Closed Burning Gaze (Kesu)

Brandon feels a fiery stare burning in his back; is it a gaze filled with blazing passion or the flames of rage?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Burning Gaze (Kesu)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on April 24th, 2015, 7:10 pm

“Would it be bead, you ask?” Brandon asked rhetorically, “Depends. You know, last time we met, the Shinya came to take a look. They were thorough with their investigation, because they'd hear someone had stabbed a child. As I was being questioned, I heard one of them state there was no fresh blood sullying my aura. Whatever that might mean.” The bat frowned for a bit. “They could tell my emotions, they even knew what blade I'd used to kill a man with.” He paused for a bit. “If she's found dead here, there'll be an investigation for sure, and well, unless you're confident you can hide the 'blood sullying your aura', you may kill her.”

A crazy woman like this probably would kill someone over a bad apple or something, it seemed, so taking her life would be justified, but... well, it would be a drag to hide the body, erase all tracks and stay away from the Shinya for a long while. No, that was not a good idea. He wouldn't do it, but if the redhead had the guts and the confidence... “With things being as they are, I'm sure the Shinya will take care of her. She'd obviously insane, and technically she did use magic in the streets, which is unlawful. You could go report her, if you want.”

Brandon quietly watched as the girl pulled the knife from the merchant's body and wiped it clean, seemingly intent on keeping it with her. Well, she was free to do so, he didn't particularly care if she did or did not claimed the crazy vendor's knife. When the Inarta was done though, the bat decided to search the potion vendor as well, finding her coin purse easily enough, not really minding that the redhead was still around. Her just placed it next to the owner's unconscious body, removing the potions from her vest as well -six in total- and a couple of necklaces that appeared to be some sort of amulets; inscribed with gibberish. The bat didn't really think those would work, seeing as they came from that particular merchant.

“Seems like that's everything she had with her,” he said, “the knife not included.” He frowned then, and stood back up. The coin purse ignored for the moment, he'd claim it later. “Oh, the Shinya are more than capable of dealing with the likes of her, don't worry. You haven't seen them in action yet, have you? They don't have a reputation for no reason, you know.” Brandon had figured that out the hard way, if not for a bit of luck on his part, he might have been spending his days in jail for a while now. “I don't have to practice what I preach, since I am fairly confident I am not so easy to catch, kill or find.” A smirk. “Which can't be said of you. Your hair makes you stand out more than you might realize.” Another smirk as the bat decided to both tease the girl and give her a little bit more advice. “If of course you don't want to be around the Shinya, you could try to get a job at the Red Lantern. I heard Madame Belladonna is looking for a couple redheaded … employees. It's said she's quite capable of protecting her workers herself, and I know someone who works there,” well, he knew a couple somebodies there, most in a more physical intimate way -professional of course, “who moonshines as a private guard from time to time. Should you be interested.”

It was up to the redhead to take it in consideration or not, but whatever she decided to do, it had nothing to do with him. And so they parted ways, Brandon just snatched the vendor's purse and let her lie in the snow, headed to the dead end of the alley, clambering over the wall calmly and in no real hurry, not wanting to be seen leaving that alley. This had nothing to do with him, he had never been there. No, he'd been drinking in several taverns this night, from when to when? Well, he couldn't remember, he'd had a couple drinks too much. Well, he would have soon, when he reached the Demise, that is.

credit goes to Estrellir Konrath
Last edited by Brandon Blackwing on June 21st, 2015, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Burning Gaze (Kesu)

Postby Neologism on June 21st, 2015, 1:45 am

Notes: You took it to the next level and then you kept going. Interesting read! Don't forget to edit your post in the request forum as 'Graded'. PM me if you have any concerns. :)

Brandon Blackwing
    Hunting +1
    Tracking +1
    Mountaineering +1
    Socialization +4
    Planning +4
    Trapping +1
    Stealth +1
    Subterfuge +1
    Running +2
    Acrobatics +4
    Climbing +2