Chavi talk.

So Avalis and Eyris walk into a bar...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Chavi talk.

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 15th, 2015, 1:34 am

Thomas nose wrinkled, Fallon's words covered in a thick taste, sour like vinegar. It always irritated him to find something he couldn't exactly place, but it wasn't something unexpected. Emotions were always difficult to name, he wondered if there would ever come a time he could read auras like he could read books. Still, at least he was getting something from under her cover.

"You've found me, out," Thomas said, walking towards the sweeping doors of the Vestibule. The metal gratings, impressive and grand, slid open silently at their approach. Thomas too, was silent. He hoped Fallon would catch on -- she seemed clever enough, like that Dasoma women he met last year. It wouldn't take long for them to reach the second and final gate, their steps echoing all along the pathway.

The chaparral of the testing grounds was indifferent to their arrival. It remained as always, quiet, eerie, and warm. It had never changed, not that Thomas spent much time outside the Citadel.

"You can't talk inside, not like this," he began, keeping a careful eye on her aura, his tendrils wrapping around her, looking for any break, anything that would give him a better sense of this stranger. This clue. "But I'm sure someone as intuitive as you has long since figured that out." He smiled slyly, only just then remembering himself -- he wasn't in the fortress anymore, they were equals out here. He needed to treat her like one.

"And yes, of course. No pedestal, no hierarchy outside," he sighed, "It's easy to forget, sometimes, y'know? How I use to treat people, how you're suppose to treat people. You spend so long here, especially animating, and you forget that people...," he paused, his eyes focused on the opaque blackness floating in front of him, "You just forget," he shrugged, not really knowing how to explain what the Citadel did to pulsers. Despite everything he'd heard about the nuit, Thomas had decided long ago it was this environment that turned them they way they were -- a nuit living in a normal town? They should be able to pass as human as anyone else.

A Sahovan nuit? Good luck.

"I have a problem. Do you remember that cylindrical golem in the Cestibule? The thing with the iron bars and blue gems?," Thomas asked, scanning for any sense of recoginition in her aura -- the warm, green that should spill from her head, an emerald waterfall that would cover her being. "It's not working anymore. One day it just stoped, no questions, no answers, and then the judgment was installed. I need to find out why this happened and who did it."

"I can answer any question you have -- or can at least try to, anyhow. Will you help me?"

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Chavi talk.

Postby Fallon on March 17th, 2015, 9:21 pm

"I find a lot of things out. It's my job to," She spoke swiftly, voice cool and her eyes looking ahead. She watched the man fall into silence, watching his steps and following his actions as they passed on through. Her eyes gave only a small tilt up in acknowledgement of the doors, eyes tracing the high ceiling as they departed through them. Hands clasped behind her back, knuckles tapping against the sheath as she let silence be her companion. Even as he spoke up again did those orbs simply settle upon him, cool and unflinching as she brought forth the face of business - perhaps less cold and harsh, but that was the priority mindset she had put herself into now.

She raised only a brow to the smile, her eyes locking down upon him briefly and then lifting. She gave a step on past, continuing on her way through as they continued down the path to what she recognised as the testing grounds. With a rock up on her toes she paused at his side, gaze looking ahead, "I know. A nuit rather bluntly told me even the walls have ears, and that they know everything and see everything. And now I have you furthering such belief," She gave a glance at him from the corner of her eye then, voice dripping with dry wit, "Sahova, indeed, must be built for the perverse in mind."

Lips were licked, a tasting of the air as she considered her next set of words in as he tried to almost make himself appear more human, piecing together excuses as to his behaviour. But, her gaze simply focused on what was ahead, the occasional glance around her, checking not only his actions but if there was any other watches that may have followed them, "Some people forget, but others... they remember, far too sharply and far too clearly - and live with the haunting of it upon their consciousness ever after. An acidic memory."

Moving on, she glanced at him then. Brow creased, her eyes narrowing down as she listened to his problem, "I saw it, very clearly in fact. Maybe it just ran out of... whatever runs it. Or broke. All things break eventually, just a matter of time," she sighed, "I do not work with golems, I am not sure how I can help with such devices," she paused then, her lips pursing into a line as if she was trying to find a context in what he actually meant, "Nor am I a person who works with more mundane pieces, your..." she brought her hands forward then, fingers held as if grasping something invisible and then gently twisting back and forth, "Cogs and complicated wheel structures?" she waved the thought away then - it was not overly important - "I would not be able to take it apart and point out where things have shattered, if that is what you are asking. I could... perhaps," she gave a glance down to her hands then, a hum of consideration, "Attempt to point you in the right direction at least."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Chavi talk.

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 18th, 2015, 7:12 pm

Thomas shook his head at her guess, glancing back towards the Citadel in it's grave defense. It wasn't much of a guess to divine his paranoia -- or anyone's, if they'd spent long enough on the isle. "That's not how animation works --they don't just stop working. There has to be a reason, a cause, and I doubt something of the T.A.R.'s development just broke," he glanced over her aura, the thick cloud still holding strong, but he pressed his magic deep enough to catch the electric current of thought, of learning, of understanding. At least she was listening, and she seemed like she was considering his request.

"And even then, I've Seen it being shut down," he showed his gnosis, "I just don't know who or why, just the authorizaton code and there was a silver chain," Thomas sighed, frowning. He needed to practice more with his gnosis, and finding someone's chavi who wasn't standing right in front of him; well, it was embarrasing how difficult he'd found it.

"So any help, even a nudge in the right direction would be a...blessing." He looked at Fallon, matching her gaze. For the first time in a long time, his eyes held his sincerity upfront, his desperation obvious even without auristics. "The T.A.R. was useful. It was a master craft of animation, and it didn't deserve to be shut down."

His eyes suddenly shot down to her golden mark, a haze of black still clinging to her aura, "And who marked you? How does that help the investigation?"

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Chavi talk.

Postby Fallon on March 24th, 2015, 9:06 pm

She watched the eyes go down to where her mark would have been seen if it was not for her previously tugged back on glove. She knew that look well, the one full of questions and making demands, "And you expect I to miraculously know how this animation works? Forgive, but I am working with what little I know on your strange Sahovan constructs. Would you rather I make presumptions based upon ignorance or simply state that I do not know?" She shrugged then "Perhaps it merely went to sleep. Dormant. Hibernate like animals do."

Fallon sighed, and pinched her brow, "You have this code, and yet you have not attempted to wake it up? Is that not an immediate work of action? See if it responds to such prodding and poking?" With a hum she considered herself, her stance, and her position - what could she do, what was within her power? She could begin her own investigations by sight - and if she got close enough then perhaps she could put her own talents to work. Still, she heard the tone of his voice, and it caused her only to hum that bit deeper and louder.

"Eyris. She is wisdom and learning, knowledge and history," Her free hand gave a wrap against the back of the gloved hand, "And that is the Lykata. How does it help? I do not know, I am no seer or creature who can see what is to come. I simply do, analyse and act upon the situation. How it works... you will have to wait and find out." Shifting she gave a point back towards the claimed T.A.R. and begun to speak, "I need to know more on it. Like what is it for, how long ago did it shut down - if you know. I do not even know what it does. Information, time, place. Even the smallest snippets of whatever you can give me. Build up a structure of a report beyond simply what one has seen. Also..."

Her face twisted then, lips pursing into a line, "I need to get at it. To it, in within touching and feeling range. And, I'll need time. Perhaps an extra set of eyes to make sure we are not interrupted. Can you do that?" With a stretch she let her hands rest within her pockets. Rocking onto her heels she gave him a side way glance, "So, who exactly am I working for here, wizard. You, or them?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Chavi talk.

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 25th, 2015, 1:48 am

He watched her carefully, the blackness around her aura tightening, coiling back, covering her colors even more. He wondered at this change, catching only her words, missing her tone, and thus any clues as to why the change in her aura's behavior. Thomas reprimanded himself silently, reminding himself to pay attention to the person as well as the aura.

"No, I'm sorry. You asked a simple question, one that didn't deserve such a quick answer," he sighed, "And that's what it did do, or at least, I think so. They didn't completely remove the golem, I don't know why, because clearly they wanted to quiet it. So they put it to sleep with the authorization code," Thomas practiced control with his voice, careful not to let his words escape covered in thick condescension. It wasn't hard to believe someone off the island wasn't familiar with animation, but to actively practice that belief was trying in of itself. "The same authorization code to put the T.A.R. to sleep won't be the same code it needs to wake up."

Thomas nodded at her request for information, he would provide as much as he could, "The T.A.R, or temporal aura recognition, was what placed apprentices before the judgement, and after Dranira. It controlled who came into the Citadel, and who they worked with -- using a combination of auristics, magical and racial lore, besides which wizards needed apprentices at the time. It was, and remains, a masterpiece of modern animation," he paused, "There's general information I can tell you as well, but if you had any questions that might help specify what you think is most important to know."

"And there should be no issue with you touching it -- how long would you need? I can be your eyes if you need an extra pair, but not that many pass through the Vestibule."

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Chavi talk.

Postby Languish on September 20th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Character: Thomas Cosa

Skills :
Auristics + 4
Socialization + 1
Observation + 3
Rhetoruc + 3
Intelligence + 1

Lores :
Auras: Anger Burns like Fire
Auras: Supressed in Black Ink
Outside the Citadel We are Equals
Sahova: Makes you Forget
Sahovan Nuits: Outsiders

Character: Fallon

Please PM me if you return so I can post your grade.

Feel free to PM me with any questions about your grade, or if you feel I missed anything.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous