PM to join Hunted

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Hunted

Postby Naiya on August 28th, 2015, 1:50 am

Naiya nodded, accepting her offer once she explained that it was more than just good intentions. Besides, everything she said was making more sense as it came. Sit, put the creature down, out her head down. Try not to vomit on the kind doctor was something she added on her own as she carefully put down the boar, trying not to startle the horse who seemed discontent with the smell of death.

Grattitude underlined her motions as she sat, taking the cloth to slip it beneath her hair to rest against her neck. She did as the woman bade, tucking her head between her knees. Whether it was the cool cloth or the position, the world seemed altogether better once she had listened.

She hadn't thought she would feel so poorly, perhaps the heat had gotten to her. The woman introduced herself, and Naiya looked up at her, slightly startled.

"Blackwater? I've met a Blackwater recently. A man with light eyes and braided, blonde hair. He asked me to work on a project for him." Naiya informed her as she put her head back down. She felt much more steady with her head down. "I am Naiya Dawnwhisper," She continued, her voice muffled by her curled position, "I cleaned the wounds, on my leg, and the ones on my hand, but my neck, I don't know if I did any good, I can't see it." She explained in hopes of making the woman's job easier.

She sighed heavily as the woman, Pearl, began to examine her, feeling like a child who had bitten off more than she could chew. More slowly this time, she lifted her head, watching as the woman assessed her, trying to figure out what action Pearl would take.

"I probably just needed to rest." Naiya began again, trying to ward off the woman's worry. There was a determination in the woman though, a gentle insistence that kept Naiya in place. Following the woman's orders even though she felt overly vulnerable baring her weakness to a stranger in the grass.
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hunted

Postby Pearl on August 30th, 2015, 1:58 am

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Niaya Dawnwhisper,” Pearl spoke, her tone gentle and kind as she watched Naiya for a moment longer in an attempt to gauge the effects of the injuries to her a bit better, along with getting to know the woman behind the injuries a bit better as well, “Sounds like you’ve met my husband, Dravite,” she added as Naiya’s description of the man met that of her husband. “Give me just a tick and I’ll get a couple of things from Knox’s bags.”

When she returned to Naiya’s side, she had the small strips of cloth she used for bandages, some turmeric powder, and the water-skin. “Do you mind?” she asked as she knelt down and began to unwrap the bandage that was already upon the wound. “This one looks to be the worst of them. Nasty boar’s mouths,” the last words muttered as the wound was revealed. It was still bleeding and oozing a bit of clear fluids with the blood, which wasn’t an altogether bad sign, but the bleeding was in need of clotting. The bites were bad, from the looks of them, but so bad as to cause alarm. “My husband was recently bitten by a Zith. Horrible bite, that was,” Pearl spoke the words, in hopes that they might reassure Naiya that while her wounds were bad, she would heal, and also that she might gain a bit of confidence in Pearl’s skills in treating her wounds. “We got him through that, we’ll get you through this.”

“Do your best to hold still for me, it needs a bit more water upon it to clean it before I place the medicine on to help it heal for you,” Pearl explained as she continued to work, and tried to mix in a bit of small talk, trying not to worry the young woman. “What type of work do you do?” she asked as she poured some water over the wound, letting the water clean it before she held a clean bandage to it, with a little pressure to help encourage the bleeding to stop.

Pearl looked up to Naiya then and smiled that kind smile of hers so as to assure her that everything looked well. Once the bleeding had stopped adequately, Pearl sprinkled some of the ground turmeric powder onto the bites and then wrapped them with a clean bandage, securing it so that it didn’t cut off feeling or blood flow to her limb, but was tight enough to stay in place, holding the turmeric against the wound so it could do its work. “This should ease the pain a little for you as well and stop all that bleeding,” she explained.

Pearl
Doctor at The River Flower

Words: 219351
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2015, 5:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Hunted

Postby Pearl on August 30th, 2015, 1:59 am

Moving her supplies with her, Pearl situated herself a little closer to Naiya’s shoulder and reached up to move the woman’s hair back so she could see the wound at her neck. Keeping that practiced smile upon her face she managed not to gasp when she saw what she thought were bite marks. She studied it a little closer, using a wetted piece of bandage to gently dab away the blood. As the wound revealed itself, Pearl could clearly tell it was a bite mark; however, it wasn’t a bite from the boar. It was the bite of a nonvenomous snake, she concluded, by the lack of fang puncture wound and the way the two sets of teeth marks scraped at the skin.

“You’ve come across more than the boar, this day, I see.” A few more dabs of the cloth to the wound were given. “You did well enough here. I think just a touch of the turmeric should dry up the remainder of that bleeding and keep you from getting an infection,” she added while she applied the powder to the wound. “I do hope you were able to kill the snake as well?” Pearl detested snakes, though they had their place in nature, she knew. But the mere thought of them could turn her stomach, especially one had taken her Nexus away from her.

Pleased with the treatment of that wound, Pearl looked back to Naiya and held out her hand to. “May I see your wounded hand, please?” she asked while looking to Naiya, checking her pupils and her colouring to see how she was fairing through all of the treatment and wounds so far. Once Naiya had let her tend to her hand, the wound there, looking much like the one at her neck only covering the palm of her hand. She could only surmise that it has been one insistent snake. Still Pearl made certain it was cleaned properly with the water and then added the turmeric powder to the wound to help with pain and infection, not to mention stopping the bleeding. Once she had the clean bandage wound around Naiya’s hand and tied in place, she smiled. “There, that should help with some of the pain, at least until we can get you and your kill home safely.”

She gathered up what was left of the supplies and sat upon her knees, feet folded beneath her bottom as a makeshift cushion. “Do you think you feel up moving yet? We can rest a bit more, if you’d rather.” Pearl checked the position of the days light, before adding, “Though perhaps we shouldn’t wait too much longer before heading back. Knox can carry both you and the boar. I don’t want you walking on that leg much at all until morning. Give it a good rest and allow the medicines to do their work, then you should be good to move around as you like.”

Pearl waited until Naiya was ready to move, then gave her a leg up onto Knox. Once she was settled, Pearl grabbed the boar by the legs and began to heft it up. She had to try several times before managing to get the boar into a position where she could lift it up high enough so that Naiya could grab a hold of one end of it and help her settle it over Knox’s back, in front of Naiya so she could hold it in place. After that struggle, she smiled up at Naiya, a little breathless.

Pearl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Hunted

Postby Naiya on August 31st, 2015, 10:08 pm

Yes, Dravite, that had been his name. Naiya didn't follow the woman's movement as she might have another stranger, if she was married to a watch man, she was good people, and that made Naiya less concerned that she might try to kill her to send her spirit back to the web. She wasn't that injured.

She did look up as the woman began working on her wounds, the fresh wave of pain helped to clear her head. She watched the woman work, her voice gentle and reassuring as she moved about. There was confidence in her, which spoke more to Naiya than her words did, she didn't seem flustered, nor was she unsure about the actions to take. She washed the wound as Naiya had, but continued to pour the water until after it stopped running red. That was more than Naiya had done. Her bandages were cleaner, and smaller but the real difference was the pressure she put on the wounds.

"I am a seamstress, I have been working in a pavilion, but lately I have had a few side requests, like your Dravite, that make me consider branching out on my own." She informed her as clearly as she could. Babbling a bit as she watched the other woman work.

Naiya was glad then that she was seated, the change in the feeling of the pain again took her a moment to work through. By then, Pearl was sprinkling a powder on the punctures, which she then wrapped more tightly than Naiya had tied her first bandage.

"What is the powder?" Naiya asked, doing her best to keep her discomfort out of her voice. She had told her it would help with pain, and stop the bleeding, which were both good things, but she didn't know what it was.

Pearl explained that the herb was called turmeric, before she continued to work, moving closer to get a look at the bite on her shoulder. More turmeric there as well, for the bleeding and to prevent infection.

"Yes, I killed it too. It was an eventful day." She said, considering for a moment the woman's obvious dislike for the creatures. She placed her hand gently in the woman's own when prompted, watching again as she worked on the wounds.

"I can move," Naiya told her, feeling better after sitting and not having to carry the burden of the boar for a while. Pearl gave her a leg up, something she would have turned down if she had been able to stand properly, or if her hand could get a good grip. As it was she was simply grateful if slightly embarrassed as well. The woman was kind enough to act as though she didn't notice.

Pearl went for the boar then, struggling more than Naiya had, if she had been thinking clearly, she would have lifted it herself, and then had the woman hold it while she mounted. Instead she reached for the creature as the woman lifted it, hefting it up onto the horse with her.

"Thank you again," Naiya said as Pearl smiled, "I don't know that I could have made it home with this boar if I hadn't come across you."

It didn't take them long to reach the city, and as it came into view, Naiya guided the worse and the woman towards her pavilion, and when she knew the camp was no more than a few chimes further, she asked the horse to halt.

"I can make it home from here." Naiya explained, preparing to hand the woman the boar so that she could dismount.

Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunted

Postby Pearl on September 3rd, 2015, 3:21 am

Knox had graciously carried the woman and the boar back, especially since Pearl kept her hand at his neck for most of the walk. The walk back to Endrykas was nice and quiet, and for that Pearl was grateful; however the rather abrupt change in Naiya was of concern. Pearl stopped though, as Naiya seemed rather insistent, and helped to settle the boar to the ground with a grunt having done her best to keep from dropping the animal. Dead or not, bruised meat was never good. “Naiya, you really shouldn’t be walking on your leg just yet?”

Concern shown in Pearl’s eyes as she helped Naiya, or offered a hand to her to help her from Knox. She hadn’t wanted to seem pushy, but her natural tendency was to care for her patients to the point of being overly protective of them, even if it meant protecting them from themselves. But there was something in Naiya’s eyes that Pearl noticed, along with the tension in Naiya’s shoulders, and the abrupt change in Naiya’s demeanor as they neared what Pearl could only assume was Naiya’s home, that gave Pearl pause in her words.

Pearl sifted through the bags for the small paper that held the turmeric powder and held it in her hand. “Please take this with you. It’s the turmeric that I used on your wounds. If you mix a pinch of it in some warm milk and drink it twice a day it will help fight off infection which will make it easier for your wounds to heal. This is enough for two days,” she explained as she offered the powder to her. “But you need to rest that leg, keeping it elevated so that the wound has time to rest and heal properly. If you don’t you’re going to risk having problems with it for much longer than the next day or so.”

“I’d be happy to check in on you, tomorrow, if you let me know where I can find you?” Pearl was beginning to suspect that things at home weren’t easy for Nayia, though she didn’t know exactly why. It could simply be her imagination, though still, she made a mental note to speak with her husband about Naiya and if he’d met with her at her home, or at the market. She was even considering talking with her father and Bayon about her concerns. Her displeasure was showing in the creases upon her forehead, though she brought up that practiced smile, as she awaited Naiya’s response. Things just weren’t adding up for Pearl and she meant to see her patient, and hopefully new friend, healthy in all ways.

Pearl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Hunted

Postby Naiya on September 11th, 2015, 2:06 am

Despite the woman's protest, she helped Naiya as she moved the meat from her lap, hefting it down to the woman who was aware enough to place it gently down. She offered her a hand as well, and Naiya shaped gratitude between them before taking the woman's hand and sliding carefully off the horses back.

She took a moment to find her balance, then turned to the horse, offering her thanks to the creature with a gentle pat on the side. Facing Pearl once more, the woman looked concerned, so a gentle reassurance found its way into Naiya's posture, as she listened to the words about the powder in the woman's hands.

"Thank you." She told the woman, vocalizing the words for emphasis. "I will rest." Naiya promised, "My husband will take good care of me." A pause followed her words, as she waited for the woman's concern to fade. "I just don't want to cause him any more stress than this today." She smiled, offering what she hoped was an understandable explanation.

She glanced toward the falling sun, a hand to the horizon measuring the time until sunset on her fingers. It was a good thing their camp was already set. "We are camped just off a rill, it flows northwest of the city. You can find us if you follow it." She informed the woman, doing digging of her own into her pockets.

"I don't have much Miza to pay you with. Perhaps you will take the rabbit I caught today too. For services and medicines." She drew a handful of coins, ten gold Miza, and offered them to the woman.

"I can not thank you enough for your help today," she encouraged the woman to take the coin with her words, reminding her that she had done much for the payment.

Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunted

Postby Pearl on September 11th, 2015, 2:45 am

Despite her concerns for Naiya’s welfare, she could certainly understand the concern for a husband and not wanting to cause additional stress for her spouse. Though her senses told her that a husband might be more stressed over an injured wife returning alone, rather than returning with help of a concerned friend or doctor, she decided to respect the woman’s wishes without further objection. She had, after all, promised to take care of herself and assured her that her husband would as well.

It eased her mind considerably when Naiya followed up with how Pearl could find her, just off a rill that flows northwest of the city. Pearl took note of her surroundings, looking around to be sure she had northwest plotted out properly in her mind by way of the sun situated into the sky as it began to fade and sink into the ground. “Oh please, no, keep your gold,” she said in a gentle tone of voice, not wishing to cause anyone to think they had to part with their gold for her to help them. She was, in fact, more than happy to have been of assistance and was genuinely glad she was in the area and was able to help. But she did know how important it was to most that they pay for their services, or at the very least barter in trade for them, and she would not deny anyone the right to their own sense of worth, rather she would encourage it and nurture it to grow.

“I am more than pleased that I was able to help you in your time of need,” she added, then soon followed with, “if you insist, then perhaps just the rabbit as a token of goodwill for goodwill.” Pearl knew her husband would make good use of the rabbit skin, and Yuki would be able to feed their small pavilion for a day on the meat.

Pearl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Hunted

Postby Naiya on September 19th, 2015, 1:37 am

Pearl looked somewhat relieved, and that made Naiya feel better as well. The ground was marked with familiar tracks, Zibri and horses, hunting cats too. Their pavilion had come through here recently enough their tracks still lingered.

Pearl refused the Miza, but said that perhaps the rabbit would be suitable. Without hesitation Naiya pulled her pack off and loosened the rabbit, still whole but for the arrow wound through the chest. Brown and white with fur that was soft with summer's growth, the creature was fairly large, enough for two or three, more if thinned in a stew.

To the offered rabbit she added three gold coins, insistent in the offering. "If not for the service, then to replenish your supplies. I am so very grateful that you helped." She smiled, the woman was too kind. "Besides, I don't want to set a bad start to our business, and you can be sure after how kind you were today, I'll seek you out in the future should the need arise." Pearl accepted her gesture, whether because of her insistence or because she did not want to stress the injured woman further. Naiya didn't mind either way what the reasoning was.

"I'll let Shahar, my husband, know that you might come by tomorrow to check on me. He will be relieved to know that, and will keep him from worrying instead of hunting tomorrow."

With their discussion completed, and plans made, Naiya glanced towards her home before turning a final smile to the woman. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Pearl," She informed her, "Thank you again for your kindness."

Naiya waited until the woman was far enough away not to see her face before her smile faded into bone deep weariness. She had sent her help away to spare her husband, but now she needed to make the rest of the trip home.

Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunted

Postby Tribal on September 22nd, 2015, 5:09 am

G R A D E S
Update

Naiya Dawnwhisper

Experience

• Tracking: 3
  • Observation: 4
  • Deduction: 1
  • Detection: 1
  • Hunting: 1
  • Weapon, Longbow: 1
  • Medicine: 2
  • Endurance: 3
  • Wilderness Survival, Plains: 2
  • Logic: 4
  • Foraging: 2
  • Weapon, Dagger: 1
  • Cleaning: 1
  • Bodybuilding: 1
  • Land Navigation: 2
  • Socialisation: 4
  • Rhetoric: 3

Lore

• Naiya: Concerned that Shahar does not desire her
  • Bow: Aiming for the heart
  • Boar: Circle back to attack hunters even when wounded
  • Medicine: Bandaging a wound to keep it clean
  • Naiya: Has something to prove to Khida and Shahar
  • Tracking: Blood patterns and their meanings
  • Naiya: Staying calm in life-threatening situations
  • Poisonous snakes don't try to strangle their victims
  • Land Navigation: Using the sun
  • Pearl Blackwater: A doctor working for The River Flower
  • Pearl: Married to Dravite Blackwater
  • Dravite Blackwater: Recovered from an infected Zith bite
  • Logic: Anyone married to someone from The Watch is good people
  • Turmeric Powder and its uses
  • Naiya: A gift for the good doctor

Penalties

Naiya will be in a bit of pain until her leg is fully healed. She will need to keep the wound clean and dry to avoid infection. The bite marks will heal within thirty days and leave faint scaring with the deeper bite leaving a noticeable dent in her skin.

Naiya's snakebites will leave very faint scars.

1 x broken arrow (please remove from CS)
-3 gold miza (please remove from ledger)

Awards

1 x boar [food]
2 x bird eggs [food]
1 x headless snake [food]

Pearl

Experience

• Socialisation: 4
  • Grooming: 1
  • Animal Husbandry: 1
  • Organisation: 3
  • Riding, horse: 1
  • Foraging: 5
  • Drawing: 4
  • Writing: 4
  • Observation: 5
  • Wilderness Survival, Plains: 2
  • Endurance: 2
  • Land Navigation: 1
  • Logic: 2
  • Mathematics: 1
  • Herbalism: 3
  • Horsemanship: 2
  • Rhetoric: 3
  • Cleaning: 1
  • Medicine: 4
  • Bodybuilding: 1

Lore

• Bayon: Doesn't like Pearl going out alone
  • Foraging: Returning to good foraging grounds
  • Lavender: To calm the nerves and help with sleep
  • Lavender: Good for bug bites, cuts, infections, and sunburn
  • Lavender: Can be used in cooking
  • Chamomile Flowers: Good for brewing tea
  • Chamomile Flower Tea: For heat rash, sleep, coughs and colds, cuts, discomfort, and dry skin.
  • Pearl: The joys of walking barefoot
  • Horseradish: Has a smell that burns the nose
  • Horseradish: For treating colds, flu, and chest congestion
  • Horseradish: Can be used for cooking
  • Willow: Education is the key to survival
  • Aloe: Good for treating burns, bites, skin, and twisted bowel
  • Naiya Dawnwhisper: Knows Dravite
  • Observation: A boar bite
  • Naiya: Got into a fight with a boar and won
  • Naiya Dawnwhisper is a seamstress
  • Naiya: Married to Shahar Dawnwhisper

Rewards

1 x Handful of lavender
1 x handful of chamomile flowers
3 x horseradish roots
1 x aloe plant
1 x rabbit [food]
+3 gold miza (please add to ledger)

Notes

Wow that was a long one. Still only took all day to grade LOL! Great job girls, beautiful writing. Enjoy the rewards.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Previous