Closed Aura of a New Life (Aren, Nivel)

Sayana and Aren feel the first few kicks of their baby boy and Nivel offers to view his aura.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Aura of a New Life (Aren, Nivel)

Postby Sayana on June 1st, 2015, 11:45 am

Summer 9, 515 AV – The Flower Stand

The air was fresh and warm and Sayana lovingly wrapped her mid arms about her stomach as she skipped through the streets of Syliras. In tow, Sayana held Aren’s hand with one of her highs so that he might join her in the excursion. Yesterday, she had arranged with Nivel to meet up by Atta’s flower stand to plan the flower decorations for the wedding. The little pycon had expressed so much enthusiasm about being the flower girl that Sayana most definitely had to invite her to help with the selection.

“I think it’s down this way,” Sayana said with a playful smile as she skipped backwards down the street while holding both of Aren’s hands. Every so often she’d glance behind her so she wouldn’t bump into anyone, or a wall. She wore her long red skirt and the light blouse with simple cords for straps. Her stomach was beginning to show and the blouse rode up a little to expose her copper skin. Soon she’d need some new clothes to adjust for her changing figure but it was summertime and there was no rush.

As they turned with the winding street the flower stand came into sight. “Ah look! It’s beautiful. And so many in bloom.” Sayana spoke excitedly as she led the way. However, half-way there she slowed to a stop with a frown. For a moment she was worried that her morning sickness had managed to return. But there it was again. A movement, a something. Pushing outwards.

“Aren! Aren! I think I feel him!” Sayana cried out as she dashed back and at the same time beckoned him to her. She quickly grasped his hand and placed it where she had felt the movement. She stood motionless for a tick as her heart pounded with excitement and joy. And then there was another one, stronger this time. Her face was simply glowing as she looked to her lover to see his expression.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Aren on June 3rd, 2015, 1:50 am

Aren wore not his recently acquired bronze armor, but rather the leather vest he was so comfortable with. His scythe was on his back, as usual, for the simple reason that he felt more naked without it than when he actually had no clothes on. On the streets of Syliras, there was nothing so dangerous that a good wallop or some judicious use of Reimancy (if necessary) wouldn't usually resolve matters to everyone's satisfaction, but old habits were hard to break. This particular habit, however, was a good one to have, the Akalak felt. While true that Syliras was a safer place than a lot of other cities, made so by the ever present and heavy handed rule of the knighthood, one never knew when the unlikely and unexpected was just around the next corner. Unfortunately, he hadn't quite gotten as used to his new armor, and so elected to leave it behind for what should be a wholly uneventful outing.

Sayana's hands were still smooth, but Aren could feel that they had become rougher since they had first met. She was starting to get pretty lethal with those daggers of her's, which he figured was the cause. Honestly, he had some mixed feelings about that, being grateful that she was capable of defending herself on the one hand, but lamenting that the softness of her touch had to suffer, on the other. If he knew her, however, she wouldn't let that state of affairs endure for very long. Recalling his Eypharian mother as the hand of his intended pulled him forward, Aren knew the woman had done her best to look absolutely stunning every single day of her life, despite the scars.

When Sayana decided to start playing around though, the sad recollections of a bygone childhood suddenly seemed to vanish like mist in the ether. She had that power, and the Akalak genuinely smiled every time he realized how lucky he was to have her. Although nothing could stop a hundred years of memories from flooding to the surface every once in a while, she was singularly capable of dispelling them without much effort. Usually.

"You're going to trip, then you're going to take me with you, then we'll both be on the floor, and then the knights are going to arrest us for indec-" Aren cut himself off before he allowed his repressed desires to continue using his mouth as a release valve. The pregnancy had taken a toll on certain... aspects of their relationship, but the Akalak was doing his best to endure. He wasn't any happier with the situation than Sayana was, but he was afraid, and that kept him from surrendering to any carnal impulses in his head. Although not one for superstition, he refused to take any chances with the life of their child, and an Akalak birth was already difficult enough as it was.

"Yes, they are," Aren agreed, but he wasn't looking at the flowers when he said it. The truth was that even under normal circumstances he could hardly keep his eyes off the woman that would be his wife, and since she was looking particularly radiant lately, his willpower was being taxed in the extreme.

Before he could give the matter much more thought, something he was doing quite a bit lately, Sayana cried out with excitement. "W-what? Really?!" The Akalak's own excitement was just as palpable even before the Eypharian took his hand and placed it over her belly. When he felt the force emanating from it, however, Aren suddenly felt his knees weaken.

"Another two headed tragedy will soon come into the world. How do you feel about that? The darker Other's words may have sounded apathetic, but despite his best efforts he couldn't hide the affection he was already starting to feel for his unborn nephew. This surge of added emotion served to overwhelm the beleaguered Aren, however, prompting one of the giant's legs to give way under him.

Hardly feeling the impact of his knee against the ground, the side of the Akalak's head came to rest on Sayana's belly, while his arms wrapped themselves around her waist. "You wont make the same mistake I did, I promise, because your uncle Seros will always be there to help you understand your brother." The expecting father's eyes swelled with the hopes and wishes and joyful future that he couldn't help but imagine for his child.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on June 18th, 2015, 6:34 am

Nivel ran down the dimly lit hall ways as fast as she could, pushing herself to get run faster and faster. The pycons dearest friend and mount had left her and she didn’t want to let those feelings catch up with her. She had obtained one of her major life goals that had driven her up to this point but it still felt like a hollow victory. All the pycon could think to do was train harder than she had before, pushing her limits was the only thing that seemed to keep the negativity from slithering into her nexus.

She encountered stairs and quickly did a series of back flips down each step, missing the landing on the last one and tumbling along the cold brick floor. She got up quickly fearing she would start leaking fluids like the talk folk do when they are upset or in pain. She wouldn’t allow that, The knight hood wasn’t a place for tears.

Pulling herself onto a small stone ledge with her newly formed prehensile braids, she jumped off just as a kart strolled by underneath. A few sacks of produce broke her fall but with more of a recoil than she was expecting. She jumped off the cart as it passed through a large archway out into the light, landing in a tumble. She was now in a more populated area and needed to seek high ground to escape the sea of stomping boots.

Nivel maneuvered herself off the dangerous streets and stayed to the side of the road jumping over small obstacles as they got in the way of her run. The tiny mage suddenly felt the familiar spark of two familiar auras in her vicinity. She climbed the window sill of a nearby store like a spider ready to create its web in order to get a better vantage point. She spotted the towering blue mage right away as he stood like a beacon amongst the much shorter crowd, the pycon assumed the dancer wasn’t far off.

Nivel almost decided to ignore them and continue to run from her unpleasant feelings, but couldn’t help seeing what the couple was up to even if her instincts told her to stay away from people at the moment. Seeing friendly faces was likely the best remedy for what ailed they pycon even if it didn’t seem like it at the moment.

The pycon slipped under the door of the flower shop just as Sayana started calling out to aren. Following their excited voices Nivel found them in the midst of a very personal moment of parentage.
“What’s going on?” Nivel blurted out, Part of her was worried she was intruding but a much stronger part of her was painfully curious.
“Your child is moving inside of you?” She tilted her head to the side as she pondered the strange concept. “Would I have permission to read it’s aura…after I catch my breath”

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on June 23rd, 2015, 10:24 pm

Sayana was beaming as Aren’s hand came to her belly and she saw his expression with the triumphant kick inside her. He soon fell to his knee and moved his head to her stomach and she cradled his head gently with her high hands.

“He’ll be strong and a warrior like his father. And cunning like his mother.” Sayana said and gave a laugh at her last words. She gently stroked Aren’s hair when suddenly a deep voice spoke excitedly from below.

“Oh Nivel! I’m so glad you’ve come. I can’t start picking out flowers without my lovely little flower girl.” Sayana exclaimed upon seeing the little pycon. “And yes, Serend, I think that’s what we’ll be calling him, I can feel him moving inside me.” Sayana confirmed to Nivel’s question. However she didn’t expect what Nivel said next.

“His aura? You’d be able to read his aura even inside me?” The surprise and joy on Sayana’s face could hardly be topped, unless it was by the baby boy’s father himself. “His aura… is that like what you did back in the Labyrinth?” Even just mentioning the place gave her the shivers. But her smile was soon back as she bent down to lend a hand to the pycon squire and bring her close to her stomach. “Here. In case you need to be closer.”

After a moment or two, Sayana looked curiously at the pycon and tentatively asked, “So Nivel, Aren once told me that anyone can do magic. How is it that you do…” She waved a hand trying to come up with the right words. “How do you read auras?”

Most magic she had come across seemed godly and unthinkable. She found it hard to imagine just a common person doing it. And yet, Aren had surprised her with his reimancy, yet still it was something she was cautious about. But to see the aura of a newborn child? She could hardly imagine anything more beautiful.

“And, and how does it work?” She asked again, feeling more and more curious.

OOCI hope you don't mind that I assumed Nivel would likely share the fact that she can do auristics in the Labyrinth thread. Also, by no means am I hoping for an auristics lesson, just enough lores to perk Sayana's interest.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on September 7th, 2015, 8:05 am

“Oh I would love to pick out flowers with you!” Nivel replied gleefully at the offer with eager little bunny hops. “I’m really honoured you picked me to be your flower girl, I’ll do my very best!” The pycon made a firm salute in Sayana’s direction, showing the bride to be her determination to being an up standing flower girl.

“But yes I can read his aura, I’m not the most stilled at Autistics but I can probably find out simple things like how healthy he is and maybe what he looks like. If you didn’t already know Serend was a boy I could probably find that out too.” She briefly explained before adding “I like your choice in name. It’s much better than what I suggested, I hope he picks it. I chose my own name, my parents suggested some pretty nice names but I just thought Nivel suited me more.” The pycon did think it was odd that Sayana and Aren were so sure their child would accept the name they picked out for their unborn child, Pycons usually come up with their own names.

Nivel was lifted up closer to her subject by one of Sayan’s many arms, it wasn’t necessary but Nivel didn’t object. The pycon opened her mind to the aura’s around her and everything around her became full of life and bright colours. Her focus intensified onto Sayana’s developing child and she was soon flooded with information. Most of the information was Sayana’s at first, She tried not to pry to much into that information but Nivel couldn’t help learning a bit about her physiology. While it seemed the dancer’s only sticking difference from other tall folk was her extra arms, her aura was very different than the other tall folk she had investigated. It wasn’t too noticeable in appearance it just felt like a she was reading a different language. A language that seemed more refined and complex, when she finally got to what she was sure was the child the language became even more foreign. The outline of Serend was so alien to the pycon, it looked nothing like what she imagined. the child looked to Nivel like a blob or some kind of plant with all the reddish roots visible through it’s slightly translucent skin. She focused on the health of the child and soon enough the information made it’s presence known. The child's biology didn’t make any sense to Nivel but she just knew the child was healthy, but didn’t really know how. There was one more thing she wanted to know from this interaction and it was what colour Serend’s skin would be. The information shouted blue back at her almost right away but there was some back ground noise that said purple and and an even quieter voice that said green. She carefully disconnected her mind from the aura and from her second sight.

“Serend looks very odd at the moment but he’s healthy, he will most likely be blue like his father but there is a slight possibility he’ll turn purple and and maybe even green.” Nivel shared what she uncovered, but wished she could have uncovered more.

“Aren is correct, magic can be difficult but it doesn’t take someone special to do it. Every discipline of magic is different so theres no one way to do it. Autistics and the Reimancy magic that you’ve seen Aren do is called personal magic and can be done by using your Djed which is essentially the information that makes you what you are. I’ve undergone training growing up that opened my mind to seeing what things are really made of. Once you truly see you just read that information like pages from a book, it’s actually quite simple.” Nivel explained her practice nonchalantly. Nivel didn’t understand most things but magic was one of the few things that came naturally to her.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on September 15th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Sayana couldn’t help but feel a bit of awe and wonder as the little pycon seemed to focus in on something. Even though Nivel didn’t always give distinct expressions on her face, it was clear from the stillness of her body language that she was concentrating. The Eypharian waited a couple moments wondering what the pycon might discover. What could an aura hold and reveal? She was almost a little anxious as she thought more about it but then she turned and looked at Aren’s smiling face and she relaxed considerably. There was no reason anything could be wrong and she held her fiance’s hand fondly.

At Nivel’s news Sayana beamed. “Wonderful! Healthy and blue like Aren. I hadn’t even considered that he might be green or purple. But if he is, I’ll love him just as dearly.”

Sayana listened as Nivel broke down some of the major concepts of magic in such a matter of fact manner. Djed. That was a funny word. And it apparently was some sort of information that was in everything. Yet when the pycon mentioned it was like reading a book, Sayana tensed up at the thought suddenly feeling uncomfortable about it all.

