Returning (Gendler)

Evalin finds Gendler, and a new path is discovered for them both.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Evalin on February 9th, 2015, 11:44 pm

60th of Winter, 514 AV

Syna was beginning to fall, the sky splashed with coats of red and yellow as darkness began to creep closer and closer. Evalin moved through the streets of Riverfal, without hurry and with a purpose, heading in the direction of her work establishment, the Alements. Tonight would be a normal night there. Tend to some of Caelum's patients that stayed the night, and prepare the rooms for the next day's work. The chill in the air went almost unnoticed by the Immortal as she moved, turning this way and that to slip past the crowds of overly large colorful men and their companions. The sound of her walking stick upon the stones of the road made the journey seem longer, as each clack represented a tick it took to travel to her destination. It was odd to the Immortal, as she realized that she WAS concerned about the time. What did it truly matter?

As she walked Evalin absently petted the twin scarves that hung around her neck. Crusher and Snapper were still, good little things as always, and somehow having them made the nuit smile. They were like her pets, much like the mortals take on cats or birds, but in this case Evalin's pets would last MUCH longer. Her red eyes looked out at the world from beneath her black hood, robes swishing softly back and forth as her boots crunched through the snow.

She felt it before she saw it, a chill up her spine and a taste upon her tongue as her marks flared to life, causing the Immortal to turn her head to the side and squint into the gaining darkness. She found him, some distance away doing whatever it is he was doing. Evalin cared not, for instead she felt the sudden welling of hatred and suspicion in her gut.

Be damned... another has come. Be he one of Avene's? Or perhaps another?

Capture him, and the answers shall be revealed. The Familiar's simple response was all it took, and without further thought Evalin moved forward, passing through the crowd faster now, weaving in and out until she was right beside the newest Returned in Riverfall.

The nuit touched the chained one's shoulder, long black nails curling into his flesh as she leaned close and whispered before he could react, "Be silent and do not resist me." The order was fueled by the power of her mark, and Evalin used this power to bend the pawns will to her own. Releasing the man she would crook her finger at him, not sparing even a single glance as she turned, "Follow me."

Evalin would not wait to see if he followed. She knew he would. Just like she was compelled to do as that bastard Avene said, so was he compelled to follow her. Hissing softly under her breath Evalin lead them through the bodies of people again, not slowing her pace or looking back even once as she made her way to one of the parks of Riverfall, to a place partially secluded where they would not be disturbed. With the growing night there would of course still be a number of people about, but Evalin was not concerned about them at this time. When the had reached a place that was more, or less, private Evalin would stop and turn toward the man.

"Stand you there, with your back to the tree." The order hissed past her lips as she indicated a tree to her left, one that cast long shadows over them now. When he did so Evalin would come close, pulling back her hood to reveal straight black hair that fell past her shoulders. When she spoke her pointed teeth and elongated cainines were obvious as she leaned close, placing a hand against the man's chest and pressing her black nails into his clothing.

Evalin took a moment to look him up and down. At least a head taller than she was, his body was different than her own. It was dried, very 'dead' looking and the scares instantly caught her attention. After a few ticks of examination Evalin would look up to the man's eyes, "I give you permission now to speak. Who are you, and why have you come here? Answer me truthfully."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Gendler on February 10th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Gendler

Gendler wandered aimlessly amongst the living, his mind twisting and coiling around the fantasy that fueled his purpose. From the map the guard gave him upon entrance to the city, the Kendoka Sasaran was where he would find himself when the sun began to rise to meet his ambition. For now he would wait and learn of his surroundings, or let his mind wander towards more glorious thoughts. After all, he did not come here to enjoy the views and joys the city had to offer those with throbbing hearts and love of life. Such things died twenty years ago when he vowed bloody vengeance against those who robbed him of love and stole what he held most dear.

Gendlers cloak swayed with sudden gusts of icy wind as he marched forward, holding himself high as a God would in the presence of a mortal crowd. His undead body deflected all sense of comfort in the cold unlike those who passed him, women huddling inside there cloaks as they idly gossiped about there plans. Occasional he would pass one of the azure men, they seemed to be more adept to the cold, out of discipline perhaps? The undead discarded any more mental investments in the Akalak. He would soon find out there worth, and with it raise his own should he find them strong enough to be the ones to elevate his skill.

The undead found himself in a decently populated area, the living shrouded him further from view, further aided by the darkness that had engaged the city. Gendlers thoughts came to a halt as his mark began to throb, energizing his body with divine purpose as sharp nails latched onto his shoulder, followed by a soft voice hissing demands that echoed in his mind. Gendlers teeth clenched to the command for silence, his feet fell prey to the second instruction as he followed what he could only perceive as a cloaked figure. The persons size and the way they moved suggested it was a woman. The clanking of her staff added further to the rhythm of there pace and beat of his Gnosis, each step Gendler took was like a choreographed strike of his blade, one after another he followed, not daring to ruin the motions of command. In the deeper recesses of his mind, the coals of the undeads anger where being stoked, begging for whoever had the nerve to steal his will to face him and impale themselves onto his blade, again and again. He knew one day he would be enslaved, but not now. Not when he was about to take the next step of his growth.

"Stand you there, with your back to the tree."

Gendler did as instructed, paying no mind to any further details of there location. The young undead watched the woman un-shroud herself and creep closer into his space, the aura of her marks engulfing him further. He stared, examining her features without any outward display of emotion, his face and body solid as stone. She appeared to be young, with a dark beauty that would rival Dira herself. Any thoughts of her being mortal vanished when he noticed more. Her eyes hummed with the same red glow as his own, and her teeth, those of a monster. Gendlers teeth unclenched as she gave permission to speak. His voice was coarse and dry that would resemble dust and gravel to those with an artistic mind, vibrating with the malicious intent of his emotions towards the subject.

"To gain the skill required to slaughter those who cause me grievance. To see my sword trained enough to slaughter the thousands that will stand in there defense. I would be known as Gendler to those who would not know my purpose. Ruin: to those who will see it unleashed."

The undead continued to stare as he towered over his temporary master, her nails pushed into his chest, threatening to sink them further. The red glow in his eyes sought to pierce her own, but he knew that a being of this magnitude would find it amusing at the most and offensive at the least. But he would continue, if only to see what kind of monster he was dealing with. The cold wind howled once again to break the silence that was between them now, the darkened sky standing as a witness to what would happen next, good or ill.
Gendler
Wraith

Words: 27289
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2015, 4:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Evalin on February 10th, 2015, 3:52 pm

His voice was like sand upon her ears, but the hatred Evalin felt from him was like the sweetest nectar upon her tongue. Tilting her head Evalin looked up into the man's eyes to match his gaze, but instead of matching his own anger and hate she smiled and almost laughed.

He is... an odd one.

Not odd. Evalin ran her hand up the man's chest, sliding over his neck and brushing his cheek as she continued to search his features in silence, Very much like I was, long long ago.

"Tell me Grendler... do you know of a man named Avene? Have you come on someone else's beck and call this day, or by your own power and volition to you stand before me?" The sound of others approaching turned Evalin's head to the side as annoyance flickered past her features.

"Put your arms around me." Evalin commanded, turning to look up at him again and coming even closer. Her hand circled his neck, pulling his head down so that their faces were a mere breath apart, but of course neither of them breathed, "Embrace me, like you would a lover."

Behind her Evailn could hear the people passing, not sure if it was one, or two or even more, but it mattered not. Once others saw a couple holding one another so close in the coming darkness they made haste to leave them to their privacy. During this time, however, Evalin whispered past a soft smile on her lips, "You are a curious one Grendler. What is it you desire from this place...?"

When the people had passed Evailn would pull away, though she still remained close as she leaned on her staff and waited to hear the man's response.

OOCI didn't think to mention it before, but the blue is Tsenrika, Evalin's Familiar :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Gendler on February 11th, 2015, 11:11 pm

Gendler

Gendler silently questioned this woman's motivations towards him, was there an adversary amongst there kind plotting against her, or was it simple curiosity that drove her questions. It wasn't a surprise being questioned about his purpose for coming to Riverfall. After all, the Returned where a rare breed that where few and far between. He began to wonder what would become of him after her curiosity was satisfied. Gendler listened intently when she spoke again, turning his face ever so slightly as she appraised his features with touch and a deep gaze.

Gendler gave no silence that would break the flow of 'conversation' as he responded back to her "Avene is a foreign name to my ears. I stand before a stranger because I'm bound to obey your-"

The undead could see them approach from the corner of his eyes, a pair of locals made there way towards them, two men seeming to be looking for further company to add to there meaningless night. She already seemed to be aware of there presence as her smile was replaced with a momentary expression of disdain as she turned her head towards the impending interruption .

Her eyes came back to his own as she made her demands to appear as a couple enjoying a romantic evening. As she drew his face down closer to her own he met her command, lifting his arms from his side he pulled her to him so that there bodies would press firmly against one another, holding her in the false security of his embrace. Gendler briefly recalled a time when he held his wife in such a way, the sting of humanity brought a moment of pain upon the unkind features of his face for a moment as he stared into the Wretched Ones eyes. He wished Saffron would manifest in her place if only for a moment. No, Gendler stiffened and closed his eyes briefly as to perish such thoughts from his mind.

The creature before him seemed to be amused, as she continued to smile and search for more clues. When asked as to what he sought, Gendler looked past her, watching the two men chuckle and walk in a different direction. The woman withdrew from him, resting her weight upon her staff with silent anticipation. Gendler placed his palm on the pummel of his sword and looked down at it, then back to her as to suggest what he sought to gain. "Who are you?" Gendler asked roughly while looking upon her attire to see if she was armed. His gaze fell upon her strange scarves for a moment before returning his attention to her face. While lacking any noticeable weapons aside from her staff, Gendler knew that whoever this woman was she was not all she appeared to be, and sent his mind further into unease.
Gendler
Wraith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Evalin on February 12th, 2015, 2:58 pm

Evalin eyed the blade for a tick or two, thoughts passing by in absent waves as she lept from one musing to the next.

He knows not of that despicable man. Evalin touched the blue gem that hung from her neck, If that is the case then perhaps he could be useful to us.

Say he only that he does not know of one man in particular... know we not if he has another master that has pushed him to come here. as always Tsenrika's logic gave the Immortal pause.

What think you should be done...?

Caution is to be followed. Even if he is another's pawn it means not that he cannot be used by us as well. In the event that he becomes a liability...

I will end him. Evalin finished.

After several ticks Evalin's attention once more fell on Gendler, and at his question Evalin laughed, "Foolish child, who am I? I am no one at all, yet to you I am everything." Coming closer once more Evalin touched the man's cheek with one hand, "I am your new Master, and you my servant. From this day onward you will serve me and do as I command. I am your morning and your night, your friend and your most hated enemy. I am she who commands all from you. Your general, your commander, the only companion you will find in either this life or the next." She chuckled and ran her nails down his neck, tapping his shoulder as she looked him up and down, "My name... You may call me Evalin. You know not the fortune you possess to have been lifted from the streets by me and not by... another."

Her expression soured somewhat but it quickly passed when she looked back into the man's eyes, "Now then, tell me everything. Who you were, what you are now. What 'gifts' has our good lord Uldr given you? Tell me everything so that I might fully utilize my new pawn."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Gendler on February 12th, 2015, 7:45 pm

Gendler

Evalin seemed lost in thought, as if debating what to do with him after glancing at the blade he made subtle mention to. his eyes narrowed in on the precious stone around her neck as her hand touched its smooth surface as she drifted in her mind, probably just a mannerism as she visited the past towards the object, possibly a gift from the person she mentioned earlier. The woman seemed keen the sense of touch, so he discarded it as such and returned to the punishing words that followed her laughter from his response. The words came from her lips as chains that would shackle Gendler from his ambitions as she made her claim to the undeads freedom.

Gendler squeezed the pummel of his longsword as she mixed her insidious intent with the expectation of gratitude. For a moment, the smoldering coals in the undeads chest where ignited with a boasting flame that would rival Ivak himself if he resided in his heart, but the anger was coaxed into relaxation at the possibilities this servitude could bring. It's true, his martial ambitions would be slowed, but there was also the chance to gain from his new master. A being marked more then once by Uldr was one of much accomplishment, and one who could have more to teach. Other then that, if she where to use his abilities to there full potential he would grow not under the teachings of anothers sword, but of his own. Such things would depend on how demanding his new master was. There would be time to weave his agenda into this new arrangement later.

Gendlers smirked as she traced his neck and gave him her name. Names held more power then people realized, it defines a person to a very small degree as they generally cling to a single one there entire lives. It gives body to what there flesh holds inside. The undead caught the resentment towards the other marked one she asked of when words where first exchanged and made a mental note to keep this person in mind, should they ever cross paths.The undead turned and and took a couple steps away from Evalin so that his back would be to her as he began to shed light upon her more intimate questions. It was difficult to bring up his mortal life and how he was set upon the path he walks now, and didn't want to let Evalin see any emotions that may bleed through could not be seen.

"Hector was my name, I was a citizen of Sylira twenty years ago. I was a farmer in my youth But my taste for getting in trouble needed to be tamed so I could be forged into a man. My father and I decided it would be best if i where to submit myself before the Knights that vigilantly guard and protect its people from the harsh world outside there walls. It did not take long to find a patron willing to have a young man bring honor to his house by giving the boy the means to rise up and seize a higher calling. Instead they discharged me for not practicing there ideology to there satisfaction a year into my training."
Gendler gave pause, letting his words set into the mind of his new mistress. His mind turned towards the family he started soon after his discharge and decided he would leave that information in the shadows where they belonged. "Soon after I was murdered by a Nuit that was discovered in our walls. What it did to deserve being hunted, I did not know.... Never the less i woke up forever changed, I spent three years on the fringes of my home city before Uldr gave me an offer I could not refuse. He gave me strength no mortal man could ever hope to achieve unaided, he built me a body that would never wither or be destroyed as easily. Dust is all you would find in my veins. These are my gifts, and what stands before you."

Gendler crossed his arms and remained silent despite the many questions of his own. It would be best not to press above his station, or else he may find himself in a situation he would regret. All would be revealed in time.
Gendler
Wraith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Evalin on February 13th, 2015, 6:21 pm

"Ah a knight." Evalin whispered as her hand wandered down further, pausing as it traced over the hand that held the pommel of the sword, "How... honorable. There was a time I myself ventured to that dreadfully boring city of the self righteous. In that time I came to know a quite wealthy family who are no more, I am sad to say. Though their donations to my ventures are to be appreciated."

It has been a long, long time since Evalin had gone to the city of Syliras. It was out of mere whim that she had gone in the first place, and while there she became involved with a well of family. Through events that unfolded in seasons after Evalin saw to it that the entire family fell to shame and ruin, before moving on from the city never to look back again. But now there was a modest curiosity. Perhaps the Immortal would visit again before long.

Stepping back Evalin once more leaned on her staff as she spoke, "Be it good timing on your part that you have come when you have. Be it like... a child returning to his mother, for you carry a gift very similar to another of my pawns who has, I am sorry to say, gone astray." Looking past him Evalin's hands rung the neck of her staff as if she were imagining someone's neck in its place, "But rest assured my Dearest Vino will soon return... He always does. Poor boy has no where else to go, and no family left to turn to. I expect him to arrive to this very place before another season passes..." Her attention snapped back to Grendler then, "And you my dear Hector, what a role you shall play! You are the final pieces I require to set in motion things that are to come."

She motioned for the man to follow as she moved away from the shadow of the tree. The sun had fully dipped beyond the horizon now, and so the time for the creatures of darkness had come, "Already I have a task for you, one you are to carry out immediately. I wish for you to find someone, and bring them to me." From the folds of her robes Evalin produced a quill and paper, scribbling upon it a hurried note, "Her name is Gwin, a curious creature with the tail of a seal and wings quite extraordinary. She is a mistral of sorts, and she is to be the bard that will sing the song of what is to come." Once she was finished she stored the quill away, passing the paper to Grendler. On it was scribbled an address and a date, "You, child, are to be my sword and my arms. Deliver a message to the woman. Tell her the time has come for her to learn the song of the future, and to come to this place at this time. Once this message is delivered you may do as you please until this time as well, but come to this place at the same time for then I will have further instructions for you to follow."

Evalin pulled her hood up once more, looking out from the darkness at her new servant, "Do you understand your task...?"

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Gwin on February 16th, 2015, 5:08 am

Needless to say, the minstrel was hard at work half of the season. With nothing to do, nowhere to go, not a day passed that she didn’t think of the witch and her mysterious goal. Some nights she even had disconcerting dreams about it. So she endured the agony of staying in one place against one’s will and set to put all of it into music. With that Gwin had found an occupation to swallow more than enough of her time since the capturing of frustration, curiosity and dread proved to be a new challenge. Never had she tried to capture feelings like that before, much like joy or happiness, yet in a profoundly different way.

She had tended to drift, to move from the beach to a bridge to a tavern within the city, but now that the goal was clear as lake water before her eyes, no more time was wasted. Gwin simply stayed around the Blue Gem, mainly the pier in front of its doors, the restaurant and her apartment. All she saw were black lines on the paper, evading her ever so deftly, and all she heard the marvelous music orchestrated by chance itself. Gwin never blamed fate. Another thing bound to change, possibly.

The only breaks she took occurred during meals or times she simply had to get away from dark tunes and play something else. Then she tended to sit in a corner of the restaurant or bar, depending on time of day or night, and play quietly to herself and any casual listeners. As was the Akvatari’s custom, she never asked for money, but some gave it to her nonetheless.

As time passed, Gwin found herself less and less in the company of others though. She used up more parchment and crumpled sheets began to litter her room. It was the first time she could think of that the music didn't come easily and the first time that she raised her voice while composing. Nothing felt right. Understandably, Gwin didn't want to have a fit in a crowded public space, so she mostly stayed in her room.

Still, she had to get out and away from the glaring notes on parchment every once in a while. Then she sat at her table, staring into space and waiting. For what? She didn't know.

OOCSry for any mistakes or weird writing here. Not used to writing on a tablet.
Gwin
Guerilla Minstrel

Words: 144602
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Gendler on February 24th, 2015, 9:52 am

Gendler

Gendler turned his glance to Evalins hand as she touched his hand that rested on its familiar companion. He was surprised anyone would willingly help an undead, especially in Syliras. The knights kept a tight leash on its population, and those who where plotting ill deeds in the city's walls usually didn't very last long. The undead pushed the thoughts from his mind as she shifted the conversation towards his 'luck' and began to talk about Vino. Evalin seemed to be thinking out loud as she described him, and as he listened he compared himself to her brief description. A man was nothing if he had no family to protect or save, and for a moment he wondered, after the dust settled... Would he have nothing and no one just like this Vino? Despite the immense disadvantage towards his end game he knew in his still heart that he would have one person, and she would need to die too. But it wouldn't be a permanent death, for despite his similarities with Vino, and Evalin: he believed himself to be superior in a more human way, and he would not fail.

Gendler turned sharply to face the Witch when she addressed his mortal name, as if that man was the one standing before her now. He followed her motion to follow as she began to tell him of his first act of servitude. He watched silently as she began to scribble on the parchment that was produced from her robes. 'Gwin' he took the creatures name in with her description. Why he was being bothered with fetching a musician, he couldn't begin to fathom. Music would not cut down foes, and if Evalin needed Gendler he suspected there would be blood. The undead took the parchment and looked over its content.

With a short nod, Gendler acknowledged the task set before him by Evalin. He had time to find the girl, and instead of asking for her whereabouts, Gendler simply turned to take his leave from his new master. He needed to digest all of this by himself, and asking for help wouldn't look very promising. Besides, Gwins description stood out and there where sure to be people who have noticed one with such outlandish features. The undead made his way back to the populated streets and began walking in a random direction, making his way past half a dozen citizens before pulling out his map to decide where to start looking.

Winter 61, 514 AV

The sky had already fallen as Gendler approached the Blue Gem. Though the moons light was shielded from view by heavy clouds giving the streets a darker tone. The undead had visited a number of residences in search for Gwin, starting at the Northwind Suites, then the Pearl House before being pointed in this direction. He did his best to give sincere vibes as he inquired towards the people he met, but friendly conversation wasn't in his social skill set and he came off blunt and direct, giving them reason for suspicion. But alas he was here and there wasn't much time left to find this musician and his own patience was growing thin from this little hunt.

Gendlers footsteps where heavy and loud as he entered the lobby of the Blue Gem. The ceiling seemed to be made of water at first glance, somehow defying the laws of gravity as the heavy blue hung above the young undead, threatening to come crashing down as punishment for his unnatural existence. Gendlers attention was grabbed as a soft voice carried above the chatter of the others sitting in friendly company. "Welcome to the Blue Gem!"

The undead looked across the room to a graceful Konti making her way towards him. Gendler stood as motionless as a statue, aside from his cold eyes as they traced the woman's features until she was arms length away from him. "Is there anything I can help you with? Sadly, I cant help you with a room, but you can help yourself to some of the other things my fine establishment has to offer." The Konti studied Gendlers harsh features and made a sleight frown "How rude, i forgot to introduce myself. My name is Nautilus."

Gendler shrugged off the Konti's polite dialog and replied in his usual demeanor. "Im looking for a woman named Gwin." Nautilus crossed her arms and remained silent for a few ticks, seeming to debate how to react to Gendlers rather stale response. "What brings you here looking for this 'Gwin'?"

Gendler clenched his teeth in frustration, he could easily break every bone in this tiny woman's body and make her spell Gwins location with the blood from her severed tongue if he wanted to. And every ounce of his being begged him to do so. Enough games, enough pointless chatter and social pleasantries. He didn't come to Riverfall to explain his business to everyone, especially a weak girl whose heart pulsed with mortal blood. The undead shivered as his unnatural urge to beat the woman into submission fought for control. Gendlers hand trembled as he forced it away from the sword at his hip, it begged him to cut her down, each slice in rhythmic motion to match the slowing of her heart beat. "Business." Gendler slowly hissed "I have a message the girl needs to hear."

The Konti took a step back, her eyes fixed on Gendler, clearly seeing something was amiss with him "I think you should leave." she replied with an uneasy tone "and I think you should consider yourself unwelcome here in the future" Gendlers eyes rolled back as his control began to slip . "I'll be waiting out front for the musician. Tell her I'm waiting." The undeads fist was tight as he quickly made his way out of the Blue Gem. Once he was out Gendler gasped and choked on the cold air that sought to cool the flame in his chest, his hand blindly caught his weight on the rock of the cliff as he stumbled away from the entrance to the establishment, time slipped from his attention, his exit a blur that could barely be remembered. The undead took in a useless breath of air that was more reflex then need as his senses began to clear. Eventually the girl would come out to eat have some other mortal need that would cause her to cross paths with Nautilus. She hopefully tell her of this message, and with a little luck she would understand and come out to meet him. Until then, he would wait here. Gendler leaned his back against the rough rock and began to collect himself. The day had just ended, and the night very young.

OOCI do apologize if my post is everywhere and kind of hazy. I found it a little more difficult to respond to both posts at the same time then I originally expected.. Its not my best post, but hopefully its enough to respond to. If you'd like me to go back and change anything, do let me know.

Ah, Gwin. I left Nautilus in your hands to tell (or not) Gwin about Gendlers arrival, and that hes outside. Or find out by leaving at some point for some fresh air, its up to you :)
Gendler
Wraith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Returning (Gendler)

Postby Gwin on February 26th, 2015, 5:40 pm

There she was again, at the table, staring into space. In fact the patrons seemed to have gotten used to the Akvatari occupying that table. It was never taken whenever she entered the restaurant. Sighing, she took another sip of her tea. In fact the problem stood crystal clear in her mind, although she didn’t want to admit it. The witch had given her very little to work with, nothing but hints, bits of explanations and poetic prophecies.

Hot water rolled around in her mouth before she swallowed. As long as she wasn’t contacted by that creature and instructed of her plans, Gwin could only wait and chase a melody she hadn’t heard in its entirety yet. It was frustrating, to say the least. It reminded her of the recurring dream, the one about the perfect song. In her imagination, the witch was holding it hostage, the perfect song that’d spread over all of Mizahar in a heartbeat.

That included her other concern. The Akvatari didn’t like depending on another person to chase her dream. Although she’d only offered her help in a desperate attempt to survive under that terrible gaze, Evalin doubtlessly held something valuable to a minstrel like Gwin. Now Gwin seemed to be stuck between personal freedom and a once in a lifetime chance.

After some time, she shook her head. It didn’t matter anyway as she’d already promised her service to the witch. Just when she lifted a heavy head out of her cup, there was a commotion near the entrance. White flashed. Squinting, Gwin thought to recognize Miss Nauti. Then whoever it was retreated. The waiter she’d consulted returned to work, confused.

The incident had shaken Gwin out of her reverie, so she rose with a beat of turquoise glass patterned wings. A tick later, she was passing by the reception on the way to her room when someone called her name. “Miss Gwin!” Pausing, she turned, the steady beat of her wings stirring blond locks. “Aye?” This time it was Miss Nauti waving her closer and telling her of the dubious visitor. “I don’t know how such a creature knows your name, but he seems to be waiting outside. If you don’t wish to meet him, I’ll ask a friend to get rid of him.”

Gwin sighed. Given the description, there was no doubt as to the identity of the messenger. “No, I’ll meet him. Thank you for telling me, Miss Nauti, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience.” She bowed a little. The Konti nodded, although the hard look didn’t leave her eyes. “I hope he won’t come here again.” Gwin assured her he wouldn’t before stepping outside. After the dry smells of parchment, ink and wood, the salty air hit her hard. Stretching, the Akvatari took a moment to inhale deeply.

The last light of the waning day was reflected on the gentle waves and the beginning night rest in the subtle lapping of the tide at stone walls. Gwin spotted the creature in question immediately. Although he was wearing a dark cloak, he radiated a certain sinister aura. It reminded her of the witch, although he seemed little more than a barking dog compared to her monstrous horror.

Gwin approached the thing without fear. “I heard you were looking for me, so here I am. You’re her messenger, no? Has she sent for me at last?” She’d meant for the words to sound calm, instead they came out a little too eager. To her, at least, to the Nuit she’d seem mildly interested at best.
Gwin
Guerilla Minstrel

Words: 144602
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Next