I'm in the Market [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 4th, 2010, 1:17 pm

Tebridiar's heart felt lifted.

She saw the intricately inked body, that beautiful face, the stern expression that melted into joy when they entered eachothers vision. Even being apart just a day felt like an age. Fancy meeting her again in the Sea of Grass, when just a day before they had met for the second time. She had her lovely horse Nott with her, but as she descended from him, Luc seemed uneasy and she didn't seem too happy with the pirate-like Isur.

She was fascinated to learn that he was very strong, and she wanted to talk to him, but Aleksi had came along and her attention was diverted to her and her alone.

"Aleksi!" Tebridiar yelled, elated at meeting her here. "I didn't think I'd see you today!" She rushed up to meet her, gazing into her eyes. Then she was reminded of the Isur behind her. Was it best to remain secretive with strangers? She'd tried her best so far. It was the only thing stopping her practically tackling Aleksi to the ground in a delighted hug. She'd let Aleksi make that decision.

"Everything is fine, though... he did worry me a bit at the start. Nearly stabbed me, he did, I gave him a fright, I think." She was still a bit shaken, but she had calmed down and was beginning to feel the Isur wasn;t as much of a threat as she had initially guessed. "He wants to go to Endrykas, and hes making me take him."

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 4th, 2010, 4:06 pm

Now this was a tattooed out Drykas thought Trios as the newcomer rode in a rather large horse followed by some cat looking beast. This was not good to say in the least, fighting odds of; three vs one or four vs one if the horse could fight, were not good. Trios would have enjoyed those odds in the reverse but no matter how many times his cursed at it, they were not. There was also the added by the fact Trios was in a foreign land things were looking slightly grim for the sea worthy man.

A few plans came to mind to Trios about what to do if things turned the slightest bit grim, but they all involved running away in a expedited fashion. It could be fun thought Trios a bit sadistically, making the Drykas run around in an attempt to capture him. Now that would be a story for the ages, Trios could see it now a legendary tale about how one man angered an entire nation. Trios began thinking it best to wait and see what would happen next before such course was to be taken.

With a raised eyebrow at what some might consider a “Hostile” look, Trios simply shrugged it off. Though, it would have been worse if he had heard the notion of being called a “Thing”. So pushing on past the hostile looks Trios thought it best that arrogance was the key to this situation. He’d be damned if he was going to let some Drykas push him around.

“That’s a weird look ya got there missy, it'll stick if you hold it ya know?” Said Trios in his natural cold manner as he began walking in the same direction to which his guide was taking him. It was most likely some form a direct route but if the path the girl was on had a slight curve to it then Trios would not know of it.

“Lets go, I’ve got a lot of things to do, can this heart touching reunion not wait till Endrykas kidd-o” Said Trios as he walked passed the two girls stopping short of the wildcat and then simply staring deep into the abyss of its hunter like eyes. Also what was the girl thinking she wasn’t being forced to do anything, hell he offered to pay didn’t he?

“You wouldn’t like me kitty, I taste like salt-rock, you can have a try if you want” Said Trios chuckling coldly at the cat shifting his bag to his right shoulder and arm before offering a clenched left arm to the beast. It did give him the impression that being eaten would be a horrible death, but he wasn’t going to show it.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Aleksi on December 4th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Alekis slowly wrapped her arms around the girl and kissed her forehead. That creature was more and more stunning by the day. Her eyes moved all over that beautiful body as she heard what happened "He almost did what?!?", she screamed and sharply looked at the thing standing before them. The scream turned into a growl a second later, followed by another one from Luc. Nott didn't like that, so Aleksi had to rub along his body to calm him down again.

Her hands moved Tebridiar lightly to the side and with her eyebrow lifted again, she added in a rather sick, threatening way, obviously towards the Isur "You know strangers are not allowed in Endrykas Tebridiar.... Especially if not taken there by a Drykas man or a woman"

Gently holding Tebridiar next to her, she basically scanned the Isur and then heard him speak. That just crossed every line she ever had. Drykas' pride was sometimes their biggest enemy, but at the point where it happened, they never thought about it twice. She tried hard not to growl madly and somehow managed to keep herself calm, at least on the outside
"They will not let you walk into the city, and if I have anything to say about that, which I do, you will lose a lot more then that..."

She turned around, following the so called pirate with her gaze and letting her left hand reach to her hip, onto a dagger handle. If the battle was to happen, she knew nothing here, with as many of them as there were, can't go wrong
"And, if you insult Luc one more time, I will make sure he does actually have more then one bite...."

Her hand led Tebridiar towards Nott, adding quietly "Get on the horse love.... ". It seemed like Aleksi was planning to do something and that something wasn't going to be pretty. "And you, whatever the hell you are... Why would you go to Endrykas and what the hell makes you think you can go around trying to stab and insult people?". The look in her eyes was cold in a rather insane way, a bit too cold for a person, one might say. That was probably because Aleksi never actually cared about what will happen to her as long as Tebridiar was safe.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 5th, 2010, 11:11 am

The Kelvic was getting a little worried to say the least…

She could lead the Isur to Endrykas, but she wouldn’t be able to get him in… Darn.

And it was looking less and less likely by the minute that this guy was going to get to Endrykas. He appeared to have… irritated… Aleksi. And Tebridiar knew she wasn’t the sort of person just to let things go.

“Aleksi!” She cried urgently. “He wouldn’t actually have hurt me, I know he wouldn’t!” She didn’t know what to do. Aleksi looked like she was just about ready to take an aim at his head, and set her kitty on him. And he’s not the kind of cat that you want sinking its claws into your flesh.

She had tenderly lead her to Nott, but Tebridiar wasn’t content to sit on a horse and let what was going to happen… happen.

“Just talk to him! He’s not all bad… he’s just a little uncivilized!” Well, a little was a bit of an understatement. But Tebridiar wondered if Aleksi was past listening now. She looked cold and vicious, ready for battle. She had a harsh light in her eyes, gripping the handle of her dagger tightly. but this only happened when she looked at the Isur. When she turned to Tebridiar she had been warm and concerned.

And it was then that Tebridiar knew how she truly felt. Because she knew Aleksi wasn’t doing this to keep him out of the city or to tell him to get lost…

She was doing it to protect Tebridiar.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 5th, 2010, 4:53 pm

And there goes the guide, thought Trios slightly annoyed as he broke his staring contest with cat and smoothly turning towards the young girls. This “Aleksi” must have had some sort of close relationship to the guide whose name was revealed to be “Tebridiar”. It amazed Trios how much one can learn by saying little but listening a lot. The only confusing thing that the Drykas said was that only their kind could lead strangers into Endrykas, wasn’t this Tebridiar part of a Drykas family or clan?

No matter, passage into Endrykas could be done with the more tattooed Aleksi instead, reasoned Trios. It was just a matter of convincing the stubborn horse lady that she should take the Isurian into camp. All that was needed was a bit of cutthroat business like “negotiations”. And if done right Trios might be welcomed with open arms into the camp, rather than kicked aside by some irksome Drykas who took offence to defending oneself in a foreign land.

Trios chuckled quietly to himself at Aleksi’s apparent anger and animalistic like nature towards him. Added by the fact that she now gave him a challenge to enter Drykas even more to simply spite what she said. Things like this made the whole adventure a bit more enjoyable. She must have been riding on some tall horse to think that she held that kind of power, granted she was “on” a tall horse literally, but it was not the same thing as holding power.

A battle here and now was not conducive to business and no profit was to be gained if Trios managed to kill the trio, that or died in a attempt. Rolling his eyes as the useless chatter continued, it was like nails on glass to the Isur which was hard to see beneath the man’s natural cold look. If this Aleksi was going to use her weapon, then she should have used it in a surprise attack thought Trios. Hell, she possibly would have killed him easily and it would have been an end to a non-existent story.

“I do all these things so that I may be a free man” Began Trios showing a slightly arrogant grin at his somewhat mystic phrase he heard in a tale once and it simply stuck to him. The blue Isur thought it best not to talk about insulting the cat once more, like the beast could understand him anyway so what was the point.

“The kids got a better head on her as well missy, plus….Aleksi right? I don’t think your leaders would feel it wise to kill a-man when he has something profitable in his head” Toyed Trios, continuing in his cold like manner pointing to his head.

As Trios spoke he set down his bag with his right hand removed his leather cap left revealing it to be lined with many gold mizas and a slim neatly folded square piece of paper tucked in the inner lining. And as if the paper was more important than the gold it self Trios carefully extracted it and held it aloft between his index and middle finger.

“Or in this case …on… his head. Might I ask ya why a piece of paper is important? Its not the thing it self but what it contains is an indication of worth to the right people ya? I wonder what people in Endrykas would find this highly worthy?” Ask Trios towards the angry Drykas with calculating business like eyes.

Some might say it was unwise to show where you hid most of your money to strangers out in the wilderness. Trios however thought that Tebridiar was a straight kind of kid to never allow her companion to kill and rob the Isur of his Mizas simply out of hate and dislike.

But what was on the piece of paper? It wasn’t a treasure map as some might think, and if you found this on the ground it would be completely worthless save when held by someone with a lot of money in his pocket. It was the question of the hour Trios thought. A question that could turn the sinister Aleksi’s anger to curiosity.

Piracy isn’t simply just robbing or killing people in the name of gold. It’s a deep and evolved method of doing things in order to get what you want.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Aleksi on December 5th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Tebridiar seemed worried, so Aleksi moved her eyes towards the girl and smiled wide again. "There, there my dear... Everything will be fine", she whispered with calm, caring voice. The woman seemed like she knew what she was doing and when Tebridiar said that Isur wouldn't hurt her, she giggled. "You trust too much darling...." were the only words Aleksi said to that before turning around again.

She laughed as the Isur started making his offers. It was almost stupid to even try and convince Aleksi to do something she didn't want to, this way, that is.
Such a fool, she thought to herself and moved her hand back from her dagger, looking up at Tebridiar and smiling lovingly
"I'm not willing to lose any more of my time on this idiot Tebridiar dear", whispering as she basically jumped up on the back of the horse, looking down at Luc and showing him a sign, Grassland Sign, if one knew, which made Luc growl towards Isur and step back next to the horse.

Such an idiot... He actually thinks he can offer me or the Drykas people something of interest... If he wanted to suggest something, he should have gone to the "leaders"... if there are some in Edrykas... , rolling her eyes she slowly pushed herself forward, adding quietly "Hold onto me tight dear, we're leaving.... "

She, once again, practically shot the Isur with her eyes and grinned in a wicked, somewhat arrogant manner. One should never fight Drykas with arrogance. After all, the Drykas, as Aleksi knew and said, were the people whose pride was so big that it usually ended up as a bad thing. She knew very well that the Isur needed her more then she needed him, and that he will, eventually either accept her terms or wait for someone else to come... OR, which was the best option for Aleksi, die trying to get within the Tent City.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 5th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Tebridiar trusted too much?

Wow. That was the opposite of how she used to be. She used to trust no one, never open up to a soul. Now things were very different. She had changed, and she had thought it was all for the better.

Hmmn, well most things for the better.

Aleksi had started to gallop away, but Tebridiar didn’t want to leave this man behind. He had to get to shelter, to safety… she couldn’t just leave him.

“Aleksi! You can’t just abandon him!” She called, trying to rise her voice over the thunder of heavy horse hooves. “Listen to me, he thinks he’s tough, but deep down… I think that he is a big softy. I don’t want you to leave him… He might die.” She looked back over her shoulder towards the Isur. Her hair was blowing around like an orange flame. Then it clicked.

“You should be his guide.” She said. “I know he made you angry. But at heart he just needs some help.”

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Trios on December 5th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Damn, thought Trios as his offer was blatantly shot down by Aleksi. He was sure that the gain of money and a lust of curiosity would drive her to take him to the tent city. It was a very bad day for luck the Isur thought as he re-donned his leather cap after returning the piece of paper to its proper place. All that was left to do was to watch the pair of females gallop past him and enter through the tall grasses that sprang up from the earth.

Trios would not beg for help, he had to be stronger than that. He’d find a way, things usually did once your put your back and mind into it. He’d fight the wilds tooth and nail when it came down to it because the wilds would give no quarter to him and therefore he’d return it ten fold.

“Fine! I’ll find it on m’own.” Grunted the Isurian to himself grabbing his bag from the earth and slinging it over his shoulder.

He had been led towards the encampment earlier so he could just follow it in it’s general direction keeping an ear out for human traffic. Maybe with luck turning the tides, finding someone who might lead him into the camp, he’d make sure to find Aleksi within the camp just to show her his resolve.

But with all the ill-feelings and dislike towards her, Trios couldn’t help but respect the foolish Drykas. Not being pushed around and standing ones ground is a damn respectable trait to have, just not within the people that Trios was trying to get something out of. With a mixture that wasn’t quite anger or morbid amusement at the scenario, Trios decided to keep moving towards the direction he had been taken in.

At least there was much to think about, cursing the Drykas women, luck, the gods was a great way to pass the time on a long walk…
THEME
Trios

Character sheet

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Aleksi on December 5th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Aleksi giggled at Tebridiar's reaction and gently pulled the girl's hand "Be quiet love... I'm not leaving him... I'm just scaring him and annoying the hell out of him

Turning around to wink at the beautiful Kelvic, she made the horse gallop quite fast, but not for long. The horse stopped and Aleksi jumped off, looking down at the ground "The trails are quite deep... He will be able to follow us if he is not a complete moron"

She then slowly started walking towards a rock that was quite big, showing Luc another one of those signs, which made him walk behind the rock and lay down. Aleksi herself took the horse there, made it lay on the ground so Tebridiar could step down
"Come, let's see if that silly, stupid pirate is worth coming to Endrykas or not.."

She tapped her lap lightly, as she sat down while looking at the Kelvic girl. It was time to do the boring thing of every hunt... wait for the prey to come by.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I'm in the Market [open]

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 2:41 pm

Tebridiar got it. She threw back her head and laughed for a while, eventually being able to conceal her giggles and keep them at bay for a short time.

She came down to sit on Aleksi’s welcoming lap. She was happy to do so. Hopefully she wasn’t being a little lap Kelvic… but she knew that wasn’t what her bondmate-to-be was implying. She just wanted to be close to her.

“You know he’s going to follow you! Good one!” She grinned eagerly. They just had to wait in the grass for him. And they were together, alone again. For a short while anyway. They weren’t too far from him, hopefully. “I just hope glassbeaks aren’t attracted by the smell of alcohol, or he’s done for.”

She squeezed Aleksi’s hand happily, feeling good to be alone with her if just for a little while.

“Your amazing!”
She gushed. “I’d never have thought of that. Lets see if he is strong and smart enough to walk amongst the Drykas people.”

She wrapped her arms around Aleksi’s neck and snuggled into her chest, shutting her eyes and relaxing. This had been an interesting day, to say the least.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext