Closed I can't see your face (Clyde)

Clyde tries morphing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

I can't see your face (Clyde)

Postby Gybe on August 18th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Timestamp 77th of Summer 515AV

Gybe was at home, having begun relaxing after a day of fishing. Every once in a while he was known to bring in a big catch, getting mostly lucky, but it happened from time to time. When it did he would often relax and sit back the rest of the day, considering that a great many fish had gone to the grinder didn't sit well with him. While selective of his catch, when you get a big haul, you can't sort and sift through them, and thus he felt as if he had betrayed who he was as a Svefra. Perhaps a bit mopey, but mostly just clearing his head, he sat in his chair at his table, smoking a cigarette.

An hour passed an it was time for lunch. It was then that he began to start cooking some baked beans and making some bread. In the meantime he had some cheese cut up and was munching on it with some tomatoes. While he didn't appreciate the Nykans, he certainly liked some of the foods they had. He still tried to remain true to his Svefra roots as much as possible however and would generally eat fish. As he sat there in his chair, he hummed a little song to himself and wondered what to do next, mainly about his situation here.

Other's Words -- My Words -- My Thoughts
Gybe
Player

Words: 60786
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2015, 8:31 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 26th, 2015, 8:11 pm

Clyde was a busy man. Finding time then to train on his lesser skills, mundane or magical abilities he had newly acquired or hadn't yet worked on much, wasn't something he often had time for.

Morphing was one such skill new to him. He'd been taught it recently by one of his students, a youth who he'd been taking on as an apprentice. She also knew another magic, but he'd not gotten around to it, and didn't want to try and learn another new magic before getting far in this new one.

He'd only used it a few times, and was still not all that skilled in its uses and nuances, but was slowly learning it. Unlike his Reimancy, a magic he had full mastery and control of, morphing was still difficult. A challenge. Something new to learn, to grow on, and thus interesting.

Because of that he'd wanted a chance to test it out further, but he'd not had a chance since coming to Nyka... Till he'd met Gybe. He seemed accepting of magic more or less, or perhaps was simply the type of person who out up with anything that had a use or possible advantage for them. A somewhat mercantile sense to them. Likely if he felt it lost its use to him, or was more likely to harm his reputation than help it, Gybe would cast it away quite easily, Clyde included.

Betrayal however was a thing he understood, and so did not fear. He understood, or so he felt, Gybe's relationship with magic and Clyde's usage of it, felt he had a handle on what might make him decide it wasn't worth being involved, and so felt safer in dealing with his possible betrayal than with an unknown entity.

One particular thing he wanted to try required another person, something he'd heard of vaguely or in passing about being possible with morphing or magic, but hadn't seen in action. That he knew of anyway. Perhaps, now that he thought on it, he had seen it without noticing. That would be the point after all...

Regardless he felt that Gybe being somewhat safe and likely open to the prospect, he seemed as good a person as any to try to face copy.

Clyde knocked three times in quick succession with Cha's head, and waited for Gybe to answer his door.

Upon the door being answered Clyde would propose something. “A proposition. Something that you would likely find interesting, and that wouldn't cost you anything.”

Clyde would however refuse to explain more outside, simply shaking his head if Gybe asked him to. If he was invited inside with the door shut behind them, he'd give a bit more detail.

“I'd like your assistance as a face model. You've seen that I'm a mage, or at least you've seen some of my more impressive magics. Well, I also have other magics besides that one, though admittedly some I'm less practiced at. One of these is the one I would like to work on. I'd like to use your face as a model, and try to temporarily take on its appearance over my own.”

“I assure you it won't harm you at all, or affect or cost you anything. But it would be of use to me to try such a technique. Would you be amenable?”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gybe on August 27th, 2015, 10:58 am

Gybe was the one betrayed, betrayed by this city and their lackadaisical wistful lives, their penchant for living all out, and their forsaking of their fellow brethren and foreigners. He had laid judgement out on them, and who knew how it would come about. Certainly not him, but perhaps Clyde was that tool.

Three raps on his door came and he wondered idly if it was the Havershams fresh from shutting down their stall. Gybe rose to answer the door and opened it quickly, expecting someone else. His face showed as such, and as Clyde spoke he became interested immediately. Looking to the street and his neighbors houses nearby, he didn't see anything of suspicion and let the mage inside.

Upon closing the door, he naturally said, "So what do you propose?"

The lanky magician proposed a bold idea, one that was both odd and perhaps beneficial to Gybe. He contemplated a moment and then offered the man his old chair, pulling Gybe's to sit nearby.

He then pulled a foot up to rest on top of the seat and said, "I can't see why not." It seemed like Clyde was telling the truth, but he couldn't be sure. They were however partners so to speak in recent adventure, so he figured that if anyone was somewhat trustworthy, it'd be him.

"I'm coincidentally making some food if you want some after you're done." He knew the man would likely be very hungry as before. Making sure briefly that his beans weren't going to burn, he lowered the heat of the fire on the hearth and then plopped down, removed his cigarette from his mouth and put it out under his sandal.

"Whenever you're ready" he said with a slightly nervous look on his face.

Last edited by Gybe on January 9th, 2016, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gybe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 8th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Taking a chair, Clyde sat with Cha in hand, staring at the man with his mundane eyes. He was glad that Gybe had agreed to his request, as there weren't to many he could make it of.

Clyde smiled at his mention of food, and nodded. “You know I'm not one to turn down food. And I expect, as you know, this will be draining. At least as much as my other magics, as I am less skilled in the use of this one.”

Once the man was seated himself and ready to start, Clyde focused his djed through Cha, willing out an extension of his senses. His own aura focus expanded, taking in Gybe, letting a subtle and basic view of him shift into his mage sight. Considering much of his work involved his face, he knew he couldn't depend upon his own senses overly much, not the mundane ones.

“Thank you then... I suppose I'll start with the eyes.”

Closing his eyelids, Clyde brought Cha and his spare hand up to press against his face and eyes, feeling the touch of wood and skin on his flesh.

Focusing on morphing, he attempted to calm himself, to meditate and center himself. He focused on his own face, but not HIS face. He imagined the image of his face, his head, as that of a dolls, one that looked just like him perfectly. His face wasn't a face, it was a doll, a fake. Something that with work and djed he could mold and shape and change. Something not static.

Clyde spent several chimes focusing on this thought, of the foreignness of his own flesh, his own face, and the fact that it was just a golem, a doll of flesh ready to be changed.

After another chime or two Clyde felt he was ready, had embraced the needed idea of his flesh being a doll and mutable, before he began to kneed his eyes.

He could see within his aura sight Gybe's eyes, focused on their image and sight. He saw the colors, and compared them to the doll resting in his mind, comparing the blue of those eyes. They both had blue eyes, but Clyde's... The doll's, he reminded himself, had a lighter blue. Also the sight of them was different. Specks here and there, ways and forms, their appearance was slightly different along with the color change.

Clyde spent several chimes focused on kneading the dolls eyes, injecting djed into it as he did. He felt the eyes grow more malleable, and when they did he pushed and shifted so as to change the properties. Slowly the color of the dolls eyes shifted, growing darker, until finally after many chimes they were the correct color. More or less.

It wasn't the perfect shade, but it was much closer to Gybe's shade than any other color. Only a truly observant person would notice the difference.

With that done he spent a few more chimes shifting small things. Specks, shades, spots, and all manner of small details. After what felt like bells to Clyde, but was actually much more likely closer to a quarter bell, Clyde opened the dolls eyes to face Gybe, pulling away his hands and Cha.

What he revealed were a pair of eyes almost just like Gybe's.

“So... How do they look?”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gybe on January 9th, 2016, 9:45 am

Gybe was a peaceful sort of man with a raging inferno inside. After five years it had grown to wane and surge dependent on the atrocities he had seen in the city as well as the people's lackadaisical attitudes toward it. If a spectre somehow came out of the ocean and attacked a Svefra and killed him, his people would find out just about everything they could about the spectre and seek retribution. It didn't make sense to just chill out while people who are your family are dying. While his people couldn't really give a crap what happened to each other, when an outside force threatened them, it was time to get back. Often that represented itself economically rather than violently, but Gybe had lost everything.

He sat there, patiently waiting for anything to happen. He knew nothing of magic, but he knew the temperament of his guest. If he started poking about, moving, breaking Clyde's concentration, or even asking if he had fallen asleep, he likely would aggravate the situation. Instead he sat there, a testament to his patience; the same patience that enabled him to maliciously stay in the city, like a benign tumor waiting to strike against the city and spread its sickness among those in charge.

Clyde didn't move and neither did Gybe. Gybe was leaned forward on his chair with his arms crossed, lying across his knees. Eventually when something seemed to change and Clyde moved, so did he. The soreness of the day fishing had affected him in remaining still and he leaned back, feeling the burn of the pain in his back. He propped himself up by placing his hands on his knees and glared at Clyde as he looked to him.

Gybe was decent at noticing differences in physical relations to what was normal. The mans eyes were different from before.

"I couldn't say if they look exactly like mine, but they definitely are different."

He took a moment to lean in slightly closer to view them a bit better. With a studious face he studied them, somewhat marveling that the man changed his eyes.

"So just like that...different eyes. Can you change the shape of them?"

Gybe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 10th, 2016, 12:00 am

Clyde frowned in concentration as he pondered Gybe's question. He kept a steady flow of djed to his eyes, holding the change in place by feeding it energy. That alone took a bit of his concentration, though not as much as the morphing itself. Apparently though Gybe didn't like his alteration.

He of course would know his own face quite well, and would likely be able to advise him better in how to take on his form.

He'd hoped he'd made them appear more alike to Gybe's eyes, but apparently not. But then, it was his first time attempting to alter his eyes, so perhaps it wasn't so odd he'd not gotten it right off.

“The shape?”

For a moment Clyde thought Gybe meant the actual shape, as in the vaguely ovoid or sphere shape of the eyes, as if two different humans literally had different eyeball shapes.

It took him a moment to realize he meant the eye frame, the eyelid, and how the eye appeared through that, not the eyeball itself.

“Ah, you mean the eye setting? Mmm... Yeah, I could try to change that. Yes, hadn't even considered that such would be different.”

Staring at Gybe, Clyde focused on the mans eyelids and the setting in which the eyeball was seen through. He'd never considered his own before, but he supposed he did have a particular eye fashion.

Clyde's eye, or the doll image he was shaping in his head, seemed a bit... Taller. Not so much taller as in that Clyde's eyelids were... Heavier? Heavier in his appearance at least.

Spending a moment pondering this, Clyde felt out within the two's aura, comparing and contrasting between Gybe's eye setting and the doll image of Clyde's head.

Closing his eyes once more Clyde began to push and pull, pulling some skin wider across bits, and in other places pulling it back and more open into the correct shape.

Each time he moved something he fed a bit more djed in, feeling the malleability of his flesh and willing the doll to be modified. After a few chimes of this when he released his hold on the flesh it didn't instantly spring back to its normal shape, but instead stayed as he'd pulled it.

Clyde spent another chime or two, willing his djed, focusing on the empty spot with the doll head revolving within it pictured in his mind, and willing and forcing the changes to take place.

When he finally pulled away his fingers and opened his eyes he felt the setting of his eyes was much more akin to Gybe's.

Gybe's eyes tended to be more serious, almost surprised and ready to take in any threat. Clyde however didn't depend on his eyes so much, not when he had his mage senses. His eyes were naturally calmer, more suppressed. But now... Now Clyde compared the doll head in his mind that was the flesh clay he was molding with his morphing, and compared it to Gybe.

It still wasn't perfect, but it was much greater a likeness than before.

“Eyeshape, better? I'd honestly forgotten the setting, and was only working on the eyes themselves.”
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aladari Coolwater on March 26th, 2017, 3:28 am

The tide brings in your grades.

Name:Clyde Sullins

XP Award:
  • Morphing: +2
Lore:
  • Lore of Morphing Model: Heavy Blue Eyes
  • Lore of Morphing: Setting and Context Matter
  • Lore of Self: I Depend Less on My Eyes With Mage Senses

Name:Gybe

Withheld due to inactivity of 1 year. Please PM me if you return and I will get you your grades.

Penalties/Rewards :
None.

Comments :
Don't forget to edit your request to reflect its graded status. If you have any questions or feel I forgot something, please contact either me or the local ST.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3