Completed [Fighter's Pit] Not So Sharp (Garland)

Orin tries to work on his weapons work and is helped by a certain squire

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter's Pit] Not So Sharp (Garland)

Postby Orin Fenix on February 6th, 2015, 3:15 am

Orin Fenix
Food Equals Love

Orin ran his hands through his hair as if that would help him to keep all this knowledge in his head. It seemed that fighting was a lot of training and work and nowhere near as elegant as it might look from a distance. Not that combat was elegant but two master warriors could make a match look like a dance. And Orin had never really seen an actual battle, just practice. What he had just learned from Garland wasn’t intuitive to him in the slightest. Orin would be better off staying away from fighting altogether. It would take Orin a long time before he felt comfortable enough to trust his abilities with a weapon. However, that day was a long day away. Until then, it was nice to know that there were people like Garland who knew exactly what they were doing and could protect those who were not quite as skilled. Everything Garland had said about reading an opponent’s movements made sense. And Orin resolved to practice the trip until he could do it without thinking. It seemed like a useful technique.

Orin glanced at the sun again, grimacing when he realized that if he got breakfast with Garland he’d probably be late for work. Then Orin hit on a perfect solution. ”Well if you don’t mind walking a bit, I think I have an idea. I am a chef after all and if we go to the kitchen where I work I could probably cook us up something or we can grab something. It would probably be better than anything we could find at a stall around here.” Orin managed to muster up a real grin. ”The best part about it? It’s free! So what do you think? Can you survive the hunger for a bit longer?”
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Garland on February 6th, 2015, 3:58 am

He smiled and wiped his head, he wasn't sweating, it was more of a force of habit actually. He nodded and quickly looked around, there should be another knight or squire to take his place here. He saw an armor-claded boy, a bit taller than Garland, but vastly less muscular. It seemed like his shift was over.

"Alright, I can hold off for now. Lead the way, friend." He offered him to go first. He didn't know where he needed to go, but he was always glad to spend some time with a friend, even if he was new.

"You said you were a chef? Hmm... Maybe I can get some tips from you in cooking! The gods know I need it." He said with a slight laugh and followed Orin out of the pits and into the streets.

occShould we end this now
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Matthew on March 4th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Garland

Experience Points:

• +1 Brawling
  • +1 Medicine
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Socialization
  • +2 Tactics
  • +4 Teaching
  • +1 Weapon: Dagger

Lores:

• Dagger: Basic Combat Tactics
  • Dagger: Proper Weapon Grip
  • Dagger: Vital Points to Target on an Opponent
  • Teaching Basic Dagger-fighting Skills
  • Teaching through Simple Sparring

Additional Rewards:
+4 Shield Points; +2 for Training & +2 for Helping a Citizen.

Orin

Experience Points:

• +1 Brawling
  • +1 Medicine
  • +2 Observation
  • +4 Socialization
  • +2 Tactics
  • +2 Weapon: Dagger

Lores:

• Medicine: Basic Vital Points
  • Dagger: Basic Combat Tactics
  • Dagger: Proper Weapon Grip
  • Dagger: Vital Points to Target on an Opponent

Additional Notes :
Garland, make sure to put your Winter Expenses in your Ledger. I went ahead and graded this because I am assuming they are 0, due to being a Squire. It is still good to have them recorded, though.

Good thread!

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous