade, steadying himself as much as he could until he was in range of her raised shield.

Jumping from blade to shield was a simple task, well it helped at least as the sword was making its way upwards into the sky and the shield was a large sheet of metal compared to Ball. Landing with a thud Ball had to grab hold of whatever bit of metal or rivet or lip he could so he wouldn’t find himself falling the full distance of the girl’s height to the ground below.

“Hey… Hey! Come on and pay attention you oaf!”

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 18th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Revy totally hadn't noticed that tiny pycon. What she did notice was that her blade felt a little different as she slashed her imaginary opponent. That was rather strange, why didn't it behave as it usually did? She hadn't changed anything on it at all. Was it the cold? But soon the origin of that slight change in weight showed itself.

It was another pycon. Okay... in no more then a few days she now had met multiple pycons. She now knew Nivel, Archailist and this... whatever he was supposed to look like. However, his attitude was rude at best. "Huh? Me, an oaf? Who the petch are you to start calling names to someone you've just met. At least Nivel and Archailist were a bit respectful.", she said angrily.

If he hadn't pissed her off, she would've let him off without just straight up shaking him off her shield. "Now, if you would be so kind as to leave me alone, I got some training to do.", she said as she tried to shake the pycon off. If just regular shaking wouldn't work, she'd try to snap the thing off of her shield by snapping it.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on January 19th, 2015, 2:53 pm

My Speech | My thoughts
Ball about dropped his jaw when the squire demanded who he was. “I am the one you about cleaved in half and stomped upon. That’s who! I am Ball, as if names mean little.” his singular eye narrowed in a weak attempt to intimidate Revy, one’s height did little to assist in that manner after all.

When the girl-squire decided on shaking her shield to remove Ball from its lip, the pycon decided to jump from shield to arm. “You need training. I need training. You want me off your shield… And I want to drive this bloody rapier into your ear. Sound pleasant eh? Why not use your shield to protect against me, and I will try not to drive the tip in too far.” If Revy took a good look at Ball as he spoke she would see the stubble on the top of his head was growing longer, his body was taking on a hue of pink closely related to magenta, speaking of his body it was appearing to get slightly skinner and just a tad bit longer.

His teeth started to get jagged and jut out more as he hopped from her shoulder, rolled as he came close to the ground and popped back up with rapier in hand. “What say you?” The accentual points of his speech were becoming more ragged and the phrases harsher and broken almost.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 27th, 2015, 4:37 pm

This little pycon was way out of his league. He dared to even threaten her? This ball-thingie really needed a bashing. Besides, if he was gonna use that needle, he wouldn't be able to hurt her at all... after she put on her helmet. "Ya think ye'r gunna beat me? Dun think yu got whut it takes. How many years of experience have yu got?", she said in her thick sunberthian accent. She put herself up as threatening as she could, wanting to get this lil' piece of shyke to just piss off.

But this little guy apparently was itching for a fight. Well, if he wanted one he could get one. "Tsk, ye wanan fight, A'right then. Dun' think I'ma be 'oldin' back despite yer bein that small.", she said and then prayed to Myri to grant her strength for this fight, "Myri, grant me strength to win this fight in your honor." She allowed her gnosis to flow throughout her body, feeling the power surging through her muscles.

Without warning, nor sign, Revy lashed out that the picon. Her aim true, right for his centre of mass or what the woman thought of as his centre of mass. The strike was simple, easy to figure out, but it was a fair bit faster then most people swung their weapons. Perhaps she'd catch that clay jerk offguard, if not, well it didn't matter. He wouldn't be able to do much to her anyway.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on February 9th, 2015, 3:43 pm

The woman started to rabble on about not holding back and blah blah blah and that’s when Ball ignored her babbling and walked right up to her foot. From this position he couldn’t see her trying to take a swing at him, but he heard her send a prayer out to Myri the Goddess of War and then saw the distinct shift in her legs as she prepped for a swing of her weapon. It was a dumb move, as he had closed the gap between her and him as she spoke, and clearly she was in mid-swing as he hopping onto her foot, angled his rapier as best as he could to aim where the lady squire’s armoured boot and leg plate gapped to allow for movement, beneath was some protective material to prevent chaffing and then there was flesh underneath that. First though he needed to dodge the blade, luckily he was quick enough he slide into the gap between her legs as the weapon slide down, flashing harshly in the light of Syna’s rays and it was quick.

This caused Ball to pause, he felt a sudden need to remain as close to her body as he could to prevent her from cutting him to ribbons. He still had most of his faculties about him, knowing damn well he was losing control as he could feel his anger roaring loudly. It didn’t take much longer until he was long of tooth, and not speaking clear words but instead he stabbed again with his sword into the gap between boot and plate.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 14th, 2015, 11:25 pm

This little petch was already sitting on her foot as she cleaved the air behind him? How in Myri's name was he so fast? Or did she just not pay attention? Either way, that piece of shyke started stabbing right in between her armor and it was mildly annoying. First she had to seperate him from her foot and she was already planning out how to do so.

"I can either just try to fling him off by kicking, or raise my leg and slice him off. Both ways will work, but which one would be best?", she pondered as she ignored the possibilities. Kicking was the easiest way, as she didn't need to balance herself when slashing. However, if that petcher stuck to her like glue, it wouldn't work. So she decided for the latter choice.

That pycon had better get his arse moving, otherwise he'd find himself without legs. The woman raised her leg and swiftly slashed the air above her foot in an attempt to remove that pest of a piece of clay. She was totally underestimating him and didn't realize this either. But even if she did, she probably wouldn't care. That transforming thingie was no threat to her with that toothpick. The most dangerous was him stabbing out an eye of hers.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on February 16th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Ball’s stabbing into Revy’s ankle was going to end far sooner than he thought, the lady squire’s sword flashed past the sun, casting a quick shadow over Ball and his target’s body, and thus the sword’s blade came in a flash of a shadow across Revy’s armor. Her protection was going to be Ball’s advantage in this situation. As the sword came closer, Ball jammed his rapier into the gap between boot and leg protection and in a flash shifted his body around in a tight circle.

As the weapon came closer Ball kept his grip on his sword and shot a large portion of his mass out hard at the blade, condensing his projectile mass into a solid point as the weapon got closer and closer. It wouldn’t take long for him to reach the blade’s flat edge and once he did the pyken artist would punch a huge dent into the sword. Yet when his mass reached his limit of stretching the pycon’s body pulled taunt then shot backwards into the direction of Revy’s leg and his rapier.

Sadly, when Ball connected his whole mass in one place by his rapier the extra momentum and swinging force would push the rapier deeper into the lady squire’s ankle… It would also force Ball into the gap and therefore the three inch tall, five pound mass of clay would find himself confined between human flesh and thick unyielding steel.

Of course, if the sword went beyond his limit or passed him beforehand he would find himself outstretched then once more found within Revy’s armor with his rapier. Regardless of the outcome, Ball’s nexus would be rocked hard and the pycon would be stunned for a few ticks as he scrambled to regain his barings.

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 29th, 2015, 2:26 am

The woman didn't realize what the tiny pycon was planning on doing at first. She just thought she'd get rid of the pest quickly and clean. Did she have any reason to expect the tiny clay guy to be able to damage her weapon? No, not really. This would prove to be... quite expensive later on.

The tiny piece of clay seemed to be molding itself differently. She had seen Archailist do it, but she didn't expect it to have a practical application like this. Despite her using Myri's gnosis, she still couldn't get her blade out of the way in time and could only helplessly see how the Pycon punched a rather big dent in her prized sword. Oh that petcher was gonna pay for this, she'd make sure of that.

"You petching lil' piece of shyke! I had that thing serviced not too long ago and now you gonn..", she started, but was shut up as she felt the pycon connect with her shin, the tiny prick of his.. needle as it shoved deeper, and consequently lost her balance for only a second as she quickly planted that foot back on the ground. Besides the fact that she now felt an uncomfortable piece of clay apply pressure to her shin, between the greave and her flesh, she also couldn't help but feel a near uncontrollable itch where that needle was stuck in her skin.

If she hadn't been wearing her plate armor, she'd have been able to get rid of that thing quite easily, but with her wearing those gloves she couldn't quite feel what she was grabbing. So despite her kneeling down and trying to get rid of that needle, she was only fruitlessly trying to as much as grab it.

oocExtremely sorry about the long delay. Just couldn't work up the inspiriation for this post, nor seemed to want to fo some odd reason >.<
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next