“If you’re good at reading a book then it might not be so hard,” she stated. Her tone expressed some of her doubts though she worded it to avoid directly mentioning her dislike for reading. Still, it seemed like a fascinating idea and she was pleased that her baby was healthy. Another kick startled her, the sensation still rather foreign but soon she was smiling once more. “Our little Serend,” she murmured softly and put a hand gently to her stomach.

“But flowers! We mustn’t lose track.” She exclaimed excitedly and brought attention back to the matter at hand. There was still much to figure out for the wedding and despite the beautiful interlude of her baby’s first movements, she couldn’t lose focus. “I’m thinking red, blue, and white to match my rings and my dress and of course the groom himself.” She nodded to Aren at her last comment.

“Do flowers have auras? I bet they are bright and cheerful, though some might be subtle and alluring.” She laughed at the thought and wondered if her dress could have an aura. Or what her own aura might be like. Maybe that’s what fortune tellers used. Yet despite the curious idea of auras she was still bent on getting the finest selection of flowers and would happily use Nivel’s help and insights to do so.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on September 25th, 2015, 9:05 pm

“Well I guess more like a book with pictures in it or a song” Nivel corrected herself after seeing that Sayana was thrilled with her first metaphor . “You feel sensations and see strange things and the more you focus on them the more you understand them.” The pycon didn’t feel like she was really doing the practice justice but she found it very hard to find the right words to describe the odd practice. If Sayana was really as interested as she seemed she would just have to learn how it truly was by experiencing it in person.

Serend just kicked Sayana again, He wasn’t born yet but it didn’t take Autistics to tell he would grow to a feisty little blue man. Nivel was still baffled with the fact that there was a tiny blue person kicking from inside her friend, but it was just something abnormal about the Tall Folk that Nivel would have to accept.
“Look’s like your child will grow up to be a fierce dancer like his mother” Nivel said sweetly, not realizing that he would most likely be pressured to take after his father like most Akalaks.

“Oh those are excellent colours!” Nivel replied happily, even if they weren’t really the pycons favourite colours they worked well together and reflected Sayana’s style. “Those flowers will work wonderfully at your wedding.”

After Nivel gave her endorsement of the flowers Sayana asked yet another question about magic. “Everything has an Aura, some are just more potent then others. Flowers Auras aren’t as lively as say the Aura of a Tall Folk but they are still more lively than a rock. Unless that rock was affected by magic In that case it should be pretty vibrant.” Nivel elaborated.

Sayana’s question made Nivel a bit curious herself just how the aura’s of flowers looked. She focused her sight on the presence of auras again and gazed upon the flowers that Sayana had shown her. The blue flower radiated a gentle swirling aura that was almost hypnotic in its slow twisting movements. The White flower was covered in a sparkling halo and the lastly the red one seemed to be a mixture of the other two auras. Nivel described her findings to her friend in a much detail as she could muster. Nivel spent a bit more time with the bride and groom to be before she excused herself to continue her much needed training.

It was a nice temporary escape from the pycon’s problems and she mentally thanked her friend from the much needed relief.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Plume on December 7th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Sayana
Land Navigation +1 XP
Rhetoric +3 XP
Interrogation +2 XP
Intelligence +2 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Planning +1 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Lores :
  • My Baby's Triumphant Kick!
  • Picking Wedding Flowers with Nivel
  • Nivel: Can Read Auras
  • Serend: Odd, Healthy, and Most Likely Blue
  • Djed and the Basics of Magic

Nivel
Observation +3 XP
Acrobatics +1 XP
Auristics +3 XP
Interrogation +1 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Intelligence +1 XP
Teaching +2 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Lores :
  • Serend: Sayan and Aren's Baby
  • Picking Wedding Flowers with Sayana
  • Humans Pick their Child's Name
  • Auristics: Like Picture Books and Songs
  • Teaching Sayana the Basics of Auristics

Aren
Note :
your ledger PM me and I will award your grade ASAP :)

Notes :
You know you're grading graders when so much gets done in less than a page :D Well done, a lot of thought provoking questions and interesting perspectives on Auristics. Much enjoyed!
Plume
May I tickle your fancy?

Words: 139803
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook