Solo Girls in White Dresses with Red Satin Sashes

Sayana tries on her wedding dress and buys a couple other needed clothes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Girls in White Dresses with Red Satin Sashes

Postby Sayana on June 7th, 2015, 1:15 am

Summer 22, 515 AV – An Elegant Weave

“Now just turn a little be this way and I’ll tuck this in and straighten this out…” Navia spoke softly. Sayana patiently waited as the seamstress helped her with the wedding dress. It had looked absolutely stunning when she first saw the red and white dress and she was doubly pleased that it was strapless so her arms wouldn’t get tangled in a mess of sleeves. The dancer could help but twist this way and that as she admired the flowing fabric. “Stand still or it’ll take me all day.” Came the seamstress’s sharp reply. Patiently Sayana waited another few chimes before Navia finally stepped away.

“Beautiful. Now let me get a mirror for you.” When the seamstress came back with a full lengthed mirror, Sayana was stunned. She had known that Navia had done a good job but she was mesmerized with how it all turned out. “What do you think?” The shopkeeper asked hopefully. “Incredible… worth every miza and more.”

Sayana spun about in the new dance shoes she now wore and beamed at the way the dress twirled with her. The dress was brilliantly crafted to accommodate her somewhat larger stomach and she was quite sure it would still fit by midsummer. “And you worked on some of the other clothing I requested?” The Eypharian asked. “Yes, we had several garments made and should you not like one, it can be used as a ready made product for a future customer.” Navia explained simply and gestured to a rack of clothes.

Sayana was already excitedly lifting up her dress just an inch off the ground to easily hurry forwards to the new clothes, however a chime from the door caught her attention. “Excuse me Miss, you’ll be fine to browse on your own?” Navia asked as she swiftly went to greet the customer. Sayana gave a nod and turned her attention back to the rack of clothes.

Receipt for Thread :
Wedding dress: 8 sm * (20 satin + 5 embroidered + 4 lace-trim + 1.5 dyed)
= 8 sm * (30.5)
= 24.4 gm

Black dress: 8 sm * (20 satin + 1.5 dyed) = 17.2 gm

Red dance shoes: 10 gm * 1.5 (dyed) = 15 gm

Red maternity dress: 8 sm * (1.25 cotton + 1.5 dyed) = 2.2 gm

Total: 58.8 gm
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Sayana on August 28th, 2015, 10:58 pm

There were a couple of red dresses and a black dress on the rack. These were clearly for her since those were the colours she requested. The black one looked heavenly. Sayana fingered the soft satin material and admired the way it fell. She might not be able to use it until she had her baby, but it was certainly worth it. Plus there was plenty of space for her arms.

The Eypharian moved over to the other dresses, both red. One was rather revealing and the other was a simpler design made from cotton. The cotton one also looked like it would easily accommodate any sized stomach. Or almost any. Sayana ran her fingers over the folds of the dress but was loathe to actually take off the well fitted wedding dress she currently wore.

Her eyes curiously wandered over to the other side of the rack where there were some very elegant garments in blue and white. Navia returned at that point. Apparently the visitor had come to the wrong shop. “Would you like to try out any of the dresses Mistress Sayana?” She asked politely.

“Oh, yes yes. Could I try the red one for pregnant mothers?” As Sayana stood a little disheartened at having to take off the beautiful dress so soon, the shop keeper helped her with the various laces and fasteners. “Navia, who might those other garments be for?” Sayana asked curiously.

“Those? For the lady Kaylana herself.” Navia replied with obvious pride. “I got a commission at the start of the season and she should be coming in today or tomorrow to try them on.” “Who is she? If you don’t mind me asking.” Sayana said as she quickly amended her tone. “Kaylana is the konti advisor of Syliras. She advises Loren Dyres himself. And some even say they are lovers.”

Well that was certainly curious. Konti were rare and highly prized in Ahnatep as slaves. They seemed to have mystical powers of foresight but it was hard for Sayana to believe such things. But then, she’d never actually spoken to one. And then Loren Dyres. She knew he was an important enough man to have a whole district named after him. It was curious that a simple seamstress might know some important people of Syliras.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on August 28th, 2015, 11:02 pm

As Navia helped her into the red maternity dress, Sayana took the liberty to pry further. “So Kaylana, what’s she like?” “Well, you know how konti are. Long-lived, beautiful, and they seem to know things. Many people think she was one of the most important people to help when the Djed Storm of 512 struck.” There was a rather mystical quality to Navia’s description. “And her measurements are…” The seamstress rattled off some quick numbers in a matter of fact tone and gave a grin. Sayana couldn’t help but chuckle a little. Despite being a highly regarded person in the city, the konti still needed clothes which Navia was happy to provide.

The red dress fit surprisingly well. There was extra material around the stomach area but it seemed to flow elegantly off of her and didn’t seem out of place. It also seemed like the material might stretch just a little if need be. “This is brilliant,” Sayana said happily. “And I’ll take the black one too. But I don’t think it would be advisable to try on.”

Navia smiled in response and began tallying up the cost. “So how did you two meet?” The shop keeper asked. “Oh at the Herald’s Arms,” Sayana replied without hesitation. “He was performing, you see. But he was terrified about being on stage. I helped him out. And then afterwards we got talking and well, you know where it goes from there. We had our ups and downs but I love him dearly.”

She was surprised at how easy it was to talk to Navia. She wasn’t sure if it was intentional or not, but the seamstress seemed to have a way about her. Perhaps it was the apparent innocence that made it so easy to confide in her. “That’ll be fifty-eight gold and eight silvers,” Navia stated.

Sayana didn’t bother haggling since the clothing was of such good quality. While it was expensive, it was certainly worth it. She handed the seamstress the coins and thanked her for the clothes. “Do you need a hand taking them back?” Navia asked politely. “I should be fine. I’ve got several to spare.” Sayana replied simply and gave a wave of her arms before leaving the shop.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Devi on November 3rd, 2015, 12:02 am

Your Grades have arrived!

Sayana

Skills:
  • Intelligence: 1
  • Interrogation: 1
  • Storytelling: 1
Comments: Simple but fun - it's a shame you didn't get to share the experience with another PC. Wedding dress shopping is always fun!

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Don't forget to edit your post in the Grade Request Thread to say it's graded and leave a link in there for the Storytellers.

Happy Writing!

Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes