What is the protocall for creating alts?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Zephari on June 14th, 2015, 3:26 am

I am enjoying mizahar thoroughly, and am considering making a second character, but don't know the process of that. I know there is something about linked accounts and such, but don't know where to find that information.

If anyone could clarify or point me towards that info, I would be very grateful.
Zephari
The Collector

Words: 107646
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2015, 7:27 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Fable on June 14th, 2015, 4:49 am

Just make a new account and write up another PC! (To a max of 5) you can link them in your user control panel.
Fable
A yarn is spun from many strings.

Words: 267393
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Vizayas on June 14th, 2015, 4:51 am

An alt cannot be in the same city as another one of your PC's without permission from your ST. They cannot thread together, or benefit from one another in any way.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on June 14th, 2015, 4:55 am

All the info you need about that is in the lore already.

http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Alt_PC
http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Multiple_Characters

The 'linked accounts' tool is just a quick way to switch between PCs without having to logout and login every single time. Very handy if you have multiple accounts on the board.

Having multiple characters is challenging and not something to take on lightly (I know, having failed with many before). Be sure your character concept is something you really want to do and not something you are making on a whim, 'because it will be cool' or some other reason like that.

Beyond that, enjoy your time on Mizahar!
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)