Closed A Girl's Best Friend

(Matthew and Fallon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Girl's Best Friend

Postby Fallon on March 21st, 2015, 9:11 pm

Fallon for the moment took her attention to what was before her, a set of blue velvet shoes, the smallest point of a heel gracing their base and the toes coming down into a slender point. Shaped neatly, they would have left the instep bare if worn, exposing the tender flesh of the foot and leading up past the ankle into the legs. Her head gave the smallest turn, a tilt as she looked to the ribbon bow that was positioned across the toes, small but dangling just out of reach of the sole of the shoe. Small beads of glass were laced in towards the back, the faint patterns of flowers embroidered in. Lips gave a purse, gaze peering in to the silk inside as Matthew quietly voiced his thoughts on the situation. She left them to it, trying to focus her attention onto other things, to calm the feeling that had begun to settle and grow from her core. Don't let herself react, don't show the tell tale signs of discomfort, slowly but surely slip the mental wall into place and don the blank mask - the adopted expression that went with Bitzer, a cold, blank face of pure neutrality.

"I am fine Matthew, thank you. I am merely doing my job, as per Shai's request," she gave the smallest of shrugs, her mind hummed within, a deep inhale as she turned her head the other way to look at the shoes within the light. She concluded her studying of the shoe, pairing it up with one associated with formal occasions - possibly dance, she could not tell. But her imagination was capable of playing the image within her head, "Do not concern yourself too much over it, I am sure there will be something for I to carry in good time."

Her gaze however did not shift from the shoes her eyes had settled on, another deep inhale as she felt the flicker of presence of the Symestra beside her, a forced calm of the pulse that begun to beat loudly. Her lips gave the smallest parting, the spring air being tasted as she sucked it in. A slower blink, her hands came behind her, worn leathers clapping together, tensing and then resting at grasping. Feet positioned themselves firmly upon the floor, a steady stance as the woman slid herself in between.

There was no change of expression, no twitch as her gaze was forced down into watching the other talk. The mental walls that had long been left dormant begun to slide, growing and rising into place. A barrier as the whisper of a voice strung between in its cord. The orbs glazed over, cooling in expression settling in; to not react, to not feel, to cut down the senses - it was the mental mantra that was played within her head. There was a small pull away - a flinch almost - when the hand came at her, that gentle lean before she solidified her stance and allowed the faintest brush of claws upon the tender flesh that rested there.

"Then take advantage of it," she spoke her own whisper then, words ringing hollow, sapped of anything remotely warm, "For I am but a number within your game of cards, a means to an end and a tool to be used. Break me, exploit me, play with I as if I am a little toy. Nothing more that dirt upon your boot, filth beneath your sole." There was a slow blink then, a momentary pause, "Weak. Or less than. I am nothingness that has failed again, and again, and again. A denier of one's own self of being, of who they are and yet never knowing. A disappointment that has only ended up being twisted and perverse. And only bear the scars onto my failures upon myself, in a world that favours only violence and muscles." The green-blue orbs met the other's, "A prime target. So tempting it is, to have something so broken and malleable right before your eyes. All that potential just waiting to be taken. Delicious, no?" Another inhale, nostrils gave a flare as she did. Her head gave the smallest tilt to one side, another moment of pause, "Did you have something you want me to carry?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Girl's Best Friend

Postby Matthew on March 27th, 2015, 2:36 pm

His brow furrowed yet again, Fallon's simple reply causing Matthew's mind to leap into a response that was no doubt an over-reaction. Perhaps that was her ploy? He didn't even consider the thought though, merely tried to puzzle his way through what he saw as an incredibly complex social scenario. The Harlot merely stood there for a few silent ticks, blue eyes glazing over and mental process blurring away on the inside. She was doing her job as per Shai's request? What was it that Shai had requested, again? This was much too hard. He would rather be puzzling out Fallon's pleasures than reading the meaning behind her words, if there even was one. After a few more ticks, he suddenly gave a little nod as if settling upon a decision and abruptly turned, gracefully moving away into a different part of the store. Not only was it a smooth motion, but he also instinctively added the slightest of sway to his toned hips. He doubted Fallon or Shai would be too incredibly interested in the firm backside the sway drew attention to, but such subtle advertisements had become second nature by now.

After some consideration, an item was picked from the offerings and brought to the front counter. He took his time with the clerk, engaging in small talk while paying for his purchase and having it neatly folded, wrapped in brown paper, then tied in twine. He allowed Fallon and Shai a private moment, keeping a mental eye on Fallon's aura. The cylinder was actually shrinking, tightening, thickening. The oozing black liquid was no longer leaking down the outsides of the wall. It was now stuck within it, swirling dark globs of oil tainting the otherwise beautiful colors. It tasted foul on his tongue.

Shai's aura drew his attention for a moment, mental eye expanding to include the second presence in his mind. Wait, no. Not two. Three? Though briefly puzzled, he quickly moved past the oddity, focusing his thoughts to the bare basics. It was an amethyst aura, matching the color of her eyes. It was surrounded in an inky black though peeked out of it, as if attempting to hide while also showing off its natural beauty. It whispered to him, pleasing words that made him almost want to step closer. The words were playful though, purposefully enticing. He tasted intellect and slyness on the tip of his tongue, the taste oddly resembling steak. A simple appearance, with many more complex undertones once he actually sank his teeth in. He didn't go beyond that, merely processed the way the aura appeared to his five senses and then quickly moved his attentions onward.

The Harlot returned to Shai and Fallon at the very last sentence that came from the lips of the Red Wolf. Silently, he held out the flat, square brown package that he had just purchased, blue eyes holding steady if Fallon met their gaze. "Yes. Carry this, please."

He'd just take her at face value. It was much easier that way.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

A Girl's Best Friend

Postby Shai on April 11th, 2015, 6:00 pm

The hesitation, and tension in the air was Shai greatest hint but the little secret seeker couldn’t say. Something more was there and the spider would find it, eventually. Her lip curled sardonically on one side, “I never said I would take advantage of you, I said someone like me would. I have no need to move you so subtly.” She pulled back her grasp after a feather light skim of her nail against Fallon’s chin. “We are friends.”

The curiosity didn’t abate in the least, but her stance grew steadily less aggressive, “You are what you make yourself Fallon and every time you let someone else make you, the only person who suffers is you. Nightmares are bedfellows, but don’t let them leave your sheets. Scars and memories of weakness can be put aside.” Where she had been assertive before not her tone had softened, as though she offered consolation not advice.

“Looking at you is like looking in a mirror,” Her head tilted speculatively. “My body might be breakable, but my spirit is not. Never forget that.” Everything which should have hurt her only spurred her into action. She was predictable but dangerous. “Let us move on to the next store where we might find something else of interest.”

Shai twisted on dancing toes, “I will return later for a fitting.” She spoke to the clerk, her voice rolled with more accent at the slightly louder volume than when she spoke intimately. “I will desire a number of custom dresses no doubt nothing readily available would fit.”

Lifting her hood back over her head, if they intended to walk outside she needed at least he barest of coverings or risk sunburns. “I do not know the city well, do either of you know of another place we could visit?” No practice today meant the Spider had all of the daylight hours to herself. It also meant she would begin working later tonight, her true profession. The thought brought a coy smile to her cheeks. She no longer had to be a thief, she chose to be and it made all of the difference in the world.

As Matthew handed the package over, she took new stock of him with her job on her mind. He had potential as a cover, he might be able to draw attention from her exotic nature long enough for real work to get done. He had a way of attracting the eyes of the shop woman, and hers early if she was to be honest. There was value there, something which could be exploited. Still his temperament was unknown, but there was always time to discern it. Once more her gaze slid oily over the shadow beneath the racks. The Shadow was still watching, always watching. If it followed them to the next venue Shai would need to excuse herself to address it. How could the unmarked be so oblivious to the constant watchers?

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Girl's Best Friend

Postby Fallon on April 11th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Silence was Fallon's answer. For all the words that were put before her, the face of neutrality was what remained - cooled, slowed but precise movements, the controlled inhales and steady blinks as she simply stopped to listen. Though, in honesty she was no longer sure why she did. Pointless, worthless, it was merely a guise to hide the true intention, whatever was lying beneath. She pulled her jaw away as the other's own grasp recoiled back beneath the folds, hidden once more and remaining as so. The left foot gave a shifting step away, an ease back as she let the Symestra continue her words. But those whispered tones from herself continued, the walls remaining steady for the meanwhile, "Then what is a friend to you?"

"Don't look too close at the mirror,"
Fallon blinked, her gaze slowly lifting away from the orbs and instead almost hesitating. They refused to meet and instead shifted lower, eyes falling and the shoulders beginning a small hunch inwards, "Else you may start to see the flaws in your own reflection." With a small step away she turned her gaze to sit solely upon the shoes behind once more, refusing to shift for the moment, "Different lives, different experiences. That is all." Yet the mind was not. Instead it was only the whispering words of doubt and poison that once more took route within and settled solely in place.

You are broken, useless, nothing more than flesh in which to be pulled by strings. Alive physically, but long since dea- Fallon snuffed the trail of thought firmly shut when Matthew made his approach, and forced her gaze to be snatched away. With only the smallest of nods she took it carefully, smoothing out the crinkles that formed in the top and then holding it as flat as possible. It was with a single step that she brought herself away from the situation and remained silent as she watched, "Very well, I will carry."

Taking the steps towards the back, Fallon followed behind. Head turning to catch the end of the conversation, the voice coming forth, "Depends on what you wish to visit, Madame. Zeltiva has many sites, and things to partake in," Fallon tugged at her collar, letting the cooler air filter in, "Though, I have only visited the city before a few years ago - I am unfamiliar with things and if they have since changed. I am sure that perhaps Matthew would be better suited." She moved around then, her lips pursing as she took a step to the side and merely paused, "Your interests, Shai, for the day. A list of goals that you may wish to achieve?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Girl's Best Friend

Postby Matthew on April 16th, 2015, 8:45 pm

Something odd was going on, he just couldn't put a finger on exactly what it was. At some point during the visit, something about the articles of clothing that surrounded him seemed ugly. He wasn't sure why. Nothing had visibly changed. Was it perhaps a part of his recent sickness? Furrowing his brow, he studied the various dresses around him until Fallon's voice broke him out of his focus. He lifted his stare to her, not aware of how Shai had briefly studied him. Interests? A list of goals to achieve? He blinked at her and then glanced over at Shai, realizing that there was something of a silent insinuation that he would be able to offer knowledgeable advice on the different venues available to visit in the city.

"Hm. I grew up here, so I can certainly give recommendations based on what the city used to be like when I last saw it. That was several years ago, when I was studying medicine at the University. However, not much changes in Zeltiva... though there has seem to be a string of odd events lately." He pondered this for a moment and then slowly shrugged his broad shoulders, not wanting to get distracted by a random trail of thought.

"There is an establishment that sells gadgets and toys on West Street, facing a well-known Spice Shop. This was one of my favorite places to visit both as a child and a teenager, as all of the devices there always seemed both magical and intelligent to me. I've always felt that creating such feats of gadgeteering was an impressive thing indeed. This place is known as Bohrnn and GoldWoerth's. Also on West Street in the Zeltivan Glassworks, a Bath House known as the Zastoska, and a woodworking shop that specializes in figureheads and nautical items. They also offer common furniture. That shop is known as Laviku's Figurehead."

He paused, pondering for a moment, shifting through mental archives that had not been accessed in a very long time. "There are other things on West Street, but those are the ones that stood out to me." What else was there? He was having a bit of a hard time remembering. "For entertainment, I recall a haven dedicated to writers and poets. There is the Lightshow Theatre, for plays and other performances. There is a forum for educational debate." He had rarely visited any of the recreational venues himself, but the three he had just spoken of had been favorably discussed among many of his old classmates. "There are also sacred sites dedicated to Priskil and Laviku." The more and more he sifted through the collection of books his inner self had written on Zeltiva, the more and more locations popped out. There were simply too many to describe without going into a very long and detailed verbal tour of the city. "There are also plenty of locations that are suited for those interested in Zeltiva's intimate connection with the sea. Really, every Quarter of Zeltiva has some interesting feature, though many would suggest staying away from East Street."

He paused, blue eyes slowly sliding back and forth between Shai and Fallon, his tone so utterly and completely apathetic that it was hard to tell if his next words were serious or some ill-attempt at a joke. "That is where most Zeltivians will tell you that is where the unsavory types live.It is where the high-class and fancy dare not to go, or perhaps are not allowed to go by the ones who occupy it. However, I have an odd feeling that is where Fallon might feel most at... home." He stared at the woman for a moment before refocusing back on Shai, offering her a polite smile. "I am happy to guide either one of you to whatever strikes your fancy."
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

A Girl's Best Friend

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on April 24th, 2017, 1:42 am

Grade Pending Image
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A Girl's Best Friend

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on April 24th, 2017, 5:22 pm

GRADES AWARDED Image

Name:Fallon
XP Award:
  • +1 Persuasion (I don't wear dresses)
  • +1 Acting (hiding emotions, neaten self up)
  • +1 Planning (Circumnavigation)
Lore:
  • Location - Yvette's Dresses for All Occasions
  • Fashion - Dresses are impractical except for social advantage.
Notes: XP for Socialization considered but already maxed. XP for Intimidation through sarcasm considered but not written at current Master level.
I enjoyed seeing a little of Fallon's past vulnerability having not experienced her outside of her current frame of mind.

Name: Matthew
Notes: No grades awarded due to inactivity. If you would like this thread graded please update your Character Sheet and resubmit for review.

Name: Shai
Notes: No grades awarded due to inactivity. If you would like this thread graded please update your Character Sheet and resubmit for review.

Please don't forget to delete your post in the grading queue.
If you have any discussion, questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous