Flashback Memories of Days Gone By (Graded)

Tag: Amunet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Memories of Days Gone By

Postby Kaizer Dragos on July 31st, 2015, 2:18 am

The situation for Kaizer was a lot better than before now that his wounds here tended, the man was covered with a blanket, and full of tea that was relaxing. A small yawn escaped his mouth which was covered by a hand and he listened to what was said. Amunet talked about her skills and where they were learned. In an area like this Kaizer imagined that most knowledge was passed down through family lines as there didn't seem to be any centers of formal education among the nomad tribes. When Amunet mentioned her mother it was obvious to see it wasn't a happy subject.

Paying attention he listened to what she had to say and noticed how mother was referred to in the past tense. It was fairly obvious from the choice of words and visible sadness that Amunet's mother was no longer among the living. It was also a fair assumption that the death may have been recent from how much it seemed to hurt talking about. For that reason Kaizer didn't press the matter. Instead he smiled a little when Amunet asked about being comfortable.

“I am still breathing, my wounds have been well tended, and I am covered by a blanket. Under the circumstances, yes, I am comfortable,” Kaizer said. As the wounds were checked he watched Amunet with considerable interest. The young woman was quite beautiful even without make-up so for a time he let her inspect everything that need to be. Trying to think of something to say wasn't easy because Kaizer had to think carefully so that his words made sense. He didn't think Amunet was stupid by any means, however there was a mild language barrier present. When she asked about Lhavit he smiled. The last distance reference didn't seen to make any sense so Kaizer thought of anther way to say it.

“Yes, Lhavit is one of he loveliest cities I've ever seen, but it's also very far away. It's taken me almost a year of travel just to get here,” Kaizer said. Amunet worked with the bandages some more and he decided to ask a few questions as well, just out of curiosity. “So tell me Amunet, why are you out here? This doesn't seem like a very safe place for a young woman.” As he thought about that another question came to mind as well.

“Know that I think about it, this place doesn't show many signs of local habitation, are you far from home as well?” Kaizer said.
Kaizer Dragos
Man of Knowledge and Education

Words: 68029
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2015, 6:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Memories of Days Gone By

Postby Amunet on July 31st, 2015, 2:39 am

There was that voice again. Kaizer’s baritone voice had a soothing quality and It became smoother the more he relaxed. It was easy to listen to. There was no small glint of fire in her caring eyes. He spoke with pride about his home which made it all the more puzzling that he would travel so far from it and so long. Her eyebrows went to their hairline, indicating understanding of the distance now. “That is very far. What would drive one from home for so long?” The question is an innocent one as her brow furrowed.

The man then asked why she was out here. There was a half-smile that accompanied the explanation. “There is a Drykas camp a day’s ride from here. Woman there birthed twins. I help healers. “ Hopefully that sufficed as she wasn’t sure how her common was doing. The man seemed to understand her.

The man then asked if she was far from home. “Home is Endrykas. It is one or two days ride. You need to go there. Healers need to see injuries.” The girl indicated to his thigh especially. “My skill is small. Their skill is great. “ The girl held the healers of Endrykas in high regard. “I hope to learn from them one day.” She sipped her own tea and watched for signs of fever from the man.

The fire was a nice focal point to let your mind drift. Instead her eyes drifted to the strange man who was slowly becoming less a stranger. Even in the subdued light of the tent, her sky blue eyes reflected the fire. A finger raked a stray hair over her ear. There was one braid that had an opal white strand within the braid in stark contrast to the red hair. There were highlights where the sun graced her hair over many summers in various shades lending a mane of fire upon her crown.

“You speak as if you learn. “ it was not necessarily a question but an observation that he sounded educated. “what are some of these things you learn?” The curiosity this girl possessed was a strong characteristic. It often got her into trouble.
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Memories of Days Gone By

Postby Kaizer Dragos on August 3rd, 2015, 11:52 pm

The answer to one of the questions wasn't something Kaizer was eager to talk about, though in a way he knew it would help. Even letting the words out would release some of the pain he felt over the passing of his father. While it wasn't as painful to think about now as it had been almost a year ago, there was still a sting to the man's voice whenever he mentioned it. “The reason I've traveled so far from home was a need to escape. The first days of spring had barely graced home when my father died. With my mother having passed only four years before that there were too many memories. I needed to get away,” Kaizer said.

He listened to Amunet talk about her home and skill, wanting to learn more about the girl. It was interesting for Kaizer to learn about her. Even if it was just small details, little things here and there, it was still a curiosity to him. He also listened to Amunet speak of her skills being little and held up a finger waving it slightly. “I wouldn't be so quick to discount your skills my young healer, I for one am still alive and quite grateful for them. This is no small task that you have accomplished.”

While looking into the fire Kaizer ran a hand through the side of his hair again without even thinking about it. The peppering of gray that was starting to appear wasn't something the man liked at all. He glanced over at Amunet noticing a small stand of snow white hair in one braid. It would seem that neither of them were strangers to extreme stress. Flicking a hand slightly he made a gesture as if to say 'What are you gonna do?' in reference to both their hair that seemed to show age beyond the head it was attached to.

“I speak as if I learn? Indeed young lady, I am in fact a teacher by profession. While I consider myself a pupil of all knowledge, what I know best are writing and mathematics,” Kaizer said. Reaching for his backpack that was close by Kaizer felt around inside for a moment then produced a small book with a brown leather cover that protected the one-hundred pages between it. He motioned Amunet over and showed her the common alphabet what was written out in two rows of thirteen, one on top of the other.

“As I'm sure you know, this is the common alphabet,” Kaizer said. Reaching down he wrote his own name in the dirt, then wrote Amunet's name as well, sounding it out for a moment.
“Kaizer and Amunet, in common.”
Last edited by Kaizer Dragos on August 7th, 2015, 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaizer Dragos
Man of Knowledge and Education

Words: 68029
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2015, 6:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Memories of Days Gone By

Postby Amunet on August 7th, 2015, 1:04 am

That braid of hair that had the white ribbon in it. She caught him looking at it and did the habit of running his hand through his hair more than once. Maybe it was just a thing he did. His words of his father and mother saddened her. The girl lifted the braid so he could see more closely that it wasn’t her hair that was white but the pearlescent material of the ribbon that was braided with that part of her hair. “This was mothers. She taught me herb and medicine. Basic things. I hope to learn from Healers one day.”

Amunet didn’t know why she spoke of these things as she turned to settle herself more back as she looked at the fire with a distant look in her eye. “Mother was having baby. Midwife there. I help midwife. I was twelve. Something wrong. “ The girl stopped there as she swallowed hard. It did not stop the tear that hung at the apex of her cheek like a glistening crystal treasure. “Mother died. I take care of little brother.” She sighed as she grabbed her cup and drank deeply as if that would hold back the well of emotion that followed that. Her mother was a good person and well did she love her, well did she miss her so much.

He had brought out a book which garnished her curiosity. The quick wit followed his motions with the stick carefully as she looked at the words. She had seen some words considering the other traders they came in contact with but this was probably the first time she saw her name in common. “Wow. “ The girl traced her fingers along the letters of her name. “Kaizer, what other words? “ Her curiosity often can be insatiable. The girl turned to crowd him to see the book just as suddenly as it seemed the source of these words.
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Memories of Days Gone By

Postby Ball on September 19th, 2015, 12:44 am

And the grades come rolling in.

Overall Comments
Hey guys, this was an amazingly written post! Unfortunately it was cut down in it's infancy and I wished it was completed, but that is beside the fact I guess.

As always please make sure you the grade request as Graded but not to remove the URL.

Amunet
Experience Points.
Riding (Horse) +2
Observation+2
Socialization +2
Medicine +3
Sewing +1
Teaching+1
Wilderness Survival +1
Writing +1

Lores.
  • Wolf Bites can lead to infections
  • Kaizer Dragos: From Lhavit
  • Learned the Common Word for ‘Injuries’
  • Learning the Characters of One’s Name in Common: Seeing Your Name Written
  • Riding Horse Lore: Riding with a Wounded Man
  • Mother’s Death: Living with a reminder (white ribbon in braid) and love.

Amu: This thread was great. I loved how Amunet was able to tie in her past with things and the detail was just amazing !

As always with every grading please feel free to bring any descrepencies of my grade to my attention or your local ST. Thank you!

Kaizer Dragos
Experience Points.
Brawling +2
Weapon(Club) +1
Socialization +1
Endurance +1
Riding(Horse) +1
Teaching +1

Lores.
  • Using Landmarks to Guide Direction
  • Brawling: Thumb Gouging the Eyes of an Opponent
  • Amunet: Savior amongst the Grass
  • Indebted to Amunet: Preventing further distress

Punishments
  • The wound on the leg would take a week to heal with consistent proper treatment, on really cold days a small twinge of phantom pain may exist

Note: I am not sure that this is common knowledge: ' I am aware of the bacteria and other manner of foulness contained within the bite of a wolf,'... So please, without the proper skill level please make sure you understand that you can't be that specific without the skill to backup the bacteria. You could've went with the part about the wolf bite capable of running foul, but as to why without training wouldn't be known.

Well written however!

*THIS THREAD WAS UPDATED AT THE REQUEST OF KAIZER FOR HIS GRADE AFTER HE COMPLETED AS ASKED: Updated CS for appropriate ledger input

Template Credit: Edric Wingard
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes