PM to join His Return.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

His Return.

Postby Irriari on February 18th, 2015, 9:04 am

The human had sustained a head wound that rendered him mentally unsound. That was the only explanation Irriari could come up with, as there was no other way any human in Ravok would be so foolish to try sway her opinion with an offer. Even the merchants didn’t bother showcasing their wares when she passed by. Anyone with a working pair of eyes and a half functioning brain knew that they had nothing she valued other than the skin that they wore. Unsurprisingly, few were willingly to part with it.

The way the human had worded his offer showed that he was a man who had far too much pride running through his veins. Through stupidity, luck, or naked ambition, he had fallen into the belief that he knew what other people desired. Such claims were bold at best and often demonstrated that the brash human that uttered the remark was exceedingly out of touch with the reality in which he functioned. The reasoning behind his comment didn’t matter to the zith. Whether he was stupid, deranged, cocky, or insane made no difference in how she would react to him. Above all else he was human. As if that wasn’t damning enough, he had managed to infuriate her in ways that no other human had come close to achieving. If awards were given to those that angered the zith, this human would share the top prize on the podium next to the akalak. Of course, any good award came with more than just recognition, and Irriari intended to make it known what his lack of discretion had earned.

Irriari stepped closer to the man and looked deeply into his eyes, hoping that he would be stupid enough to repeat his offer. Few things delighted her more than a fool that refused to part with his beliefs. They were the most fun to break. He remained silent, obviously hoping that she would take the bait that he had offered. She paused for a moment and reflected on his wording. There were too many points to address, so she settled with addressing them one at a time.

“You know that I can’t refuse your offer? Were you a slave in my colony? Were you so far back in the mushroom farms that I failed to notice you? No, no, that can’t be the case. I made an effort to hurt every slave that damaged my mushrooms.”

She paused for a moment and dug a claw into one of the wounds that was still dripping blood, making sure to stretch the wound open just a bit further. After he gave her the reaction she desired, Irriari continued speaking.

“So you weren’t a slave and you haven’t been to the colony. You claimed to know what I wanted. That’s a lie. But I’m used to it. Humans lie all the petching time. You see a zith and you think that we’re lesser than you, that it’s okay to lie. The only problem with that logic is the fact that I can hear your heartbeat. I can hear it start to race as you lie. I can see the droplets of sweat that bead on your forehead. It really pisses me off. You aren’t worthy to speak to my kind and then when you do, you lie.”

Irriari grabbed the man’s hair and pulled it downward, wrenching his neck at a painful angle. She held it there as she continud speaking, her voice quivering with the raw emotion that flooded her veins at the thought of harming him.

“I want to see you cry. I want to see everything you are break apart as you piss yourself and beg me to stop. You’ll offer to my slave, you’ll offer to slash your own wrists to make the suffering stop. It won’t stop. I will petching feed on your pain until there isn’t a drop left to wring out from your pathetic wingless husk of a body. Don’t offer something you can’t provide.”

With that, Irriari released the man’s hair and walked away to face the Ebonstryfe soldier that addressed her. Any begging or words that came from the human behind her would be ignored- he had already proven himself to be nothing more than a worthless liar.
Last edited by Irriari on February 18th, 2015, 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

His Return.

Postby Marcus Drago on February 19th, 2015, 3:50 pm

“You know that I can’t refuse your offer?" She said questioningly. The way she said it was not how Marcus wanted her to. Instead of being curious, she seemed as though she was getting ready to ramble, which she did.

She went on and on about how Marcus wasn't a slave, which was correct, and how he destroyed her mushrooms? "...What?" He said when she paused, honestly asking her what she meant. Instead of explaining more, she dug her claws into the only injury that still had blood dripping from it, his lips. He looked at her with pure hatred as she played with him, torturing with him just for fun. 'A zith in the Ebonstryfe. Now that sounds more correct.'

Silently he listened to her go on and on, his lips festering with nothing but pain. The most sensitive part of his body played with, Marcus was given a stinging pain that would never go away. If he moved his mouth then it would hurt, if he tried to lick it then it hurt. If she wanted to find a way to shut Marcus up then she surely did.

She went on, first admitting that he was not a slave, or at least not by her knowledge. Then she said she lied to him. He could chuckle, grin, or laugh extremely hard in her face, but the pain from doing so would be too much. Instead he shook his head left and right, inwardly laughing his butt off. He had every right to laugh, every right to spit in her face and tell her how stupid she sounded. He heard the zith's words, but all he could truly hear was a foolish it that had probably been burned by a human being too much. Maybe it would seem a little sad to some, after all no one should go through their life treated like a lesser being, but there was no sympathy from Marcus. Just a look that said,'you low life creature.'

Still she called him a liar, she tried to read everything about his body as a lie. Racing heartbeat, probably because he was losing so much blood from what she just did. Sweat falling from his pores, who wouldn't in a situation where people were beating his ass every few minutes?

Then it grabbed his neck, still continuing to speak. Its fowl breath blew towards him, the stench of its wings and its sweat from nearly drowning all stung his nose. This creature smelled like a raw animal, a beast that belonged on the ground barking for food, not threatening his life. Marcus felt no fear from this thing, only hatred.

It finished with many thoughts of what it wanted to make him see, his look still held strong. When it finally released him, Marcus felt the firm grasp of his neck from the other man who was still behind him. For a moment, he had almost forgot about the others.

He stared at it as the thing began to walk away, then he moved after her. He jerked towards her as though he wanted to kill her, hurt it so bad that the Zith wished it had made the deal, but the soldier pulled him back out of instinct. Anyone would do so if they had a prisoner. Why risk the chance for him to escape when your goal was to hold him still? The brain was magnificent in carrying out its vassal's goals. Don't let him go, pull him back if he escaped.

The man pulled Marcus towards him, and Marcus backed into the man. His back touched the soldiers chest while the soldier tried to get a good hold on him. The soldier was distracted by Marcus body, which allowed Marcus the opportunity steal his dagger and point it towards his neck. They where close to each other, Marcus had a dagger towards him, so what was he to do? Assault Marcus? How could he when he couldn't get a firm enough stance to do something? Pull out a weapon? Not with that close of a distance towards each other. All he could do was gain distance away and try to do enough damage to secure Marcus once again.

So the man stepped back and pushed Marcus away, but Marcus had a firm grip with the soldiers wrist. So when Marcus was pushed away, he pulled the soldier towards him. The soldier unwillingly moved close to Marcus and Marcus moved close to the man. The captured human stepped aside to allow the soldier to move past him, then he bent the soldiers arms. In a surprisingly swift motion, Marcus pinned the soldiers arm towards his back and held the dagger towards the mans neck. The soldier was compromised, Marcus free.

"I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!" Marcus yelled, but it was not as loud as it seemed. It was only loud enough for the Zith and the other Stryfe soldier to hear. But he was pissed, this knowledge stemming from the tone in his voice. Marcus made sure that the soldier he captured was light on his feet, not firm. If the soldier had a firm hold to the ground then he could find a way or strength to escape. Out of pure surprise he had captured the soldier, he wouldn't take them by surprise again.

Marcus heart pounded hard, adrenaline and blood raced all through his body. He was in a fight or flight mode, his eyes bloodshot. He and the Soldiers stomach and face pointed towards the Zith and fatso. Their back was to a wall of a large building, but not touching it. From that spot Marcus could see any soldier come from anywhere, but there where no sightings of another, yet. There was little civilians around. The sun was falling down.

Marcus continued, "I have done nothing, brought no harm to no one, and raised NO VOICE against Rhysol. You are all alive, and I tried to save that man from drowning before you pulled me up. I am free from any persecution and have NO RIGHT for torture. Even now I show kindness towards this soldier and do LITTLE DAMAGE!"

Marcus kept his senses opened. He was running on pure adrenaline, readying for a fight or flight situation. But still he tried to talk, make sense, appeal to them the best he could. "You expect me to sit here and allow myself to be tortured? I don't think so Zith, I don't think so HUMAN! Let me go, now, before I DO do something. Let me go before I kill this man then both of you."

He looked into the Zith's eyes, the daggers blade almost peeling through the mans neck. "Tell me Zith," Marcus said. "You THOUGHT that I was lying before, so tell me. Do you think that I am lying now?"
Marcus Drago
Player

Words: 58360
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2014, 8:45 pm
Race: Human

His Return.

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 21st, 2015, 4:24 am

Clyde had not been there to see the entire situation unfold, though he had caught the bit at the end. Instead yells and shouted voices and the sounds of violence had attracted him to something going on within Ravok.

Being a member of the Stryfe himself, it was his duty to respond to such circumstances, and to ensure the safety of the city and its citizens.

Of course the way that he went about that was somewhat up to him, and Clyde tended to look at things from his own unique perspective.

As usual today he wore his Magecrafted robes, which were emblazoned with the symbol of the Ebonstryfe. Also as usual he carried Cha in his right hand.

Since he did not have any specific duties at the moment, nor did he have a need to look finely appointed, he was also wearing his backpack. Within was his various writing implements and materials, along with a hammer tucked within. It was a tool Clyde did not often use, but useful enough in its own right.

The initial fighting had been missed by Clyde, but he did arrive in time to see someone being dragged from a canal, soon followed after by a familiar Zith and another person.

He had in fact met the Zith in question earlier in the season, and she had seemed a alright enough sort as far as Zith went. That didn't really say much, but it was better than the more rabid and violent ones he had run into.

As he approached he heard the words "no papers" and little else. But that in itself said much. He was still to far away to get a good look at the person who did not have citizenship papers, and thus who had no rights in Ravok. From what he could see it appeared the man had managed to make afoul of a pair of Ebonstryfe, though he was not truly certain of what had happened. But it seemed a logical enough conclusion.

Though the fact that this person had made afoul of a pair of Ebonstryfe meant one of two things. One, the man was unusually skilled in combat, and so had been able to take them both on. However that did not explain how he had ended up at the losing end of the altercation, so that possibility seemed less likely.

The second likelihood as Clyde saw it was that the Stryfe had been over sure of themselves, over sure that no one would attack them, and so had not been handling themselves seriously. That or perhaps the man had simply been lucky. Or perhaps a combination of luck and inattention and over assurance on behalf of the Stryfe.

Clyde missed the next few bits of conversation as he neared, including the exchange between Irri and the other man.

As Clyde finally got close enough to be noticed, though still out of range of a physical altercation with anyone, another development happened. Once more the man seemed to be struggling, putting up a fuss, and making more problems.

There was a quick scrum, and the man had taken a dagger from the soldier, a weapon he was now holding at his neck.

The next words were easy to hear, as they were shouted. Clyde finally fully arrived on the scene, as the man now went on with a tirade of his own.

"I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!"

Funny, since he had just assaulted a member of the Stryfe, and was now holding a blade to his neck. That alone was an offense, assault on a member of the Stryfe. Even in self defense that was a punishable offense, especially for a non-citizen which had no rights in Ravok.

And yes he said he had done nothing wrong.

As he neared it was clear the man was in distress, was desperate, and likely was not thinking clearly. He just wanted a way out, and not finding one lashed out as any other animal working on base instinct would. He would likely then accept any semblance of aid, at least if any bit of his brain was still working logically and in his own best interest.

So focused was everyone on the exchange between the men in the fight that likely until now no one would have seen him approach.

"I have done nothing, brought no harm to no one, and raised NO VOICE against Rhysol. You are all alive, and I tried to save that man from drowning before you pulled me up. I am free from any persecution and have NO RIGHT for torture. Even now I show kindness towards this soldier and do LITTLE DAMAGE!"

"You expect me to sit here and allow myself to be tortured? I don't think so Zith, I don't think so HUMAN! Let me go, now, before I DO do something. Let me go before I kill this man then both of you."

"Tell me Zith," Marcus said. "You THOUGHT that I was lying before, so tell me. Do you think that I am lying now?"

Finally stating his presence and making it known, Clyde answered the mans question instead of the Zith.

“I do not think you are lying. I think you believe what you say, and mean it also. But truth and lies, they are so subjective, what is true to one is a lie to another.”

As he talked Clyde began to exude res from his body. A master of the skill, it appeared to any onlooker as if a silvery glowing cloud once inside of him had suddenly spurted out suddenly, and without any physical indicator from Clyde.

His will was enough, and with but a thought the res began to spread, a thick layer of glowing ethereal silver gas floating over the ground a good 2 feet thick.

Within but a few seconds, before he even got that close to the combatants, his res had spread out, snaking around everyone's feet without actually touching them.

This substance was Clyde's res, something only a Reimancer would recognize, or someone who had encountered one before. If nothing else Clyde would show no fear, no discomfort or worry about being in the presence of so many angry people, nor in the presence of a man threatening another's life.

As he walked closer, Clyde continued exuding his res, covering the ground they all walked on for a wide spread, wider than the man could pull his captive, if he was so inclined to attempt to run away, and covering the area that everyone stood, the Stryfe, the man, and the Zith.

If he attempted to run away, to drop his captive and retreat, he would find the gaseous substance snaking up his legs and body, only to transmute into ice with a thought and mental command from Clyde. That would freeze him in place easily enough, as if his legs and torso had been cast into a block of ice, holding him in place.

From Cha he also used another djed manipulation, focusing his mind on the man, and sending out a pulse of Auristics, focusing on the man and his aura, and clearly seeing him in his mind. It was only a basic reading, but with it and his skill in Auristics he could see the man, even when not looking at him, even with obstructions or people in the way.

This meant that even if he turned away, or was made to, or was not looking at the man with the dagger held threateningly at another's throat, Clyde would still see him.

Turning to the Zith and the other Stryfe, Clyde barked a command, a statement of an order expected to be followed.

“Stay your hands you two, both of you. I will handle things from here.”

Turning back to the man, Clyde let a small smile slip across his lips, not a happy or mocking expression, more of a general expression put upon ones face in a stressful situation. Clyde took in a breath to calm himself, and breathed in once more, before continuing speaking.

“Now, clearly things have spiraled out of control, far from what you intended. I understand that. However while you are not lying, and clearly feel you have done nothing wrong, it is also clear you do not fully know of Ravok and its ways. I have no lived here all of my life, and know how it can be odd to a new person, so I will explain it too you. I promise I will not lie to you today.”

“Clearly you have assaulted a member of the Ebonstryfe. That alone is a punishable offense. You are even now assaulting a member of the Stryfe. People have been killed for less.”

As he spoke, the res, which appeared as a thick mist about everyone's feet, would slowly shift and swirl about them, a gentle motion caused by Clyde's mental pressure upon it.

“Now, I give you my word that if you drop the weapon, and let the man go, I will let you live, and you will not be tortured by this Zith, and will be fairly dealt with.”

Clyde paused here to let this sink in for a moment, before continuing.

“You have threatened to kill that man. Do so if you must. But I also promise that if you kill him, I will have no choice but to kill you. This substance about here, it is my res. I am a mage. In an instance it can be the element of my choosing. If you go quietly it will be air, or water, or ice, perhaps holding you in place if I feel I must. But if you do not obey now, do not respect my words, and kill this man, or refuse to surrender to ME, then it will become something much less pleasant.”

“Now choose, will it be life and a fair dealing from me, or death of that man you hold, and your own death swiftly followed after. Do not think that his life means that much to me, or it promises your safety. Now choose, and make your actions clear, and we can carry on in a more civilized way.”

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

His Return.

Postby Nemesis on March 27th, 2015, 11:35 am

Clyde Sullins
Skills * *
Leadership * +1
Persuasion * +1
Lores
*None

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • None

Irriari
Skills * *
??? * +??
??? * +??
??? * +??
Lores
*???

• ???

Marcus Drago
Skills * *
??? * +??
??? * +??
??? * +??
Lores
*???

• ???

• Not much to give, Clyde..
  • Irri, please update your ledger with expenses from Winter 514AV (with 10% increase).
  • Marcus, if you decide to return please update your ledger with expenses from Winder 514AV (plus 10% from increase prices because of the Fish) and Summer 514AV (with 20% increase from Fish). I remind you that living in Squalor isn't a thing in Ravok..
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous