Closed Give Me An Inch

(Caelum) And then be given a mile?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Give Me An Inch

Postby Artur on June 17th, 2015, 1:52 am

Give Me An Inch
Summer 14th 515 AV, 16th Bell

Artur's arrival had led up to the separation of his travel companion, more or less the caravan peddler that guided him to this place in the beginning. Riverfall proved to be a much bigger and much more complicated place to grasp in mental aspects, its setup revolved around the basic idea of a... what was it? A tier? Yeah that was it, a tier of some sort. The peddler laughed at that earlier when Artur tried to understand it, no doubt amused with the Kelvic before they split up. Their laws are agreeable enough sure, but I don't get why I have to look for this... He had to think back on the name, something like the elements or ale mints. Personally he just wanted to find a place to crash and get some shut eye, he wanted to sleep for a year and never have to wake up again.

Then again he was happy to be away from Ravok, mostly because he didn't have to worry about slavers or the Kelvic Research Facility. Just the thought of the place brought sadness though, as he longed to be back once more. How that worked was beyond his ability to grasp right now, all he wanted was just a place he could name "bed" and sleep on it for now. So this ale mints place is... He looked at the map he was given, the drawn out location pointed out by the peddler found under Artur's finger as he stopped. He remembered where it was on the map, but how the petch was he suppose to navigate his way to said establishment? Petch my luck. He scratched through the curly brown locks on his head furiously, a bite over his lower lip followed as he looked around at the locals. "Hey lady," He called to a passing woman with darker hair, "D' you know where I can find a place called "ale mints" by chance?"

Her paled green eyes widened before she fell into a fit of laughter, an entertained grin on her face. "There's a way to pronounce it now! You're lookin' for the Alements then?" She looked further down into another part of the city, a finger pointed for his line of sight to follow in direction. "That building there. Can't miss it when you take a few left turns further down the road."

"Thanks be to you lady!" He attempted to cheer with a wry smile, though in truth he hid frustration underneath the face. If there was anything that annoyed him it was the fact he had to do more walking, more than he deemed to be necessary anyways. Still he made it this far and a little more legwork wouldn't induce any harm, though he would surely work up an appetite once he arrived. Quick to be on his way he set the pace at a mid-fast step, the scrolls he'd been given earlier rolled up as he followed the directions he'd been given. Shortly after several chimes passed and his feet took him forward, he found the establishment he'd been looking for just as he was instructed to do. When he finally came to see that the unlit lanterns decorated the patio, he found himself curious as to what sort of establishment this place actually was. The ale mints. Is this the actual place? Odd. His nose kicked in as he drew in the smell in one long sniff, the air seemed more salty here now that he was closer to the sea than before.

Wonder if she's who I'm suppose to meet. He noticed a younger woman with vividly dark hair on the patio, her attention diverted to Artur when he approached her. "Hi." He smiled almost bashfully as he suddenly felt nervous, hopeful that she wasn't bothered by him all of a sudden. "I'm here looking for someone? The uh, owner of this place. Ale mints right?" His inquiry came off rather sheepishly then.
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Give Me An Inch

Postby Caelum on July 7th, 2015, 11:05 pm

Strangers were not unusual at Alements. Riverfall boasted of a significant port where all manner of saltwater egress was funneled and ultimately fueled. Caelum had specifically sought real estate on the third tier of the cliff side city so as to be at sea level with Plunge Pool Bay and host a large dock that connected directly to his patio. Engaged in a tumultuous relationship with the sea since his violent rebirth into it over a decade previous, the somewhat paranoid proprietor chose to remain in close quarters with the water if for no other reason than to keep an eye on it.

That, at least, is what Elise would claim.

Sailors, merchants, and storm tossed travelers often made their way to his tavern. They came in search of everything from a cool drink to a hot meal, a cure for their head cold or an autopsy for a fair weather friend. It was not these patrons who were the most interesting, but instead were those who came in search of Caelum specifically. The variety of personalities and intents that came calling on the doctor would have surprised most, and if anyone knew the names of all his visitors their eyebrows would rise. Elise's own eyebrows had failed to do so in some while, though they might with occasional derision at the unwary brute who tried to take advantage of her boss's good intentions.

Today Caelum's company was met with a blink of indigo eyes and a reserved smile. "That would be Caelum," Elise replied after nodding Artur a polite hello. She finished setting out a small pot of colorful geranium, one for the center of each patio table, and straightened to tuck her tray under her arm. "Why are you looking for him?"

Elise was not typically known for screening her boss's visitors, but the events of spring's conclusion had set her on edge even as it sunk Caelum into shadow. Her smile lingered, perfectly friendly, but there were walls higher than the waterfalls tumbling from the edge of the plains and into the bay surrounding them. Such walls had always been a part of Elise, but they had not shown so much in some time. They showed now.

"Caelum is here," she eventually acknowledged. "You aren't sick, are you? You don't look sick."
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)